Sirius XM Radio Employee Reviews

Competitive working environment that is fun, but low paying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 5, 2017
The most fun part of this job is that whenever you make a sale you would get to participate in an activity and get an option of a lottery ticket or candy as a little incentive. The managers are trained well on building successful sales associates. The head manager is a bit of a cutt-throat and the overly serious type, but the other managers are nice and caring individuals who are easy to get along with. The pay and benefits are extremely low tier compared to other sales jobs at only 8-9 dollars an hour and then going up by a couple dollars when you reach certain sales goals for the week at a max of $11/hour. benefits are not included in this position.
Pros
can space out your break over time instead of all at once.
Cons
No benefits offered, low pay, and no job security whatsoever
convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
It is an okay job very easy customers can be a handful at time but if $10 an hour can help pay the bills then why not. Management and schedules that are given out could be better
Pros
lunch break, discounts, benefits, insurance
Cons
management can be more organized
Entry Level
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Entry Level is less work. But once you land this job keep applying for opportunities. Keep your mind on the prize. Always take notes and never settle.
Pros
SiriusXM shines bright on your resume
Cons
Entry Level = Crums
Productive environment with room for grown
Senior Financial Accountant, Fixed Assets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I spent close to eleven years at Sirius XM and will miss everyone. Sirius gives all their employees the opportunity to grown and advance. I learned and grew immensely both career wise and personally. I would recommend anyone to work for SiriusXM
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Growth and Knowledge
Long ago
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
It's been a while since worked at SXM. When last I was there things were OK. but changes came and they changed fundamental responsibilities for various groups. The compensation and daily work life was pretty good.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Not so great lower level managers
Terrible.
Customer Service Rep. / Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
The pay was great but The management sucked. They find any reason to let you go. They take your commission check. They are crabs in a bucket. If you are doing bad they are happy.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Managment. Training.
felxible hours
Sales Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 29, 2017
It has flexible hours, you can learn how to build rapport with customers and to be a lesson, I only work directly with my manager no one else, you work by myself,
Fun environment, hands on learning, never boring
Program Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
I loved this internship. I learned a lot about digital media and myself as I was required to learn 3 different sound operating boards with no previous experience in radio. For me, it was interesting to see all the behind the scenes work that goes into promoting a radio medium such as Sirius. The work place environment is very laid back but one is expected to work hard and do their job well. Mistakes could be publicly broadcasted so one has to be very attentive to detail.
Fun place to work
Broadcast Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
good place to work, little room for advancement, I was part time for a year and was waiting during that time for a full time position to open up but one never did.
Great People
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 11, 2017
This was a telemarketting job. There's no sugarcoating it. The company had a high turnaround rate simply because they had a large pool to draw from.

The training and the job itself were enjoyable. The people I worked with were fantastic, but the management was used to getting a specific amount of dedication from their workforce. Almost no one was in their position for more than 3 months. Those that were were barely trained to do their jobs.

I left due to constant scheduling issues. I would have my schedule confirmed and signed, only to see it change the first shift of the new cycle. It became so horrendous that I missed my youngest brother's chemotherapy.
Pros
People, communication skills I learned, and politics of a mismanaged office.
Cons
Conflicting scheduling, managers, high turnaround rate.
bad location
Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2017
equipment not reliable but tech staff always on hand and quick to respond..bad location with no easy highway access..in kind of a food desert..cafeteria closes early..great coffee options..free pretzels and soda..management likes to promote from within..flex scheduling can be good and bad
it was fun
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2017
I was a good place to work unfortunately there is no room to grow. they best their company of a buddy system. which is not fair. your hard work is easily over looked.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
poor managemnet
Corporate Work Environment
Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
Pleasant place to work, but very corporate environment. Pay is not always on par with experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be creative.
Rock alternative format
Radio Announcer - National Radio Show (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Sirius/XM satellite radio is the number one global radio platform with 32 million paid subscribers. I am on seven days a week, three hours a day. Monday - Friday 6-9am, Saturday 5-8pm, & Sunday 1-4pm on First Wave Channel 33.
Fun people to work with BUT
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
We always got sent home early due to not having any work to do and that was cutting into my checks and I have a living to do! Somewhat unorganized. Could use new computers and fix up the break room in the building where subway is at etc.
Pros
Chill managment
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized
hard working nature
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2016
good responsibility good hard working nature
good management skills
excellent programming skills
its good hardworking in that i learn lot of in that company
its MNC company
Productive with free drinks
Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 30, 2016
This is an open call center everyone is in one room and the management grade each call you take looking for mistakes instead of looking for the good in calls.
Pros
Free drinks, fitness gym
Cons
scheduling, management
A day at work
Customer Service Saves Rep (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 19, 2016
I would get to work and login by 8am and start taking calls assisting the customer with they're issue's and payments with they're account
Productive and friendly
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2016
The coworkers are friendly. There wasn't a lot of room to move up management. Sometimes my boss wouldn't know a lot about his work. The work life balance wasn't satisfactory.
not a good place to work at all!
Sales and Activation (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 29, 2016
very low pay considering I have a house and plenty of bills to deal with. the amount of pressure they put on us sales people is unreal. the managers are always on their phones texting when where not allowed too. if you have a doctors appointment about something serious they dont give a dang because they dont accept doctors notes. they will fire you over stupid reasons such as if you have severe Laryngitis and can't even mutter a word. and they keep making up new rules constantly.
Pros
Non
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirius XM Radio. Our community is ready to answer.