SIMONMED IMAGING

SIMONMED IMAGING Employer Reviews

ok
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 27, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: over worked, under paid and appreciated.
Over worked
New scanners
Management unskilled
Co workers ok
Un-necessary stressed from front office mistakes
Helping patients getting exams done.
most backstabbing lack of teamwork place ever
mri tech (Current Employee), californiaJuly 28, 2014
nobody works together everybody backstabs management wont call all they do is text or email no unity no teamwork co-workers whisper and talk behind your back terrible place to work The DR.s complain about doing there job and making 5000 week. No regards for patient care if you do they want to shuttle patients through like cattle
Unrecognized, degraded, NO friendly mannerisms--THIS PLACE STINKS
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 3, 2014
Cons: constant negative remarks, work unrecognized, errors magnified yet contributed by their poor training
This is a fast pace environment which is a typical days work for any imaging center yet this place makes it seem like the impossible with hurdles of the unthinkable. Highly recommend others to NOT apply working for this FL Inc. as it seems to be run poorly by management; flipping employees every 5 weeks ( whatever happen to 90 days? ) Flipping you and – more... calling you worthless since day 1...questioning your credentials as if sitting at the test center watching you cheat your way through life--how is that possible? Management needs to be replaced! Stop breaking your employees as if they are working on a farm! The worst place I ever worked for and although, I new it since day 1 --times are hard and we all need to work but this place isn't worth your time! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED--STAY AWAY--Try working in another state before accepting work with this place! – less
Worthless
Admin (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 18, 2014
Cons: see my review
A typical day at SimonMed consists of a ridiculous amount of work with no staff to back it up.

Upper management constantly has more work for every department, yet they are constantly laying people off and hiring new people for cheaper wages. The typical American Corporation.

The applications are a joke. If there isn't an outage, there is an application – more... they expect everyone to use with no training... oh, and I forgot to mention that the applications never work. Error messages all the time. Makes jobs nearly impossible for the expectations.

When you have your interview in the beginning they make sure to mention that "yearly review" or "there is lot's of room for growth in the company". Lies. All lies. This company plays favorites with specific people, people that they will never get rid of, who keep getting raises for obscene positions that make no sense.

While employed there I took on many different roles and responsibilities. When the time came for my yearly review, I had gotten another job opportunity. I was told they would never match what I was going to get paid. (side note, it wasn't much more than I was already making).

I would never go back to SimonMed. They don't respect the employees they have. The benefits are terrible. They have no incentives for the ridiculous amount of work they expect people to do. No yearly bonuses. No christmas bonuses. Only VERY MAJOR holidays off.

Beware of SimonMed. – less
Fast paced environment
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 7, 2014
Busy daily schedules to keep up with, nice front desk staff to help work efficiently
Corporate take over had rough start back in 2011.
Mammographer (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Transitioning from Drew Medical to Simonmed was rough to say the least. I was a part time tech. Which was phased out and a pool tech position was put in place.
Productive work environment
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 14, 2013
Very hands on work environment. Enjoy all employees I work with including the environment.
n/a
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 8, 2013
oppurtunity for advancement within the company, many locations in Az and nationwide to choose from.
unpredictable
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Very uncomfortable work enviroment. Managment changed on almost a monthly basis. No job security at all.
Fun place to work with opportunity to advance
Patient service specialist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: pto benefits
Friendly techs and friendly staff all over the company. They treat you like family whether you are a staff member or a patient. I have paid time off and they have always worked with me on my scheduling even when I was in school.
DONT WORK AT SIMONMED UNLESS YOU'RE DESPERATE
Scheduler (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 20, 2013
Pros: it's a job until something else if found
Cons: no leadership, poor employee values
The only ones that get paid well at SimonMed are the Doctors. The owner wants to set up a pension plan for the Drs. only and exclude the other employees. Just an overview, not purpose of this review.

Long hours, high management turnover, and low pay. Ownership is undecisive and fragmented, not to mention there is very very poor communication within – more... the company. Employees aren't treated well and health insurance is awful if you hav a family. I've never seen such a rotten insurance plan until coming here. – less
Services provided to patients are outstanding but stability and longevity to employees are weak.
PHYSICIAN SERVICES (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: high salary level
Cons: unstable in new market areas.
I enjoyed doing my work as Physician Liaison and helping the patients of my community with a high standard of health care.
This company is strong in the Phoenix area and could have grown in Tucson, had we received the owner's support for another year.
The company began depleting our modalities and services in order to send them to other areas in Florida, – more... California and Nevada. – less
...
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: ...
The people who work for simon med are good people

The company needs to be restructured
Not a company to stay with long term
Imaging (Former Employee), AzFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: weekends and holidays off
Cons: no opportunities for advancement, some poor management, expensive benefits, no raises, poor communication, extremely profit driven
I was with Simonmed for several years. This company is very focused on profit. Employees do not receive annual reviews or raises. Simonmed does offer health benefits at a decent rate to employees, but it is very expensive to insure family members. There is little to no opportunity for career advancement. I worked with many people that were skilled, – more... nice, and did a wonderful job (all were definitely deserving of raises..none ever received one). A majority of those employed by Simonmed are dissatisfied with how they are treated by management and the company in general. The overall office moral is low and generally negative. Simonmed could be a wonderful place to work and most likely improve patient satisfaction if they valued their employees more. Happy employees create a better patient experience. It's not the absolute worst place to work, but far from the best. I recommend it only as a place to work while you are looking for another job. – less
Learned medical with front desk was made fun with co workers
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: getting to learn
Cons: health care benifits were not great at all
This employer has a huge turn around in management, but with the team I had I was able to learn front desk in a medical side without any medical experience at all. The most dificult part was learning all the medical terminology that was used in medical reports that Dr would require.
the worst company i have ever worked for
mri tech (Former Employee), floridaFebruary 5, 2013
middle management heavy, they treat professional technologists like dirt, every memo they send out ends with a threat, very very negative; micro manage everything; I doubt they will last in florida long they way they run things.
Run away from this company
current employee (Current Employee), hopefully will have new job soonDecember 29, 2012
Pros: none anymore
Cons: less vacation than promised, having to buy new scrubs, no job security
Was hired almost 5 yrs ago with a good outlook on vacation and raises. No employee is safe, depending on managers mood that day.Have not had even a cost of living raise and the promised vacation was lessened about 30-40%. Blue and green scrubs were always ok. Now have to purchase all new scrubs without company help and they want us to embroider their – more... logo on our scrubs even tho they are not paying a dime. Look at the current news where policemen are fighting for a rebate on their new required uniforms. They want us to spend more money, without any cost of living, less vacation and no job security. – less
A company that I learned a lot at but not one for career growth.
Outside Sales/ Marketing (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2012
Pros: outside sales
Cons: hot summers
My responsibilities were meeting with referral coordinators, doctors, medical assistants, and office managers. I was responsible for maintain and growing the territory of Mesa and Tempe. I did this through visiting 15-20 physician offices per day.

The greatest challenge for this position is getting referring offices to switch their preference using – more... a competitor to using me for their radiology services.

The most enjoyable part for this job was the ability to have face to face interaction on a daily basis. – less
Pre-Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2012
productive, great work eviroment, friendly and professional people, management was helpful and very professional
Horrid!!!!!
Front Office Representative (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLOctober 18, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: to many to list
As SimonMed bought Drew Medical in Fl in April 2012, I was one of the few of the former Drew team that remained. I worked for Drew for 5 yrs prior to the buy out and was totally in love with my patients, career and those I worked with. By the time they were done, they got rid of amazing quality people that had worked solidly there for yrs. They brought – more... in others which I had to train, though if they hadn't had a firing frenzy I wouldn't have had to. I was belittled by the marketing manager more than a few times. All while still receiving positive customer compliments. Somehow, due to so called "budget cuts" I was relieved of my duties. Though someone else is already sitting in the desk I sat at for 5 1/2 yrs. Management never complimented and my checks even though all hours accounted for, where never correct and I had to call HR all the time. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT I WOULD NOT EVER WORK FOR OR HAVE ANY DIAGNOSITIC IMAGING DONE . There is a VERY slow turn around time in FL for the Dr that refer to even get the reports in time and with the new RIS system it is even worse. My area DR's where constantly complaining. I had hardly any complaints when it was DREW. – less