Simply Self Storage Employee Reviews

Great job and meet new people daily
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 20, 2017
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The other managers are great and help each other on a daily basis. The district manager is very helpful in making decisions and listens to reason as he seems to respect our opinion.
Pros
Holidays and paid vacations off
Cons
wish we were closed on Sundays
Mostly clerical
Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestDecember 20, 2017
Follow up on reservations, walk-ins, sales/move-ins, accept payments, janitorial work, fix account problems, make collection calls, make more collection calls for delinquent tenants, schedule auctions, move-outs. Explaining the frequent rental rate hikes gets awkward. Some days very slow, some very fast - unpredictable. Sales and phone calls are very scripted.
Pros
close at 6pm, connections with people
Cons
busy work, low support from management, incompetent coworkers
Very poor workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2017
Worst place to work. Lazy employees and lazy management. Pushy sales tactics sell to customers despite their needs. No refunds given. Bad mouthing done by management about customers and staf
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Not a Bad Job if you like a challenge
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 26, 2017
I love my Job, It's a challenge at times but I do like that. You must like to work on your own with out supervision and be able to govern yourself and make sure your job is done correct. You do have to do this sometime with out a lot help from your manager so you must be a problem solver and independent.There maybe times that you are the only person in the store working so also be prepared for that as well. the training has been updated from when I went through and is better.but soak up as much as you can AND TAKE NOTES! It's not a hard job unless you make it that. Go in with a positive attitude and it will be what you make it.
Pros
great DISTRICT Manager
Cons
Hiring format, Budget constraint
Better off flipping burgers
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 9, 2017
The hours are horrible, by the time you get off the day is over. No time to do anything when you get off. The pay is so low (especially as compared to their competitors) and schedule is so inconsistent it makes finding a part time job, volunteering, getting involved in hobbies, or even significantly being there for your kids nearly impossible. The DM is always putting out ridiculous tasks when there are so many other important things to take care of. Additionally, they dumb things down so much, there is almost room for independent thinking or judgement, that you might as well be flipping burgers!
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
Lowest pay in the industry and no place for intelligent people.
Easy quit place
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 8, 2017
I still work in okc and I love my job. It can be stressful like any job but the other managers work well together and the DM is there to help when he can. I would so recommend this job
Pros
Great job
Cons
Non
Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2017
Different Schedule weekly, lowest pay in the industry, Stressful. New District manager is a great guy and is the only reason i am still working here. Almost never a weekend off.
Pros
Different Day to Day
Cons
Pay
This company is a joke
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
This company was by far one of the worst companies that I have ever worked for. No need to really go into detail about this sack of sh** of a company but hey if anyone wants to find out the hard way go right ahead!!
If you have an opinion. Don't say ANYTHING.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNAugust 14, 2017
This is one of the worst companies I have worked for. I was with the company going on 5 years. The tenants are great to work with. Upper management is not great to work with. They will steal your ideas and take them as your own. If they don't like you they will write you off, no matter how good your job performance is ( I was a leading manager in my district). The DM will come and say things to you such as what a good job you are doing and don't worry everything is fine. If you like being on pins and needles everyday wondering if you are going to have a job tomorrow then this company is for you!

They're are some perks. But they find a way to take those from you too. Its impossible to make any money there as they keep changing bonus structure. You are just a number and are easily replaced.

Yet they let staff under you get away with everything. They are not held accountable for anything, no matter how much you complain.

So if you want to feel undervalued, overworked and underpaid, SIMPLY SELF STORAGE is the place for you!
Pros
The tenants are awesome
Cons
Everything else!
Productive and fun place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2017
Excellent place to work if you are looking for a good career. Focus is on providing 5 Star Customer Service to all customers. Given responsibility to work as if it was your own business.
Summary
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2017
Management pretty much let the property manager run their site and have independence and it was golden. No micro management. Awesome place to work. Have to work and any weather condition though
No future and no hope
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  metro Detroit areaJuly 12, 2017
Immediate management is fine but upper management is the worst to many rate increases from corporate level and property staff takes all the blame does not matter how many glowing revues you receive one complaint will negate them all.
Pros
no nights
Cons
Upper management is arrogant and does not care about staff.
A great work environment
Associate Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 30, 2017
I never thought that I would be in the storage industry before working here, but I really valued my time there. It's either just you or one other person working on the property. If you can work between the periods of slowdown and be able to keep up during the busy season, then you should be fine.
challenging, busy, tenant interactions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 26, 2017
I have worked for Simply for about 1 1/2 years, I really like working for them, it's a challenge and I love a challenge, you stay busy keeping the property looking it's best and cleaning units, it's definitely not a sit behind the desk all day job, nut I wouldn't want that, the best part pf the job is interacting with your tenants, all in all it is a great place to work
Pros
customer service, work outside
Cons
short staffed
I loved being a Property Manager they have great benifits.
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
Working for Simply has given me skills I thought I would never have. It is a great Job to have if you like being an independent worker. Their auctions are fun and were a great learning experience.
Pros
you get your own office and property to take care of.
Don't waste your time.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 24, 2017
This company could care less about their customers and their employees. Everything comes from "corporate" so the employees have zero power to do anything to help customers. Upper management is non-existent and shady. The employees are used and given responsibilities without compensation, while the DM and corporate rakes in the dough.
They don't care
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2017
They don't care about their employees at all, seemed great in the beginning then it goes down hill fast! On call 24/7, DM has no idea what is going on.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything, Horrible bosses
Comfortable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2017
A typical work day, clock in, get in the golf cart and ride around to check the property, afterwards back to the desk until its time to check the property.
not pleasant
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2017
does not believe in customer service, you are there to rent units, that's all.
If you actually help a customer, you get fired for making them happy. I don't believe how unprofessional they are to their employees.
Pros
easy job
Cons
horrible bosses
Steady hours, inconsistent rule enforcement
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 14, 2017
The company is an alright place to work for the most part.
However they are always undergoing policy changes and the rules are not enforced equally to all employees.
It is an ok job, but it is not a career, almost no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simply Self Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6