Simpson Strong-Tie Employee Reviews

Automatic Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 17, 2017
Good place to work. Fast pace and time goes by really fast. Pay isn't all that great but room for advancement.. good leaders that are always willing to help..
Amazing Culture and Endless Opportunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 13, 2017
Being at Simpson Strong-Tie for over 14 years, I can easily say that there are endless opportunities for anyone who wants it. Regardless of where you start or what skills and experience you may have there are always chances for advancement and development. Internal training and mentorship is a constant and external training is always open to anyone. There is a teamwork atmosphere like mine I've experienced at any other company. Everyone has a common goal of exceeding customers expectations and a servant mentality. With the common goal, everyone across departments and even across branches around the world are excited to help with whatever is necessary to make it happen. Management is in a constant state of development and growth; always trying to learn. Succession planning is a focus and performance management helps give management and employees the tools to grow. The culture is fun and inclusive regardless or title or department. Many employees hang out often and have become great friends outside of work. Many customers and employees have become great friends also. Incredible benefits include vacation and sick pay, tuition reimbursement, AMAZING medical, dental, vision, chiropractic programs, wellness program where positive health and lifestyle choices are encouraged, discounts, great work/life balance, and so much more. People rarely leave the company because of the culture and ever-changing possibilities. I can't recommend Simpson enough for anyone who wants to be excited to go to work each day, make great products, and have fun in your career.
Pros
No Equal Culture, Great Benefits, Company Profit Sharing, Learning is encourages, Creativity, Wellness Program, Gym, Fun Family Atmosphere, Endless Development Opportunities, Coffee Bar
Cons
Sometimes change can be hard for some but welcome for others, sometimes there is too much free food
Pays awesome, but management is inexperienced and unreasonable
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2017
Best thing I ever did was quit last month. Manager was new to their job, didn't know how to support their team total of 1 employee. Position was understaffed. Highly-stressful position. Don't do it!!!! Loved the company itself but stay away from the Literature/Training Department. You'll save yourself blood, sweat and tears.
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Cons
Understaffed, terrible management
Official response from Simpson Strong-Tie
September 25, 2017

Thank you for the candid feedback. We appreciate you affirming our great pay, benefits and company.

On your comments regarding the department manager and workload – we are always looking for ways to improve. We will certainly look into this to see if there is an opportunity for us to provide more support and come alongside the manager to help make the workload more balanced. Leadership is an area we’ve been giving a lot of focus as a company. Demonstrating leadership can be challenging, at times, especially when we try so hard to meet our customers’ needs. Both are important, nonetheless.

Thanks again for your feedback. You’re welcome to reach out to any of our leaders or human resources team members if you’d like to provide more specific information or any other feedback.

-Simpson Strong-Tie Representative

Poor workplace with bad management.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2017
Cleaned up as per usual, harassed by co-workers for not engaging in conversations.

People often slacked off at work and refused to do anything outside of their division.

No one cleaned up after themselves, trash on their floor in their departments, bathrooms all messy, don't flush toilets.

Management often ignored complaints, there was only one competent manager who was often belittled by higher management for trying to change things for the better for the employees.

Hardest part of the job was ignoring ignorant co-workers who had nothing better to do than say things to you without reason.

Easiest part of the job was the routine, it was very similar day by day, with a few exceptions.

I enjoyed my job and felt I got paid properly, but poor management and the refusal to talk to other employees who brought drugs to work, alcohol and quite honestly harassed other employees on a day by day basis made me severely dislike the job.
Pros
Nice office.
Cons
Bad co-workers and management
Good Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 25, 2017
This is a Great Company..
Union company. Great employees. Everyone pulls together in order to get the job done. Overtime is encouraged. Paid medical, dental, vacations. Union really works to take care of employees.
Pros
Hard Work
Cons
Pay is too low when starting.
Massive potential for growth stunted by horrible management
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 3, 2017
Simpson Strong-Tie is a great company with great benefits and great pay. However, management from the branch head down are oblivious to cGMP and repeatedly throw away opportunity for growth and profitability. No advancement opportunities either - if you succeed in your role, you will be held there due to your success. There is so much profitability wasted here by horrendously bad management with little to no chemical experience.
Pros
Great benefits, above average pay
Cons
Horrible management, stunted growth
Productive and fast pace environment
Inventory Clerk/forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 25, 2017
Excellent place too work, the people there are just some much fun to be around fells like home. Family
friendly environment and always exciting times with management plus there's also a ping pong table.
Pros
Incentive pay every 3 months, free lunch, willing too pay for your education if wanting too attend school
Cons
No cons at all...
Good work environment
Utility Welder (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 22, 2017
People are really nice and helpful.
Work environment is safe.
The way work order are managed are understanding.
Leads are really helpful.
Nice having benefits.
Personal help you being on top of everything.
Good Company to work,
Production/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2017
Simpson Strongtie is a good company to work. I do not give blanket statements to anyone, therefore this conversation ends here. Please do not purse this conversation to make 150 characters.
The company was good as a overall towards its employees
Fiberglass Technician (Former Employee) –  3100 falls cliff road , Baltimore,MarylandMarch 8, 2017
Good company but at times not because they had to problems from other branch higher ups getting involved with our branch and our day to day activities which then made it a stressful environment along with the branch moving to another state when they stressed that they was just going to relocate to a county in Maryland because it was a lot of space to use to get a building built
Pros
Bonuses and raises
Cons
Other management and the rotating rules and no handbook
Great Company & Culture
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 7, 2017
Simpson Strong-Tie is a well-rounded company providing excellent products and service to customers, investing in their employees, and giving back to the community. They offer stability while being innovative in products and processes. Most people will tell you what they most like about Simpson is the culture, which is about doing the right thing, giving back, respecting all employees, and more. I encourage you to look into career opportunities with this industry-leader.
Pros
culture, great products, stable, innovative
Unprofessional Maintenance Manager and Incompetent Lead
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 27, 2016
disorganized maintenance department..Unprofessional maintenance manager..Incompetent maintenance lead..no teamwork, no cooperation..Ask for help and brought out your concern for daily meetings, no actions from manager and lead. They don't have ears and blind folded. You do everything to keep equipment running and fixing issues every single day. After all they stabbed your back.
Very good company to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 21, 2016
This is a great company to be a part of. I have no complaints with any aspects of their business ethic. I would like to see the comany expand its enterprise to include more aspects of manufacturing.
Good work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Have been working for this company almost a year as a temp, Have seen others come and go. Would like to get hired by this company.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Don't have any benefits as a temp
Good benefits but watch your back
Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2016
Been there for a while and have seen the culture devolve from when I started. Can't speak for the other branches but the Riverside branch is full of nepotism and cronyism (old boys network). Not for women at all! Borderline sexism.
Benefits
Cons
Old boys network
Working at Simpson
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
It is a very rewarding job. I enjoy where and who I work with. There is never a day that is too stressful. This company is a employer of choice!
decent company
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 13, 2016
I got sick for a few months and placed on medical leave then let go, otherwise decent company.

I learned tons here, i have a great skill set now for manufacturing, and leading.
Great company to work for. People are professional and smart! Fun place to work!
Plant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. It's important to them that you like what you do. They don't want unhappy employees. Very generous in every way! Unfortunately, my branch will be moving to West Chicago in approximately one year. I am not sure what my future holds so I need to keep my options open.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Moving to West Chicago!
Small company grew quickly to leading manufacturer of building products
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2015
Early years were challenging in convincing management to invest a reasonable percentage of capital in adverting and sales promotion. I learned the importance of building allies within management to gain support for proposals. Excellent team spirit among co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, sales force, and vendors to accomplish mutual goals.Hardest part of the job came after management changes following death of VP Marketing who had hired me. New manager was not as open and supportive and damaged morale in the marketing department.
Good enironment, if you're in IT
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work if you have the right managers. IT dpt seems very happy. Other dpts are keeping very negative, unproductive people around for way too long.
Pros
benefits, bonus, team spirited, not uptight.
Cons
select dpt get more budget $, certain managers are there way after their expiration date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simpson Strong-Tie. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2