SIMONMED IMAGING Employee Reviews

Great Company, but not all advance
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 5, 2016
After 2 years of working at Simonmed, I saw other people advance even if they arrived after I did. An explanation was never given, neither any issues with my performance were brought to my attention.

I suspect favoritism. It is, however, possible that there was a flaw in my performance, but if there was such a thing, I was never informed or corrected.

Otherwise, it was a great company to work for.
New Management
Front Office Lead/PTR (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 31, 2016
I really liked this job until they got new management. I felt like our old manager was a team player and cared about her employees, where as the new manager was all about the power. I feel if we had never changed management I still might be there. They are not really good about compensating their employees, you have to basically beg for a raise. I did however learn a lot there because of my manager. She was training me to be a supervisor and I did get to become the lead of the front desk. I got better communication skills out of this job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
bad pay
One of the worst places
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
When I started at SimonMed, I was still breastfeeding my son, I knew that I would need to pump and I immediately asked management where I could go to pump. I was told that I would have to go into the bathroom. I explained how legally I was to be provided a clean, lockable, windowless, private room to pump with electricity, and a place to store my pumped milk. It took them a month and a half to find me a place, and only after I advised the management of the temporary agency that I could sue them. Additionally, I was treated poorly by management, the training was sub par and the ethics of SimonMed are very questionable.
This company is one of the worst I have ever worked for. I saw a manager have a screaming match with someone she had just fired, it was done in front of patients and other employees.
I sat in an area where the prior authorization team works, they were trained to call the medical insurances and lie to them about the patients condition to obtain the prior authorization. The equipment is often broken for days on end. I would never go back there, even if they were the last radiology center on the planet.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
everything
Decent Workplace
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Metro Center Location , Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
SimonMed has many good points. They have been there for me since day one. The management is fun and personable. There is plenty of room for improvement. But there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Good hours and opp for overtime
Cons
Not much room for advancement regardless of experience and professionalism
Fast paced workplace
Staff Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 11, 2016
Super fast paced office with great technologists and radiologists. Staff is concerned with patient care and making sure the best images are obtained.
Up and coming
Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
There is never a dull moment. Very fast paced. Not for someone who likes to sit & read at work. Great coworkers. OT opportunities.
Pros
Fast Pace! Pay!
Cons
Could use better communication with corporate
Employment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 12, 2016
When I first started working for this company, they were very promising and very kind people. As my work experience progressed, you begin to see the behind the scenes of the work environment, which is not very professional. They hire many on call positions to save on money and are very selective, as to who, they will make full time employees. The full time staff is typically the favored employees, regardless of experience, education, and knowledge, and are drama seekers. So, as you can gather, you are either in with a "click," per say, or your job security, is not very secure.
Cons
No Stability.
Great team that works well together
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
An excellent place to work. The management team here is extremely successful with maintaining an comfortable culture and work environment.
current employee in a bottomless pit
Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 3, 2016
I will be here a year ,and by far this place is a nightmare. Working every day in fear that your going to get an email bomb from all the Management if something isnt done correctly or on time. And to be sitting on pins and needles every day watching email for a warning and threat of loosing your job if "quota" isnt met. A quota no one was ever told of , or new acknowledgements of everything ..i acknowledge i put in the patients demo, i acknowledge i didnt type in CAPS (yes this one is true too) i acknowledge i got this acknowledge, even one for breaks and restroom and even one that you acknowledge you read your emails 10xs a day...seriously ridiculous. but the upper management bullying is the big one..seriously if your arent being paid the big bucks you are treated like scum, and the constant cursing , or badmouthing all other depts yet be best friends like nothing was said. the pay is sort of nice but still for that amount and to deal with the stupid daily stuff isnt even worth it.. i recommend you dont work here and if you do have a stress ball or a blog to vent in cause everyone will be your best friend but you walk out the door all the chit chat starts let alone the employees sharing all the private information ona patients visit...yes that bad..then they share with other locations... this place is more of money then actually being there to help those who need help.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, shifts, ethics, benefits, everything else ...bad all together.
Most Unprofessional Experience Ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 9, 2016
If you enjoy lots of drama, written and verbal screaming threats, misdirected and ambiguous emails that create more email threats when you do not respond immediately, then you will love SimonMed.

During my time as a Site Manager, they failed to pay their bills, had no postage, no spare light bulbs, lost crucial medical images and forced me to cut staff 25% "or else" two weeks after I began work.

After demanding that I reduce staff time for examinations each week by closing off scheduled daily hours, I was screamed at yet again for doing what they requested be done "because I didn't let them know" despite the fact they saw I had changed the schedule as directed.

The air conditioning filters and emergency lighting batteries had not been replaced in over three years before I replaced them myself.

With no discussion, one day they fired all the insurance verification specialists and as a result were unable to get coverage for advanced imaging procedures losing money and valuable time in the process.

It was a most unprofessional experience in every way possible.
Pros
No Longer There
Cons
Complete Disconnect from Reality, Petty Gossip, Screaming
Terrible Work Environment!
Registered Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 6, 2016
I have worked in my field for over 18 years across the U.S. and many places. I have NEVER seen a place that has such disregard for the importance to treat their employees respectfully. Have zero consideration to give their employees proper time to devote to their patients by overbooking patients, allowing parients to arrive late without proper exam preparation instructions, much less allow their technologist their LEGAL RIGHT TO A LUNCH BREAK. It is an abusive environment and hadly worth the minimal pay increase compared to other facilities. Management is not helpful. Front desk staff is also over abused and unable to provide assistance themselves especially when most do not have the proper information as to what exactly is involved in regards to the parients exams. I worked here due to a lack of other opportunities in Central Florida, which is already the most under paid, over populated market in my field. I would never be able to recommend anyone to work for this company, and feel sorry for new graduates who come here because they have no other options.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING!!
Stay away
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2016
I have been in the Radiology field for over 20 years and have NEVER worked at a company like this. They do not schedule lunches for their employees. Overbook exams in invisible time slots. Allow patients to arrive 2-5 hours late and expect their employees to work them back in the schedule. Worked late on a daily basis and was never even told thank you. This company does not care about their employees or family life. You are to be a robot. Management will blatantly lie to your face about anything as long as you do the exam. They have no regards for your credentials and the hard work that you put in to earn them. They will ask you to do exams without prescriptions on equipment that is out of date or should be down for service. The pay is good for this area but they have to pay more to keep employees there. Life is too short to be miserable working at this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
My short internship
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 25, 2015
Was the best place I could intern at. I highly recommend interning here. The facility is state of the art. The staff were incredibly kind and helpful in my learning process and wished me the best of luck in my future career as an Radiologic Techologist.
SMI is horrible
Registered MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 23, 2015
Worked 7 years for this co. All out in AZ where they originate from.
Horrible pay, managers, directors. YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK FOR THEM
Pros
Cons
everything
Healthcare sweatshop
technologist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 22, 2015
Routinely overbooked schedules such as 3 patients in a single time slot and or shortened exam times. Expected to stay late daily if needed without bring recognized or appreciated. Poor communication with management. Little to no training when new computer programs and expectations are rolled out. Old out dated equipment with multiple failures. Management a joke, only worries about money and patient numbers. No raises, no matching for retirement and sad PTO accrual rate 4.5 hours every 2 weeks. There is a new incentive bonus nearly impossible to get mine was under $20, what a joke. Many employees very friendly and just trying to do their best in an impossible situation.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
No raises, overbooked schedule, hectic environment
Cruel and harsh management
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2015
Simonmed is a slave driver and also Violates the AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT in regard to their employees. I was terminated due to a medical treatment which had no bearing on my ability to perform the job.
In addition, my supervisor who worked extremely hard on building a team was treated so poorly i could not believe it.
Horrible, run don't walk away from these brutes.
Unprofessional,unfriendly,cold workplace
billing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2015
If you are thinking of working at Simonmed..DON'T..
The company is poorly managed and most of the people are backstabbing and unwilling to help you.
Worst place ever...
Pros
pay
Cons
hours, comute, poorly run management, unprofessional, cold
customer service/labeler/Date Entry (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Simonmed Imaging is a great place to work the people are great they are very helpful, the environment is very clean and very comfortable.

The work load is very good and it gives you the chance to learn something different each day at work
Great company to work for.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Working for SimonMed has allowed me to develop my skills while learning new ones and expanding my knowledge. Coworkers and management are supportive, encouraging and flexible.
Terrible company
TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  AZSeptember 2, 2015
Been in imaging for a long time worked for multiple companies this is the worst company I have ever worked for. They manage by fear and bullying people. Make promises they don't keep. You get .25 of OT and they have a heart attack its ridiculous. Extreme unrealistic expectations .
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIMONMED IMAGING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4