1. Completes patient orders by selecting medications as indicated on the patient medication profile; assists in preparing and labeling of intravenous medication orders including total parenteral nutrition products using proper sterile and aseptic technique.
2. Compounds specialty drug products. Uses aseptic technique when compounding sterile drug products. Completes accurate documentation of items compounded and repackaged.
3. Is knowledgeable with regard to the proper use and handling of hazardous medications. Compounds and handles hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations (i.e. USP 797)
4. Answers phones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a bridge between the customer and the pharmacist
5. Reorders as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks in and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors