SiriusXM Employee Reviews

This job may be a step up for someone who is use to making minimum wage
Response Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 29, 2017
Training was horrible. The trainer did not train effectively. They insult you with the pay. The most you can make here is 15.00/hr which is nothing when you have a family!! This company is extremely UNORGANIZED!!!!!!! Who raised these people??? This is by far THE WORSE job I have ever had!! Their processes are rediculous and redundant. The health insurance is expensive as all get out!!! I have NEVER paid 120.00 for insurance for just myself or 240.00/mo for me and my ONE child!!!! As you can see they are SUPER CHEAP... They do have 401k but your are not considered vested until after a year.... and at that point you are only matched at 3%..... The only good things are the free drinks and the schedules.
Pros
Free drinks... My schedule
Cons
Everything else ESPECIALLY the pay
Hot Mess
Sr.Infrastructure Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
This place is a hot mess, i was never really managed, i was given tasks to do, with little to no guidance, tell told they weren't happy with how i executed the tasks
Learned
Lead Developer / Java Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
Learned new technologies and domain knowledge. Got good experience to co-ordinate with different team members.Involved in designing and developing micro services.
a typlical work place
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2017
The pay was not very good, we have assigned time for breaks and lunch, not very accommodating. The commission we were promised during the interview was somewhat correct, but recently taken away with no replacement commission.
Pros
They provided free sodas, juice, coffee and water
Cons
we have assigned time for breaks and lunch
good company but very poor management
Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2017
The company has a decent sales model but management does not know what the direction of the company is. They constantly switch gears with big decisions. One day I was told we are moving to the cloud (AWS). They direct major money and assets to the Cloud project and then nothing happens. When I asked what the plan was, no one seemed to know. Then I hear the plan has been scrapped. Typical wishy washy mentality of the upper management.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
no free water bottles, long hours and stressful environment
Easy but very repetitive
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Training class was fun and the job is very likeable at first. They have a café and a pool table that you can use on break and the environment is not too bad.
Pros
Fast Paced, Laid Back Dress Code
Cons
Repetitive, Occasional Long Calls
Not satisfied the way I got informed
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Got laid off, Didn't expected it, didn't get any kind of advance notice.
Not satisfied the way I got informed and handled the process.
My managed could have done a better job.
Happiness heavily depends on your department
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
There were some departments where people planned to work there until they can retire. Other departments where people were only working there until they can land another job.
Alorica
Alorica Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work,if you enjoy the call center environment,can be stressful at time like any other job,they also have a sign on bonus.so if you just looking for a place to start alorica is the way to go.
entertainment business
Soft skills trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2017
It's a place you always feel home, you feel yourself , entertainment business with all the meaning of the word, as a radio channels provider through the satellite, you get to know literally everything about what you're providing, music everywhere, chilled place , no age limitation so you feel it's just HOME
Stressful Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 27, 2017
Very stressful, quick paced environment. You are expected to work 50+ hours per week or whenever asked to. Management is very poor and lacks vision. They have a few minor perks like free sodas but do not supply cups for coffee.
Very great experiences
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2017
Overall i meet all types of people I traveled and network with lots of people who are big in the Industry fun place to work always busy friendly people
Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2017
Working here was terrible!! There was a lot of everyone poking their nose where its not supose to be. Supivisors didnt hand certain situations well. Room was not ventilated. Money was terrible. Quota didnt exist in the beginning suddenly it does. Too many shift changes. Some changes violated my contract with company.
opinionated feedback on every call
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
Waste of time energy and life,promotions are only given to caucasians .Management has a very nasty attitudes supervisors will rarely help you if needed.Forcing you to call the supervisor hotline which you will also have bad attitudes in slow delays when trying to assist a customer.Yearly raises are only 10 to 15 cents.The commission structure is designed to pay you a little of nothing.Sales reports are often incorrect or doctored up to make the company look good and to only pay you little amounts.Horrible pay and only perk you have is free soda.Company does not value there employees.No opportunity to grows all .Very stressful you start out doing one program when hired but are quickly cross trained to take every call possible that the company has without getting paid any more.Sales sales sales even if you are a response agent you must sell horrible.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Bad management, No advancement, opinionated feedback on every call
A learning Place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2017
Assisted people with disabilities
How to work with disabled people in a proper way
they were very informative
diverse
being accepted by other cultures
Leaving
Pros
Learned a lot about disorders
Cons
The culture acceptance
Not at all as it seems! If they do not like you
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 7, 2017
As a Customer Response Agent you will be trained for 4 weeks which will not help once you are on the floor.
You will be given a "coach" who will be no help at all rather than critize everything you do wrong.
There is much of a power trip especially with management! For me it was more personal, that I was bullied and fired due to one mistake and others were given chances.
I would not recommend this job at all, it will create much grief and stress beside no weekends off!!
The majority of employee are minorities which are behind locked doors as the admistraricd staff reflect a different race.
There's no drug test and most of the employee are on drugs before, during and after work!
Pros
Free drinks and Sirius radio!
Cons
No cell phones, RUDE Managment! Horrible training!
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 27, 2017
Good company to work for. Had free radio while working for them. Enjoyed my time and teammates there. Worked hard but had a great time doing so with great coworkers.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 4, 2017
The training was great and the job was fun. I would definitely recommend this company. A typical day at work was easy and not stressful for a work at home job.
Exciting place to work
Customer Sales and Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2017
Although this is an exciting position, it is also a very stressful one. The only downfall is that it is a 24/7 call center so people must be available to work around the clock. There is very little wiggle room when needing a schedule change. That is the only downfall I found.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Schedules are non negotiable
Great Workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Great workplace,with a very good environment and open management. Very nice people and overall work flows very well between each of the individual departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiriusXM. Our community is ready to answer.