Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Employee Reviews in United States

Summary Opinion
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day is pretty busy, I have learned a lot of the years and have gained a lot of experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction and appreciation for the care they have received and collaborating and supporting my coworkers. Management in my opinion can do more skill wise, the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and the long hours and tedious tasks that keep us from providing high quality patient care.
Team Work
Telecom/Emergency Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
A customer is most important visitor on our phone as well as premises. Customer Service means finding the best solution for each customer, quickly,correctly and with a helpful attitude. Typical is to answer over 500 calls as well as Emergency call for all of Liferidge Health and subsidiaries. As being a part of the Telecom Emergency/Operator team has taught me how to deal with possible life and death situation which also the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team, I think everyone is uniquely different which makes a great team.
Pros
Great Schedule 7am to 3pm
Cons
Compensation
Highly motivating and professionally stimulating work environment with values and vision for diversity and personal and business development.
Lead Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Pathology DepartmentMarch 9, 2015
Everyone is always busy doing their tasks.
Management team is motivated and show passion for growth and continuous improvement of services
Great working environment layout
Work hard to recognize culture and diversity of people, places and values
Pros
benefits and diversity
Cons
changing times for a changing world
safe and fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2015
very good place to work, nice people and very helpful. the work hours are great and the holidays are great too. they teach you a lot of things that will help you with your job.
Pros
nice benifits
Cons
not alot of over time
Very pleasant atmosphere
CARDIAC CATH LAB SECRETARY B (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 11, 2016
Opportunity to further educate yourself was always suggested. Very pleasant atmosphere. Excellent patient care. Always looking for ways to improve patient care. Lots of employee insentives.
Pros
loyal to employees
Selfish organization
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2016
This organization only care about how they profit. They will never put their staff into consideration when making plans. I wonder how they stay magnet
My favorite place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2016
I love working with children in the medical field. I enjoy seeing and helping others and being the first smiling face the patients see.
Very Disappointed
Team Leader Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJuly 7, 2015
my typical day at work its busy in the morning then afternoon work is very slow. Learned to stay focus. Management is the worse. Co workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job is just being there. Most enjoyable part of the job is almost time to go home
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
management
Work Day
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2016
Busy in the ER. It's a Level 2 Trauma center. But, it allows for skill building and teamwork! Excellent place to start my career.
Always Changing
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2015
Sinai Hospital offers great benefits to its employees, but these benefits are subject to change or elimination without notice. Sinai tries to keep the employees active within the hospital and outside, holding many fun events for staff and their families.
Would not recommend anyone work here unless a college student
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day is either a hit or miss. It could be busy or it could be calm. Everyone there treats you like dirt because you are a transporter. If you get in trouble and it isnt even your fault your own manager wont even take your side
unorangized
Dietary Aide/Dietary Hostess (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2015
i can't say much overall it was time to depart, long and stressful. always short staffed. my co workers were immature. the job itself was easy. interacting with the patients and family members.
Pros
Cons
unsafe
Great place to work, just disorganized
Floor tech/Housekeeper/Supply Stock (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2014
Sinai is a great hospital to work and grow at. The environment is warm and welcoming. Everyone from all race and cultures come together to create a peaceful work place. The hardest part of my job is, knowing whats your task for the day. My department "Environmental Service" is very un-organized. You might start your day housekeeping; switch units hours into your day to cover another unit; switched again to do floors. The instability is draining and nerve racking. management has also had many occasions where workers hours were missing from their check causing employees to lose money.
Pros
pay for school, you can move around inside the hospital to improve work experience in other departments.
Cons
pricey food, expensive health care, unorganized management, unprofessional managers
Horrible
Professional level employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2013
Horrible culture, values and management. Hostile work environment. As with the review from the EVS employee, even professinal level employees are treated like children, bullied and disrespected. I have never been in such a horrible work environment. The benefits are expensive and you are limited to seeing Lifebridge doctors (not the best), they have a real racket going with that.
Cons
all
A very productive place of business
Perioperative Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2013
Each day at work is pretty decent, however there are times when unexpected emergencies or understaffing can cause dilemmas in the schedule. I have learned great multi-tasking skills due to incosistencies from certain physicians or superiors from time to time, or busy pace at other times. I currently work evening shift and my co-workers are more like family than associates. My manager is very approachable, so I can confide in her without fear or intimidation. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference in someone's life in many possible ways.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, poor raises
workplace was conducive
Radiology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
exciting place to work (emergency dept.) . co-workers like to teach. working night-shift was the hardest part of the job(4years)
Pros
being a first responder for emergent care
Cons
night-shift no room for change
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore - Maternal Fetal Medicine is a pleasant atmosphere, but inconsistencies and only a 1% yearly increase are upsetting.
High Risk Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2013
Fast-paced, high risk OB patient load in the Dept. of Maternal Fetal Medicine. The Perinatologists are very informative and enjoy teaching. The newest techniques and information is introduced to the staff regularly. Our staff has strong personalities, some of which you may have to adapt. I enjoy coming to work and we all work as a team to get our patients seen and satisfied once they have completed their exam. The hardest part of the job is keeping on a perfect schedule because of patients routinely coming in late for their appointments. Also a huge disappointment of the department is how much inconsistency is within the department whether it's a rule each day or that it may vary with different employees. After much time and dedication to the department, a 1% yearly raise is insulting.
Pros
high tech equipment, excellent perinatologists, beautiful work environment
Cons
inconsistency with standards/rules of the department
Great place to Work
Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenspring Cafe'November 16, 2013
Friendly Staff
Beautiful Environment
Easier transition to other departments for internal employees
PRNs receive no benefits even though they most likely would be working par time and full time hours
FREE Parking
Pros
friendly staff/environment, free parking, kosher meals if wanted, pays okay
Cons
no benefits for prns, pricey food, raises aren't even that much
productive busy ICU with trauma patients
Travel RN to per diem staff in ICU (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
This is a real ICU in the sense that all patients have arterial lines placed by the expert Respiratory Therapists. I have not seen any other places I worked where there are expert RTs.
I like the skills day when staff get to practice the different procedures done in ICU
Pros
good plkace to work/ good experience
Cons
uses a lot of agency/registry nurses at the time i was there
Great Operating Room staff with dedicated and caring people
Perioperative Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2015
A Magnet certified organization that cares for it's employees. A strong emphasis on education and self-governance.
I loved working with the Operating Room Manager, we made a great team.
I also enjoyed the problem solving parts of my job that allowed me to research solutions to current problem issues in the Operating rooms.
Interacting with all level of perioperative staff was very rewarding and help contribute to the team feeling with the operating rooms.
Pros
structured orientation provided by Education Specialists
Cons
need to work overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. Our community is ready to answer.

Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Reviews by Location