SiteLab Interactive has an opening for a senior Drupal/PHP Web developer to lead our team of in-house developers. This is a hands-on leadership role that offers the opportunity to guide our overall development strategy, mentor other developers and create websites for SiteLab's portfolio of high-profile clients. The Lead Developer will collaborate with graphic designers, developers, systems administrators, and account managers and clients. The ideal candidate should bring a combination of knowledge, positive attitude, flexibility and a strong attention to detail. This is a full-time position and requires working on-site in our La Jolla headquarters.
- Collaborate with account managers to define project scope and timings, and to produce time estimates
- Develop technical specifications for site builds based on functional requirements
- Build new websites, ecommerce sites and web applications
- Perform QA testing on sites to validate requirements and ensure cross-browser/platform compatibility.
- Maintain existing websites, trouble-shooting issues and/or adding new interactive features
- Help keep the team up-to-date with the latest developments in internet technologies
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Web development with advanced coding skills in a variety of programming languages including PHP, Perl, HTML/CSS, (ASP.Net a plus)
- 3+ years of advanced Drupal development experience including extensive experience in V7
- Extensive experience managing contributed modules and development of custom modules
- In depth knowledge of Drupal theming practices, including responsive design execution.
- Demonstrated experience with ecommerce platforms (ideally Drupal Commerce)
- Experience managing source control via Git or other source code management system
- Experience managing Drupal deployments between server environments (Dev, QA, Stage, Production)
- Leadership experience in a team development environment
- Experience developing projects under Agile, SCRUM or similar iterative unified processes
- Experience with software development life cycle including design and implementation, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Experience in scoping and estimating projects based on a loosely defined scope of work (sales support)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an interest in leadership / team development
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and manage time and responsibilities efficiently
SiteLab is a great place to work, just a block from the beach in La Jolla Shores. You'll work with an experienced team of Internet marketing professionals on interesting projects for well-known clients. Check out our portfolio at http://www.sitelab.com/Interactive_Agency_Portfolio/interactive-agency-portfolio.aspx/.
To apply, send an email with a cover letter including links to your best recent work and resume (Word, PDF or URL).
Applications without all of the above will not be considered.
SiteLab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small company and do not work with Recruiters - EVER. We are looking for a full-time employee -- not a contractor or telecommuter.
Indeed - 5 months ago