Sioux Chief Manufacturing Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive work atmosphere
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  Peculiar, MOAugust 20, 2014
Comfortable staying busy each day. Learned stacking patterns for pallets. Logged activities during shift. Learned about the injection molding process. Grinded usable material.
Ever growing and prosperous company that cares about the employee
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Peculiar, MOOctober 8, 2012
I've been with Sioux Chief for 19 years. It's grown from about 50 employees to over 400 employees in that time. They care deeply about their employees and many co workers have been there almost as long as I have and have become family. They give bonus' once a year, company picnics each fall and give holiday's off with pay. Benefits are a plus. The hardest part of my job would be the tail end of the day when "mustships" are to be accounted for and made sure they have been shipped out the door. The most enjoyable part of my job is my Manager and my co-workers. They make work interesting. I commute 73 miles one way to work and feel it's time for me to find something closer to home due to the economy.
Pros
salary, benefits, bonus', paid holidays
Cons
my commute
This company had great benefits, and great people to work with. I learned a lot at this company and excelled in every job I was given.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Peculiar, MOOctober 3, 2012
I would go in at 7 and start doing department pulls and unload trucks in between all the other jobs I performed. I learned a lot with this company and excelled at every job given to me. Although, the management was very unreliable, hardly found them when needed most, so I made a lot of decisions on my own. My coworkers were awesome! Loved seeing them every day. The hardest part of this job was getting it all accomplished in a days time. There was a lot of heavy lifting all day long, more than half of my body weight. Very difficult but got it accomplished. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the Sioux Chief Family, had enjoyable dinners provided by the company.
Pros
very good benefits, insurances, 401k, profit sharing, dinners, award ceremonyies..
Cons
management was not good, no compensations for all responsibilities given to employees, bad communication between management and employees

2.7