Simply Mac Employee Reviews

Great place to start working in technology.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2017
A typical day as the Assistant store Manager deals with a lot of inventory receiving making sure the items shipped to and from us match the packing lists. Mostly working with customer's who have disabled their devices or broken them, helping them with the facilitating of the repair through Apple our restoring the device to be usable again and educating them on how to keep it from happening again. Most employees get a long just fine and have a good comrade with each other. The most exciting part about the job is that if you truly do like Apple products is helping the customer become an owner of their first or new device.
Pros
AT&T phone plan discount is substantial
Cons
Benefits are expensive and don't cover much.
Day in the life
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 17, 2017
I started as a technician for this company and was a District manager within 3 years. I loved this job because it allowed me to travel all over the country to train and help develop other technicians in other stores. My office was at home. I had an expense account so it made traveling easy without any reimbursement hassles. Rented a car when I needed it so I didn't even have to drive my own car unless it was to a local location.
Pros
Great company and great bosses to work for.
Cons
Growth opportunities dried out all of the sudden without explanation.
Simply Mac
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 1, 2017
I have worked at Simply Mac for almost 2 years now. Most of the time it is a very stressful work environment. The reason for this is the store that I work in. The store is very busy and for the majority of the time that I have worked there it has been under staffed. The company as a whole has been great but the Orem location is very hectic and needs to be fixed.
Pros
Great skills, A lot to learn
Cons
Stressful, Competitive, Busy
Was fun, not amymore
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTApril 26, 2017
Company is going under. They laid off 20 plus stores and have not given a reason to the stores that were doing excellent. My store was Number 1 in the company for about 5 months in a row. They laid us off, reason is that I still don't know why.
Pros
co-workers, apple products, discount
Cons
management, life work balance
Fun place to work if you love Apple
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 17, 2017
Repair apple devices that are in warranty and out of warranty. Great team to work with! Hours are great. Pay isn't as good as apple corporate. Great employee discount!
Pros
Great team, Fun, Enjoyable
Cons
Pay isn't as good as Apple corporate.
Inspiring team of professional leaders
East Region Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2017
Most recently with service trainer:

A typical day would involve helping mainly service employees throughout the company with various issues with training and accessing Apples systems.

Providing Apple exam voucher codes to all service staff

Weekly meetings with service staff to get a gauge for training needs, and then make trainings, materials and goals for service staff.

The Louisville store which I worked out of is a great and fund place to work. The staff is like minded with the customers experience being their primary focus.

The most difficult part of my employment was being a store manager, as it is a very demanding position when it comes to time on the job.

The most enjoyable part of my employment was my time as service trainer, as I felt I was able to use my great knowledge to help employees across the country and to help the company meet Apple set goals.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Lots of meetings
Terrible company
Apple Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 10, 2017
Worked for three weeks for Simply Mac, they just dropped everyone to 8.50 an hour until you get ACiT trained, then bump you to 9.50 an hour, with spiffs/commission. Unless you don't get enough customer emails. Or you get a bad survey from the emails. Then your nice spiffs goes away. Corporate berated my manager, who was an awesome guy. Dropped our service manager down 2 dollars an hour for no reason when he had been working 70 hour weeks. Would not advise working for this company. They don't care about their store managers or employees.
Pros
Apple training
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced work
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 22, 2017
The whole day was very faced paced, you needed to become very self proficient in this job and it is expected that you'll work at top quality every day.
Pros
communications
Cons
very fast paced
Great idea, not the best in action.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 20, 2017
While I enjoy the people I work with, and the basic principle with what I've done with this company, I am much less than impressed with how this company treats its' stores and employees. While moving up in the company seems plausible at first, it shows itself to be fairly difficult, especially if you're trying to get out of the store itself. The company also does what it can to cut costs, by not providing enough tools and equipment in the stores, to not paying their employees near enough, and has recently, in fact, cut the pay to some employees, as well as change the entire compensation plan, that requires more work to get make less commission, while also getting paid less hourly as well. But, I shouldn't be surprised, as 'do more than you're paid to do' is in the company training manual.
Pros
Good experience, good people to work with.
Cons
Not enough staff per store
Simply Mac
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to build sales and customer service skills. Flexible with schedule. Great for an entry-level career starter.
productive fun place to work for cheap
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTFebruary 11, 2017
lack of training for younger associates drove the stores revenue down and led to a bad word of mouth reputation leading to the store eventually closing and all of the new personnel laid off lots of good equipment and potential great location. Lack of advertising hurts service as well.
Pros
apple
Cons
management
Fun and dynamic work place with a great staff.
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 19, 2017
My team is great and I enjoy my job. Downside it pays below the poverty line for a position that is worth much more. Company culture is a bit on the cult like side.
Great team work oriented workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Great workplace for troubleshooting technology, and entry level sales. Management and progressive opportunities within the company as well. Apple certifications are paid for upon passing exams as well.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Compensation
Great co-workers and fun environment.
I started as a sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this job, my responsibilities included talking to customers to sell them the best solution for their needs. I would find out things such as "does a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro fit their needs better, do they need AppleCare+, what kind of accessories would benefit them. I was also responsible for repairing iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches. Repairs included replacing speakers, batteries, cameras etc.. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers and working together with my co-workers.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
corporate micro-management
Cool
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAJanuary 9, 2017
This job is cool for someone in high school or just in need of a part time job. Thus isn't the place to jump start a corporate career. There are ways to advance on the retail side but it depends on a number of factors.
Pros
You learn a lot about trouble shooting apple products
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Rated one of the worst places to work
None (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 7, 2017
Not really...but seriously. I have been here for 2 years and could honestly write a book on how bad of a company Simply Mac is. Poor management, constant restructuring, impossible sales goals, terrible discount, you name it! In 2 years, I have gone through 3 managers. I am constantly bombarded with emails and never get a break from work life.
Pros
Overtime?
Cons
Literally everything
Bait and switch
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 5, 2017
Job is listed at 12-14 an hour actual salary minimum wage plus some commissions "there would be no store if we had to pay that much as salary" not a busy place like an Apple Store
Take care of your customers or someone else will.
Apple Certified Service Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 2, 2017
They start by telling you the massive commission potential you have, but don't explain that its next to impossible to achieve. Then understaff your store so that its impossible to handle the crazy amount of traffic you get, but expect you to keep your "numbers" up and threaten you with write ups when they're not what they want. Upper Management is quick to throw lower level employees under the bus to save theirselves. When you ask anything about why some off the wall rule exist, more threats. This company is going down fast.
Pros
You get to work with Apple products, and get certified to work on them.
Cons
Everything else
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 19, 2016
It was a job so I could make some money while I was looking for another job. There is a lot that this company needs to work on in order to succeed. I will say that I developed some great skills. Pay is absolutely terrible.
Fun experience.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 21, 2016
At Simply Mac, it was my responsibility to ensure that both sales and service teams were giving the correct expectations to all our customers and giving them the complete Simply Mac experience. I coached my teams whenever necessary to ensure that they understood what needed improvement. I also ensured the sales floor was stocked with the new products that we received. Additionally, I received the new product inventory before being placed on the sales floor. I also assisted customers that had any AT&T questions by accessing their account and seeing if they were eligible for upgrades.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simply Mac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8