SIMS Employee Reviews in United States

need better direction from ownership would help this company grow
Hired and trained sales reps (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2015
The company has a quality product to sell but has a problem holding on to good sales people They need better direction from ownership to help the business grow as it has stagnated for a number of years
Sims
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 23, 2015
 Ensure that incoming materials are suitable for production.
 Ensure that specification and quality procedures are followed during the inspections of parts and processes.
 Assist in various Recycling Events assuring my assigned area meets the proper product requirements for its selection.
 Ensures and train personnel on practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards.
 Assist in implementing LEAN (5S) process and trained personnel.
Work life at Walgreens
System Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 2, 2016
I have been in the retail industry for a better part of 30 years, I am very good at what I do but the time has come for a change in careers. A typical day for me at Walgreen's would be customer service, stocking merchandise, checking inventory status of merchandise, price changes, cash handling, merchandising.

I have inquired a vast knowledge of the variety of merchandise we carry, especially in the OTC (over the counter) medications.

The management team for Walgreen's varies, they switch managers around from store to store every few months or years. I have had some great managers and some not so great ones. Some of the managers there are just there for a paycheck and to be a body, while others are there for this is their career.

My co-workers are some of the best people I have met, and I have formed life-long friendships with, there are a few there that have no clue on what they are doing, even after you explain it to them a few doesn't times.

The hardest part of the job is the physical aspects, not as young as I use to be, so being on my feet all day takes a toll on ones body,

The best part of the job is when I get to form relationships with my regular customers, I get to see them, know them by name, get to know their families.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
policies changing all the time... use to be a more family run company... has become too corporate, they don't seem to care about the employees too much anymore
Interesting Company to Work For
Coordinator (Inventory Manager) (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FloridaSeptember 24, 2012
I worked closely with vendors and at times individual customers to ensure the store I was in and the surrounding stores were always in stock with the items that people wanted and needed. I worked with vendors and brought the inventory down to a level of near non-existent overstock and worked to decrease costs and increase profitability.
Atmosphere of companionship and teamwork
Platform Officer (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJune 26, 2013
Professional environment that offers quality service to customers and where we try to help each other to ensure reaching the goal not only personally but as a team.
fishing swimming camping
Insulator helper/painter blaster (Former Employee) –  ALAugust 19, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sims and Donald .The company has a lot to offer
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
i wish they didnt layoff
Fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 11, 2013
Loved my co-workers because we were more like family. I enjoyed the fast pace environment and the new challenges we faced with various clients every day
Creating a dream
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2012
Joined a company while they decided to create and follow a dream. I stuck on with the company until they closed their doors.
Fun employer.
WC Medical Only Examiner and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 30, 2012
Great opportunity to handle over 800 Medical Only Claims for a major account in Northern California.
Free flowing work place
Shipping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 8, 2014
This job is very repetitive with a lot of unhappy employees; not challenging at all.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management
Same as previous
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2013
Same as previous, was employeed with Walgreens. They encouraged advancement within.
Great benefits
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Interpret judicial documents and enter data into Jail Management System (JMS). (LAN and JMS – use computer).
Handle customers either in person or on the telephone. (Multi-line phone system). Process, handle, and account for monies or negotiable paperwork in Bonds &Fines Office. (JMS, LAN, & IFCS – use computer).
Operate multi-line telephone system to provide informational services to the public and criminal justice agencies. (JMS & multi-line phone system).
Train new staff and conduct remedial training as needed or assigned to these duties. Maintains records of training. (Use computer).JMS-use computer.
Process and schedule inmates to court and enter data in JMS. (JMS – use computer).
Prepare statistical data for reports, admin inquiry reports, memos and other correspondence as requested. (Use LAN). Process inmate releases in the Inmate Release Unit (IRU) and complete release checklist. (JMS-use computer).
Work in the Victim Notification Unit (VNU) to contact and process victims who “opt in” when defendant is in jail. (JMS-use computer).
Experience to work in the Quality Control Unit (QCU).providing quality assurance to detect and correct data errors in JMS. (JMS & computer).
Perform the job essentials of an Administrative Assistant 1 assigned to the SIMS Division. (JMS, multi-line phones, computer). Be present at work site to perform assigned tasks at the times and dates assigned/scheduled by supervisor.
benefits
Cons
night job