Simonton Windows Employee Reviews

Management versus Labor
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVDecember 7, 2017
A total lack of vision. The push on labor for improving efficiency stifles all semblance of cooperation between management and the workers. Not a place I would recommend starting or continuing a career at.
Pros
nice parking lots
Cons
total lack of vision
did not like the people there
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVNovember 14, 2017
The job itself was ok it was very fast pasted, i did not like the people there they liked to get other people in trouble if it benefited them. you had to be very careful. i did learn a lot on how to run a corner cleaner and a lot of other things. The management was very poor they was only out for them selves. The culture was ok. the most enjoyable part of my job was my breaks and lunch times
Pros
good pay and good benefits
Cons
bad people
Quick paced yet other employees look out for u and help
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 22, 2017
Overall is a good place to work..Better than most in the area by far however, Like any job, there's plenty of room for improvement by management and listening to employees needs and opinions
Company was sold I think
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILOctober 9, 2017
Why do I have to write a review for a company that was sold several years ago. This is a real headache to write reviews on companies I worked at so long ago. Simonton was ok but management was pretty different.
Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVOctober 9, 2017
this is one of my first job that I worked on a production line and it was good, it taught me to work with people and that's very important moving for this will help me in the future,
Bend Over
Operator (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILSeptember 3, 2017
Horrible Management, literally bust your butt all day long and get paid nothing less than 400 a week usually, management is inconsistent and majority of management has no idea what really happens on the floor let alone how to run their own line! frustrating and absolutely not worth the pay
Na
Loader (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVAugust 24, 2017
It is a very nice place to work with good benifits and nice bosses. I would most defnitly recomend this work place to other people....................
Productive and fun work place
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKAugust 21, 2017
Assemble products from raw materials from Vinyl and glass Safety First material safety data sheet certified butyl machine and Argon gas infused windows
The people are nice and good place to work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 23, 2017
The salary is too low for this area. There is no overtime at all and you don't always get 40 hours a week. Job was not hard but fast paced. We always cleaned up after working. It was hot in plant.
Pros
They gave us some free lunches and water bottles.
Cons
Too low of pay.
Starting pay is too low
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 16, 2017
Simonton is an alright job. The experience of handmaking windows is really nifty. The biggest downside to Simonton is its low pay rate for hourly employees. It's definitely a fair wage, but not for the amount of hands on work that is required
Pros
Long breaks, good benefits
Cons
Biweekly pay, potentially hazardous environment
Productive and fun working with the employees.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 22, 2017
Simonton windows did a lot for me it helped me provide for my family. My group lead had his favorites and I was not one of them. I worked my tail off and he treated me like garbage and talked down on me to everyone.
Pros
Free lunches every 30days with no accident
Cons
12 hours everyday without rotating
Illegal working conditions.
Production worker. (Current Employee) –  Ellenboro, NCJune 21, 2017
How many oversized windows is 1 person capable of picking up with their lower back in a twisting jerking motion, well you are gonna find out at Simonton, it is incredible that these people are still allowed to conduct business.
Lacks quality and care for its employees and its products. Even tho they claim its a high priority
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 16, 2017
Simonton windows and doors claims professionalism is one of its main values. However there is little to none on the floor or in management. I also found that while they claime quality is there priority there was little effort to ensure quality unless there was quality management on that line at that time. I also found that production was always over quality even tho they claim it wasn't. It always was. I would not suggest there products or there employment to anyone unless absolutely needed.
Pros
Cons
Many
Used to be a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVJune 13, 2017
When I first started there it was a place to work that cared about there employees. The longer I worked there it became more about the upper management and not about the people actually doing the work.
Good work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2017
I enjoy the work environment and my coworkers. A typical day provides me with challenging assignments and projects. The management is nice and pleasant.
very ambitious
Door Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 15, 2017
i love the work atmosphere. i am a hustler when it comes to the task at hand and always find the most efficient way to perform my duty. i take directions very well and complete all task asked of me
Pros
motivated to do my best
Cons
hate when there is no work to do
family oriented
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 6, 2017
Simonton is the best company i have ever worked for! We are one big family and have so much support from one another. I love it here! I can see myself here for years to come!
Quality Tech
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there and I miss working there. They had very good people there to work with. It was very challenging. I am very sorry that they shut the plant down in McAlester.
Good place to work for a start up company
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJanuary 15, 2017
I have worked here now almost 6-years..The company has had 3-different plant managers.Everything here each day evolves around production and TPU.Safety is also a concern here which is good.I have to say I have never worked at a place that the workers are very dedicated to the company.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
during slow months hard to get 40 hours per week pay.
Poductive place of employment.
Tempering Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVDecember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Friendly team based environment for a person seeking employment. Great for learning something new every day. Productive work environment for employees.