SINCLAIR Employee Reviews

It was alright not bad
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Veyo, UTNovember 26, 2017
It was a very layed back work invironment, the work was easy. The people were alright to work with. The pay was decent for the job I had and the work that I did.
Nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sinclair. It was fun and had lots of things to do. I got to interact with customers and see regular people who came in frequently.
Fun work place
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy working at Sinclair. I feel they need better employees that don't make people feel unwanted. I work with some ladies that can't "keep it in their pants" so to speak and feel that they have to do everything because if someone else does it and its not how they want it they go complain to the manager. I'm used to working as a team not just a couple people do this and someone else does that.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJuly 7, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere and consistly busy and fun. Management very involved and easy to communicate with. Learned a lot about the management side of store. Inventory, cash balances, and deposits.
Pros
Free soft drinks.
Cons
Closing shifts were late
owner is a great man
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKNovember 10, 2016
a typical day at work was steady paced .
i learned great customer skills
Sinclair has the best customers
the owner is a great man to work for
my old co-workers were the best
the hardest part of the job would be balancing back and forth from drive thru to front registers .
the most enjoyable part of this job would be your customers
Pros
great cusomers
Cons
too many chiefs and not enough indians
Fast Paced envrionment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 1, 2016
Most important part of this job was customer service making sure every customer left with a smile. Even though I worked customer service for many years you always learn something at every job how to better serve your guests. The people I worked with were not very reliable and never wanted to do their work if they showed up at all. It was fast paced which I liked I don't like to stand around as time dragged. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and working with the customers.
Construction Company
CFO/CEO Secretary (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 13, 2016
Slow environment
Not much to do
CEO/CFO were great to work with
Company car
Not much benefits
learned to maintain the DMV and drug test policies
Aided in my education to get licensed
General Contractor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAJuly 3, 2016
I worked off and on over many years and its a job that gave me experience to obtain my Contractors License.
It varied in work from digging to all phases of construction learned many trades of skilled labor.
Pros
Worked on my own
Cons
I waited often many weeks to get paid
Best place I have ever worked, great people, great mission!
Management (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 24, 2016
For over five years I have never had any reservations about coming to work. I have never had concerns over job security, whether I would be treated fairly or whether I would have anything to do or not. This company has doubled in size during that time shows no signs of slowing. Trying to keep up with this growth has been difficult at times. It has also created management opportunities for people earlier in their careers than they might otherwise have, which is a chance to demonstrate their skills and desire. This is a learning process for them and like all of us they will make mistakes. In the end they have the best interest of not only the company, but their team. The ultimate goal is to develop their employees so they can move up within the company.

There are some amazing people working here. Diverse backgrounds and a wide variety of interests. People pull together here if there is an employee or an employee's family member in need. It is a fast-paced environment with no shortage of challenges. There are several company events each year including a summer/fall picnic and annual holiday party where bonuses are provided in addition to a prize raffle.

The hardest part to me is keeping up with the growth. There is no cookie cutter way to handle such growth so there is constant planning on how to expand, new areas to expand into, changing management/personnel structure and recruiting. Moving from a small company of under 100 people in 2011 to over 2000 in 2015 is a challenge.
Pros
2-paid breaks a day, vacation days, holidays, bonuses, opportunities for advancement, great people
Cons
Distance from Columbia
used to be good job before new management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKFebruary 2, 2016
for 4 1/2 years it was a good place to work. I learned alot from area manager. she quit new one took her place and it wasn't a good place to work any longer.
Pros
they worked around inportant scheduling
Cons
poor management
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Bethel, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Good and fun place to work. Lot of good co workers and good workers. Way under paid and are not treated fairly. Management needs a lot of work.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Differences with Manager
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2015
Really good work environment. Good customer base. Good co-workers. Terrible General Manager. Owner was very nice and understanding. Very low wages.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Minimal help during busy times
I ran my own bar. It was awesome
Bar Manager/Booking Manager/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Plenty of fun to be had when you run a bar. Tons of friends and regulars. Great atmosphere. I miss it a lot. Sad when it closed
Sinclair is a good company
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2015
Sinclair is a good company to work for but the one i was at was privately owned it wasn't bad but it wasn't the greatest it would have been better going through a corporate store than franchise store.
Sinclair
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 14, 2015
I don't have anything positive or negative to really say. I had a set schedule which was great, learned a bit of customer service, and some cash management. The pay was pretty bad, but every similar job has bad pay. I think the worst thing was getting a 2 week notice they were closing the store.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
pay, no benefits
great customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
Day to day we met the needs of our customers by providing great customer service and providing them with the great quality of or products.
Production Enviroment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Check Labels for any defects if any take the labels and replace them with quality labels.
Prepare product to be shipped to customer.
Help Shipping meet there shipping dates.
Pros
8 hr Schedule
Cons
No Advancement
boring workplace
full service gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 28, 2014
Sat in a shack and fueled cars that came in. Management was excellent but the work was monotonous. Worked alone
Laid back environment
Gas station attendent (Current Employee) –  Howard Lake, MNOctober 28, 2014
easy, complete a chore list every night, help customers, I really enjoyed working with the other employees, I had to make sure that the cooler was always stocked, make sure we had coffee ready for the day
An important Learning experience in my life.
CEO (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 17, 2014
I owned and operated the company and have now disolved it. So any review is moot.