SINCLAIR Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Bethel, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Good and fun place to work. Lot of good co workers and good workers. Way under paid and are not treated fairly. Management needs a lot of work.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Differences with Manager
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2015
Really good work environment. Good customer base. Good co-workers. Terrible General Manager. Owner was very nice and understanding. Very low wages.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Minimal help during busy times
I ran my own bar. It was awesome
Bar Manager/Booking Manager/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Plenty of fun to be had when you run a bar. Tons of friends and regulars. Great atmosphere. I miss it a lot. Sad when it closed
Sinclair is a good company
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2015
Sinclair is a good company to work for but the one i was at was privately owned it wasn't bad but it wasn't the greatest it would have been better going through a corporate store than franchise store.
Sinclair
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 14, 2015
I don't have anything positive or negative to really say. I had a set schedule which was great, learned a bit of customer service, and some cash management. The pay was pretty bad, but every similar job has bad pay. I think the worst thing was getting a 2 week notice they were closing the store.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
pay, no benefits
great customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
Day to day we met the needs of our customers by providing great customer service and providing them with the great quality of or products.
Production Enviroment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Check Labels for any defects if any take the labels and replace them with quality labels.
Prepare product to be shipped to customer.
Help Shipping meet there shipping dates.
Pros
8 hr schedule
Cons
no advancement
boring workplace
full service gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 28, 2014
Sat in a shack and fueled cars that came in. Management was excellent but the work was monotonous. Worked alone
Laid back environment
Gas station attendent (Current Employee) –  Howard Lake, MNOctober 28, 2014
easy, complete a chore list every night, help customers, I really enjoyed working with the other employees, I had to make sure that the cooler was always stocked, make sure we had coffee ready for the day
An important Learning experience in my life.
CEO (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 17, 2014
I owned and operated the company and have now disolved it. So any review is moot.
fun work place, employers and manager were great
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 9, 2014
i worked the grave shift. it was close to my apartment. the customers were awesome. sometimes the employers wont work in the cooler. the manager was awesome to work with. didnt meet the owner until a few week before i left the state.
Pros
just a 5 min walk to work. worked 10hrs for 4 days off 3 days did end of day reports.
Cons
when somebody didnt show up i had to stay even when ive been their for 10 hrs.
Not the best place I've worked
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOAugust 6, 2014
Typical day was just checking out at the register, authorizing gas pumps, cleaning, and closing down the station. I learned how to count down a drawer and fill out the bank deposit. Co-workers barely knew me. The hardest part was when I was by myself at night and trying to time manage myself to get everything accomplished while still attending to customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to speak to all kinds of people.
Pros
free food at the end of the night
Cons
not the cleanest building
If you like meeting new people all the time this is the job for you
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2014
You learn a lot about the people in this world, and maybe we shouldn't know that much.
Made new friends
Cashier and Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAApril 14, 2014
Start by greet the customer a good day.give them services. visit with see how things were with them. Good to work with. Fun to work with.To say good by when i left to start new job. To see all the friends I made over the years.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
cold out on the driver in the winter
I loved to work at sinclair
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 27, 2014
Working for Sinclair was a good job cause of the customers but the over all job was bad management and poor comunication skills cause the manager was not comunicating with her workers she would tell the customers what was going on. I know that not all Sinclair gas stations are not like that.
Pros
the customers
Cons
no health insurance, no breaks unless someone was there to cover. no comunication, no trust
helping mistreated kids
mantinanace (Former Employee) –  Woodville, TXJanuary 17, 2014
mostly making rounds thur out the building fixing brokeing windows/holes in sheet rock changing light bulbs/up keep of out side grounds
Pros
free lunch most of the time
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place with great customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lovell, WYOctober 8, 2013
Dealing with the public on a day to day basis was great. Working with management and coworkers was always a privilege. A great place to to be employed overall.
Pros
great amounts of customers, fantastic company
Cons
no set breaks, small family owned company
Meeting customers from all over the world.
cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  UTDecember 5, 2012
Meeting and getting to know customers from all over the U.S and various foreign countries. Loved the interaction. I learned how to work in bustling environment which I loved. I would arrive at work at 7:00 a.m. ending at 5:00 p.m. Learned a great deal from management and co-works, Got to be great friends with everyone.
Pros
free seasons pass. free lunches
Cons
cold with snow outdoors. not crazy about that!
Well kept and clean store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weiser, IDAugust 26, 2012
A day at work at Sinclair was usually busy, could be a very fun atmosphere to work at. I learned working at Sinclair was being able to do fish and game licencing. Managment was great for the most part. I love dealing with the owners. Coworkers were awesome, we became a family and help each other in and outside of work. The hardest part of the job was the upkeep on the lot during the winter. I love working with the customers and getting to know them
Pros
i only worked 4 days a week
Cons
the manager at the time was often hard to get along with
I enjoy work whit people
Tester (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 30, 2012
i love it nice place to work for and i like work whit the customer on a daily base