PHP / PYTHON DEVELOPER
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, please email jobs at simplehelix.com.
The PHP / Python developer programs software applications that will be used by internal and external customers. Responsible for writing elegant software code that is delivered on time and with quality. Participates and contributes throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop new web-based applications
- Balancing a variety of concurrent projects while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrating attention to detail while implementing technical specifications
- Strong technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Strong analytical and design skills.
- Strong skills in research, project planning and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance, debugging practices and source control systems.
- Ability to understand business issues as they impact the software development project.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced PC skills and strong web server administration skills.
- Typically requires 18 months to three years of experience in software development.
- Proven hands on experience working in a LAMP environment
- Ability to define and communicate a technical vision, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and application design and the ability to apply them to Python or PHP projects
- Experience working with MVC web frameworks (Django preferred)
- Experience with version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Ability to follow established coding styles (such as PEP 8 for Python or Zend for PHP)
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design and optimization
- Comfortable using Linux / Unix command line
- Able to write valid, semantic HTML / CSS
- Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks, and programming languages as necessary
- Technical problem-solving skills, ability to succeed in a fast-moving high-demand environment, and a willingness to "roll up your sleeves" when necessary
- Documentation all development work.
- Researches and understands the business and software requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues.
- Researches new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
To submit your resume, please email jobs at simplehelix.com.