Sirius XM Radio Employee Reviews

Fast paced radio environment that encourages creativity and originality
Music Programming Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
My daily routine was to complete a show log,research trending news stories,prepare the sound board,screen callers,and produce promotional spots. The executive and assistant producers did a good job of advising me on how to run a live show. The hardest part was time management since schedules change quickly during a live show. The most enjoyable part was meeting some of my favorite artists and celebrities.
Pros
Free food, casual attire
Cons
High stress environment
great
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2015
great office building and creative office decoration. People are nice and dress code is casual. Hardly ever see anybody wearing shirt and tie.
Fun loving place
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 14, 2015
You get to work with state of the art equipment for all aspect of satellite radio. Seeing famous people walk through is always a plus.
A decent work place environment on a daily basis.
Connected Vehicle Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2015
A moderately fun work place with some management support. At often times not very organized or on par with each other from one department to the next causing much confusion. A fairly a lot of amount of politics and red tape. Given the ability to manage oneself along side the help of your supervisor made things a bit more laid back in some aspects. The fellow colleagues were the most enjoyable aspect of the job. Downsizing and job security was and issue that effected work on a daily basis.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Independant Music Contract
Independent Musical Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work included but was not limited to, daily progress report, learning various techniques of recording producing and, management. Co-workers were varied on a case by case job. The hardest part of the job is keeping myself funded while exploring different areas of independent contracting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the final product.
Pros
I was/am my own boss
Cons
Funding
Diverse workplace with pleasant benefits
Data Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Any given day, my team and I are responsible for high level customer escalations received
we interact with with different departments within the IT organization in order to achieve fast results
I have learned to ensure proper delegation of escalations to my team members and turnaround time
There is no micromanagement within my group therefore allowing the ability to complete tasks responsibly
The most difficult issue I have ever come across would be where remediation is heavily reliant on another department and there are delays with response time
I am able to benefit from working remotely time to time
Sr. Accounts Payable Associate/Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  new york new yorkJuly 6, 2015
I do not want to review Sirius
unpleasant atmosphere
dont have much to say
big organization
multiple location
poor management practice
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 1, 2015
on the phone for 8 hours and loud work environment. People were not very nice and it was not very easy to get time off. They also did not give very good feedback in ways to improve your overall performance
work
Executive Producer (Current Employee) –  washington dcJanuary 18, 2015
great people, good to start. learn good skills. you can challenge yourself daily.
Friendly and relaxed work environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include taking consistent back to back calls. Achieving sales by setting up trials, and new service. Job also included cold transfers to the right departments, as well as defusing certain customer complaints.
I learned the importance of giving in depth information to the customers and patience.
The management was supportive, lively, and understanding.
The job wasn't hard. There were days when sales were low, but it depended on the time of year.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Since managment tried to keep the work environment light most of the agents came to work smiling.
Pros
work envirronment and the speaking with new customers
Cons
the pay.
productive
Telemarketer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2014
gained professionalism , loyalty, confidence, well organized
it's not as nice at it seems
current employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2014
work work work, but do not get any advacement unless you are lucky and your boss likes you just because (independently from the quality of your work)
SiriusXM Radio
Senior Technician Broadcast Network Ops. Center (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2014
Positive work environment. There is room for advancement in this ever-growing company.
Pros
supportive management; large company; investment options; bonuses
Cons
challenging work schedules.
a day in the life of...
Sr.Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York CityMay 9, 2014
• a typical day at work
> Respond to emails, attend conf calls and meetings, review and analyze issues escalated from various business groups and areas.

• what you learned
> Sharpened my time management and communication skills; handling business groups and stake holders when working on issues and requests

• management
> Could use more team building and communication skills

• your co-workers
> Some work hard, some dont (i.e. see management feedback)

• The hardest part of the job
> Understanding and learning of recent changes. Sometimes changes are not always efficiently communicated

• the most enjoyable part of the job
> Being able to work independently and remotely
Pros
good pay, being able to work independently and remotely
Cons
no career advancement or goals ever set for employees
Fun and rewarding company
Assistant Producer - American Voices (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
My responsibilities consisted on preparing schedules, researching powerful and moving segments, doing preliminary interviews, writing scripts, and running the sound board for the show.

Senator Bill Bradley was an amazing person to work with. He was down to earth and very personable.

Greatest accomplishments was booking most of the 2008 Presidential Candidates for hour long interviews with the Senator. I also worked closely with managers and agents to high appointed politician, TV personalities and other celebrities.
Pros
friendly working environment, fast paced
Great learning experience in my field of Communications.
Library Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2013
I worked with some very talented and ambitious people that I will never forget. The work enviorment was everything I could have hoped for, and I'm ready to move forward.

Comment – July 15, 2013

1. IT dept. in total disarray 2. NY's IT dept and DC's IT don't collaborate at all. 3. Very segmented, e.g. one group can't walk over and talk to another. 4. Terrible attitudes, people are very moody, just flat out dislike for no reason. 5. Management needs leadership training desperately. 6. No professionalism, no dress code. People wear inappropriate clothes to work. 7. Outdated technology. Still doing, psts., WINXP, 1Gb max RAM on 90% of workstations, reimage pc for minor issues, etc..

Working with my HR team
HR Assistant (Staffing & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2013
I have had a great experience since day one with my co-work. Everyone worked well with each other and didn't mind lending a hard to make sure everyone was all on the same page.
Pros
there is always something new to learn about the department.
Cons
management could use some training.
This company needs help
Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 5, 2013
I think it depends on the department that you work at. For the most part the "creative side" doesn't have as many issues. The culture is usually pretty awesome with a great team and great management. Other than that, employees work long hours. There is definitely a lot of turn over especially with the part-time employees. It is hectic all the time and I have noticed the low morale amongst the employees. I won't share what department I work at but just know our department knows the most about employees. My suggestion is for the company to send their managers through "leadership and management" courses. Just because your resume says you graduated with a Masters in Business does not mean they are all cut out to lead others. They should also pay their part-time employees more. You know it cost more to replace an employee than to keep the ones you have. Find more creative ways to make your employees happy.
Pros
free coffee and pretzels
Cons
low morale, high turnover
This company offers its employees flexibility and new experiences
Celebrity Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Sirius xm radio is different from other work places in that it offers its employees the abilitiy to manage different scenarios without constant supervision. This form of leadership gives the employee the ability to grow with the company. An example of this is when Lady Gaga made an appearance at the studio without adequate security. The sitiuation immediately turned hostile at the time of her exit. The mass media and the fans totally overwhelmed her. It was my responsiblity to personally authorize additional personell and resources from other close by facilities to aid in her exit. The employess at this company are regarded at the top of the media industry. The hardest part of my job is keeping fans and well wishers of celebrities orderly and respectful. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting these celebrity icons in person.
Pros
this company offers personal satisfaction
Cons
i have no complaint .
A fast pace position and very productive.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2013
A typical day at work is reviewing the day before activities with each log that comes back to us from the on air studios. We need to be sure that all the commercials aired properly so that we can bill each client. The day continues with preparing the daily logs for the next day. Assuring that all commercials are placed accurately on the log and that there is copy attached to the commercial. The most enjoyable part of day is when every task of the job is completed.
Pros
interacting with your peers and learning something new everyday.
Cons
i cannot think of any cons. everyday is a challenge with any obstacle.