SITA

SITA Employer Reviews

A good place to work
Technician Field Ops (Current Employee), Maui, HIMarch 5, 2014
Working in IT support at the airport is definitely a job that makes you feel like you are a part of something important. Overall SITA has been a good company to work for, offering yearly bonuses and the ability to work overtime if you want it.
Hardware/Data Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 5, 2014
Pros: working with different people
Cons: lunch breaks (eat on your down time)
While working for SITA I've come to learn many aspects of a typical day at the Airport and all the gears that need to turn in order to make the day run smooth. I have been blessed with an opportunity to work some of the brightest IT professionals, who also have been teaching me more through there own experiences. My job, isn't monitored a lot, because – more... management and my team have come to notice I get the job done, well and efficient. A typical day at work, would be to come in, walk into my area, check out my machines, make sure all is well, complete maintenance as required, and fix any problems that may have risen prior to me getting to work. – less
Crazy Company
Operations Director (Former Employee), North AmericaDecember 31, 2013
Pros: travel (if you like airports - cause that's all you will see)
Cons: desire for perfection / no operation budgets
operations management has to work like slaves, somehow the phase "salesmen, cheats and liers" comes to mind when i think of most of the companies executive. If you can create miracles, this is the place for you.
Once a good company
Senior Engineer Services & Infrastructure Ops (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: no real possibilty to advance
SITA was a good company but due to questionable lay off and management moves the product quality has suffered.
Feature of Management Corruption and Nepotism
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: the benefits are not that bad
Cons: management corruption and nepotism
Work to SITA for 3 years and I must say I spent much time on it, being a stable person, a loyal employee and I like to jump from job to job. But thank you for finding another job and be out of this hell.

Pros: The benefits are not that bad.

Cons: The management is the worst I've seen in my life. Devoid of professional qualifications, lower skills – more... to direct the staff, arbitrary and dictators. Maintain a ring in which if you're not part of the do not have the slightest hope to advance or be taken into account.

The employee morale is on the floor due to lack of motivation of management. If you are an otherwise qualified employee to receive recognition for your work, your boss tried by all means to you to be mediocre and seek the best way to crush.

It is a rot from the head to the lower levels of the company, a corrupt ring of people profiting from the mess and discouraging to people who have preparation and talent for them to continue profiting from their misery, doing nothing and preventing people that if want to work this unmotivated to them continue to shine despite their incompetence.

"This company has been in the market through contracts forced ties ... and in many cases lower prices for service contracts to be offered well below its competitors, Translated in reduction of employee benefits."

Worst of all is that senior management lately has closely spaced changes of position, yet they are still the same people placed in different strategic points to keep your ring corruption and nepotism ... and wanting to influence the front-line employee to offer their opinion for change, when in fact there is no slightest interest to make it happen. – less
I was elated to find a job
Site Administrator (Former Employee), LAXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: decent pay and 401k
Cons: management, environment, morals and terrible leadership that condones the immoral behavior
...until I started working there. If you are an honest person, pass on this company. They are corrupt from the top down. Their pay is not bad and they have a decent 401k plan but that's about it. The medical, dental are garbage. I am honestly amazed they are still in business.
Great workplace with opportunity to travel
Caribbean Dispatch Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 14, 2013
Pros: great office. game and relaxing room
Cons: healthcare, work hours.
A very stressful but professional work environment, in which you learn telecommunications and have the opportunity. to travel all over the caribbean
Great culture, very focused direction
Solution Designer / Sales Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2013
Pros: days off when needed.
Cons: none.
As a Solutions Designer, I would assist the sales team by qualifying customer needs. A typical day would involve taking the lead on technical questions and request for changes from the customer. Specific router changes would be implemented by a non-customer facing dept, so being a liaison between the customer and the engineering team was one of the – more... key functions. Order entry was a large part of the job as well. Some trouble ticket tracking was also necessary. – less
Glad I had the experience to move on.
MSP/VMS IT Program Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2013
Pros: awesome location. near i-75 and i-285 and cumberland mall
Cons: the cafe is horrible.
The managers are afraid of change and some what unorganized.
Sita
Multi-lingual Technical Support (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaApril 29, 2013
• I served as a point for first level troubleshooting for airlines worldwide
• I would determine our customer’s needs/issues and dispatch technicians accordingly.
• Was responsible for maintaining the functionality and operations for airport equipment ranging from bag tag scanners to complex operational software for airports spanning the globe.
Solving production issues on spot and smart working. We learned lot of new technologies and friendly work environment.
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYApril 18, 2013
Process Assurance Specialist/Requirements Manager
Process Assurance Specialist, CMMI ML3 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2013
Scheduled and held Process Assurance reviews with Technical Project Managers, verifying processes were followed and artifacts were created and maintained.

Assisted on a team to help the company obtain CMMI ML3.

Served as POC for Requirements Management requests such as, SoDA Reporting, RequisitePro/Requisite Web Maintenance, Use Case Management
A good place to start
Linux Systems Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: the absolute best benefits around.
Cons: the datacenter environments are unbelievably disparate and dated.
If you are looking for a place to learn and gain experience in the IT industry than SITA is a perfect start. It is a chaotic environment that is constantly changing and leaving behind large messes that equate to a global lab of sorts.

6% 401k Match
3 weeks vacation
Unlimited Sick Leave
Massive Flight Discounts
Use to be a nice place to work
prefer not to disclose (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 7, 2013
Reductions in personell, lack of innovation and constant reorganisation. Make SITA a place to avoid, most of the great talent has resign or their jobs been duplicated and force to leave. The company is on a steep decline and there is no hope in sight.
Stage (Former Employee), BeirutNovember 9, 2012
Cons: brs
1- Onsite Hardware and Software Maintenance
2- Problem Analysis and Preventive maintenance
3- Report to the IT Manager
4- Primary point of infrastructure support for end-users
5- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems on various types of computer systems and software, both remotely and onsite in an efficient manner
6- Perform implementation of application – more... upgrades and/or new releases
7- Assist in documentation of third party application systems, process flows and technical release notes for the purpose of recovery, patches, enhancements and upgrades – less
Poor work environment
ABAP Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 14, 2012
day starts with a training session , which is quite interactive.
learned a lot by interacting with different modules as working in developing appliucations of all modules involved with client.
hardest part of the job was not getting involved in the analysis of business requirements part.
the best moment was developing different applications in a different – more... way which was pretty amazing. – less
NOT A COMPANY TO WORK FOR!
Systems Support analyst (Former Employee), College Park, GAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: great pay, benefits & 401k matching.
Cons: no room for advancement.
SITA as a whole is not the problem. The problem is the managers & team leads. There is no sense of loyalty within that company whatsoever! Everyone there are out for only themselves. If you brown-nose (kiss up), you will move up. I was there for 8 years, and a contractor became my team lead after being there only two years. I wasn't even offered a chance – more... to apply for the position. The reason being, the contractor came in sucking up to all forms of management, regardless of the fact that he didn't know anything about nothing!! I had some personal issues that caused me to miss some days, but that was the first time, in 8 years, that I had to miss work. My work ethics were perfect! And they did not hesitate to just let me go. I wish them the best, but this is not a company I would recommend working for. – less
Senior Sales Position
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 15, 2012
Selling technology IT solutons to the travel markertplace. For example Cloud based, Mobile apps, Telecommunications/ Networks solutions. All Multi Million contracts to major companies like Airlines, Travel Agencies, etc.
Domestic and International selling expertise into the "C" level office
Hard work is always the solution
Representative Service Management (Current Employee), Amman, JordanMay 14, 2012
Pros: nothing especial
Cons: short breaks
* work load with full concentration.
* Break with colleagues.
* Good management of all tasks and following up.
* The most enjoyable part of the work is the new challenges with tackles my every day.
Acive and busy place, very large but fun work place
Project manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaFebruary 1, 2012
Cons: healthcare and health club
Large scale airport work place under extensive security measure and 24 hours rotational shift work however being in contact with various specialists and engineers made the environment pleasant to work and with additional future growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About SITA

The far-flung air transportation industry stays in touch because SITA sees to it. A telecom and IT services cooperative created – Read more