Sims Recycling Solutions

Sims Recycling Solutions Employer Reviews

Leader in Electronics Recycling
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 1, 2014
Sims Recycling Solutions is a leader in electronics recycling. There are many positive attributes to the organization which is heavily focused on safety. The responsible recycling of electronics is crucial for the future.
Productive and fun
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: females are forced to lift same weight as males like if it was a military facility.
A nice place to work at, but the staff needs to be restructured. Not enough diversity.
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
I truely enjoy working for Sims recycling solutions. everyday is a different challenge with a very diverse group of employees
Really fast work place
line worker (Current Employee), compton, caJune 12, 2014
Pros: time seem to always go by fast
Cons: n/a
Using an air gun or a hammer, I had to remove all material within all electronic devices, sort those materials and use a pallet jacket to move gaylord sorts. My co workers were very friendly and was easy to work with and the hardest put about work was keeping busy once youve reach your daily goal.
Excellent Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 4, 2014
Company is very well managed
Fair compensation for Management staff
Productive, Great Staff
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 8, 2014
I gained a lot of experience, it open my door to new opportunities.
Professional business environment that is very family friendly
Admin Asst (Current Employee), USAMay 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: very slow growth opportunities
Sims is truly a great company to work for. My typical day would include invoicing, scheduling both inbound and outbound freight, handling any customer questions and support the upper management team. The upper management team were really easy to talk and relate to and they made you feel like you were part of a family.
Low Morale - Ops Plant Managers HR
Warehouser (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILApril 28, 2014
What was learned about working at Sims in West Chicago, is that Plant, Ops and HR managers, promote internally who they prefer. General Manager does not even know what is going on with his management and how they treat us warehouse employees.
There have been several long term employees who they just dismissed or eliminate their job. They tend to promote – more... employees who everyone knows can not do the job; current warehouse upper mgmt. overlooks all that. Every warehouse employees complains that their lead team & supervisor does not know a thing about supervising, however they are still promoted or moved from within. Overall, Low morale of office and warehouse.HR claims they help employees, but everyone knows otherwise, and we don't even bring anything up to HR with fear we will be terminated.
All us warehouse workers really work hard and only get paid minimum wage. West Chicago is not consistent with other job descriptions pay scale. – less
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNMarch 24, 2014
Productive, demanding, and good work environment. Management well staffed and easy to get along with.
A Learning Experience
Tester/Refurbishment (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Everyone is very friendly at Sim's and management is very helpful. There are many different types of jobs here, in both the front office and the warehouses. I think the hardest part of the job is trying to retain all of the training. You may learn how to do many different jobs in the warehouse. Everyone out there helps each other out.
Awesome
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), TNJanuary 23, 2014
this is an awesome company to work for if you are a full time employee.
Okay environment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Great place to work if you like to cook. The enviroment was great but this job can be frustrating at times when dealing with angry or rude customers
the co-workers were great
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Lincoln, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: the co-workers are great
the co-workers were great but it is very poorly managed they make you wear heavy clothes and it reaches well over 100 degrees easily
they are always yelling at you when you have to use the restroom
Easy Money
Contingent Worker (Former Employee), Roseville, CADecember 11, 2013
Easy money, long hours. Learned a lot about recycling electronics.
Terrible pay but great management
Laborer (Current Employee), Edison, NJNovember 1, 2013
Pros: company barbecues
Cons: short breaks and rushed work
Terrible pay and very light yearly raises.. New rules and regulations are added everyday for the employees to follow so they can better the company but nothing is added to help employees . People are fired everyday and hired every week.But besides that the management is great, there real down to earth. They listen and speak with employees and not just – more... stay in the office and only speak with supervisors. All the co-workers are real cool and for the most part get along. The most enjoyable part of the job is?????? – less
Steady job, Short breaks, No promotions
Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: short breaks, no promotions
When I get to work I walk through the metal detector. then I go to my locker and put on my personal protective equipment then I start working on what ever they have for me and my partner. We get three breaks though out the day, then we go home at eleven thirty.

some things I learned are work safety, how to take apart electronics.

management can be – more... very helpful at times and confusing in others.

the hardest part of the job at first is standing on your feet all day but you get used to it.

the most enjoyable part of the job is all that you learn and experience. – less
Good Environment
Computer Repair, Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 22, 2013
Decent job; learned alot. Good start to a potential career.
Productive friendly environment to work in.
Production Line Worker (Current Employee), Cockrell Hill, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: sqwenchers
Cons: short breaks no cellphones allowed in building
Coworkers are pretty fun to hang with and talk to. They taught me how to work a power drill. Managers are nice. The hardest part about the job is taking out ink from the printers and getting out the mercury bulbs.
recycling warehouse
Electronics Dismantler, and Material Separator (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
If you love taking things apart and a dirty warehouse this is for you. Everybody is friendly. strict breaks. coffee is a quarter. Take apart electronics completely. such as monitors, laptops and more. On the other side of the warehouse separate materials off an assembly line and sweeping.
Calm and Fast
Material Handler, Leader, Burner (Former Employee), West Chicago ILAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch before holidays
Cons: short breaks, low pay rate at the beginning
Use to be sitting in front of a nearly 500 degree burner to pull chips off electronic motherboards and you learn different chip companies and the co-workers do their fair share and the hardest part is when you burning a thick motherboard takes long and you get burned from the heat and the enjoyment is there wasn't almost of lifting and moving around – more... just put the boards wait for them to be ready, you can read and just have thoughts in your mind. It got different when we started receiving a lot of stuff and run out of space so we had to work overtime and it was nice and fun but it wasn't as use to be and the manager pullout and left so did everyone in that department – less