SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews

A fulfilling place to work, knowing that the equipment that is being installed will help keep the occupants safe.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJuly 25, 2015
Pros: pay & benefits acceptable
Cons: very little job security
Full days of phone & computer work, caring for customer needs & schedules. See to the filing of orders & tracking shipments of equipment. Working with a lot of red tape & politics within the company & from the outside.
Large Corporate Company
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Harriman, NYJuly 25, 2015
Large Corporate Company, over worked under paid. Love my fellow coworkers. Day goes quick, always busy. Benefits are not as great as when I first started. Salaries increases are to few and far in between.
fast pace busy always somthing to do day went by fast
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: never a dull moment when someone left the company you were given extra work
Cons: Sometimes the management did not give you credit for all you did they wanted more.
Very busy loved working with the customers had many friends at work, Company was a good place to work received bonuses every 3 months of $1,000 per gift.
learned good skills and worked with fun people
Sprinkler Fitter Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 5, 2015
A typical day included installing and testing fire sprinkler and safety systems. I learned a great deal of fire safety and how to operate and install fire safety panels. My coworkers were very informative and easy going. I never met management since it was just a summer job.
unorganized company with no training
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 5, 2015
No training for new hires. Sink or swim company. They get rid of the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Management was okay, but no communication in the office. Everyone was always on different pages.
Construction word....Corporate world...Safety
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great management, hands off
Cons: The temp to hire process is too long, they use Windows XP, unorganized
SimplexGrinnell is a wonderful place to create your lifelong career. Amazing and supportive management. Not much to look at in the office. Think of an industrial parkway. We are all about safety and numbers.
Life Safety
Contract Admin /National Account Coordinator (Former Employee), HarahanJune 4, 2015
Pros: Knowledge gained
I learned something new every day. I never realized how often our day to day lives come in contact with Life Safety Systems before working for SG.
Very Corporate Driven Company
Operations / Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2015
Pros: Working with a great team
Cons: Doing more with less
Have been with the company for over 10 years, really enjoy my team that I work with, keeps work life fun and interesting. We are a very corporate driven company and I am truly concerned about our customers as we move forward, we seem to be loosing that focus.
Fast Paced and Customer Focused
Project Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 28, 2015
Fast paced work in a customer focused environment. A new challenge every day and a great team to help you along your way. Remote office close to SimplexGrinnell HQ.
A decent company
Fire alarm inspector / technician (Current Employee), East Berlin, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: New site every day, field guys are awesome
Cons: MANAGMENT
Simplex Grinnell was a great company. Your typical day starts out with meeting someone and working as a pair to do a fire alarm inspection. You will learn a lot about fire alarm panels and how to take them down and work on it. the biggest downfall to this company is management. They are the worst i dunno if its lack of knowledge or the fact that they don't want to speak up afraid of punishment i dont know. The best part about this company are your co-workers. They will always help you and go above and beyond. The fellas here are like a family and even though they are not vauled as much as they should be there kinda the reason its hard to move on.
Rewarding job
Dispatcher/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Westminster, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Training was very detailed and not rushed.
Cons: No cons.
Sign on to your assigned computer and monitor a buffer screen to dispatch emergency services as needed. I learned the different laws for dispatching in certain states. Management was nice and fair. My co-workers were very helpful with training questions and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was hurricane season, but even that was not bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Good benefits and pay
Service Request Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, MAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay, 401k and vacation time
Cons: Stress
If you are not "teacher's pet", back stabber or two faced, you don't stand a chance. A lot of good people written up and or terminated due to this.
Great Corporate Place
Sprinkler-Suppression Division Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: None
Big company that really had it together. I probably should never have left. I just thought moving on at the time would be a good idea. Looking back I realize it was not.
Long-established company with a high reputation in the industry
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2015
Part of an international corporation (Tyco), with a presence in diverse, worldwide markets, SimplexGrinnell management has put the company on the path toward overall centralized services while focusing on technological industry leadership.
The employees are a relatively close-knit group with many long-time members. Those who leave remain in touch for many years.
A company with such a tall corporate structure must constantly metamorphose at ground level in order to effectively leverage its market position while remaining competitive in the marketplace. This sometimes leaves some employees with years of service behind.
Productive work schedule
Fitter (Former Employee), Fargo NDMarch 26, 2015
Hard work, some travel out to the oil fields of North Dakota. Long hours but well worth the time. Very physical work so make sure your in shape.
Good Place to work for but a very HARD place to work for. Better have thick skin
Sprinkler Systems Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good commission plan, 401k
Cons: management, micro managed, hr does not listen
Management rules for this company. Everybody else is just an employee #. If you are a good butt kisser and a company "yes man" then this is the place for you. Too many office and corporate politics to deal with. Management is not experienced in the trade.
Simplexgrinnell has been the best expierence of my career
Commercial Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Inspector (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Daily activities at SimplexGrinnell was the best. working with my co-workers and the knowledge they taught me was in-measureable hands on practice with countless fire alarm products has increased my confidence and knowledge base Working close with management has improved my understanding the industries policies and procedures and has improved my ability to work with every level of persons in the industry and how to deal with situations.
I enjoy every aspect of this industry.
Great Company
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: working interdependently
I was lucky to land in such a large company with so many good people, hope to see them again.
Days got long but you always felt like the customer was safer because of your inspection,always a good feeling.
Corporate America
Account Executive - System Sales Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: poor work lie balance
Your just a number - your trake record means nothing it is what are you going to do for us this year they thing things are the same in every state and try to cookie cutter a plan for sell etc
fast paced
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: learned a little bit.
Cons: see above
Pour management skills. Lack of communication. Did not see how this office made a profit. Unfriendly people.

I think this says it all.