Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System Employee Reviews

Very hard work, very fast paced, no advancement opportunities
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJanuary 11, 2017
The overall environment is mostly clean and safe. The job itself is very unrewarding. If an issue arises between the employees it falls on deaf ears and is usually left unresolved by the supervisors. Issues occur frequently. This is not an ideal long term job.
Pros
Good affordable benefits, good hours 7-3:30 M-F, lots of holidays
Cons
Low wages, difficult vacation approval, unprofessionalism, high absentee rates, high employee turn over rate
Great Pay, Great People, and Great Patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 23, 2016
The sisters are wonderful. They are very nice and are very understanding of new employees. The supervisor staff and the nurses are great to work with and you can learn a lot from them. The pay and the hours were the best in town.
Pros
Great pay, great people, great hours
Cons
overnight shifts, and long hours
wonderful employers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 17, 2016
I have worked here for five years as a housekeeper. I do not really enjoy cleaning for 7 hours a day, but I enjoy the job because I enjoy working for and being surrounded by the sisters. If you are offered a job with the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, take it because they treat you well, have good benefits and pay and you would be important to them.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits, safe work environment
Cons
little chance for advancement
Bad place to work
Revenue Cycle Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 12, 2016
Management is all about itself and the money. They do not care about the employees or their families. They expect you to work when your at home and they expect if over time is needed you better do more work in those few hours then you did during the week.

Management is quick to judge and get rid of the people they don't like even if they are hard workers. They seem to pick and choose the people that stay if you kiss butt and do everything they tell you to do legal or not then you stay if you do what is right and try to work around what is being done wrong then you are out.

A right to work state and they use this to the tee.
Pros
compansation
Cons
No policies and no procedures the go by what is good for today.
Wish I was still there
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 13, 2016
This was a good organization to work for. It provided for a lot of growth and opportunity as long as the contracts were there. It provided stepping stones for me to develop a career in Customer Service leadership.
Great place and even better people.
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2014
Great place to work with high-level people who are experts in their field.
Close to my home
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, ColoradoFebruary 10, 2014
I worked in the Tech Center for over 25 years and wanted to work closer to home.
Pros
Early start time, great medical benefits, close to home
Cons
No paid holidays
It was a high energy company to work for
Revenue Services Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broomfield Colorado Billing OfficeJanuary 8, 2014
My typical work day was receiving all insurance payments and patient pay payments that I needed to deposit into the appropriate bank account.

I learned a lot at the Sisters, each day was something new and changes that needed to be made.

Management was good, but with all the changes it was hard for them as well.

I loved my coworkers

Daily changes

My job
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Daily changes
Organization
RN (Current Employee) –  HospitalDecember 16, 2013
While I have enjoyed working for this company, it has been difficult to not be in the "competative market." Moderate wages.
Excellent and Compassionate
RN in Nephrology Clinic (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 5, 2013
The providers in Nephrology are the BEST-10 plus. Support staff awesome. Every works very hard and hopefully it will staffed fully with enough support staff soon.
Pros
No patient was ever turned away due to the type of insurance they had or did not have.
Cons
Need to have a clinic float pool for RN's, OA's and MOA's when staff is off due to illness, vacation, or attending required education.

Want to know more about Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System?

Ask a question
Incredible team environment focused on common mission
Accounts Payable Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 10, 2012
On a typical day, I serve as the primary Customer Service contact for all Care Sites answering phone and email inquiries for accounts payable related issues. Reconciling vendor accounts and routing invoices to expedite payment are part of my daily routine.
As an integral member of the start-up team for AP Shared Services, I was able to establish many of the procedures and goals for the Customer Service group. As I learned more about the customer's needs and expectations, I communicated those to the AP Team Leads... everyone working together to adapt our processes to better serve our customers.
Because of our current high volume and short staffing, the hardest part of my job is in trying to quickly respond to everyone's needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the many personal interactions. I also enjoy reconciling vendor accounts, bringing resolution to any outstanding issues.
Wish I could have worked there longer
Sr. Analyst and Database Programmer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2012
I really appreciated the atmosphere at SCLHS, but the job security is a factor due to the integration of two health systems and elimination of job positions, which is what happened with me
Pros
good people
Cons
unstable job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6