SIS Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace work area
Global Security Operator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 25, 2016
- Answered multiple incoming calls
- Dispatch officers to locations where customers needed assistance.
- Dispatched emergency calls like fire, and medical.
- Conducted reports on a daily basis.
SimplexGrinnell SIS
Evaluator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Has its ups and downs.The people you are around are great.There is great management. Don't always agree with some of the processes that happen.
Manager was very hard to get along with.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2016
Manager was ill-tempered and very difficult to get along with. Quite a few employees (including myself) left directly because of him).
Same as G4S
Security Guard at PayPal, currently overnights (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEJanuary 26, 2016
All was basically the same but more organized.

Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot and in a vehicle
Provide assistance to customers and employees
Prepare reports
Monitor the buildings
Productive work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Go through daily log reports, review any open items on our transmittal log.
Access take off estimates for buying of finishes and goods.
Visit site for any constructibility issues, establish and maintain contact with site super.
Follow up on any open RFI's that were submitted.
Hardest part of the job was I would work well past 5pm on a typical day to see that the job is done and done correctly. Most enjoyable part was seeing months of planning culminate into a successful project.
Pros
Take lunch anytime that suits your schedule.
Cons
No heathcare provided
Great Work Enviroment
San Jose Control Center Operator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Overall good work enviroment because they are contracted by the top 5 tech companys in the world and without a sales team. The management structure is not goood though. There will be 1 supervisor (Not manager) over 60 + officers. But like all companys im sure they are still experimenting with their management structure. Pay is the best in the Security industly and benefits are ok.
Pros
pay
Cons
no room for growth
Good job if looking to get into security
Security Guard, Securities Industries Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2014
great place to work. Pay is not based on experience; based on time served with company. Not much room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Benefits, (Medical, Dental, etc) are on par or better than most companies.
I keep it real and hardworking for all dreamers
Audio Engineer / Producer / Mixing / Editing (Current Employee) –  AZApril 1, 2015
At a typical day at work in the beginning, I would always record or produce anyone that walks into my door. But now, I am raising a child of my own while my husband is working a full time job. So honestly, I am looking for someone that could send me a file to edit (I use ProTools), something to mix, just looking for extra money, and looking for something to do while I am at home. I want to work from home" business that provides me a honest, and reliable pay check from here and there. Something I can actually do.

I was going to school at CTU online part / full time, it all depends on what I wanted to do. I am more manly a B+ student and did really good on my classes. With understanding some parts of the business management, there was a lot that I already knew.

If I don't answer my phone, please leave me a message. That would be highly appreciated.
Pros
learn all technology of Audio Engineering
Cons
Won't be able to pay
Great tool for entering student data for state records.
Data Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2012
Good Benefits, overall good company to work for. Being a teamplayer is vital assest when working for this company.
Great Company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 25, 2013
Great company to work for. They pay on time but no benefits; all contract work.
Very energy based location
Specialist Guard (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2015
Typical day involved a lot of customer service and long lines. Coworkers were super friendly and so were the managers. hardest part of the job were just all the energy provided.
Pros
Breaks
smart, quick learner, team player
security guard (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and exciting. I learn new ways of doing things everyday. My co-workers are nice and well mannered my supervisor is very respectful and understanding. I can say there is no hardest part of my position.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am being responsible and that i am in a work environment where i am respected.
Extremely fun working environment, ping pong tables, pool tables free food and gym.
Security Specialist for Google (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Typical day of security at Google consisted of debriefing at the beginning of my shift. Where we went over anything significant that happened in the prior day shift. Any medical emergencies or anything at all that we as security specialists needed to be aware of in order to accomplish our jobs to the proper standards. I learned good work ethic from this job, it really helped me to improve who I was as an employee in general. Most management had military background so punctuality, respect and communicating with others was absolutely keys. The management was the most difficult thing about the job though, not because they were too strict or anything like that but because they rarely showed recognition for anything. Very hard to talk to at times, flakey as well. Way to many coworkers as well, made it difficult to communicate with management cause somebody always seemed to have an issue. Aside from the negatives I did enjoy the job mainly because of the amenities, great people and very social atmosphere. Far from bland, a good experience in my past non the less.
Pros
free lunch, free gym, free shuttle service
Cons
poor management at times.
Great Place and team work wonderful
Event Industry Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2014
I enjoy working with teammates who take as much pride as I do in the work that we do. The flexibility and autonomy I have. When I talk with some of my friends or work with clients that don't give their employees those options, I am reminded of how much I appreciate it.
Working at Security Intustry Specialist is one of the best jobs i have had.
Security Industry Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CaJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoy every part of my job, the only difficult part would be writing reports. report writing is not hard, but in most cases it is for the cause of a Motor Vehicle Accident, Theft...etc. i work between 3 campuses in the san jose area that belong to eBay and PayPal, so on a typical day i interact with many people.
Pros
able to interact with employees that work for ebay.
Review
Breakroom,bathroom specialist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2012
I Loved the site Supervisor} He always tried to make sure that We were smiling when leaving office to start the days job.Our shift started at 7 am &ended at 3pm. We cleaned Our areas for the day twice a day. At the end of the day We restocked Our carts and got ready for the next day.The hardest part of the job was learning My way around the plant. The most enjoyable part was the pat on the back for a job WELL DONE.
SIS coordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and appreciated the recognition of various accomplishments. Some management (no longer there) had agendas that did not help employees be successful not the company.
Lots of standing
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 25, 2012
If you get hired as a specialist be prepared to stand for long periods of time. You must observe the contractors you are responsible for and keep control of your post at all times. Don't be afraid to ask for help from supervisors they are very approachable and will do there best to help you.
Pros
schedules are adjustable.
Cons
sometimes there is not enough work.
It's a nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxNovember 4, 2014
SIS was just getting rolled out when I started with them. They had a few issues to iron out but they seemed to be headed in the right direction.
I'd quit if I could
secret player (Current Employee) –  seattleApril 25, 2013
Seattle, HR plays favorites, they abuse supervisors, try's their best to find a daily scapegoat.
Pros
steping stone to get out of your moms house, cause they hire anyone
Cons
every thing every one, the client, the watch commander ( swings)