SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell United States Employee Reviews

Great Corporate Place
Sprinkler-Suppression Division Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: None
Big company that really had it together. I probably should never have left. I just thought moving on at the time would be a good idea. Looking back I realize it was not.
Long-established company with a high reputation in the industry
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2015
Part of an international corporation (Tyco), with a presence in diverse, worldwide markets, SimplexGrinnell management has put the company on the path toward overall centralized services while focusing on technological industry leadership.
The employees are a relatively close-knit group with many long-time members. Those who leave remain in touch for many years.
A company with such a tall corporate structure must constantly metamorphose at ground level in order to effectively leverage its market position while remaining competitive in the marketplace. This sometimes leaves some employees with years of service behind.
Productive work schedule
Fitter (Former Employee), Fargo NDMarch 26, 2015
Hard work, some travel out to the oil fields of North Dakota. Long hours but well worth the time. Very physical work so make sure your in shape.
Good Place to work for but a very HARD place to work for. Better have thick skin
Sprinkler Systems Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good commission plan, 401k
Cons: management, micro managed, hr does not listen
Management rules for this company. Everybody else is just an employee #. If you are a good butt kisser and a company "yes man" then this is the place for you. Too many office and corporate politics to deal with. Management is not experienced in the trade.
Simplexgrinnell has been the best expierence of my career
Commercial Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Inspector (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Daily activities at SimplexGrinnell was the best. working with my co-workers and the knowledge they taught me was in-measureable hands on practice with countless fire alarm products has increased my confidence and knowledge base Working close with management has improved my understanding the industries policies and procedures and has improved my ability to work with every level of persons in the industry and how to deal with situations.
I enjoy every aspect of this industry.
Great Company
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: working interdependently
I was lucky to land in such a large company with so many good people, hope to see them again.
Days got long but you always felt like the customer was safer because of your inspection,always a good feeling.
Corporate America
Account Executive - System Sales Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: poor work lie balance
Your just a number - your trake record means nothing it is what are you going to do for us this year they thing things are the same in every state and try to cookie cutter a plan for sell etc
fast paced
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: learned a little bit.
Cons: see above
Pour management skills. Lack of communication. Did not see how this office made a profit. Unfriendly people.

I think this says it all.
decent place to work
fire and life safety inspector (Former Employee), east peoria ilFebruary 24, 2015
it was okay I didn't really enjoy the hours but overall ir was decent I would work there again if offered a position. I don't know why I'm filling this out I just wanted to post my resume but I guess I have to review my previous employers as well.
Good Benfits, Good Pay but lots of corporate
System Integrity Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: pay / time off / 401k
Cons: too much corporate
SimplexGrinnell did offer good vacation / Time off. It Paid well and matched 401K well. However I was layed off twice, and there is a lot of corporate mess.
love working on jobs to go to bid
Estimator/Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: set hours
Cons: trying to please everyone with the bid price.
working on getting a good price out to bid on a job was a good feeling. Also working with salesmen and field employees to get in put really helped the process.
Love working for this company very much.
Suppression Foreman (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day at work can consist of pulling parts, scheduling a project job, pulling permits and or helping out a fellow co-workers and customers. Managing many different projects.
I have had many opportunities to advance my career with this company. Many training classes available to learn. Management is just like any other big company. Just do your job and everything takes care of itself. I enjoy my co-workers very much. We are all different in our own way and that makes it fun. The hardest part of my job is the hours in the field as they vary from day to day. I enjoy all the outreach and community work that we do at work.
Productive and fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2014
I enjoy my Eck family. The company supports their employees and customers. I highly recommend doing business and working for the company.
Enjoyable work envirorment
Planned Maintenance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2014
Pros: love sales
Cons: pricing a major issue
Identifying prospecting new customers, develop conversion opportunities while conducting four to five face to face meetings with potential customers daily. I have learned the art of core selling and the importance of team work. The most enjoyable part of my job is no two days are alike, I could meet with high level engineers down to maintenance supervisors, Higher Ed board of directors to facility managers.
Financially Focused Organization
Employee (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 3, 2014
SimplexGrinnell is a large organization, with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Even though they provide life safety services, employees must remember first and foremost that the primary goal of the organization (straight from the mission statement!) is to "Show Value for Shareholders."
This means that the primary objective is to make money - not to protect life and property as one would expect.
Solid Company to work for
Service Resource Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Westminster, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: close to where i lived, excellent pay, and super manager to work for
Cons: healthcare costs
My supervisory role was extremely busy and very rewarding. I resolved daily issues brought to my attention by both district offices and my employees. I valued working with my team of employees...whatever they brought to my attention I would work to get answers for them. My manager was the best manager...I worked for him for approximately 9 years and I respected him very much.
Good place to work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: excellent support from team and management.
Cons: corporate enviroment.
Challenging and rewarding.
Clean comfortable work place.
Team, management and HR are excellent.
Fun place to work
Senior Programmer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: vehicle, cell phone, laptop
Cons: growth
Service the proprietary fire alarm system.
Fire alarm codes and regulations
Management is very professional and business oriented
Built a solid relationship with all of the technicians.
Hardest part was leaving the job.
I loved how we were like family in the office I had worked out of.
Good learning opportunity
Cash Applications Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to provide community services
Cons: minimal raises
I learned a lot about using computers to perform daily duties. I work with a great group of people who work well as a team.
Big Company thats fast paced
Inspector (Current Employee), Harriman, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: garenteed work
Cons: long hours, no encentive, poor compensation
I enjoy being an inspector. Its something new and challenging each day. I have learned a lot working for this company that I am truly grateful for. I am just looking for something more. More advancement and more of a family run style place where your work and experience is valued.

1 2 3 4 5

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more

SimplexGrinnell Salaries