Sinai Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & always meeting new people
Decontam Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
Sinai Hospital is a very diverse hospital & I am blessed to learn from other diverse backgrounds. The patients there are very nice and the interaction that we have with our patients are great. I like the fact that Sinai Hospital is always expanding, there was a new wing of the hospital added just two years ago and there is more expansion taking place right now.
Pros
The job security is great
Cons
The culture needs improvement
A great place to work
Director of Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2015
A great place to work with awesome benefits. Sinai is a teaching hospital with talented physicians and caring staff. This organization has a rich culture is patient centered.
very busy, team nursing, med/surg, eye post op, gen surg, manual titration of CVP's and titrating fluids, manual IV drip infusion rates
Charge nurse, evenings (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2016
Team of nurse/CNA 12 patients or Functional Nursing. 60+ bed unit. Very busy, Time management always a challenge. Charge nurse on evenings. Paper charting and Med Card System. Good peers to work with. Hours to work good w/ excellent benefits
Ok Place to Work
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore,MDJuly 22, 2015
This job was okay, but the benefits were great and pay was great for entry level position. The management was nice and cordial.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Co-workers are sneaky and backhanded
Fast paced environment
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215May 24, 2016
Upon clocking in you are to report to the warehouse to gather your supplies to begin inventorying your assigned area. You have to do a lot of counting. The management is pretty fair.
Pros
Room for advancement within the hospital.
Cons
Not fully staffed
Bad Management
Health Information Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2016
The Director was very withdrawn and had little or no communication with the staff. There was no organization and no cohesion among management of various departments.
Pros
Staff were very warm and willing to accept change
Cons
Director was not in touch with anything that went on in the department
Productive and good place to work
Critical Care Technician (CCT) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is challenging and busy. I was able to work in a diverse community and gain satisfaction from helping others.
Friendly place to work
SECURITY CAPTAIN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Very nice work environment and customer service oriented . Management is understanding and shows compassion to employees. Management makes sure staff members are fully trained.
Pros
Company Picnics, Christmas Parties
Cons
Raises are far and few
okay
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2016
its good job it just wasn't the place for me to each it own @@@@@ it wasn't a complete bummer it gave me my starter in nursing. @@@@@@@@@ the atmosphere is otherwise very professional @@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@
No advancements
Pharmaceutical Technician/Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
Sinai hospital does wonderful things for patients and family but not there employees no room for advancement and alot of drama
Pros
HELPING PATIENTS AND TIME OFF
Cons
MANAGEMENT AND PAY
best job i ever had
Environmental service aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2016
I loved my job here.the people are nice and easy going. i had an our break with pay{ didn't need to punch the clock) and plenty of space to advance.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
nice place to work enjoyed people i worked with
Housekeeper /Furniture mover (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2014
A typical day was to arrive at work early so I could get my morning coffee and breakfast then my work day began at 7 am which at that time I would get a list of my duties for the day. I learned to work well in a hospital setting, management was very friendly and easy to work for, my coworkers were also friendly easy to work with and we worked well together, getting up so early otherwise my job was basically easily, the most enjoyable part of my job was just working with such good people and also keeping busy.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no benifits in my position
good staff nurses to work with but disappointing management team. Needs to recognize that family is as important as work as well.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2015
I started working at SInai 2008. During the first 2-3 years of me working there the staff morale felt higher and people were happier. I enjoy working the staff. Everyone helps one another and is very supportive as well. But after 6-7 years and after 3 nurse managers, I've felt that the unit morale has gone down a lot. I felt that there is no balance between work and family life. requiring us to do 2 on call shifts and moving our oncalls to different dates without telling us is completely unacceptable. This is the main reason why most of the nurses I've worked with left.
Pros
free parking, badge can be used in cafeteria, worked with exceptional people
Cons
not conducive for professional growth because of strict scheduling policies in the unit, too many oncalls requirement, moving staff schedule without asking first.
i love my Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2016
i love my job just was tried getting payed late. and the computer was always down.then the printer was down as well but other then that i love my job.
Nice place to work
Medical Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 22, 2016
It's a high paced place to work. My staff and physicians are great. We see approximately 70 patients per day. Despite the challenges, we always get it done.
Pros
Great staff
My Expierence at Sinai
Medical Secretary/ Surgical Poster (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 13, 2014
My expierence has been awesome! I work with a great group of people who enjoy what they do. I'm surrounded employees who have worked for this hospital for 5-20 years. The best part about this job is that they beleive in promoting from within and helping you reach your proffessional goals and my managers always express how greatful they are for the work that we do. I can honestly say I enjoy getting up going to work everyday.
Pros
schedule, positive work environment, co workers, benefits
Cons
pay
Extremely diverse
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2012
Working in a diverse place is very enlightening and it taught me alot about people. Some of the benefits are the promotion of healthy living, the hours and the diversity. The management isn't really supportive the way that they make themselves seem in front of others. However there isn't a hard part of my job because I love what I do.
Pros
promotion of healthy
Cons
management support
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2015
A typical day for me is usually busy, my unit is a fast paste unit where patients really dont stay that long they are in and out. I learned to multi task, and to be very patient because sometimes things get out of controll really quick. My management on my floor is awesome they listen to you and they are very cooperating. The employees at my job are all from different cultures and everyone gets along great. My hardest part of my job is trying to controll patients when they are tried and fed up and want to go home, so I have to try and help the nurses to keep them calm.
Pros
Sinai quikcharge, which allows us to spend money and it will get deducted from our pay
Cons
Health care is a little expensive
Challenging productive work days. Never dull. Great people to work with.
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2014
Constant learning environment which challenged you to strive for excellence in your work performance. Congenial work environment. Take care of business/caring co workers.
Pros
diverse work day/great benefits/cafe on premises
Cons
would like to have had more days of pto and room for advancement.
Very good youthworks job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2015
we was always using hands on tools and ive learned a lot and we used tools such as blow torches and chain saws digging bars shovels.
Pros
They always provided free lunch for us
Cons
We had 2 15min breaks and a 30min break