SiteOne Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

Credit and Collections Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2017
Nothing stressful about the job however management lacked the ability to separate personal feelings from professional. I would suggest to anyone applying here to stay to yourself and do your job.
Good co-workers, Horrible Managment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  SouthApril 5, 2017
Some of the best people I have worked with on a daily basis. The two or three times a month an Area or Business Manager comes to the Branch the whole day turns bad. I have never seen anything like it. Upper management is so out of touch from expectations and reality it is not even funny. The growth of the company is great and eventually management will get things figured out. In the mean time the three bad days are tolerable when you have to deal with incompetent bosses.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Area managers who drop in unannounced and dont offer any help
was good
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 28, 2017
was a long time ago, but remember it being a good place to work. coworkers were good, always got the wok done, but had fun in the process. lots of freedom.
Excellent
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 24, 2017
John Deere Landscapes was a great environment until management and directional change. The change in name and management has lead to less than average rating
shipping/receiving
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 15, 2017
manager at riverside branch is awesome. hours were pretty standard. if you wanted overtime was usually available. manager understood if school or prior engagement caused you to leave early or adjust start times. even delivery drivers had to make cold calls (sales)
Pros
benefits were ok. manager understood if need to jam early.
Cons
pay was weak. made everyone make sales cold calls even the shipping/recieving employees.
Excellent Team!
DOT Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 27, 2017
Outstanding working group of individuals focused and determined to satisfy the staff and customers we provide. The main goal and objective is to push safety throughout each and everyday to ensure every employee is in a safe work environment.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
NONE
satisfactory job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDJanuary 22, 2017
This was a good day to day job with good work constituents until management changed. As with every job when management is changed so does the daily tasks change. In this case the manager was incapable of dealing with managing more then two people and couldn't handle the volume of pressure of that store.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 21, 2017
Good place to work, learned a lot about trees and different plant. Really enjoy my job and the people and the work culture.
Way to busy and not enough staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Drinking and foul language in front of customers and consistent micromanaging avoid this place at all costs delivery manager is racist and drunk 24/7
Benefits
Cons
You will never get to enjoy the benefits because of a rigorous schedule
A very productive company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 3, 2017
A very productive company. I loved working amongst all the seasonal plants, and the wholesale department was exciting to meet all the people involved in making the world a more beautiful place. The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the paperwork for every employee, not everyone is tech literate. I learned a lot about the different flora and irrigation equipment.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks on the clock
Cons
no healthcare provided for office employees
Good job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  RiversideDecember 12, 2016
The business it good they offer a lot of hours because there are not enough employees we are two men short. I have learned a lot the little time I have worked here. I am looking for a different long term job.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
To busy not enough employees
great place to work
Lead Laborer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 13, 2016
very good place to work at entry level. coworkers are great. new management is very good. sales people are knowledgeable, maybe best in this business. benefits and pay very good.
employees are treated with respect. sometimes fun place to work, sometimes serious, but always professionalism.
Pros
great manager, coworkers.
Cons
short lunch break.
Dull Place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical day involves answering phones, helping customers, arranging deliveries, handling finances, managing the inside of the store.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
not fun to work at
Horrible Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  White Plains, MDSeptember 29, 2016
Work environment created by management at the store I was employed was the worst I've ever seen. I witnessed my assistant manager curse out a customer and throw them out of the store. This manager was harassing to myself and others on a daily basis. I informed my general manager, and then human resources and they both refused to admit that there was a problem. They asked me to resign instead.
Pros
Good salary range
Cons
Workplace harassment allowed and regular foul language and racist comments by a manager
Great work environment!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 28, 2016
Over 13 years the company has changed names 3 times and or been acquired. The culture has changed as has the focus. The people in the branches are great, solid performers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
SiteOne IT service desk review.
IT Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 11, 2016
Shifts are 9 hours with a 1 hour lunch M-F with 3 available; 6-3, 7-4 and 8-5. Rotating shift on Saturday's comprising of 2 service desk analysts working from 6-3. On extremely rare occasions you will be asked to work beyond your scheduled shift.

There are an abundance of things to learn. The company is extremely safety conscience and has ongoing training. There are also mandatory online training throughout the year provided by Go Train.

Management understands and acts on the fact that employees can make or break a company and as a result they have helped foster an extremely good culture which permeates the entire organization.

Hardest part of the job is when the phones 'blow up' after a necessary HW or SW upgrade. They also have a proprietary program which is developed in house.

In a nutshell the most enjoyable aspects are the every day challenge of being the best you can be, the comradery developed with your co-workers locally and across the nation. LEARNING, LEARNING, LEARNING!
Pros
Management, learning opprotunities, work hours, benefits.
Wholesale\Retail Agronomic Distribution
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 10, 2016
Product sales through customer interaction and discovery.
I learned expanded knowledge of turf and landscape products through sales and product training.
Management was in flux while I was there. My original team was hard working, dedicated, and supportive.
Co-workers are some of the best in the industry.
Hardest part of the job was working with new management and new company direction.
Most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction and problem solving.
Busy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXJuly 26, 2016
The pay and benefits are good. Some days you will be lucky to get a lunch. Management could improve. Each day you stay pretty busy
Pros
Good pay, get OT, good benefits
Cons
breaks, management
Good place
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They do a great job of creating a supportive environment. Training, compensation, and everything were positives for me.
Work Place
SiteOne Landscape Supplies (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great company, I really enjoy working for the company they have great ethics, and core values. They are currently going through a hug growth phase and they are still trying to figure things out.
Pros
You can disconnect from work when needed to
Cons
Base salary is not competitive per the market or work you do for the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiteOne Landscape Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

SiteOne Landscape Supply Reviews by Location