Simply Self Storage Employee Reviews

Storage company
Property Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Min supervision
Cons: To much for one person
Open store. Helping customers making there life changing move as easy as possible. Call delinquent customer and work with them on payment so they wont lose the belongs. Set up auction account. Meet business and market strategy to help bring in business for both. Clean property.
Great company to start a career off in.
Property Manager and District Training Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 24, 2015
I have learned a lot from this company and have grown in my career. The employee's are wonderful and the customers and tenants are also wonderful. The company has a good core value. They have good benefits as well. If you are looking for a job that does not require you to just sit at a desk this is the place to be. It allows you to learn a wide variety of useful techniques behind the desk as well as outside on the property. Great place to start a career.
Fun and interesting place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee), Brighton, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free apartment, good pay, easy going workplace
Cons: work alone for the most part
Day starts with doing a daily walk through of the property then a bank run. Then I did calls to catch up on daily work and collections. My coworkers were spread out but we functioned as a good team. Management was very fair and able to help with major issues. Meet a lot of interesting people. Hardest part is selling a person's unit if they do not pay.
Very relaxed environment.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
This was an excellent first clerical job then taught me the communication skills I need for business relations now and in the future. It also taught me about presentation of the products and of myself.
Working at this place broadened my mind & customer service skills... loved the time 1/2, Holiday, & overtime pay.
Assistant Manager/Floater (Former Employee), South Chicago Heights, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: sales
A typical day @ this job was mostly calling your inquirers, customers that's behind on rent, & keeping accounts updated in system. I've learned how to use the computer much better while working this job due to weekly reports that had to be done, emailing with attachments, faxing, & processing payment in the system. Had great coworkers. They were very helpful to me. The hardest part of this job was saleing moving supplies & equipment due to free boxes that the grocery stores give to you for free & the dollar stores that sale other supplies for a cheaper price, but what's a job with out challenge, but there was some enjoyable parts of the job & that was getting the lease signed & the sale.
Hands On Property Management
Property Manager (Former Employee), IndianapolisAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: properties falling apart, i was at a very large property, no golf cart, no assistance from corp management
Good feeling of personal responsibility, unfortunately even when corporate goals are far exceeded a feeling from the company headquarters of: Gee, that was great , but what have you done for us lately. Many properties sorely lacking in large maintenance.
Learning expierence
Customer Service / Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Typical day: Serving Customers
Learned: How to greet and treat Customers so they will become repeat business.
Managemnt: The person in charge had a lot to learn
Co-workers: I didn't work with anyone. One person schedule.
Hardest part: Cleaning out a storage unit after a customer vacates it. Moving out large appliances etc.
Enjoyable part: Meeting new people daily.
NO TRAINING OR SUPPORT
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee), RAYTOWN, MOFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nada...maybe getting fresh air outside
Cons: coworkers, management, working hard and being told that its not right and not hard enough
Very high expectations from a company that doesn't even provide a handbook to their employees.... Management only cares about increasing storage prices on already existing and long time tenants. Not to mention that the area is a suburb that is not flourishing in extreme wealth!!! So they punish their customers with inflation and they push their employees to SELL SELL with no training and co-workers that get out the good silverware to stab you in the back
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything.
There is nothing good to say about this place. They treated their employees like dirt.
Renting units were your main focus...this involves alott of marketing.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Riverbank, Ca.January 9, 2014
Pros: speaking with the customers were the highlight of the day.....
Cons: no supplies or petty cash to utilize 4 supplies.
Printed & mailed monthly rent statements, Received and processed rent payments, marketing, renting units (up-sale, boxes & supplies), upkeep of the property.
Fun, challenging, stay busy
On-site Property Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
Pros: free apartment, making customers happy and always wanting to return.
Cons: on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
My employment with Simply Self Storage was quite refreshing. I loved my job each and every day for over five years. I loved dealing with people and loved being able to solve their problems and they left smiling and happy. I worked with wonderful team players and my boss was awesome.
No longer in business
Customer Svc Manager/Property Manager/Marketing (Former Employee), High Ridge, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: management or lack of
No longer in business in Missouri....................................
Excellent entry level accounting job.
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2013
Pros: relaxed workplace. simple job. nice salary.
Cons: unexciting and overly easy work. positions closed as people left eliminating advancement. layoffs.
Went in, downloaded banking info into accounting software. Audited bank data vs. company reporting software to ensure accounts were reconciled properly. Oversaw thousands of dollars in assets and booked assigned financial activity. Created optimization through computer programming. Coworkers were friendly. Workplace very relaxed.
they will spit on you.
maintance (Former Employee), springhill.flApril 22, 2013
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Took care of there property for years. First time you wont work for free your gone.. always payed late.. did 1000 extra things for them. They sold one property I never got payed for..
They will chew you up and spit you out.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 25, 2013
Pros: steady schedule and project style workload
Cons: compensation.
This is a results driven company. There are some good things, but even more bad things about this company. Compensation is low and benefits offered are not a selling point for employment. As a full time manager, you are almost guaranteed 40 hours per week which is nice. Upper management is friendly and respectful.
It was an okay place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2012
The management was okay. I learn a lot about customer service and about collecting calls at this company,
Property Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, NJAugust 27, 2012
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: lack of communication with supervisors
Great place to work if you like to be alone. The company doesnt give you too much help when major issues arise and you are often left to deal with issues alone with no knowledge of what is going on.
Punch in and punch out....
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJune 18, 2012
Pros: company paid on-site appartment
Cons: low pay, poor benefits, very little time to spend with family.
Rent storage spaces, collect rent, resolve customer issues, repair the property.

I managed an assistaint and he was new to self storage, but cought on very fast.

Selling tenants units

Making a customers day by having what they need.
productive
Handyman (Former Employee), Bayamón, PRApril 2, 2012
Open place of employment,clean, paint loading and unloading trucks, work in different sites, making delivery, pick up dilivery, work dirrectly with clients.