Sims Recycling Solutions

Sims Recycling Solutions Employer Reviews

Fair paying job, but with little job security.
Welder/Fabrication (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 5, 2015
This position involved simple tasks that where easily accomplished when given the time to complete them, as well as fair compensation for what the position asked of us. However, job security leaves something to be desired. As I was laid off in during the week with no reason or warning.
Fun, Loud place to work, People are awesome. Every day is a new day.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: awesome people
Cons: only temporary job
Hire through Addecco for 9 months, so only temporary full time job but time there is definitely worth it. Takes a little to get use to but it goes for all jobs.
Great Employees but Management is horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 19, 2015
The company does not invest in its employees. There is room for promotions but only at the larger sites. The company needs to make sure there are policies and procedures in place for all job duties.
Great new learning experience.
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits low cost.
Cons: low wages for employees difficult work dismantling equipment.
A typical day consisted of start up meeting with all employees(130 plus) plan for daily production goals. Communication with onsite staffing agency to check daily attendance. Management was overall good. The hardest part of the job was making sure all employees followed all safety procedures as Sims had a strict policy on safety which I can attest was outstanding as they put employee safety first before anything else. The most enjoyable part for me was building a great team to succeed even under challenges.
Manage floor and employees while making sure customer product is proccess correctly
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Roseville caJanuary 25, 2015
Manage employees, manage process, training, review production numbers, complete reports, make sure processes are being followed, Make sure all company and state requirements are followed
productive enviroment
forklift driver (Former Employee), matanzas cubaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: salary
i worked as a forkliftdriver,many hour a day, friendly enviroment
production of quality in metal and others
Employee executive (Current Employee), Laurel, MDNovember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch for 30'
Cons: short break for 10'
Typical day : monday to friday. skill and work team. fast and good job productive. The hardest is to work with risk echec and the most enjoyable is easy job. we respect our chief and the team workers is good;
A good management culture
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: created a great work culture with management and crew
Cons: business is not looking strong
Review the previous night's workload and where they left off.
Review with Lead to know what workload is expected and what Production goal is needed for the day.
Review the backlog to maintain 30 days or less of inventory.
Coordinate with other departments to know what is needed for the day or for the week.
A business in shrink to survive mode.
Emploee at Sims Recycling Solutions (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and awesome co-workers
Cons: the company is on a journey and many of its dedicated and talented employees won’t survive it!
Must be onsite well before your shift starts, and ready to work. Safe and environmentally conscious company. You can feel good about the work you do. management is management. You get some good and some bad. Co-workers are the best and make work tolerable. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new people and their agendas and politics. I really enjoyed what I did and felt appreciated and valued. Rude awaking when they told me I was no longer needed without any warring.
Leader in Electronics Recycling
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 1, 2014
Sims Recycling Solutions is a leader in electronics recycling. There are many positive attributes to the organization which is heavily focused on safety. The responsible recycling of electronics is crucial for the future.
Productive and fun
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: females are forced to lift same weight as males like if it was a military facility.
A nice place to work at, but the staff needs to be restructured. Not enough diversity.
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
I truely enjoy working for Sims recycling solutions. everyday is a different challenge with a very diverse group of employees
Really fast work place
line worker (Current Employee), compton, caJune 12, 2014
Pros: time seem to always go by fast
Cons: n/a
Using an air gun or a hammer, I had to remove all material within all electronic devices, sort those materials and use a pallet jacket to move gaylord sorts. My co workers were very friendly and was easy to work with and the hardest put about work was keeping busy once youve reach your daily goal.
Excellent Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 4, 2014
Company is very well managed
Fair compensation for Management staff
Productive, Great Staff
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 8, 2014
I gained a lot of experience, it open my door to new opportunities.
Professional business environment that is very family friendly
Admin Asst (Current Employee), USAMay 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: very slow growth opportunities
Sims is truly a great company to work for. My typical day would include invoicing, scheduling both inbound and outbound freight, handling any customer questions and support the upper management team. The upper management team were really easy to talk and relate to and they made you feel like you were part of a family.
Low Morale - Ops Plant Managers HR
Warehouser (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILApril 28, 2014
What was learned about working at Sims in West Chicago, is that Plant, Ops and HR managers, promote internally who they prefer. General Manager does not even know what is going on with his management and how they treat us warehouse employees.
There have been several long term employees who they just dismissed or eliminate their job. They tend to promote employees who everyone knows can not do the job; current warehouse upper mgmt. overlooks all that. Every warehouse employees complains that their lead team & supervisor does not know a thing about supervising, however they are still promoted or moved from within. Overall, Low morale of office and warehouse.HR claims they help employees, but everyone knows otherwise, and we don't even bring anything up to HR with fear we will be terminated.
All us warehouse workers really work hard and only get paid minimum wage. West Chicago is not consistent with other job descriptions pay scale.
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNMarch 24, 2014
Productive, demanding, and good work environment. Management well staffed and easy to get along with.
A Learning Experience
Tester/Refurbishment (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Everyone is very friendly at Sim's and management is very helpful. There are many different types of jobs here, in both the front office and the warehouses. I think the hardest part of the job is trying to retain all of the training. You may learn how to do many different jobs in the warehouse. Everyone out there helps each other out.
Awesome
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), TNJanuary 23, 2014
this is an awesome company to work for if you are a full time employee.