Director – Information Technology (Houston)
Singular Executive Search is a leading global executive search practice supporting multi-nationals. Our client is a US fortune 500 client; Due to the companies continued success and growth, there is a new opening for a Director of Information Technology to support their global operations.
Responsible for developing and implementing the long-term strategy for the company’s information technology infrastructure, including all systems, processes, applications, controls and security. This position is also responsible for creating the vision about how information, technology, communications, and back office automation will be used to further the company’s businesses.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the company’s IT department in a matrixed environment. Be an active member of the Finance and IT leadership team.
- Develop and implement the strategy for how information technology will be used to support and protect the company’s global business interests. Assesses IT implications of the business strategy, identifies opportunities to further meet business needs, and designs solutions.
- Liaise with Corporate IT group to ensure alignment of the company’s IT strategy and projects.
- Collaborate with company's and groups to support effective and efficient operations through the use of technology; establish the service model and deliver on the service level expectations for IT.
- Work with Internal Audit and Corporate IT to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect systems and information.
- Establish the systems and processes to ensure business continuity in the event of natural disasters, system failures, and other events which could disrupt businesses.
- Work with external vendors to maximize the company’s use of their support services. Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance.
- Oversee the selection process for individual tools and components.
- Oversee the development of IT policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure that the IT organization has people of the suitable caliber and skills to deliver the IT strategy and service level expectations. Ensure that IT resources are optimally located to support a growing global organization.
- Oversee the due diligence and integration of the companies acquisitions, and the separation of divestitures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Management experience with strong leadership skills
- Strong IT and Oracle background
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to drive and lead change collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- M&A experience is preferred
- Global IT organization experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of IT Auditing policies and procedures
- Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts, and methodologies.
- Technical understanding LAN and WAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (cisco IOS, HP OS, Riverbed RiOS), topologies (MPLS, Ethernet, Fiber optics, VLANs), protocols (TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP), and Wide Area Networking (Routing, Firewalls, IPsec).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting, system development, complex project management, knowledge of CISCO network.
- Experience with Citrix Virtualization, client/server technology and internet/intranets.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Singular Executive Search is boutique executive search supporting international manufacturers with their legal and finance needs globally....