Single Throw, Inc.

Single Throw, Inc. Employee Reviews

I want more every day. Single Throw gives me more. Every day.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Wall, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: The workload is always creatively and intellectually demanding.
Cons: Never enough creatively and intellectually demanding workload.
I have dug ditches - proudly. I have cleaned gutters - proudly. I have waited tables - proudly. I followed - proudly and have led the charge - proudly.

I have done it.

I have earned a pittance and I have earned bucket loads.

I have succeeded triumphantly and failed miserably. And each experience, good and bad, has been an irreplaceable character-building endeavor because I want life to be a teacher.

Currently I work for Single Throw in a leadership capacity. As someone intimately familiar with what it is to work for thankless people and organizations, I can testify (as perhaps few others can) to the joy it is to work for this company. I can actually make a fairly strong argument, based upon my wealth of life and professional experiences, that Single Throw is the most satisfying business environment I have ever had the good fortune to work within. But I want to tell you why I feel this way, so you don't merely take my trite clichés at face-value.

The people I answer to expect extraordinary things from me. And well, why on Earth would I want to surround myself with people who want less? Why would I be satisfied to work for an organization that would accept par output from me? What would it say about the company's character if it accepted ordinary from its people?

Leadership never asks anything of me that falls outside my capabilities. And thankfully they also ask me to step outside my comfort zones, so that I remain sufficiently challenged. When I get it right, I am celebrated and rewarded enthusiastically. And when I happen to get it wrong -- and I do -- leadership – more... is there to constructively explain my error, the reach of its consequences on our ability to service the client and what needs doing to eliminate the mistake. In the 1.5 years I have been with Single Throw, leadership has reliably provided me a working environment that is demanding, yet fulfilling, and largely because it honors my intelligence with steadily challenging workload, tasks and projects.

Mentoring is never packaged inside finger-wagging rituals. Role-playing exercises and almost constant exploration into how we can improve comprise the mile markers of a typical day. Personnel are happy, supportive and ready to collaborate at a moment's notice.

But make no mistake: you will earn your chevrons through the many chances given to you to navigate complex situations. You will learn every day, sometimes at break-neck speeds. I have been given plenty of opportunities to shine (or fail) and all I ask of Single Throw in return is a chance to matter, a chance to confront circumstances that predictably call upon me to do something special with my career. And they do. Daily. But let's be clear: what I have done with those opportunities has always been entirely mine to decide.

I suppose I'm saying that if you want to blend in, punch a clock and submit pedestrian output, look to a potential employer that believes in you a whole heck of a lot less than Single Throw believes in its personnel. Because at Single Throw, the demands of the day directly reflect how deeply Single Throw believes in my ability to meet and exceed those demands. If you want to work where the rigors of your job are a daily manifestation of your employer's respect for your talents, submit an application.

There is an ocean of employers that don't have faith in me to do the amazing. Single Throw simply cannot be counted among them.

I have worked hard and smart and Single Throw has rewarded me.

I like to tell people this of Single Throw: all working here does is shine a light on what you already were before you joined the company: if you are astonishing, Single Throw will know it and act accordingly. If you're not astonishing, perhaps you will stand out in ways you'd just assume you didn't.

I've worked in the most hostile environments, as well as the most satisfying. I rank Single Throw among the most satisfying. And I'm certain I've earned the right to speak on matters of career and employer happiness. – less
Single Throw Values Employees
Employee (Current Employee), Wall, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: opportunities to handle large projects and management cares
Each day at Single Throw brings challenges that create new opportunities to learn and be a better professional. These challenges are what makes it a great company for individuals that are hungry to become exceptional marketers.

The agency environment is not for everyone. This company, like many other agencies, rewards employees based on performance which is all that you can ask for.

Here's the key to success at Single Throw: approach each day with the intention that you want to produce quality work and never allow complacency to grow.
Great Place to Work!
Department Head (Former Employee), Wall, NJApril 2, 2015
Pros: team environment, great location, hands-on learning, intelligent teams
I worked at Single Throw for 2 years managing a team of search marketers handing SEO and paid search, along with digital advertising campaigns. My experience at Single Throw was very positive, starting in a very small role, growing into a department head managing a great team of employees and interns over a two year period.
The management at Single Throw truly want to make your experience at work the best it can be by keeping the energy positive, giving deserving employees greater opportunities and allowing employees the chance to learn on the job to help them grow their careers.
Whether you are full-on in your career or just starting out, there are benefits for everyone. It is a great place to work for self-starters and entrepreneur-types who can take the lead on projects. Management, however, will always take the time to sit down with any employee and discuss any questions or concerns they have about working on a project to ensure the end result for the client is perfect.

Definitely a great addition to anyone's resume!
This was a horrible, toxic environment to work in with ZERO growth potential.
SEO (Former Employee), Wall, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: They were none.
Cons: Everything
There's not a single good thing I could say about this place. Management is unprofessional and immature. They promote based on favoritism and not skills and gossip is rampant. Employee turnover is sky high. Client turnover was sky high too. Staff suggestions are stolen and re-worded so upper management can take credit for the idea. Staff is continually shifted and restructured in order to fix issues. No one who worked there was happy. There was almost no room for growth. Nothing is transparent, and people will dance around issues because no one takes responsibility for anything. Everyone who's above you can "do your job better and faster than you". They regularly held people's job security over their head as a form of encouragement to work harder. Being told there's no money in the budget for raises was a common thing. They stalk you online while you’re an employee and will scold you for taking days off for things that aren't important. You get almost no vacation or sick days. Everyone gets treated differently, from certain people being able to work from home, to others showing up in jeans and sneakers while you're told to wear dress shoes and pants. Double standards are all over the place in every aspect of the office. The CEO doesn't know his own staff which admittedly is a hard thing to do considering there's about 30 people there constantly rotating in and out due to people quitting or getting fired every few weeks. But he was never there anyways.

Also HR was handled by the CFO (conflict of interest or what?) so don't expect a helping hand if you need something.

Add the fact that they're website is awful and their "marketing" tactics are completely out of date, I can't find one redeemable quality about working there.
Terrible place to work
Internet Marketer (Former Employee), Wall, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: They have casual Friday
Cons: Everything
Do not listen to any of the great reviews this company has been given. Working for Single Throw was a nightmare. I worked for this company for about 2 years and voluntarily left on my own. Employees at Single Throw typically quit or get fired after about one year because they do not want to pay their overworked employees anymore than a starting out salary. If you decide to work at Single Throw you should expect to work long hours and even work additionally at home after you leave for the day. The upper management are very young and have no idea how to run a company. The work environment is also a nightmare. There are two small rooms in which they cram about 15 employees in each. In most cases you will be back to back with someone and have to tip toe over people's chairs just to go to the bathroom. To sum it up you are pretty much packed in like sardines. The CEO typically has no idea whats going on because he is rarely there but will still point fingers, but hey whatever. Many of the employee's listen to music through headphones all day so do not expect to interact with your colleagues much, the rooms are typically very quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Also, don't believe all the "We're Growing!" stuff. If they are hiring for a job it typically means someone got fired or left. There is no opportunity for growth once you are at Single Throw hence why everyone leaves. The only upside of working at Single Throw is you will gain experience and be able to add that experience to your resume.
Great Work Environment & Opportunity for Growth
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Wall, NJDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great people, fun culture, great career growth opportunities.
Single Throw provides an excellent environment for growing your career and skill set in the fields of internet marketing, social media advertising and digital branding. The leadership team is incredibly knowledgable and are always staying of the cutting edge. If you thrive in an environment where no two days are alike and there's lots of room for growth, then this is the company for you.

For people who do not handle deadlines well or lack personal accountability, then you may want to look elsewhere. This is the type of company that breeds winners and sales hunters. However, if you're looking to build a successful career in the fields of internet marketing, digital media and sales, then I highly recommend pursuing an opportunity with Single Throw. It has truly been one of the most valuable experiences of my career.
Great company to grow your experience
SEM team lead (Former Employee), Wall, njOctober 16, 2014
Pros: holiday and birthday parties, office events and fun gatherings, open door policy, like minded staff
Single Throw is a great place to learn and enhance your skill sets. The overall setup of the company allows new, or less experienced employees, to be mentored and trained to reach new levels in their career.

Feeling a sense of personal success and accomplishment is a key factor in Single Throw's growth process. You also have the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table to help enhance your own department.

All in all, this company is good place to learn, grow and succeed. You are given the tools to pave your own path and the results are very rewarding.
NOT Recommended!
Internet Marketing Lead (Former Employee), Wall, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, occasional free lunches
Cons: unprofessional management, high turnover, no room for growth
This company is not a good place to work. Turnover rate is astronomical, the management gossips about employees and refuses to listen to employee suggestions. Whenever many employees leave at once, which is frequent, they "restructure" in hopes of fixing problems. In addition, the management department doubles as the HR department so there are no resources for employees to find help with any concerns.

It is a very stressful environment with almost no room for real growth. Senior employees claim that the company is always expanding and growing, but the truth is that employees are overworked, underpaid, and are unable to provide a quality product due to absurd time constraints. My advice for potential customers and employees would be to stay far away, this is a shady company.
Run for the hills.
internet marketer (Former Employee), wall, njSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: poor work/life balance, unprofessional staff, hostile environment
This place should have revolving door installed up front. For a company with less than 30 people on staff, about 20 people quit in just one year. Members of upper management are both unqualified and incredibly unprofessional which makes for an extremely hostile work environment. If you like having frequent panic attacks and puking on your way to work every day, this company is for you!
Don't bother applying here
Internet Marketer (Former Employee), Wall, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: upper management, poor work/ life balance, unrealistic expectations
A typical day at work was very stressful, with unrealistic expectations. When coordinators are overwhelmed, leads and upper management rarely jump in to help out. They do not value their employees and the turnover is astronomical. The hardest part of the job is reporting to people only a few years older than you. They were put in these positions without the proper qualifications and have poor management skills. Overall, the people you work with are great, it’s management that’s the main problem. Certain members of management should no longer hold the position of power they do.
Energetic Career-Building Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Wall, NJAugust 7, 2014
Pros: option to sit on workout balls instead of regular desk chair, free cookies food, birthday cards and goodies, company baseball games
I interned at Single Throw during the summer of 2014 and absolutely loved it. Other places I interned at gave me boring, repetitive tasks just to keep me busy. Single Throw Internet Marketing is a place unlike any other. Even though I'm young and just starting my career, my parents and other family members would always be envious about the experiences I shared with them while at Single Throw.

From day one everyone in the office made me feel welcome and much more important than the boring intern stereotype which I had encountered before. The upbeat work environment kept me motivated and eager to step into the office everyday.

With a variety of departments, the amount of knowledge that each employee has is tremendous. They were always willing to lend a helping hand to help me complete daily tasks and campaign projects.

I can not wait to graduate so I can have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position at Single Throw Internet Marketing. They gave me a huge steppingstone to kick start my marketing career.
One of a kind Internet Marketing company in NJ
Social Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Wall, NJJuly 20, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers, open door policy, holiday parties, good benefits, positive work environment
At Single Throw you are constantly learning! The staff is extremely friendly and creative. We are able to share our ideas openly. Working at Single Throw has been an amazing experience!
Gain valuable experience at a premier Internet marketing company
SEO Specialist (Current Employee), Wall, NJJuly 13, 2012
Single Throw is a great company to work for to gain valuable experience in the Internet marketing field. All of the employees are friendly and readily available to help. The open door policy is great for sharing new ideas and asking for help when needed. If you want to learn everything about Internet marketing then Single Throw is the place to be!
Expanding Marketing Company with a Family Feed
Senior Employee (Current Employee), Wall, NJJuly 13, 2012
Pros: company birthday parties, free lunches, ugly sweater contests during the holidays, thanksgiving lunch, christmas party, summer company picnic at blueclaws, competitions and contests with prizes all year etc. etc.
This is a great company to work for, not only is the culture great but room for advancement is promising as well!
Great Place to Work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Wall Township, NJJuly 12, 2012
Pros: open door policy, good benefits, breaks and vacation time, positive work environment
Single Throw has it all, a great environment, exciting work, and room to grow. Everyday I am able to not only learn something new but I am able to bring something new to the table. There is an open door policy here and our executives are friendly and encouraging. We also have fun sporadic employee events, an annual summer picnic at the local baseball park and a holiday party that's not your average company party!
Productive and fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Wall, NJJuly 6, 2012
Pros: positive work environment, long breaks, good benefits, open door policy
Single Throw is a great, fast paced work environment, where you are given the opportunity to be creative and learn new skills. Great, friendly staff and management team.
Positive work environment with room for growth
Social Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Wall, NJMarch 14, 2012
Pros: positive work environment, great health benefits, room for growth
Single Throw provides a positive work environment with room to grow and learn each day. Single Throw has excellent health benefits and values their employees.
Great Atmosphere & Co-Workers
Internet Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Wall, NJMarch 6, 2012
Pros: positive work environment, great people, great compensation.
I cannot say enough good things about Single Throw. The management is terrific; the atmosphere and attitude of employees is tremendous; the opportunity to advance and make money is unbelievable; and the reputation of Single Throw is unmatched. If you are hard working and want to part of a great team, Single Throw is for you.
Rewarding Cutting Edge Company
CFO (Current Employee), Wall, NJ 07719March 6, 2012
Pros: great people to work with and learn from, health insurance and other benefits provided
Single Throw is an award winning internet marketing company that prides itself on providing a comfortable and rewarding work environment. We have a policy of promoting from within the company and encourage employee suggestions and input.
Fun workplace with great growth opportunities
Social Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Wall, NJMarch 6, 2012
Pros: nice young staff, long breaks, vacation days, benefits, fun work environment
Working at Single Throw has been a great learning experience and a good time. I enjoy waking up for work every day, how many people can honestly say that?

About Single Throw, Inc.

About Us - Single Throw Internet Marketing Company A Brief History Single Throw Internet Marketing was founded in 2001—on – Read more

Single Throw, Inc. Photos