Sinclair Community College Employee Reviews

Great college
Student (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 14, 2017
Sinclair community college is a great community college to attend to obtain an associates degree. I loved the small classrooms and the atmosphere that was delivered by my professors.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sr. Grants Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2017
The atmosphere at Sinclair is very welcoming to new employees. They have a great benefits package and nice employees to work with. There is nothing bad to say.
Pros
great compensation and benefits package
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 12, 2017
This was a good place to work, The people were friendly and the work fairly easy. However, the pay was too low. There was no chance for advancement. There was absolutely no job security. There was no support from upper management when problems arose with students. The students are largely catered to as if they were customers more than at other colleges or universities where I have worked previously.
Pros
nice
Cons
low pay, no advances, no job security
Excellent place to work and learn.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioApril 11, 2017
Excellent college. Good place to grow and learn. One of the best 2 year colleges in the U.S. Our department (Radiology) also had a high rating among two year Radiology Programs.
Pros
Good faculty
Cons
Limied terms restrict vacation time.
Educational surround
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 22, 2017
ringing out customers, directing customers around campus, providing service for students, creating and processing orders for faculty and students online and in store
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
not enough hours given for the work
Student employment not worth it
Groundskeeper/Recycler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 24, 2017
20 hours max a week doesn't even cover the amount of gass needed to come to work every day let alone the outrageous prices on books (even used book you would need to save for 3 months without spending anything).
Pros
You make your schedual
Cons
Libreal arts students are your lords and mistrisses
It was good for what it was.
IT assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2017
It was a simple but boring job were we basically just waited around for people to ask us for help with their computer problems. The pay was minimum wage and you could only work a maximum of 20 hours per week. Management was okay. I learned a few thing about Microsoft systems that I hadn't know previously. I was also a student at Sinclair so scheduling was no problem. The best part of the job was that we are allowed to walk around the library and talk to people outside of job related topics if we wanted to. The worst part was the pay.
Pros
Flexible, relaxed environment.
Cons
Pay was low and part time only.
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Sinclair is one of the state largest community college. The main campus has 19 building in downtown Dayton, OH with 5 satellite campus.

A typical day would include assisting students and faculty with classes. The office is very busy and it is front line for the students to meet with faculty or changes in classes. The students is the most enjoyable part of the job I loved helping the students.

The workplace culture in our department was like a family and we looking after each other. The campus was one that we helped each other.
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
lack of ability to advance in job.
Great job for a tight schedule!
Design tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2017
You're able to choose hours that fit to your needs.
Other staff is very helpful.
You're able to file a complaint about a client ( so long as there is a good reason ).
Pros
paid training
Cons
slight lack of communication
cashier in the bookstore
Part Time Bookstore cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 20, 2016
I liked working in the bookstore. I was able to help fellow students find their books and other supplies that they need. I would of stayed on full time if I could of.
I really liked working there.
Productive and Fun Workplace
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 1, 2016
Sinclair College is a leader in serving the outer communities. The campus offers and state-of-the-art classroom experiences. Excellent opportunities for faculty advancement
Pros
Campus, Labs, Center For Teaching and Learning
Math Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 18, 2016
Great experience tutoring students in a wide range of math topics. Learned how to motivate and relate to others quickly in order to get the best effort out of otherwise uninterested students.
Leadership Encouraged to Listen to Employee Surveys
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 15, 2016
The experience of working at Sinclair is very different, depending on job function and division. Some areas need major change, however leadership is either not privy to or not acting on employee feedback.
inspiring workplace
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction in being able to assist someone in the first steps to a brighter future. I work in the enrollment center and get the pleasure of inspiring and aiding students in the enrollment process and have often received compliments on our service.
Great work environment, with a fantastic group of men and women.
Sinclair Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45402May 18, 2016
The best police you will ever work with. I learned a lot about the backbone of what makes this country safe. Why we need to love our police more, and why we need to punish the police who take advantage of their titles more.
Stressful workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 24, 2016
Dealt with a lot of students, learned to be organized and assign roles to others, managers never trained anyone, loved my co-workers, hardest part was dealing with our bosses, and my co-workers made the job so enjoyable.
Pros
I was able to get very involved in my college and with other students
Cons
There was very poor management
Great place to work!
Lecturer II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2016
Sinclair Community College is a great place to work! I have enjoyed friendly and supportive staff, lots of valuable professional development which says that they care about people and students. I would recommend Sinclair to anyone!
Low pay, but very rewarding.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2016
While very laid-back, the organization was still very positive and essentially professional.

Hour-by-hour meetings with students keeps the day flowing, and if you have a very challenging meeting with a student, it allows you to regroup your educational tactics effectively, without getting bogged down.

Management presence was very minimal. But the people in management were good.

Coworker interaction was fairly minimal, as well. However, 90%+ were very supportive and helpful.

Hardest part of the job: Spending hour after hour with a student (this happened less than once every six months) but realizing that they should just drop the class they are taking.

Best part of the job: The best part was the time spent with students who wanted to learn. And that was 95% of the time.
Pros
Awesome job if you like teaching, Pay is ensured regardless of whether your student shows
Cons
$7.25 an hour, and no hours at the start of the term
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work! Sinclair has a excellent reputation throughout the community.

The office environment is fun. A lot of good people who care about higher education and helping others.

The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to students and parents regarding their college choice options.
Variety of departments and professors to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Awesome place to work for. I would still be working there today, if my husband wasn't transferred to Indianapolis, Indiana.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinclair Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4