Sitel Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,095 reviews matching the search
great place
Fraud Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 2, 2016
Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for making sure each employee is knowledgable of their duties before putting us to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
yes fun place to work and great break room
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 1, 2016
People there were very nice and accommodating. They offered free direct TV for all employees working there including the best packages they had. Also we won prizes for selling packages and getting the best customer service ratings. Managers were very nice and we each had our own working space with computer and phone. It was quiet and private. They also had party and events for employees and staff and had spirit days to make the work atmosphere fun!
Pros
Yes, sometimes
Cons
Yes 30 minute lunches and two 15 minute breaks
management
Customer Services Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 29, 2016
management was poorly chosen.
all management did all day was sit at desk and eat.
no work was ever done until the last minute or when the big bosses came in.
Pros
environment
Cons
management
Stressful
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALApril 29, 2016
The job is a very east job but it is stressful environment. It's easy money if you can get along with management. It is a drama work environment. If someone was to work at Sitel, I would recommend staying to yourself.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Nope. You're not this desperate.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  @homeApril 27, 2016
Recruitment thru training is deceptive or just doesn't know what the actual job you'll be doing is. I have a strong background in technical support, was promised a technical position, and then was placed in billing. I've worked from home for several companies including the one I am currently with and Sitel was by far the worst I tried.

Training content didn't match what was on tests, we didn't hear a single live call until the day before we were expected to start taking them and I can see why because they were brutal to listen to. As a bonus, the Sitel provided equipment regularly overheats and then the ISP is blamed. (This happened to several other trainees and the trainer but trainer still blamed trainees.) We were routinely told we had the very best trainer in the program but in 4 weeks of training, we did one single practice call apiece.

I have done everything from supervisor to dispatcher in call centers and this is the hardest job I've ever had with the very lowest pay. Not worth it. There are better choices.
Pros
Being home
Cons
Poor training, lowest pay of the work at home companies, brutal calls, sales quotas
Worst Place Ever
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
This is the worst place to work especially from home there scheduling as well as there is no moving up on the company. They are the absolute worst work at home jobs .
Pros
Be home
Cons
No elevation
good
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 25, 2016
good and quiet work environment
job offers decent benefits to employees
staff and hr could be more supportive and friendly
Diversive, challenging, and educational environment.
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 25, 2016
Talking with different people every day was interesting and fun. Every person had a different issue to deal with and this made the diversity of the job fun and challenging. I learned something new every day.
Do not work here
Coach (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 24, 2016
Worked at the pompano beach sitel location! Worse job of my life. Managers sleeping with agents and stealing company money. And agents stealing customer information. Everyone is to busy trying to block someone else's promotion to do their job effectively. High turn over right and down right awful company to work for. Run far away from sitel pompano beach.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Fine, assuming you're a perfect person with a perfect life.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2016
First, I'm a young thing right out of school, and I am far from a healthy person, both physically and mentally. At first, Sitel will say they are willing to accommodate for health, family, etc etc, but it isn't really true. They make it hard to really get the accommodations, even if you have good statistics and attendance. Myself, I'm in and out of the hospital fairly often, and while I do my best, I'm still written out despite having my notes and records in order. Others who have similar issues with family/school etc can say the same.

HR, while pleasant and nice, seems to give you the run around when it comes to getting the paperwork. Management is also nice, and I believe they do try their best to help, but lack of communication and empathy/sympathy make it real difficult to get anything done. My favourite part, personally, is getting to see my coworkers. They all have a great deal of care for eachother and myself. I've been taken care of better by coworkers than management.

Overall, assuming you're a perfect person with perfect health, family, and scheduling, it'll probably be fine, but it'll always feel like your job is under attack and your best is worthless.
Pros
Coworkers, laid-back
Cons
Lack of communication/understanding
first job
Customer/ Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30906April 19, 2016
this was my first job. therefore it was an eye iopener on what the work life would be. They were very patient and helpful when it came to helping me adjust to the workforce
Crooked Company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 15, 2016
If you are a family or depend on your paycheck, do not work here.
They constantly short your paycheck and make no really effort to fix it until the labor board is contacted. They change your schedule without your approval and fight with you after they've done this.
After resignation they try to withhold your last commission and blatant tell you that you won't receive it and tell you that "a form was signed upon hire stating that you will forfeit your last commission check upon resignation" (which is illegal by the way).
Management is poor and they are not available to you as they are in constant vacation so nothing ever gets done. It once took 3 weeks for the clock in system Kronos, to get reset after being locked out and management was asked daily to correct this but did not and there was no paycheck to cash in the following week due to their error. We had to wait another pay period to even receive the paycheck.
They do not treat employees with respect and do not care about paying them what they earn. The company looks for any excuse possible to keep from paying out the earned commission and no one on the corporate level has done anything about it.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Never paid correctly
Good workplace for beginning CSR's
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 15, 2016
Sitel has great training classes and are well prepared and thorough. In production you are assigned to a team with a coach and the coaches are very helpful with each person, you get a weekly side-by-side to help you improve and become a better agent.
Great Company
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 14, 2016
Great Company to work for. Honest and dependable. Reliable and people first culture. Appreciate the environment.

Managing client face reporting
Managing multiple data analysis pulls/projects
Maintains client face power point decks
Fun competitive environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
While working for Sitel as a Sony PlayStation representative I have acquired the following skills: typing skills have improved to 45-50 Words Per Minute, I have also learned the importance of effectively putting myself in the customer’s shoes and providing empathy on every call.While working for Sitel as a Sony PlayStation Technical Support Advisor I have learned to use my resources effectively while providing premier customer service to our customers. Management works effectively with every employee. Honestly, i don't find anything about my job difficult. I enjoy assisting consumers, resolving their issue, and hearing the enthusiasm in their voice.
Pros
Playing video games during lunch.
Horrible place to work
CALL CENTER AGENT/ MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 12, 2016
I worked at this place for almost two years...got a promotion and no raise. Management treated you like you were kids. Most unprofessional place I've ever worked at. I would never go back if it was the last place on earth.
Pros
close to home
Cons
EVERYTHING
Coach (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 12, 2016
Fast paced call center, not for everyone but promotions come quickly to hard workers! Must be a people person because that's who you will be dealing with all day every day, people.
Flexible, supportive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 12, 2016
Working at Sitel is a blessing; the managers and supervisors are highly supportive and understanding. They always want what is best for you, letting you easily confuse them for your best friend. I worked at the Asheville NC location, so I can only speak for that site, but I imagine the other sites are equally supportive. The only downside is that the customer base for some clients can create some challenging calls.
Pros
non-threatening open door policy, understanding management, flexible hours
Cons
low pay rate and little room for advancement
great pay and promotions
Call agent/ mentor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 12, 2016
Great company with really great in house promotions and pay Strict dress code and very demanding fast paced call center.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managers dont support very well
Overall a great place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT/COACH (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 11, 2016
I loved working at Sitel. I loved the people. They were my family away from home. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I learned so many things working at Sitel and it helped me grow as a person.
Pros
Someone was always there for you.
Cons
Too much downtime during the holiday season.