Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Junior High Level Mentality
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2018
I have worked here for over a year. There is a lot of unprofessional behavior amongst my co-workers that goes unnoticed or ignored. Accountability is inconsistent from management. There is no loyalty from management for your effort. Facility is dirty. Proper English is replaced by slang to excess.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Rough neighborhood.
Years Behind the Curve
Cisco VoIP Administrator/IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Because of strained resources, work days were extremely long. No clear vision for the company. No progressive thinking at the top level.
The staff are great to work with.
Interesting place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2017
The hospital does good work.The doctors and nurses are great at making the patient a priority. Despite the financial status of the hospital, the staff remains optimistic.
Productive and challenging
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schwab Inpatient Acute Rehab , ChicagoSeptember 24, 2017
Working at Sinai Health System was rewarding . Challenges made me use critical thinking to approach solutions. Help is always available if needed .. Leaders provides and encourages staff education and tools for
Patient care as well advancement.
They are strict with attendance , follow rules and implement what is defined in that rules with out any reservations.. Your job is secured as long as you are productive and follow the hospital policies and guidelines.
Volunteer
Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Every day was a different day. It was enjoyable and I learned new skills from every department I worked. I met new people and learned from them.

I learned new systems, software and equipment.
Pros
everything
Sinai
Certified Medical Assistant/Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
My first real job. Learned so much, much of these skills I still use today. I the salary was not competitive nor was it fair. I had went a year without any merit increases due to budgeting issues.
a day at sinai
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
i love working with people, my career is in the health field. the hardest part of my job is asking others for help and having to see people hurt. i enjoy my job because im helping people thats what i signed up to do.
Pros
i get to work with people
Cons
n\a
Leadership is not focused on actual improvement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
The clinicians are very focused on delivering proper care to patients, the management is not focused on supporting the clinicians. The Revenue Cycle Office is ineffective.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Organization lacks focus
Great mission, but financially challenged.
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJuly 4, 2017
The organization's service oriented mission is laudable, but its years long, seemingly intractable financial decline and loss of patient volume have resulted in run down facilities, staff turnover, and waves of layoffs. They plan to close their children's hospital in a few months, which probably means more layoffs.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Financial issues, staff turnover, lack of job security
Cut-throat, status quo environment
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
Don't even bother applying, it's that bad. CEO has anger issues, everyone is in constant fear of losing their job, employee turn around is extremely high. Upper management, directors, managers included, no one is safe. People lose their jobs at the drop of a hat after a single complaint. Safety is a major concern, there are shootings right outside the building.
Great physicans to work with in a city hospital
Phoenix Physician Services - Division (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Sinai Hospital in Chicago was a poor hospital located in the heart of the city. Their budget constraints were always on their mind because their two major incomes came from Medicare and Medicaid . Private donations was at a minimal. Despite the financial part, the providers worked hard to take care of their patients in the ER and on the floor. The dedication was always evident. Loved working their as their coding manager on the physician side.
19 years later
Lead Watch Commander (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
After working there for over 19 years the company decided to lay everyone off no worrying security depart was just ax thank the new president who wanted to change the face of Sinai if you know what I MEAN
Dedicated and caring front line caregivers
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
The days go by very quickly, always very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving "thank you" from patients daily as well as co-workers. Great team work.
Pros
Variety of shifts available
Cons
Challenging area to get to
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
the workload is heavy and keeps you busy. It's a teaching facility and so much to learn. I work from home and meet with the team probably twice a month. I worked here also during the start of my career. Staff and managment methodology in resolving cases etc has changed drastically but change is good, I think.
Pros
Industrious environment
Cons
Reserved team
Fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2017
Great staff great managers great customers great place to work fast pace never dull joyful respectful awesome place where you enjoy working and helping others
Productive and fun workplace. Staff was friendly
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Staff was friendly. Learned client server environment. The hardest part of job not being able to learn new areas within organization to advance within organization
Love the mission and love the people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2017
If you are interested in serving poor and disadvantaged communities, come to Sinai. People come to work here for the mission. The CEO and leadership team really care about the staff and patients. It is not a big, rich hospital, so if you care about pretty artwork and fancy statues, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Ability to really make a difference
Cons
Old buildings, rough neighborhood
Great mission, but poor execution
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Great mission, fair compensation, and decent benefits. Sadly, it's a revolving door of employees. The good ones move on after seeing pain points aren't addressed. Management will need to improve in order to lead Sinai towards being a great organization that can continually deliver great service.
I believe in Sinai mission.
Facilitator, GPO Affiliate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Sinai but is truly disappointed my job was eliminated. I will miss job, affiliate members and my co-workers.
No opportunities to grow in IT
Network Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Teams provide no growth or escalation of your career; very restrictive. No career opportunities in other IT departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Sinai Health System Reviews by Location