Simpson Strong-Tie Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Maintenance Manager and Incompetent Lead
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 27, 2016
disorganized maintenance department..Unprofessional maintenance manager..Incompetent maintenance lead..no teamwork, no cooperation..Ask for help and brought out your concern for daily meetings, no actions from manager and lead. They don't have ears and blind folded. You do everything to keep equipment running and fixing issues every single day. After all they stabbed your back.
Good work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Have been working for this company almost a year as a temp, Have seen others come and go. Would like to get hired by this company.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Don't have any benefits as a temp
Good benefits but watch your back
Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2016
Been there for a while and have seen the culture devolve from when I started. Can't speak for the other branches but the Riverside branch is full of nepotism and cronyism (old boys network). Not for women at all! Borderline sexism.
Benefits
Cons
Old boys network
Working at Simpson
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
It is a very rewarding job. I enjoy where and who I work with. There is never a day that is too stressful. This company is a employer of choice!
decent company
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 13, 2016
I got sick for a few months and placed on medical leave then let go, otherwise decent company.

I learned tons here, i have a great skill set now for manufacturing, and leading.
Great company to work for. People are professional and smart! Fun place to work!
Plant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. It's important to them that you like what you do. They don't want unhappy employees. Very generous in every way! Unfortunately, my branch will be moving to West Chicago in approximately one year. I am not sure what my future holds so I need to keep my options open.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Moving to West Chicago!
Small company grew quickly to leading manufacturer of building products
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2015
Early years were challenging in convincing management to invest a reasonable percentage of capital in adverting and sales promotion. I learned the importance of building allies within management to gain support for proposals. Excellent team spirit among co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, sales force, and vendors to accomplish mutual goals.Hardest part of the job came after management changes following death of VP Marketing who had hired me. New manager was not as open and supportive and damaged morale in the marketing department.
Good enironment, if you're in IT
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work if you have the right managers. IT dpt seems very happy. Other dpts are keeping very negative, unproductive people around for way too long.
Pros
benefits, bonus, team spirited, not uptight.
Cons
select dpt get more budget $, certain managers are there way after their expiration date.
great company to work for
Customer Service / Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 6, 2015
After working there for over 29 years, in the warehouse and in the inside sales, I think that Simpson Strong-Tie is a great company to work for.
Family oriented atmosphere with ability making work duties enjoyable.
Trimmer/Finisher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2014
Productive learning environment with opportunity for versatility. Activity-filled day, constant performance of duties as trimmer/finisher with little downtime in between. Three to four three men crews functioning as lamination techs, completing lamination tasks of two halves of product every 40 minutes, prepared for trimming to specified dimensions using power tools with steady workload for trimming function. Acquired hand/eye coordination at rapid pace meeting high demand for trim work completion. Learned independent ability of blueprint dynamics, self-management, meeting crucial deadlines, quality assurance as demanded by DOT. Firm management personnel, yet easy going, attentive to personnel needs and satisfactory completion of responsibilities. Family oriented atmosphere with strong employee unity, streaming over into outside personal life. Hardest part of the day is bundling procedures preparing for shipment. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the completed product loaded for delivery with satisfying stamp of approval of finished product.
Pros
Company bonuses, showing satisfaction with worker performance, often company funded outings, displaying employee appreciation, adequate yearly raises consistent with quality of work.
Cons
Slow times during winter months; returned product due to damage during installation.

Want to know more about Simpson Strong-Tie?

Ask a question
Welder/Robotic Welder Programmer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 18, 2014
Not much room to grow. Promotions not usually due to skills. When I was there, you had to be friends with supervisors and management to move up.
Great company, poor policies
Truss Specialist / Branch 24 Columbus (Former Employee) –  Eastern USJanuary 9, 2014
after almost 3 months of interviews and testing/checks, I was hired a a truss specialist. I then underwent rigorous training for their system of business. After all of this time and money invested I was abruptly terminated after 120 days of employment. When I asked for the reason, their reply was "not a good fit for the company". One would think that with the arduous vetting process and training involved, they would have warned me about my "fit" into the company profile.
Nice place to work,Family friendly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 19, 2013
It was tough work but i enjoyed it. The plant was clean and always up and running.hardly any problems.
Pros
Great people
Cons
one of the better jobs I've had
Inventory (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 11, 2013
From a former employee, SST was a really good company to work for. Good benefits and good management. This company paid for my college education. As long as you were moving forward in your education, they paid for the ride.
Pros
good hours. caring people. advancement.
Cons
some lead-men were not very good people persons.
Great caring people. Very safe invironment.
Electrical Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 6, 2012
They definitely give you all the resources they can to get your job done right.
Lots of fun to work for...
national accounts rep (Former Employee) –  McKinney TXFebruary 28, 2012
Share how great the company was at making a product that all people should build with....