SIR SPEEDY PRINTING

SIR SPEEDY PRINTING Employer Reviews

see resume
o Customer Service (Former Employee), EAST HANOVER, NJAugust 24, 2014
I worked the company and did everything from customer service, print jobs, shipping, etc. I was required to work independently.
Creative fun place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great hours -
Cons: no room for company growth
Small business - printshop with a fun family environment. Employers seemed to care about their employees on a level unlike other places I have worked.
A strong, growing print franchise that is not afraid to try new things.
Graphic Desginer (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, large digital press and bindary experience.
Cons: warehouse environment, no advancement opportunity.
The Bloom family owns and operates Stir Speeding Printing and Marketing of Westbury, NY. Their focus of growing their franchise, taking on new opportunities and giving customers a positive experience is underscored by their practice of "family first", for their employees and well as themselves. I was grateful for the flexibility they offered, while – more... still utilizing my skills and encouragin me to learn new aspects of the print and design industry. I gained hands-on knowlege that I would have been hard-pressed to find elsewhere. – less
Not so great place to work
Print Production Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: no work
Not a lot of steady work but they tried. The equipment wasn't well maintained.
bad management
Office and Production Manager (Former Employee), Rosemont IlJanuary 17, 2014
Cons: n0training
my day was mostly copying documents.no traing co workers were fun. JUob wasent hard
Challenging mix of production work
Graphics Manager / IT (Former Employee), Cranston, RIOctober 4, 2013
A typical workday included a diverse array of practical and technical challenges. Because of the unique requirements of some clients I was motivated to develop customized automation software to meet these requirements allowing for everyone in the department to be able to produce what would otherwise laborious and error-prone jobs. The management is – more... realistic in their expectations from each employee. The hardest part of the job was balancing the workload when the company was particularly busy as some projects were very time consuming. The most enjoyable parts of the job were working with my colleagues as well as many of the clients. – less
The work atmosphere was not pleasant. Not performance based at all.
Customer Service Representative-Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 17, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: negative work environment
A typical day would include giving quotes on large print jobs, receiving print requests via e-mail, processing print jobs, taking phone calls, make sure print jobs are being processed in a timely manner, and organize files in storage area.

I had already had extensive experience in printing at this point. There was some new technology via e-mail that – more... I learned to use. They had a customized print order process online.

The owner and manager hired me both seemed to be professional when I was hired. I was put under direct supervision of a woman who was very rude, overbearing, and unprofessional in her appearance and demeanor. This person did not appreciate my being hired to work with her. She stated it directly to me in front of the two who hired me. They asked me to work mostly on organizing their files since there was a large backlog of unorganized files.
I was happy to comply. As time went by it was apparent that they did not need another person for the position.

The hardest part of my job was that my supervisor felt threatened by my experience and professionalism.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I enjoyed helping customers and had a sense of accomplishment that by the time I left Sir Speedy I had completely organized their stored files. – less
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Office Clerk / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLApril 22, 2013
Pros: 9-5, closed on weekends
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work was answering the phones, placing orders/ setting up invoices, data entry, updating files, making copies for walk ins, assisting with printing projects.
FOCUSED AND FUN PLACE TO WORK ,WERE BUSY
DELIVERY AND PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: easy lunch time when you needed
Cons: healthcare missing
BUSY PLACE TO WORK, ENJOYED COWORKERS LEARNED LOT ABOUT PRINTING...ENJOYED DELIVERING PRINT TO NEW PLACES
Great Production knowledge gained
Graphic Artist / Illustrator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLDecember 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches on fridays, great co-workers
Cons: no room for growth, disorganized database, old computers and software.
Learned about the production side of design. Not music friendly. Quick turn around times on projects. Printing, cutting and prepping print jobs on a daily basis.
Above reproach in professional business ethics
Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2012
Pros: everyone was special. we were family
Cons: vulnerability to the rapidly changing technology
A Christian, Christ Centered graphic design, fast copy and four color printer that was ingeniously connected to a world-wide network of Sir Speedy offices allowing global internet design, print and delivery of files at the speed of the internet. It was a personable family environment.
Plenty of work to do when it gets busy, that was always fun, but very boring when business was slow, not much to do when things slowed down
Head of Black & White Copy Department (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 26, 2012
A typical day at work was waiting around for invoices. I worked in a room with multiple machines that i was in charge of operating when work was available for them, and made certain all supplies were kept well stocked. I've learned plenty at this shop. From starting off in the bindery department, to working in the front portion of the store handling – more... customer service quite well, to finally receiving a space all of my own where i was trusted to work on every task that was given to me immediately and worked through every job as quickly as possible, flawlessly. Management was okay at best. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a slow week. When it got slow, it was dreadful. – less
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Bookkeeper/Customer Service/Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLAugust 30, 2012
Great entry level position with good people, but there is no room for growth.
This was my first experience working for a christian company
Front Counter Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: they valued their employees
Cons: pay was minimum wage
The owner of this company was a christian family man and he exhibited christian values. he was the owner and he got his hands in there daily as the operator. I didn't know bosses could be this nice.
i found sir speedy a fun , productive environment with a great management staff
head pressman (Former Employee), 98 north Washington streetDecember 17, 2011
Pros: working in the north end
Cons: not enough time for lunch
A great place to work at if you like a fast paced quality orientated businesses where you can also increase your graphic arts appetite