SIS

SIS United States Employee Reviews

smart, quick learner, team player
security guard (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and exciting. I learn new ways of doing things everyday. My co-workers are nice and well mannered my supervisor is very respectful and understanding. I can say there is no hardest part of my position.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am being responsible and that i am in a work environment where i am respected.
It's a nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Austin, TxNovember 4, 2014
SIS was just getting rolled out when I started with them. They had a few issues to iron out but they seemed to be headed in the right direction.
Great Place and team work wonderful
Event Industry Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2014
I enjoy working with teammates who take as much pride as I do in the work that we do. The flexibility and autonomy I have. When I talk with some of my friends or work with clients that don't give their employees those options, I am reminded of how much I appreciate it.
Good job if looking to get into security
Security Guard, Securities Industries Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2014
great place to work. Pay is not based on experience; based on time served with company. Not much room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Benefits, (Medical, Dental, etc) are on par or better than most companies.
SIS coordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and appreciated the recognition of various accomplishments. Some management (no longer there) had agendas that did not help employees be successful not the company.
Great Work Enviroment
San Jose Control Center Operator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no room for growth
Overall good work enviroment because they are contracted by the top 5 tech companys in the world and without a sales team. The management structure is not goood though. There will be 1 supervisor (Not manager) over 60 + officers. But like all companys im sure they are still experimenting with their management structure. Pay is the best in the Security industly and benefits are ok.
Extremely fun working environment, ping pong tables, pool tables free food and gym.
Security Specialist for Google (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free gym, free shuttle service
Cons: poor management at times.
Typical day of security at Google consisted of debriefing at the beginning of my shift. Where we went over anything significant that happened in the prior day shift. Any medical emergencies or anything at all that we as security specialists needed to be aware of in order to accomplish our jobs to the proper standards. I learned good work ethic from this job, it really helped me to improve who I was as an employee in general. Most management had military background so punctuality, respect and communicating with others was absolutely keys. The management was the most difficult thing about the job though, not because they were too strict or anything like that but because they rarely showed recognition for anything. Very hard to talk to at times, flakey as well. Way to many coworkers as well, made it difficult to communicate with management cause somebody always seemed to have an issue. Aside from the negatives I did enjoy the job mainly because of the amenities, great people and very social atmosphere. Far from bland, a good experience in my past non the less.
Working at Security Intustry Specialist is one of the best jobs i have had.
Security Industry Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: able to interact with employees that work for ebay.
I enjoy every part of my job, the only difficult part would be writing reports. report writing is not hard, but in most cases it is for the cause of a Motor Vehicle Accident, Theft...etc. i work between 3 campuses in the san jose area that belong to eBay and PayPal, so on a typical day i interact with many people.
Great Company
Contractor (Current Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 25, 2013
Great company to work for. They pay on time but no benefits; all contract work.
SIS Group
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2013
Networking, Advertising, Quoting, Underwritting, Customer Service, , Tax Prepearer, Loan Processor.
Google Physical Security infrastructure administrator
Operations Research Analyst - Google Security (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 8, 2013
Administrator for Google's physical security infrastructure.
I'd quit if I could
secret player (Current Employee), seattleApril 25, 2013
Pros: steping stone to get out of your moms house, cause they hire anyone
Cons: every thing every one, the client, the watch commander ( swings)
Seattle, HR plays favorites, they abuse supervisors, try's their best to find a daily scapegoat.
Security Guard
SECURITY INDUSTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 3, 2013
Cons: not enough hours offered
part-time security guard work when called at most location's
Review
Breakroom,bathroom specialist (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2012
I Loved the site Supervisor} He always tried to make sure that We were smiling when leaving office to start the days job.Our shift started at 7 am &ended at 3pm. We cleaned Our areas for the day twice a day. At the end of the day We restocked Our carts and got ready for the next day.The hardest part of the job was learning My way around the plant. The most enjoyable part was the pat on the back for a job WELL DONE.
Lots of standing
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: schedules are adjustable.
Cons: sometimes there is not enough work.
If you get hired as a specialist be prepared to stand for long periods of time. You must observe the contractors you are responsible for and keep control of your post at all times. Don't be afraid to ask for help from supervisors they are very approachable and will do there best to help you.
Very interested place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ebay san joseApril 17, 2012
Pros: good enviorment
Cons: less hours
Patrolled around the perimeters, provided escorts. Completed training on CPS, fire drills etc.
Great tool for entering student data for state records.
Data Clerk III (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2012
Good Benefits, overall good company to work for. Being a teamplayer is vital assest when working for this company.

SIS Salaries