Simply Mac

Simply Mac Employer Reviews

Easy to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDDecember 9, 2014
My co-workers were very easy-going and fun to work with. They always made me feel like I belonged on the team. Even when I was the brand new kid in the store, they never treated me like less than a friend.
Desperate Mismanaged Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), OregonJune 25, 2014
Pros: sells apple
Cons: everything
I worked for this company a period of 9 months as a store manager. I thought I'd found a great small company that valued it's team members and I could have a long rewarding career. Boy was I wrong. I should have known better because there were red flags starting from the get go when the VP forgot to show up for our interview 3 times.

Beyond that, pay was ridiculous. After consistently pulling 50 hour work weeks I made less than sales consultants. I averaged $8 an hour. The executive management team scrutinizes candidates for top talent then micromanages them. As a manager you'll spend most of your time cleaning up after the executives lack of planning and mis allocation of company funds. As a store manager I had absolutely no autonomy over my store. Every week you show up on a conference call and get asked "what do you need from us to become profitable" only to be invalidated and the subject swept under the carpet.

Management is desperate due to dismal sales company wide this leads to pushing, micromanaging and super low moral rolling down hill. In a month period several people quit due to inadequate wages that didn't meet the level of work required. Avoid this company at all costs unless you like to be treated like a kindergartner.

Once Simply Mac was bought out by game stop everything became even worse. 2/3 of the company managers received final coaching for under performance outside of their control. Unfortunately the company has a marketing department that fails to bring people into stores.
Promises much but cant deliver
Trade in specialist (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 11, 2014
Pros: discount on non-apple products
Cons: discount on apple products, management, horrible hours, discrimination.
While the product Simply Mac sells is fantastic, the company isn't. The store manager does not understand how to create schedules a month or two in advance. Instead does them week to week. Gets extremely upset requesting time off or a day off citing "the schedules are not created for the employees but rather for the customers".

The work environment is no better. Both the district manager and store manager do not focus on building up the team but rather cut throat sales. Bonuses are based off commission and going off the sales quote for a customer usually results in a five minute lecture from the store manager, regardless how long you've spent assisting the customer or if they changed their mind from the original quote. Many times the store manager has refunded sales and issued them in his own name.

The other issue with Simply Mac in Cheyenne is that it is utterly dead 80% of the time. Without doing research the company decided to put the store in the dead side of the mall. This is great to get paid to do nothing for an eight hour shift but management does get on its employees for not selling. A little hard to do when there's an empty store.
Productive workplace with positive employees
SALES ASSOCIATE / AT&T SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 21, 2014
I learned how to be a better salesman by earning the majority of my pay through commission incentives. I was inclined to work harder knowing that the harder I worked, the more I would make. My co-workers were some of the hardest working individuals I know and they always strived to be the best they could be. The most enjoyable part of the job was the continuous interaction with guests of all backgrounds and being able to connect on a personal level.
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 21, 2014
• Sales of computers, tablets, iPhone, services and accessories
• Sales and pricing of trade in of computers
• Inventory
• IPhone repairs
• training of trade in evaluations and credit issuing
• opening and closing of the store
• opening and closing of registers
• make deposits to bank
• training associates
• iPhone repairs
• weekly reports
• Sales of computers, tablets, iPhone, services and accessories
• Sales and pricing of trade in of computers
• trade in evaluations and credit issuing
• shipping and receiving
Simply Mac
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Layton, UTDecember 26, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: poor management and pay
Fun job and fun coworkers with the exception of the manager. Minimal training. Poor hours and benefits.
Fun Place To Work, Company Car, Amazing Opportinities to advance skills
Simply Mac Business Services Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2012
Pros: random outings, paid lunches, movies.
Cons: mac users...
the department was a mess, everyone was stressed to the max, nobody got anything valuable done, meetings were unproductive, and training though promised was never delivered.