Sinclair Community College

Sinclair Community College Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment to work and be part of.
instructor (part-time) (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Many part-time teaching opportunities
Cons: Very few full-time teaching opportunities
Great, easy to communication with chairperson of psychology. Excellent facilities, very helpful staff. Both the downtown campus and various learning centers are well staffed with persons who know what they are doing. Friendly and considerate deans and managers of facilities.
Most rewarding job I have had
Adjunct Instructor II (Current Employee), Dayton, OhioJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: none
Sinclair is a fabulous and nationally known for their programs and being a sizable community college. I love the students and my co-workers. Seeing a student succeed is the greatest part of the job.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere to work in.
English Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 27, 2015
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Faculty is supportive, administration provides additional professional development, and opportunities for growth.
Productive healthy work environment
English Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: funds for personal copyingwork related per semester.
Instructing students in English research and composition. Lecturing for about 15 minutes, group and peer group discussions along with individual work for about 15 minutes. Writing prompts for students. Editing and grading essays along with feedback.
Two to three classes twice a week. Respond to email throughout the day and follow-up phone calls with students and co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of my day is seeing a student accomplish an assignment and the ability to articulate what they have learned.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Dayton OhioMay 26, 2015
I enjoy teaching at Sinclair. Many people to help you when you ask for help. Adjunct are at a disadvantage since they do not get the same benefits, but it is a great place to start and grow.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 26, 2015
Adjunct Clinical Instructor in both acute and critical care settings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is developing and providing clinical education and experience to students.
Wonderful group of people to work for and with.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 14, 2015
Set-up your dual computer screens with the tools to complete a customer call. Answer all calls with a smile throughout. Get each request completed efficiently without spending undue time on the call. Support your team with compliments, thank you's, and information as asked for.
For myself, the hardest part of this job was learning how to talk and type at the same time.
The most enjoyable part of this job was both the many customers and the team I had the privileged to work with.
Typical Day
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 11, 2015
I would Pickup and deliver mail/packages, sort interoffice mail; I also check in and delver packages for UPs, FedEx, and the USPS. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the teachers and staff were a joy to work with and they truly appreciate what I did for them.
Immense Opportunties for knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Temporary job
A great place to work at, with many opportunities to learn new tasks. The management was very friendly and always was there to help in times need and distress. For the most part there was no problems with the job.
Great enviornment for Student Workers
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Dayton, OhioApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, Great Managment
Cons: Often Slow
This job was a great job for a student who needed some money. We were able to work as a team to accomplish many tasks. I really enjoyed the management and the impact we had on the school.
Just an OK place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Just an OK place to work. Pay is on the low side. Benefits erode more and more every year. Very little advancement possibilities.
Flexible Hours, great people to work with
CSR/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 9, 2015
I learned a great deal in regards to customer care. Wonderful people to work with. Hardest part dealing with unhappy customers.
my review
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I teach beginning English Composition to freshman students; I implement successful strategies for developing rhetorical writing skills to college students using a variety of conventional techniques, including rhetoric, discourse writing, essay writing, portfolio compilation, and critiquing of essays. I also teach developmental paragraph and short essay writing courses to freshman college students. I am responsible for teaching successful strategies for achieving developmental writing to college students using a variety of conventional techniques, including management of composition and rhetoric, paragraph writing, and essay writing.
tutor fun
Tutor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: sense of acomlishment
Cons: hours varied widely throughout the day
educate students in problem areas and help student achieve success in their course. learned patience through teaching the needy students. enjoyed the position of tutoring.
Fun and exciting work place.
Security Informational Officer (SIO) (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 19, 2015
- Surveillance of the parking lot and campus.
- Taught me how to better communicate with others and how to find a resolution to problems that the students and staff encounter.
- Management works hard to keep the campus clear of any problems.
- My co-workers are hard at work keeping the lot and campus clear of any situations and help resolve any situation.
Sinclair Community College English Dept.
Adjunct Online English Instructor (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: high pay per credit hour, flexible schedule, job security
Cons: poor communication, poor scheduling within the english dept.
Sinclair treats their adjuncts exceptionally well: pay is high (for adjunct work), professional development is often paid, and there are opportunities for advancement. Management within the English Department is sub-par. There is not enough communication with adjuncts who are often left with last minute schedules, room changes, or textbook changes that can affect quality of instruction.
Fun place to work
Safety Information Officer (Current Employee), Mason, OHDecember 25, 2014
I enjoy interacting with the students and staff. Great managers and associates.
Easy place to work, fun coworkers
Office Assistant - Upward Bound (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 21, 2014
Pros: vouchers for lunch, good management, flexible work schedule
Cons: low pay
Easy work to handle, good office experience. Excellent coworkers
Great Place to Teach
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 24, 2014
Adjunct instructors at Sinclair are treated respectfully and provided opportunities for advancement. I have enjoyed my time here!
Energetic and positive professional with a strong background in facilitating information. Instruct people in college on how to use and gain proficienc
Adjunct Professor, Business Information Systems (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: time flexibility
A productive day would be to arrive to work, get settled, and hit the ground running because you never know what will come up. This way of working has helped me to provide good and positive customer service while meeting urgent and demanding requirements.

I learned that staying focused allows quality time to relax and interact with others. This interaction allows a positive community.

The hardest part of any place of employment, I believe, is when a person would realize that they would no longer be a good fit for a position or organization.

The most enjoyable part of any place of employment is to like what you do and where you work and work well with your teammates.

Karen O'Neal