Sitel
1,288 reviews

Sitel Employer Reviews

it's a good
Sales Rep (Former Employee), PanamaNovember 20, 2014
I would say it's a good opportunity to get a tradeWhere you can experience a work force that fits your needs and wants.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Great opportunities, good pay, great environment, great people, good hours and bonuses. I learned about credit cards and how to better assist customers.
It was nice place to work, compared to other call centers fairly easy
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNNovember 19, 2014
It's not the best place to work, but not the worst. Most review's usually state that it's awful, but it's not. Fairly straight forward, for some it's their first none restaurant or retail job. Did have it's fair share of petty highschool drama, but coworkers are nice and friendly.
not bad
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Longview, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: ability to get hours
Cons: new employee evaluation
Received proper training for basic things, but not for more advanced issues. may be a little harsh on review for new employees.
Learning Experience
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Starkville, MSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: having weekends off
Cons: breaks too short and lunch
There really isn't a whole lot to tell I haven't been with the company that long. Yet far as I can tell its a fair place to work and grow. I have learned a lot in this short time I've worked here. Working in a call center you have to stay focused every day, be prepared and alert. Other than that you come in and do your best each day and start all back – more... over the next day. – less
Learned alot, although workplace was somewhat unprofessional
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at work was very relaxed. I was able to help customers get there day back on track.
Unorganized
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2014
Very unorganized the management sucks ! The people there take thier job too seriously.
FUN PLACE
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
EXCITED. CALL CENTER. MEETING NEW PEOPLE EVERYDAY. HUGE PLACE. MANAGEMENT WAS NICE AND ALWAYS FELT WELCOMED
Slow, boring work days
Agent (Former Employee), Andalusia, ALNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: boring, slow, sitting for long periods of time
Slow business, boring. Learned how to assist customers and run credit stuff.
Opportunity
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 9, 2014
Working for Sitel allows you to work on diverse projects. It allows for increased skills.
Worse then high school
technical support (Former Employee), las vegasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: too much to deal with for low pay
Their are numerous campaigns to work for but as an agent in tech support my time there was less then stellar.
In class training was ok but once you are on the floor, you are given mentors that have not had a proper mentor training. You will have 5 different answers from 5 different people! You have a coach that is stretched thin & running around from – more... 1 campaign to the next so if you have any questions or anything that needs to be resolved....good luck.
Once you 'graduate' you no longer have mentor training but 'coaches' and if you're lucky you'll get one that cares & is there. I hardly ever saw mine & found out that he's known for not being there....yay me.
You have a team on the floor that just yells, screams & makes noise. I think they like hearing themselves but you would think they would be hoarse at the end of the day.
They have tier 2 which is a joke. Some of them are nice & will help but some of them think they are Gods gift to whomever & act like everyone is beneath them. Let them try that attitude at a real corporation & see how far they get.
It's worse then high school so if you've been in professional environments before, stay clear away.
Plus, they promise things they don't deliver.
The company will bring in donuts & try things to lift morale but they should stop & use the money for raises, proper training & less turnovers.
Even the coaches will tell you there is a lack of communication between upper management & everyone else.
Plus, the place needs a major overhaul. The partitions are falling apart, bathrooms need updating & they really need new computers & chairs.....especially chairs!
The only good things were some of my coworkers, food trucks & knowing that I was moving on to greener pastures. – less
A good Place to be employed
Insurance administrator for employees of AT&T (Former Employee), norman, okNovember 9, 2014
Pros: the pay was great and the breaks were great.
I learned a lot about insurance benefits and how they work. I learned how to explain to an employee about their insurance. I learned how to assist in future planning of retirement and Medicare.

My coworkers were great, management was great.

The job itself was an enjoyable experience. I looked forward to going to work every day.
relaxed learning environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
Troubleshooting products, billing, and updating customer accounts.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), august gaNovember 6, 2014
I worked at sitel as a Verizon wireless rep. I learn a lot like how to talk to people in a professional manner, how to activate phones, how to help people who are having a technical problem and how to read a esn number on a mobile device. management was very strict and hard working. the hardest part of my job was dealing with a angry customer. the most – more... enjoyable was helping people resolve there problems – less
Apple Reps were exited to have the company as an outsource troubleshooting company
Apple Agent Tier 1 tech Support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2014
Pros: plenty of tier 2 tech support from apple engineers
Cons: basic management at sitel were not trained in the trouybleshooting of aspple products or issues, they cared more about the contract instead of the company itself.
basic troubleshooting tier 1 tech support for iphones, ipods, shuffles and minor apple equipment
AVOID THIS EMPLOYER LIKE THE PLAGUE!
CSR (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: full time work
Cons: see commentary above
New employee training in classroom adequate at best. No control of class shown, constant talking, etc. ONCE IN TRAINING, NEW HIRES ARE EXPECTED TO TAKE LIVE CALLS FROM CUSTOMERS, with minimal support. Mentors bully new hires with threats of missing out on monthly bonuses, no wage increase if you are late one minute from break. They state screen shots – more... are taken for every minute you are late, which is used against you when due for a raise or bonuses.

This company fired their Site Dir and two people under him in early October 2014. The multi million company in Augusta, Ga is disgusting, Carpeting worn, numerous old stains, ceiling tiles dis colored, cubicle partitions torn, graffiti written, etc.

Phone equipment is antiquated, new employees are issued used headsets. Totally disgusting place to work. And if you are of Caucasian descent, you don't stand a chance on successfully growing with the company. The ghetto talk by supervisors, coaches, and mentors is an embarrassment to the company they work for. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, SCREAMING, LAUGHING WHILE CSR ARE ON PHONES WITH CUSTOMERS.

Constant state of hiring/terminating hundreds of employees each month. Litigation pending on numerous cases regarding reverse discrimination, workplace bullying etc.

DO NOT APPLY THERE. FACILITY SHOULD BE CLOSED!!! – less
Work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 5, 2014
Customer Service- I enjoyed helping others and showing off my professionalism.
Learned a lot of skills
Customer Service/Technical Support /Sales (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 5, 2014
Ensuring quality procedure and expectations are met while providing updated, constant and precise information to customers. Skilled to save clients from removing programming by reselling value and figuring customer needs. Trained to up sell and maintain a positive view of the company with excellent customer satisfaction. Resolved customer technical – more... issues with troubleshooting experience. Approached by management to create and test new call flows. – less
Enjoyable place to work, quality management
Instructor (Former Employee), Washington Highlands, DCNovember 5, 2014
The Coordinator cares greatly about the quality of work, the student performance, and the advancement of employee education.
Great if you have LOW expectations
Work at home customer service (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaNovember 4, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: sitel exists
Red flag when I received emails from 3 recruiters to schedule my 2nd interview after I had already had my 2nd interview and was hired. My recruiter forgot to send my background/drug test info and never responded to my emails. Someone else finally emailed asking why I haven't done it yet. They work with reputable companies that outsource customer sevice – more... to them and they pay us $9.00 an hour and expect us to be motivated and care about their unreasonable standards. Depending on where you live, the pay is between $7.50 and $9.00. Management lacks the knowledge and qualifications. They are not professional and less motivated than we are. They send you equipment that's old and/or defective. They tell you to contact IT, but IT doesn't know what a computer is. It's truly a joke. The final straw is your paycheck is never right and when you finally reach someone, they're not motivated either. If your expectations are low, this is the company for you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sitel

When businesses need a little help in taking care of their customers, teleservices company Sitel (formerly ClientLogic) wants – Read more