Simonton Windows Employee Reviews

terrible
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVAugust 15, 2016
Working at Simonton was terrible. The management was scattered and the production lines where poorly created. My supervisor spent more time in the A.C instead of helping the line when short handed. The equipment constantly breaks down and is hard to maintaina good pace to finish day to day orders
Poductive place of employment.
Tempering Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVDecember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Friendly team based environment for a person seeking employment. Great for learning something new every day. Productive work environment for employees.
Good place
Window repair (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILDecember 15, 2016
Simonton Windows is not perfect no job is perfect they have there pros and cons but overall there is a wonderful environment when your there and the coworkers couldn't ask for better one's
Pros
Good money
Cons
6 days a week
learn about factory work
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILDecember 15, 2016
sent my paycheck to the wrong bank account everybody seemed to always be in a bad mood no air conditioning breathed in glass dust but learned how to work in a factory
Pros
learned about facotries
Cons
bad pay
Quality Tech
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there and I miss working there. They had very good people there to work with. It was very challenging. I am very sorry that they shut the plant down in McAlester.
fun and good work
Prediction (Former Employee) –  pensborro wvOctober 7, 2016
Prediction worker cleaing windows putting locks n and working with and around the machine you also work around vinal and you also scan and send the Windows off to be made
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
non
not a bad place
vista frames (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILMay 3, 2016
I liked the job and was about to be sined on full time before my 90 days for having good job performance & keeping up with the veteran employees. When i went into Faith McCannys office the (employment plus staffing manger ) and she terminated me for falsification on a past surgery. I tried explaining the scare she was referring to was due to a surgery and that Ive never undergone one in my past. Not long after i was called by simoton for a full time offer through them. I would have loved to take them up on it. By then id already left the state
Pros
good place to work
Cons
employment plus
Productive and good place to work. A lot of people have longivity and they all work together.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Simonton was like a family to me after working there for 9 years in California. The teams work together as a whole. The employees are very caring and almost all have been there for a long term.
I was sad to leave Simonton Windows. My husband chose to transfer with his company to Kentucky.
Pros
A lot of good people to work with. Good benefits and bonus program and free lunches!
Cons
Not any that I can think of other than not being here in KY.
Safety, Production, Speed
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVNovember 16, 2012
Be safe, make as much as you have to and do it right and as fast as humanly possible.
I learned to make sure I did my job before I helped somebody else do theirs.
Our supervisors and group leaders tried to make the best of everyday even with production interrupted by machines breaking down and slowing production.
There were some very nice people there but for the most part everybody was normal with a few bad apples here an there.
I'd say the hardest part of the job was waiting for machines to be repaired or fixed. Some were very complicated so we had a lot of downtime which in turn required us to work overtime to finish. Other than that the shift I worked was from 7pm to 7am so I was reversed from most everybody on days and that was really hard to deal with.
I got to say getting off work was the best part.
Cons
low pay no raises increasing health care and out of earning payments
Drifting from Caring Family to Typical Corporate Company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVMarch 30, 2016
A decent company to work for, but very loose in it's strutcture of management. Inconsistent leadership and bias rule the day.
Worst company to work for!
Super Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 6, 2014
no opportunities for advancement and management is a complete joke. There is HR on sight but they barely know the laws in California. This company almost operates like a fly by night company. I would only work here if I couldn't get a job in fast food or retail. The pay is decent but all money isn't good money. Avoid Simonton if you can!!!
Pros
Local company
Fast paced
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVApril 17, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. Could use a moral boost. It's fast paced, so you can't come in and expect to stand around doing nothing. Lots of people come and go.
loved working there an regret getting terminated
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILMay 13, 2012
i made some mistakes with my now ex husband he was the reason i was absent an fired.
Pros
loved learning several jobs
Cons
they lowered their benefits after being bought out
Productive and Enjoyable
Group Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAAugust 19, 2014
For me a typical day was productive and enjoyable. I learned how to cut and assemble good quality aluminum storm windows and doors. The management was always available and helpful when needed. My co-workers were hardworking, loyal, and good spirited. The hardest part of the job was keeping the frames from getting scratched. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and seeing the final production count at the end of the day.
Pros
Hands on learning, fun and challenging.
Cons
Lyons plant shut down.
Superior Window Manufacturing
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVJune 23, 2013
A large factory of workers that come together to make all the components of a large volume of windows daily. Job rotation gets everyone experience in a number of stations in the production process. We work safely and effectively to meet quotas and production. Our motto is, "Quality. On Time. Complete."
Pros
good hours, good benefits
Cons
discrepancies between the amount of work each individual has day to day
sweat shop
Assembly line window/door builder (Former Employee) –  elenboroMay 1, 2015
you work hard for nothing and nobody appreciate your work. it is a sweat shop. don't go to work for this company. I hated it there are drugs all over the place all the time. an employee even overdosed in the bathroom while i was there.
Great people and wonderful benefits
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2013
Great company that supports the team-building.
Business is growing and customers are great.
Co-workers are great and very supportive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good pay,friendly environment
Frame welder/builder (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 21, 2014
Always something to do even on downtime.
Most people were team players.
Was always hot on the job but was a good source of exercise.
Pros
Good pay, long lunch
Cons
sometimes long hours which kept me from my kids
Acceptable employer
Quality Control Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 22, 2013
Simonton Windows is an acceptable employer. The employees were good, the factory was clean and a good work environment, but there were too many managers overseeing the daily production.

I left this position for a better paying position.
Pros
The employees and benefits
Cons
The number of managers
productive, fun workplace
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 29, 2014
shifts were twelve hours long, and consisted of building windows and glass. checking consistently for defects all the way to the wrapping process. pay and hours were great and the team worked hard. proper PPE was a must dealing with glass.
Pros
great pay, benefits
Cons
company closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simonton Windows. Our community is ready to answer.

90%