Sisters Of Charity Hospital Employee Reviews

Internship Experience at Cardiac Rehab Team
Internship (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2017
Had an excellent patient EP ratio, first ever internship experience in US. Excellent teaching place with great staff, willing to help in every aspect of the internship.
Pros
Free lunch meal every day
Cons
n/a
Temporaty
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2017
I did my clinical rotation in the mother/baby unit and labor and delivery. I learned a lot from the nurse I shadowed. All the workers on the units seemed genuinely happy being there.
nice place to work but poor management
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 30, 2017
poor management, hard to advance. great co-workers and benefits. most of the work place culture is positive and up beat. They are doing a lot there to improve the appearance of the hospital
volunteer
Volunteer (Dietary Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14214August 3, 2017
this was a good place to volunteer... they provide you with free lunch and the hours are very flexible. you are able to meet interesting people in the unit
See below
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  LTCJune 7, 2017
I love my residents and most staff. Management is very cunning and likes to work their staff with the bare minimum They also lack personal compassion.
Pros
Union based contract
Cons
Short staffing.Management not hearing staffs needs
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2017
I loved my position as a nurse aide at SOCH. The staff is very friendly and the hospital is clean. Everyone worked together as a team from hospitality and environmental services all the way up through the nursing staff.
Pros
great co-workers, good benefit package
Cons
hard to say
I love working for Sisters Hospital of Charity
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
Sister's Hospital 3/north and south is a pleasure to work on because of the staff, They work together as a team. I learned a lot about the way the body and our health is set up. Hardest part of the job is death, most enjoyable part is making my patience happy and comfortable.
Pros
the pleasure you recieve from helping others
Cons
short breaks, working short, unhealthy people leading to death.
Sisters
Ambassador/Foodservice (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 29, 2017
Great company to work for! Everyone was very friendly, management as well as coworkers. I loved this job as a place to start. If there were more full time positions available and I was from Buffalo I would have liked to stay!
Pros
Pto, tuition reimbursement, competitive pay
Cooperative individuals and amicable environment
Intensive Care Unit Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2016
I enjoy assisting the nurses and other various health professionals in the ICU station, via answering the phones, retrieving blood, and interacting with visitors.
Registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 29, 2016
I have worked for sisters of charity hospital and found that the recent change in management in the last year has led to many, many employees being unhappy with the environment as a whole. Employees receive little respect from upper management, medical surgical director to be more specific. The work load for one nurse is very unrealistic as the nurse to Patient ratio is unsafe and you feel your license is in jeopardy everyday. If you are not in management and you voice your opinion to problems or concerns you fear retaliation in the form of being fired. I do not recommend working here.
Autonomous work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
You have a lot of autonomy in your work. There is good strategy, vision, and coordination among the system. The people are very nice and people are accountable for their work.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Retirement plan
Busy but Rewarding
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Being a PT Aide was very busy and requires a lot of detail to attention and being on your feet for the duration of the shift. however, I found this job to help me grow professoinally becasue there is very little room for error. excellent coworker and managment. Great experience overall.
A great hands on job
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2015
Fun and enjoyable work place with supportive co-workers and management. Decent amount of politics, but this is expected of a big company.
I love working here
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2015
I am very fulfilled in my current job, I am looking to expand my skill set to include medical billing. I will be attending school in the fall to become a Registered Nurse and would like to work full time at a less stressful job so that I can concentrate on my studies. Thank You
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough overtime
Good place to start
Porter/dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2015
Gives you skill in the professional field. This environment ensure employee give a and receive respect and good service
Busy Department
Histo Technician, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2015
Busy Pathology Department but is well managed with great co-workers.
Flexible schedule allows us to work around other obligations.
N/a
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2015
They made many changes to increase productivity and increase profits. The people at Sisters of Charity Hospital are hardworking and dependable and loyal employees.
Real time exposure in implementing LEAN and six sigma techniques
Student Analyst, State University of New York (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Collected patient flow data in a hospital operating room setting and analyzed turnaround times between surgeries. Developed sustainable processes using LEAN six sigma principles with various statistical and engineering modelling tools thereby improving patient flow. Drafted time lines using Parallel Flow technique and increased efficiency in surgery times.
enjoyed working always learned something new
Nurse 4 South (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 4, 2014
worked all time and shifts, enjoyed speeding time and educating patients. like the fact that each and every day and shift was different,
all in all a good place to work
food service attendant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 25, 2014
Sister's Hospital is a good place it has good benifits and they offer paid time off. Theirs are options to move around outside of department you are in which is great.