SIR SPEEDY PRINTING Employee Reviews

Productive, family-owned print shop
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2017
Management was a husband and wife team, that provided a fun, flexible atmosphere to work in, in the midst of a stressful, heavy workload, with tight deadlines.
Customer Service/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Typical day at work would be filing, answering phone, making copies.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. We helped each other out.

I learned a lot about printing jobs
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
this branch no longer in business
Copier operator, bindery (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 1, 2016
this was a part time job, taken after previous job was downsized. Typical quick print job, running copiers, working with customers at the front counter. Low pay and benefits.
As an outside salesperson for a print, signage and marketing vendor, it was my responsibility to bring new new business to my company.
Outside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 29, 2016
A day at Sir Speedy Printing in Cranston, RI was never dull! It was always fast-paced, filled with deadlines and constant pressure! It was a constant to bring in new business and it was done by prospecting, cold-calling, networking and referral marketing. My strongest skill was maintaining and building my customer base through strong customer service and understanding my customers' needs. My customer depended on me to suggest, express or propose ways to improve or enhance their product which I was happy to do! If I didn't know an answer to a question, I took the initiative to seek an answer or find the correct source to obtain the answer. The best part of the job was my relationship with my customers who became wonderful friends; many of 15+ years from my previous employment at PrintShops, Inc. in East Greenwich, RI which closed in 2014.
Pros
Working at a company rated in the top 100 in its classification in the United States.
Cons
Constant and never-ending pressure to bring new business to the company
Loved This Job
Admin Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2016
The atmosphere was great, company was great management was great and clients were great. Would love to work here again.
Pros
Cons
low wage
Productive and Fast Paced
Finishing Department/ General Shop Help (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2015
High energy deadline based print production with fast turn around from conception to delivery. Great Co-Workers. Good work atmosphere. Attentive and helpful management.
Office Experience
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 29, 2014
Management is tough and demanding. Co-Workers are a great team.
Pros
Quiet work enviornment
Cons
No room for career advancement
Productive and fun place to work
Pressman and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  green bay wisconsinSeptember 8, 2014
A lot of phone calls and emails

That suspects and prospects could all be customers

Great quality from the beginning of the job to shipment

Fun group of co-worker

Driving a lot of miles

Commission check
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
healthcare - boss
see resume
o Customer Service (Former Employee) –  EAST HANOVER, NJAugust 24, 2014
I worked the company and did everything from customer service, print jobs, shipping, etc. I was required to work independently.
Creative fun place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 26, 2014
Small business - printshop with a fun family environment. Employers seemed to care about their employees on a level unlike other places I have worked.
Pros
Great Hours -
Cons
No room for company growth
A strong, growing print franchise that is not afraid to try new things.
Graphic Desginer (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 9, 2014
The Bloom family owns and operates Stir Speeding Printing and Marketing of Westbury, NY. Their focus of growing their franchise, taking on new opportunities and giving customers a positive experience is underscored by their practice of "family first", for their employees and well as themselves. I was grateful for the flexibility they offered, while still utilizing my skills and encouragin me to learn new aspects of the print and design industry. I gained hands-on knowlege that I would have been hard-pressed to find elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible hours, large digital press and bindary experience.
Cons
Warehouse environment, no advancement opportunity.
Not so great place to work
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
Not a lot of steady work but they tried. The equipment wasn't well maintained.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
no work
bad management
Office and Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont IlJanuary 17, 2014
my day was mostly copying documents.no traing co workers were fun. JUob wasent hard
Pros
Cons
N0Training
Challenging mix of production work
Graphics Manager / IT (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 4, 2013
A typical workday included a diverse array of practical and technical challenges. Because of the unique requirements of some clients I was motivated to develop customized automation software to meet these requirements allowing for everyone in the department to be able to produce what would otherwise laborious and error-prone jobs. The management is realistic in their expectations from each employee. The hardest part of the job was balancing the workload when the company was particularly busy as some projects were very time consuming. The most enjoyable parts of the job were working with my colleagues as well as many of the clients.
The work atmosphere was not pleasant. Not performance based at all.
Customer Service Representative-Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2013
A typical day would include giving quotes on large print jobs, receiving print requests via e-mail, processing print jobs, taking phone calls, make sure print jobs are being processed in a timely manner, and organize files in storage area.

I had already had extensive experience in printing at this point. There was some new technology via e-mail that I learned to use. They had a customized print order process online.

The owner and manager hired me both seemed to be professional when I was hired. I was put under direct supervision of a woman who was very rude, overbearing, and unprofessional in her appearance and demeanor. This person did not appreciate my being hired to work with her. She stated it directly to me in front of the two who hired me. They asked me to work mostly on organizing their files since there was a large backlog of unorganized files.
I was happy to comply. As time went by it was apparent that they did not need another person for the position.

The hardest part of my job was that my supervisor felt threatened by my experience and professionalism.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I enjoyed helping customers and had a sense of accomplishment that by the time I left Sir Speedy I had completely organized their stored files.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Negative work environment
Productive work place
Office Clerk / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 22, 2013
A typical day at work was answering the phones, placing orders/ setting up invoices, data entry, updating files, making copies for walk ins, assisting with printing projects.
Pros
9-5, closed on weekends
Cons
no benefits
Focused and fun place to work ,were busy
DELIVERY AND PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Busy place to work, enjoyed coworkers learned lot about printing...Enjoyed delivering print to new places
Pros
easy lunch time when you needed
Cons
healthcare missing
Great Production knowledge gained
Graphic Artist / Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 11, 2012
Learned about the production side of design. Not music friendly. Quick turn around times on projects. Printing, cutting and prepping print jobs on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches on fridays, great co-workers
Cons
no room for growth, disorganized database, old computers and software.
Above reproach in professional business ethics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2012
A Christian, Christ Centered graphic design, fast copy and four color printer that was ingeniously connected to a world-wide network of Sir Speedy offices allowing global internet design, print and delivery of files at the speed of the internet. It was a personable family environment.
Pros
everyone was special. we were family
Cons
vulnerability to the rapidly changing technology
Plenty of work to do when it gets busy, that was always fun, but very boring when business was slow, not much to do when things slowed down
Head of Black & White Copy Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2012
A typical day at work was waiting around for invoices. I worked in a room with multiple machines that i was in charge of operating when work was available for them, and made certain all supplies were kept well stocked. I've learned plenty at this shop. From starting off in the bindery department, to working in the front portion of the store handling customer service quite well, to finally receiving a space all of my own where i was trusted to work on every task that was given to me immediately and worked through every job as quickly as possible, flawlessly. Management was okay at best. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a slow week. When it got slow, it was dreadful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIR SPEEDY PRINTING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9