SIRVA Employee Reviews

Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: Pay
It was a nice company to work for and the hours were great because they were willing to work around my school schedule at the time
Productive fun place to work
Revenue Processor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: on site cafe, lunch room ping pong table and other games
Cons: lack of good communication between all employees and management
A typical day you put on your headphones and process as many moves as possible.

Learned a lot about the moving business and really enjoyed seeing the move from origin to destination.

The hardest part of the job was trying to balance accuracy verses speed because I prefer to be accurate the first time I handle a file to reduce having to adjust something later. It was preferred to be faster with less accuracy so that was hard for me to grasp.

The best part of the job was talking with agents all of the US. They would also do fun things like play bingo and other games during the busy season to keep moral up.
A very upbeat and fast paced work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 25, 2014
Being a customer service rep at Sirva was one of the best jobs I've ever had! I enjoyed talking with and helping people from all over the world. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful and management always allowed for a good time on the job. Assisting people with their household moves was interesting and challenging.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Fort Wayne IndianaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: there really wasn't any
On the phone all day

I learned more about customer service

Management changed after the first year, he was very young and created his on group of people.

My co-workers were great

Telephone sales

I enjoyed the job
Very productive but laid back
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2014
Pros: loved the occasional free breakfast and lunch
Very easy work just very tedious. Loved learning new things and applying what I know from previous jobs to help assist the process more faster. I loved the employees they made you feel welcome and they were very helpful in understanding everyone is different and if you did not get this part you would be assigned to another section and another until you found the work to be of your liking. Management was understanding of my family and having to take some days off or half days to take care of my children. The hardest part after that was being shift around because of my absence. I loved the overall energy of the office because it made me feel at home knowing I had people watching my back and would help me if I had a problem instead of letting me stand by and figuring it out on my own. This was a temporary job so I was awfully sad when it had ended.
Schedule household goods for move
Military Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: agents and haulers
Cons: management
Schedule household good moves
Management is ok
co workers fun
Keeping up with fast paced summer
Fast paced work environment
good work environment
DBA Transguard Insurance Company of America (Former Employee), Kansas City MOJuly 17, 2014
I had a great manager. It was a fun place to work but went through a lot of changes in a short time.
fun, enjoyed working closely with inside/outside
claims analyst (Former Employee), fort wayne, inJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: benefits
transportation company-relocation services. typical answering emails, calls mail
Associate Relocation Consultant (Former Employee), Westmont, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Associate Relocation Consultant
• Responsible for communication with relocating employees. Research and propose solutions for problem resolution and possible exception processing for relocating employees to maintain customer satisfaction. Responsible for maintaining a working file, including but not limited to, documenting client updates, policy exceptions, conversations and transactions. Responsible for handling policy administration and explanation, lease cancellation and destination services.
• Responsible for achieving position/client metric goals for all revenue opportunities.
• Assist the Relocation Operations training department as requested/as needed. This would include mentoring for on-the-job training, employee development and acting as a subject matter expert. Provide direction and feedback to new team members and constructive performance feedback to management.
• Responsible for communicating potential policy and process changes to Relocation Manager and/or Client Services Director to improve client satisfaction. Partner with supplier/resource management to provide feedback on supplier performance.
Working hard provides incentive pay.
Moving Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 18, 2013
Pros: incentive to win great things by doing a great job at what i do.
Cons: the cost of healthcare has increased over the past couple of years.
Taking/making in/outbound calls. I learned that I can do sales even though I didn't think I could and I accomplish it very well. I have some great co-workers that I have developed friendships outside of work. The hardest part of this job is convincing a customer that in most situations, we need to do a free in home estimate to provide an accurate quote for their upcoming move. The most enjoyable thing of my job is to see how much I have made when I see how many leads have booked with the agents. I see that on my paycheck once a month as long as I have met the monthly goal, which I usually do.
Well-rounded place of employment
Frontline Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 20, 2013
A typical day for me involves answering calls, making reports, and working at a computer. Everyone in the department is willing to help out one another to complete tasks.
Relaxed call center with fun environment
Call Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 4, 2013
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: little chance for advancement
Relaxed environment but little opportunity for advancement. Hired in as a SIRVA temporary employee and applied for numerous positions. Open positions were generally filled with current full-time employees. There was scant training but there existed a good relationship between employees and management.
fun place to work
Driver Services (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2013
something different every day, answering phones, helping drivers find what they needed
Poor Culture
Allied East Coast Scheduler (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 14, 2013
Great company to work for, but has a poor operations culture.
Fun Challenging workplace with Great coworkerrs
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 8, 2013
Pros: working with new technologies often and my team mates
Cons: health benefits aren't the best, annual raises are few and far between.
A typical day at work consists of reviewing our ticket queue, prioritizing workload, working with customers, managers and directors in order to understand their technical needs and resolve them. Team projects often take place and can range from AD migrations, D2D Backup Solutions with disaster recovery, exchange migrations to the cloud, citrix upgrades, among other infrastructure projects that may take place.

Our Infrastructure team has great leadership and the management in this particular department is outstanding. Leadership provides direction as to the businesses needs and the Infrastructure – more... team then works on developing a solution around those needs. The management is very good at listening to their staff and conversations are often a time of brainstorming in which a plan is developed with input from both staff and upper management.

My coworkers are phenomenal and everyone is very strong in their specific area of expertise. Everyone on the team works great together and shares a commradery and sense of humor very similar to one another's. Cross training of our individual roles is a must and we have all done a very good job of sharing in responsibilities and workload. I couldn't have asked for a better team of guys to work with.

The most enjoyable part of this job is encountering a problem and figuring out how you are going to resolve it. I enjoy the challenge that presents itself everyday and the sense of accomplishment that comes with conquering those challenges. My team makes things very fun and provides a light hearted environment to work in. – less
Great position for someone that needs flexible hours
Moving Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor pay, no benefits and no job security
The work is easy to do, and there is always time for you to read or catch up on other paperwork, but pay is poor and you are only hired in as a temp for a 6 month period. After that you are laid off for 100 days and then you can re-apply to go back if they have an opening. No job security, no benefits, weekend and holiday hours.
Enjoy working with vendors, agents and co-workers
DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Westmont, ILMarch 20, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working with my accounts, have gotten to know them over the years.
Cons: none! at all.... i enjoy my job but my job is moving out of state.
Review e-mails from vendors, agents and various departments. Prioritize according to requests and handle more pressing issues first, proposed netting of accounts as needed, provided status of invoices to be paid to customers, pay accounts when invoices are due, collection on past due accounts, by prioritizing major accounts and larger balances first, Enjoy working with my manager, little or no supervision is needed. There is nothing I don’t enjoy about my job.

Work with various departments, such as accounts payables, accounts receivables, operations and claims department.
remote access
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Westmont, ILMarch 18, 2013
Pros: flex schedules
Cons: n/a
Experience at a Corporate HQ and its fast-paced climate allowed for the growth and development of necessary professional skills.
Hired me and changed the rules.
Moving Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 22, 2012
Pros: very relaxed environment, wear what you want, breaks are encouraged.
Cons: not honest about what your really going to get, rude supervisors, temps get treated unfairly
When I was hired on i gave them very specifics about my availability and they told me that was fine and they would accomodate me. I was hired in and the first week, they flipped things on me. Began wanting me to work past 5 and also on a Sunday. 2 things that were major for me. Very shady. Typical day at work is answering phones, making a moving connection between a mover and a moving coordinator. I have learned how to deal with customers in compromising situations and how to remain calm and still get my job done. Co-workers dont really want to be bothered people keep to themselves and that was something that i was not used too. The hardest part of the job is sitting at a desk for long periods of time looking at a computer, especially if you not used to computers. What I enjoy most is talking to the customers and meeting their needs!
fast paced, data entry, enjoyed the challenge of the job
Administration Coordinator Claims Dept (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great hours, great co-workers
Very fast paced. Received faxes and phones calls from agents with claims on their client's shipments. The list of claims were then input into the system and sent to the claims dept.
Enjoyed working with co-workers in all departments .