Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP Employee Reviews

Productive Friendly Workplace
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Simpson Thacher has been one of the most welcoming workplaces I have ever worked with. Management is very understanding of personal employees needs and concerns. A typical day at work varies from very busy to a normal pace. Long hours are the most challenging part of the job but overall my experience here has been enjoyable.
Class Action Law firm
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
Class action law firm.
As a law clerk, I worked in a procedural law, filing and retrieving legal documents. Docketing legal documents in the case management system and informing the attorneys. In addition, I trained and supervised other law clerks. I instructed paralegals on procedural law procedures, filing and service requirements. In addition, I interacted directly with the 1st year associates and the partners regarding their cases.
2-Day Employment is Okay for the Moment
Duplicating Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I was hired in September of 2015 to work in the Duplicating Dept. for Simpson Thacher and Bartlett. As an Occasional Employee, I obviously don't get the benefits that come with a full-time position, such as company health insurance, retirement, et al. And since law firms are flat, generally speaking being a Manager or Supervisor in Duplicating may be as far as I get even if I got a full-time position.

However, the management is top-notch, everyone who works there is friendly and engaging, and there's a certain closeness present that comes with being with the same people on a regular basis. The work is much more relaxing than at on the vendor side of Office Services or BIS.
Productive and fun due to my peers.
Telephone Receptionist Fax Operator, Conf Serv (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Started my day by seeing where I was assigned to that day and proceed to fulfill my duties

Learned a lot because I'm open to new ideas and willing to learn something new and I'm very helpful

My supervisor was great my manager was unfair and so was the new director to my department.

I loved all my co workers .. i said greeted everyone whether i new them or not

Hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone.

The most enjoyable part were my peers .. clients thanking you for a minimal thing you did for them .. our potlucks in our department and our Christmas party
Legal
Staff Attorney - Litigation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
The culture and environment are very welcoming. I have enjoyed working with this law firm.
S.T.B is a very good place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2014
The staff and management are very professional and I worked with all departments as a maintenance technician (former employee). Also, if you need any help with personal and or work related issues management will not hesitate to help or give you any information to help their employees.
Pros
Great benifits, good work enviorment
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2013
Great staff and management. Coworkers are enjoyable and fun. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Good work environment
The employees are the best part of the company.
Telephone Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2013
I worked with all departments. I have seen good employees come and go. Work was always interesting. I find it was hard to move up in my career there.
Pros
people
Cons
policies
Very professional firm full of very intelligent and dedicated people.
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2012
I've greatly enjoyed working at Simpson. The firm's practice is very sophisticated, and the employees I have interacted with have always been collegial and intelligent.