Sirius XM Radio

Sirius XM Radio Employer Reviews

Great learning experience in my field of Communications.
Library Media Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 1, 2013
I worked with some very talented and ambitious people that I will never forget. The work enviorment was everything I could have hoped for, and I'm ready to move forward.

CNA14 – July 15, 2013

1. IT dept. in total disarray 2. NY's IT dept and DC's IT don't collaborate at all. 3. Very segmented, e.g. one group can't walk over and talk to another. 4. Terrible attitudes, people are very moody, just flat out dislike for no reason. 5. Management needs leadership training desperately. 6. No professionalism, no dress code. People wear inappropriate clothes to work. 7. Outdated technology. Still doing, psts., WINXP, 1Gb max RAM on 90% of workstations, reimage pc for minor issues, etc..

Working with my HR team
HR Assistant (Staffing & Operations) (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2013
Pros: there is always something new to learn about the department.
Cons: management could use some training.
I have had a great experience since day one with my co-work. Everyone worked well with each other and didn't mind lending a hard to make sure everyone was all on the same page.
This company needs help
Associate (Former Employee), New YorkApril 5, 2013
Pros: free coffee and pretzels
Cons: low morale, high turnover
I think it depends on the department that you work at. For the most part the "creative side" doesn't have as many issues. The culture is usually pretty awesome with a great team and great management. Other than that, employees work long hours. There is definitely a lot of turn over especially with the part-time employees. It is hectic all the time and – more... I have noticed the low morale amongst the employees. I won't share what department I work at but just know our department knows the most about employees. My suggestion is for the company to send their managers through "leadership and management" courses. Just because your resume says you graduated with a Masters in Business does not mean they are all cut out to lead others. They should also pay their part-time employees more. You know it cost more to replace an employee than to keep the ones you have. Find more creative ways to make your employees happy. – less
This company offers its employees flexibility and new experiences
Celebrity Security Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: this company offers personal satisfaction
Cons: i have no complaint .
Sirius xm radio is different from other work places in that it offers its employees the abilitiy to manage different scenarios without constant supervision. This form of leadership gives the employee the ability to grow with the company. An example of this is when Lady Gaga made an appearance at the studio without adequate security. The sitiuation immediately – more... turned hostile at the time of her exit. The mass media and the fans totally overwhelmed her. It was my responsiblity to personally authorize additional personell and resources from other close by facilities to aid in her exit. The employess at this company are regarded at the top of the media industry. The hardest part of my job is keeping fans and well wishers of celebrities orderly and respectful. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting these celebrity icons in person. – less
A fast pace position and very productive.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: interacting with your peers and learning something new everyday.
Cons: i cannot think of any cons. everyday is a challenge with any obstacle.
A typical day at work is reviewing the day before activities with each log that comes back to us from the on air studios. We need to be sure that all the commercials aired properly so that we can bill each client. The day continues with preparing the daily logs for the next day. Assuring that all commercials are placed accurately on the log and that – more... there is copy attached to the commercial. The most enjoyable part of day is when every task of the job is completed. – less
IT is chaos here!!!
IT Staff (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: work from home policy, vacation and sick leave, understanding staff
Cons: chaotic work environment, lack of training
If you are applying for an IT job here, be sure to have an iron stomach and a patience of a saint. The overall environment is quite chaotic and very heavily political. Its a unique environment where thinking on your feet and reactionary decisions are made hourly which is not too bad, but when coupled with a heavy, almost crippling, bureaucracy it can – more... get very frustrating, very fast. The only saving graces of this organization is the job security (almost impossible to get fired, even contractors) and flexible work from home policy. The pay is fair to good, but if you are looking for a 9 to 5 or a creative company, this is not your place.

Working conditions and Culture:
This place prizes loyalty, adherence to hierarchy and appearance, a very conservative structure as a lot of management and executives are ex-telecom personnel. This place, for better or worse, prizes 'yes-men' and may not be suited for more creative types.

This is an ideal work environment if you need a stable job to provide for your family and are willing to put in a lot of good old fashion grinding hard work and long hours. This is not a good place if you are young or looking for a job that can grow your technical capabilities as there is little to none formal training there. The most learning you willing do is who to find that is a subject matter expert as there is very little in terms of documentation. Upward mobility is better than a lot of companies, but be prepared to deal with a lot more chaos when moving up the ladder.

Change management and documentation are only available for systems that get audited...the rest is the wild west. IT is treated as an in-house service group where usable and sustainable systems always take a back burner to the never-ending cost cutting and new offering initiatives. System patches often become the system, and future code is written to accommodate these patches which often leads to a delicate but amazingly sturdy house of cards due to the heavy manual intervention needed to keep it from falling down.

This place does have a very understanding and forgiving staff. Probably due to the inevitability of serious mistakes and miscommunications in a chaotic environment such as this. Again the pay and benefits is fair to good, but at a heavy cost to one's stress level and time. This company is not blind to this fact by providing a very good sick and vacation days and somewhat liberal on work from home policy. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Producer, Specialty Talk Programming (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: work can be fun!
Cons: hard to get work done!
I love my coworkers. Sirius is full of creative, eclectic, driven people. I feel as though we all lift and push each other to producer quality for our listeners. We act as a team when moral may be down, and my coworkers make my day and my job better.
Fun and Innovative
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 15, 2012
Looking for advancement. Sometime the work can be repetitive and not cutting aged technology as it should be in place.

About Sirius XM Radio

You might say radio programming from this company comes from a higher plane. SIRIUS XM Radio operates satellite radio systems – Read more

Sirius XM Radio Photos