Sioux Falls School District Employee Reviews

It is always a positive, encouraging, growth minded environment.
Career and Technical Education Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2017
I am a life long learner and enjoy the atmosphere that the Sioux Falls School District provides for the students and the staff.

The best part of the job is interacting with students on a daily basis. The staff all the way from custodians to Principals to Administration is always caring and professional in every school that I have had the opportunity to work in.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to help students beyond the classroom setting.

It is by far the best possible place to grow as an individual and as a team member.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
No work in the summer
flexible and fun
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  all schoolsApril 13, 2017
Perfect for the at home mom looking to make some money and still be at home with the kids when school is out. I loved helping children and being an advocate for them during school.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits, jump from school to school
Flexible
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 1, 2016
Can pick own days to work as substitute. Computerized call-out system to select jobs from. Pay is very low, but minimal supervisiochildren.n and great working with
A great place to work!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD 57105November 30, 2016
I have found the teachers and office staff to be very helpful in all my substituting positions! Great care is taken in all the schools to meet the educational needs of all students!
fun and nurturing place for preschool aged children to learn
Education Assistant - Anne Sullivan (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 28, 2016
Overall within the building I work there is staff support. The day goes by rather fast as you are busy teaching the children things that are necessary to their developmental growth.
Pros
holidays off with your children, day shifts, working with children
Cons
pay is not high enough to provide adequate family support
Subbing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 2, 2015
I worked at a variety of school and with many different ages of students. I implemented each teachers lesson plans to the best of my ability. I loved meeting and interacting with different students each day.
Sioux Falls School District
Early Childhood Teacher/ Roving Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 22, 2015
Awesome company to work for. Provides great benefits and easy to move up within the company.
Very fun place to work
Education Assistant for Special Education students (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 28, 2014
Never a dull day working in the school systems, very exciting and positive atmosphere.
It's a challenging and rewarding position.
Substitute Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 22, 2014
It's a very busy environment. I work all grade levels and at different schools. As a part of my job, I work with students with all types of disabilities. So sometimes working with students with behavior issues is hard. However, the job is very rewarding.
Pros
I like working with children.
Cons
I work on a substitute basis with no benefits.
Every day is different and enjoyable. Very rewarding!
WHS Substitute & STI Adjunct Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 13, 2014
This is a very rewarding place to work. Co-workers are very competent, caring, and helpful.