SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employer Reviews

Info Tech Department is good to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 401k match to 6% of salary
I worked at Tyco SimplexGrinnell in the IT Department. My Manager of a little over 2 years was great to work for. I last reported to a ePMO director who was also very good to work for. They each supported my efforts.

Overall, the SimplexGrinnell IT department is understaffed and overworked. If you work there you have plenty to keep you busy.
Over complicated work processes/electronic devices never synced properly.
Field Technician/Inspector (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: company car/ good wage ( with prevailing wage jobs)
Cons: excessive work load, sent to job sites by yourself, no assistant to help with equipment.
Excessive work load, un-organized work schedule, One job would be in Painted Post, NY in the morning, next job would be in Halstead PA in the afternoon. Often had 7/8 hours in by the time I arrived to the 2nd job.I had two large hotels in one day plus fire extinguisher inspections as well. A lot of work was to be done at home on your own time without – more... pay, for example, LMS required online courses. No breaks or lunches were almost an everyday occurrence. The company car maintenance was also to be done on your own time. Huge turnover, 10 people were let go during the 10 months I was employed there. You also had to constantly prod the office for required job numbers, locations, what was needed to be inspected at every job assigned to you. Could of been a better experience with some different procedures. – less
Company is going downhill for the employees
Preventative Maintenance Agreement Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: good 401k
Cons: keep piling on until the employee breaks
This used to be a great company but quickly went downhill. They pile on more and more until the employees snap.
Good company providing a great product.
Suppression System Sales Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
Pros: good people, product
Cons: comp plan is a bit lagging.
Each day is different. your day can consist of Site surveys, meetings with potential clients and writing proposals.
Great comp.
Test and Inspector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits and comp. car
Cons: hard to learn
I loved everyday i went to work, great pay, easy work, comp. car and OT
the hardest part of the job was training
Simplex
Fire Alarm Inspector (Former Employee), â€˜Aiea, HIMay 22, 2014
Test fire alarms in hotels and other places work with fire chief and team work in Aiea is to laugh at.
A productive work place , good place to work
Technician (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 9, 2014
Good place to work, good training,
good co_co workers
the hardest part of job was going to remote locations
loved my job
Dispatcher for Central Station (They relocated CO) (Former Employee), Gardner, MAMay 9, 2014
Pros: i could ansewer 500 to 600 calls a day
Cons: i talked fast
really cant say much but I was in a call center for simplex, I got along with everyone management was great would probable still be there but the moved to CO and was not willing to move cross country.
Mixed review
Service Integrity Representative (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great resources, benefits
Cons: commute
I loved working here, until the two offices were merged and moved. In the new location, the management was very disconnected from employees and customers. They (mgt) had 'lost' their focus on long term relationships with the customer - more interested in the immediate dollars rather than building relationships.
I miss my co-workers.
I loved working for Simplex Grinnell. It was challenging and I was constantly learning new products and skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2014
A typical day at work would be:

* Communication with internal departments, co-workers and Clients
* Cold calling
* I learned about fire hazards and life safety
* My co-workers were enthusiastic and empowering
* The hardest part of my job was finding new opportunities in a down-market
* The most enjoyable part of my job was the contact with my clients.
Great benefits
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Harriman, NYApril 24, 2014
Great company to work with

Close to home

Company car

People are great
Great employees to work with who cared about life safety. Senior management is disconnected and seems to be focused only on revenue
Technician (Former Employee), East Berlin, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: being able to help others stay safe. good pay and benefits. awesome 401k
Cons: yearly (or almost yearly) "reductions in force" (layoffs)
The company is full of hard working people dedicated to life safety. Unfortunately the company and senior management seems to put revenue above all else. Although I certainly understand the importance of revenue, many times long time, dedicated, hard working employees were let go in the interest of positive cash flow.
Hard working group of people
Administrative - SimplexGrinnell (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 16, 2014
Training left some to be desired however, the office personnel were a great group of people.
Great company to work for.
Service Sales Secretary (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: distance from my house
Enjoyed working for SimplexGrinnell. Enjoyed the guys I had to work with. Got along well with everyone there. Great company!!
large company - several opportunities
National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), houston, txApril 9, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: pay scale
through the course of 18 years - was able to work in all departments and have a fantastic working knowledge of whole company - service scheduling, installation of fire alarm and sprinkler systems - contract management and also serving district manager - fantastic group of professionals and stull continue relationship
Good benefits
Accounts Receivable Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Westminster, MAMarch 13, 2014
good benefits, room for advancement......................................
who you know not what you know
Contract Administrator/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great 401k plan
Cons: friends hiring friends
I worked here for 5 years. Co-workers were ok. The most enjoyable part of this job was having a happy customer and solving AP problems. A few things need to change in Management. Overall I enjoyed working with my Supervisor.
Business Adminstration and more
Administrator (Former Employee), SimplesGrinnell, West Chester, Ohio 45069February 23, 2014
Pros: major company benifits, healthcare, 401 k
Cons: no advancement opportunities
I wear many hats in my current position at SimplexGrinnell. Starting with first line support to our sales team, reviewing contract terms and conditions and negotiating the terms and conditions with customer. Also providing overview to cost of doing business vs RVI.

I am executive assistant to the District General Manager and manage overall customer – more... invoicing cash flow. Manage disputed invoicing and collections.
I also am acting business manager with added responsibilities of processing bond requests, company vehicle program, company cell phones and issue certificate of insurance policies to customers as required. I also manage inhouse HR duties, onboarding new hires as well as assisting employees with HR issues.

I have over 40 years of business management experience and great integrity to share. My legacy is to make a difference in the lives of those who I can lead and teach to be better at their jobs and lives. – less
Best 6 years of my life
Senior Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: saving lives
I loved working for this company. I received great training and met great friends. Also the feeling of saving lives is pretty indescribable, and having the opportunity to do so is also a very great feeling of pride and a sense of responsibility to your customers and their businesses.
good people
Installer Helper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good people, job locations
Cons: they had to let helpers go due to slow work load
I enjoyed working here and wish they still had work for me. I got to work with my Father allot. I learn't allot about electrical work and fire alarms. I really enjoyed it.

1 2 3 4 5

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more