This position will serve Single Digits, Inc. customers by designing, provisioning and implementing Enterprise network systems to support our customer’s needs. In this technically savvy role, you will design, configure, implement and maintain Single Digits, Inc. Network’s High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) products, to include Routers, Firewalls, Gateway Servers, Ethernet Switches and Wireless Access Points, Cat5 / Cat6 Cabling, Fiber and other associated network components in a timely manner. You must be able to work with limited supervision. You may be required to work off hours from normal business hours to support network implementations.
- Work within the Single Digits Operations Project Team to complete projects efficiently and effectively.
- Design, Configure and Implement network equipment according to Single Digits Network standards to maximize our customer’s network and application throughput and performance.
- Work with other Network Lead Engineers and other Network Service team members to improve the network design, configuration, and implementation processes.
- Manage and update the HSIA related installation documentation, providing the AS-BUILT necessary to effectively support the customers HSIA equipment, pre and post installation.
o This documentation includes the network drawing prepared in Industry Standard Applications, Network Equipment port maps and trouble ticket updates on the Business Access Portal (BAP).
- Lead onsite Single Digits field technicians and/or subcontractors, as required, during the implementation process to ensure installations are completed on schedule and according to the Single Digits standards and SOW to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Test implemented networks to ensure optimal functionality.
- Survey properties for the installation of a HSIA Wireless networks, including but not limited to signal strength testing, evaluating cabling requirements, labor requirements, equipment needs, etc.
- Survey property for installation of physical layer component requirements and deployment.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Stay current on new technologies and changes in the industry.
- Willingness to travel on an as needed basis to include overnight stays. (10-15%)
- This position requires participation in the Network on-call rotation.
- Ability to interface with clients with a positive and confidant manner.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) with a customer focus.
- Expert Network administration and support skills. Fluent understanding of large network implementations, network protocols, and network topologies.
- Experience in complex, structured cabling jobs that include interior/exterior installations, terminating and testing Cat5/Cat6 and Fiber Optic cabling.
- Experience with configuring and installing Routers, Firewalls, Internet Gateway Servers, Layer2/3 Ethernet Switches and Wireless Access Points in commercial/Enterprise environments.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Excellent in troubleshooting complex problems in various network manufacturer equipment types.
- Basic IP Telephony and Network Monitoring Tools knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Experience with computers and software programs such as email, Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD and other Industry recognized applications.
- Great prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with WIFI Survey and Predictive Analysis Software and tools such as Air Magnet and or Ekahua Site Survey, Fluke WIFI Testers are a plus.
- A+, Network+, CCENT and CCNA are a plus.
- Employees must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 125 pounds.
- Employees must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
Graduation from an accredited four or two year college, university, or technical school with major course work in computer science or any equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge.
At least five (5) years related experience
Single Digits is a leading global provider of High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) management and support solutions, guest management software...