SIMS

SIMS Employer Reviews

Great benefits
Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: night job
Interpret judicial documents and enter data into Jail Management System (JMS). (LAN and JMS – use computer).
Handle customers either in person or on the telephone. (Multi-line phone system). Process, handle, and account for monies or negotiable paperwork in Bonds &Fines Office. (JMS, LAN, & IFCS – use computer).
Operate multi-line telephone system to – more... provide informational services to the public and criminal justice agencies. (JMS & multi-line phone system).
Train new staff and conduct remedial training as needed or assigned to these duties. Maintains records of training. (Use computer).JMS-use computer.
Process and schedule inmates to court and enter data in JMS. (JMS – use computer).
Prepare statistical data for reports, admin inquiry reports, memos and other correspondence as requested. (Use LAN). Process inmate releases in the Inmate Release Unit (IRU) and complete release checklist. (JMS-use computer).
Work in the Victim Notification Unit (VNU) to contact and process victims who “opt in” when defendant is in jail. (JMS-use computer).
Experience to work in the Quality Control Unit (QCU).providing quality assurance to detect and correct data errors in JMS. (JMS & computer).
Perform the job essentials of an Administrative Assistant 1 assigned to the SIMS Division. (JMS, multi-line phones, computer). Be present at work site to perform assigned tasks at the times and dates assigned/scheduled by supervisor. – less
Free flowing work place
Shipping Foreman (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: management
This job is very repetitive with a lot of unhappy employees; not challenging at all.
fishing swimming camping
Insulator helper/painter blaster (Former Employee), ALAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good people to work around
Cons: i wish they didnt layoff
I enjoyed working for Sims and Donald .The company has a lot to offer
Atmosphere of companionship and teamwork
Platform Officer (Current Employee), Mayagüez, PRJune 26, 2013
Professional environment that offers quality service to customers and where we try to help each other to ensure reaching the goal not only personally but as a team.
Fun
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 11, 2013
Loved my co-workers because we were more like family. I enjoyed the fast pace environment and the new challenges we faced with various clients every day
Same as previous
Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2013
Same as previous, was employeed with Walgreens. They encouraged advancement within.
Interesting Company to Work For
Coordinator (Inventory Manager) (Former Employee), Dunedin, FloridaSeptember 24, 2012
I worked closely with vendors and at times individual customers to ensure the store I was in and the surrounding stores were always in stock with the items that people wanted and needed. I worked with vendors and brought the inventory down to a level of near non-existent overstock and worked to decrease costs and increase profitability.
Creating a dream
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2012
Joined a company while they decided to create and follow a dream. I stuck on with the company until they closed their doors.
Fun employer.
WC Medical Only Examiner and Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAApril 30, 2012
Great opportunity to handle over 800 Medical Only Claims for a major account in Northern California.
Productive and exciting environment
Credit Controller (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hardworker
A highly competent and dedicated individual with good communication skills. Good
problem solver and a team player
Good learning
Sales and Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Norwood, GPNovember 22, 2013
Pros: office lunch
Cons: uncertainty, silo's
I valued being a part of a company that makes a difference the most , The Mission " To Grow" , what ever we did was to grow. That inspired me , sadly the mission is not shared by all! I enjoyed the challenge to understand the customers expectations , if we plan to Grow then we all benefit. My team inspired me and challenged , it was not easy managing – more... the expectations people had of me. Due the size of the company , it did feel like we were on an Island and fighting for survival , but in the end we would always succeed whether we failed. I enjoyed the customer feedback the most , when we delivered beyond expectation. Recruiting for the business was the highlight , finding talent , potential talent and the right culture. Developing and seeing people grow , in the team, working with great people around me. – less
A day in the life of a SIMS consultant
Category Manager / Shelf Optimisation Specialist (Current Employee), South AfricaNovember 1, 2013
Consultant
Building and maintaining relationships with key clients
Assist client with category assessments, compilation of consumer, distributor, supplier and competitor data.
Assessing client needs and preparing presentations to clients
Preparing proposals for clients
Preparing service level agreement for clients
JDA Intactix Suite software installation
Training – more... and assisting clients to use JDA Intactix Suite

Shelf optimisation specialist
Prepare and maintain client’s databases
Product library containing product attributes, i.e.: SKU (barcode), detailed product description, category, sub category, height, width and depth
Image library (photograph each product and resize)
Link SKU with each image
Designing accurate planograms in JDA space planning for brand manager / key account manager
Determine correct assortment from EPOS data
Ensure merchandising standards
Ranging according to sales, movement and profit using EIA (Efficient Item Assortment)
Importing EIA data into planograms

Design reports according to client’s needs using JDA Space Planning and Field Informer (i.e. Growth variance trend analysis)

Category Management
Using JDA Intactix Software, analysis, recommend and assist various divisions in defining strategies for:
Increasing market share
Product placement based on consumer behaviour
Developing assortment tactics
Optimising promotional efficiency (Marketing)
Improving merchandising
Ensuring planogram integrity and improvement

General
Identify clients
Analyse strengths & weaknesses
Seek opportunities in the defined category
Highlight gaps vs. the competition
Quantify the client’s category performance, volume, and profit and market share down to individual SKU level
Assistance with forecasting
Reducing unnecessary stockholding by giving the client a clear indication of:
Forward share
Days of supply
GMROII (Gross margin return on inventory investment)
Assortment Analysis

Applied skill set: Ability to disseminate and present complex information into a variety of ways to facilitate decision-making
Working collaboratively with sales teams, product teams, channel marketing managers to accurately report data to various internal and external constituents
Preparing analysis and presentations for sales management, including category management, business reviews, weekly sales analysis, ad hoc analysis, and, if necessary, quarterly budgets.
Preparing financial forecasting, sales and inventory reports
Recommending creative strategies for SKU rationalization, buy pack size, display pack size, merchandising, packaging, messaging and display locations, basing all recommendations on quantifiable analysis

Client Portfolio: Coca Cola
Pick ‘n Pay
Massmart (Game, Macro, Dions, Builders Warehouse)
Plascon
Nandos
Simba
Incredible connection
Cashbuild

Achievements: Management of the Pick and Pay shelf optimisation project in 20 stores in the Western Cape. The project entailed creating an exact copy of the shelves in store on computer with all products and the attributes, (product name, category, sub category, height, width, depth, brand and manufacture), creating the realogram, consolidating the database and ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data. I was tasked with recruiting and managing 12 casuals and trained them to use the space planning software to create a detailed and complete database of products in the stores. I completed the project with 92% accuracy and one week ahead of schedule.

Managing the Incredible Connection project of redesigning their shelf space and inventory. The aim was to increase sales and reduce unnecessary stock holding whilst merchandising products in a more scientific manner to meet customer demand. We ran a pilot project at one of their stores with the following results:

 Increased overall sales ranging from 5 – 50 percent
 Increased category sales by 50 – 100 percent
 Maximized profits with tailored, localized assortments
 Boosted market share for emerging and prevailing brands
 Increased competitive edge by quickly responding to market changes
 Decreased inventory costs by as much as 40 percent
 Reduced markdowns, shelf overstocking and stock outs
 Realized annual savings by eliminating excess fixtures from new store setup orders
 Cut floor space and layout planning from 6 weeks to 10 days
 Saved over 100 hours per week in merchandising execution and category management review
 Lowered costs and increased efficiencies by distributing planograms and communicating product placement – less
Senior System implementation engineer (Current Employee), delhiFebruary 23, 2013
Total 4.8 Years (+) of rich exposure as a Senior project implementation engineer in Wipro Infotech with expertise in Network, Security, Designing, implementation, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Security and Voice networks with excellent skills of different vendor products, advance technologies and customer handling, – more... Works closely and effectively with all levels of project/productivity requirements. Demonstrates commitment to skills and team work through positive contributions in work, enhancements and support. – less
Great place to work.
Receptionist / Administrative Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: no cons.
Very busy work atmosphere and I learned lots of office work. Manager and staff was very helpful. The day was all balance out working. Enjoyable part was when they thank me for my work.
ambiente
escolta motorizado (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNJanuary 22, 2014
trabajo bajo presion y cumplimiento en todas las labores asignadas,y