The Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Development Office seeks a Donor Relations Manager in supporting an integrated, donor-centered, multi-million dollar development program on the regional level. The development program spans across the entire geography of the Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community, from Michigan to California, including its Community headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. The Donor Relations Manager will be serving our donors in the San Francisco, Burlingame, Sacramento, and Auburn, California areas. The position will be based in Burlingame, California with office time in Auburn, California.
Working under the direction of the Director of Development, the responsibilities of the Donor Relations Manager will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting an integrated, donor-centered development and stewardship program on the regional level to strengthen donor relationships and deepen financial support for the Sisters of Mercy mission and ministries, while ensuring exceptional donor care.
- Assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of local major, planned giving, and recurring donors.
- Maintain a portfolio of top 100+ annual donors and prospects for local region.
- Assist with identifying a continuing stream of prospects through donor relations.
- Organize and supervise an intensive stewardship program at the local level.
- Develop and maintain personal contact with prospects and donors.
- Organize and host local donor events.
- Be comfortable asking for cash and deferred gifts in the three-figure to five-figure range.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, education, communications, marketing, or a similar field. A minimum of three years of demonstrated, successful fundraising experience working in a professional development office and demonstrated success in gift solicitation in five-figure range. Fundraising database experience; working knowledge and understanding of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred.
The Sisters of Mercy from California to Michigan have begun a new Mercy moment. The six former regional communities are now the Sisters of...