Sittercity Employee Reviews in United States

Safe, reliable venue to find parents in need of a nanny.
Professional Nanny (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 16, 2016
The most challenging part about nannying is that there are no co-workers to bond with (aside from the childrens' parents when they come home from work.) However, I've had great relationships with many of the moms and dads I've worked for through Sittercity because the site does a pretty good job of helping nannies sift through to find kind and caring parents.

Nannying requires a lot of patience, but it's also incredibly rewarding. I love working with children AND seniors, and I'm grateful that Sittercity has always provided safe and reliable means to communicate with and interview families.
Good Job
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2016
The site was definitely easy for me to navigate and it landed me a job that a greatly enjoy. I found a great family to Nanny for. This job has definitely benefitted me in multiple ways.
Pros
Found local nanny positions available
Cons
None that I can think of
Fake Accounts
nanny (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 20, 2015
I keep receiving requests from people All over the world with bogus accounts. It's so annoying. I'd like to receive a legitimate job offer.
Quick and Easy
Nanny (Current Employee) –  San JoseMarch 23, 2015
Great job placing me with a family to nanny, that I love and have been with for 2 years now. I have gained more experience in leadership, time management, and communication skills. While being a full time student and nanny I love being an inspiration for the children, and helping them grow and learn new things everyday.
Good place to find a babysitting job
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Highland, INJune 24, 2015
Sittercity has respectful and reliable clientele. I have yet to have any issues in regards of this website with anybody. So far nobody has any fake accounts so it's very safe.
Exciting and productive work enviornment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Sittercity made it easy to find a parent who was interested in my schedule to watch over their child(ren). I was lucky to have babysat a child who lived very close to me, making it very easy to pick up and drop off the child if I ever had to. Setting up dates and specific times made me feel very secure using the site.
Fun and flexible
Child Care (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2015
Allows me to create my own schedule and set my own compensation. The most enjoyable part of this job is that kids are involved and it opens your eyes as to how to handle an infant. It allows you to explore different areas of the city due to play dates and walks around the neighborhood.
Pros
flexible
productive
Nanny/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2013
I was happy after the days work knowing that I have done my best to do the task I am expected to do. I learned to be understanding, patient, organized with my daily routine, skilled in my job, lovable and caring person, good cleaner and friendly. I do my job without being told or supervised by my employer, I am the only nanny/housekeeper, not being able to finished my job for the day cause of something happen unexpectedly, I feel that I make my employer and the kids I look after happy and feel loved.
Pros
my employer treat me on my b-day and anniversary like buy me a cake and give me present.
Cons
i go on vacation during their vacations
A fun job of holding responsibilities the only job where you can be a kid while you take care of kids.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAApril 12, 2012
A typical day at work is fun and playful, I come in the mother leaves for work and I watch over their one year old son and dog. I make sure the house is clean after a day of running around the house playing with all the toys. I cook dinner and clean up afterwards. I make sure that their son stays out of the cabinets, keep him away from things that may harm him. A very relaxing enjoyable job, as long as you know how to change diapers and deal with temper tantrums.
Pros
free food, safe environment, enjoyable
Cons
none.
Sittercity
Nanny Jobs (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, California, LaytonOctober 22, 2012
Sittercity is not a company, it is a Website online that you go to find nanny job, pet sitting jobs, taking care of the elders. It is a very good website! I had three different jobs from sittercity. I nannied and I loved it. I love everything about children. They teach me so much and are so much joy to be around. I have learned how to take care of children way better, to help families out that need it. It is a very hard job, bathing, cleaning up the kids, helping with homework, and picking up and dropping them off at their activites. At the end of the day, I am exhausted, but it is all worth it! I love it!
Pros
playing all day, helping kids out, playing games.
Cons
screaming kids, throwning things, not obeying.
life as a nanny
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2012
I enjoyed every minute taking care of a newborn baby boy. I treated him as if he was my own even though at the time i didnt have any children. I enjoyed feeding, trying to sing to him lol,reading playing and watching him grow before my eyes.It was a great experince and becuase of it,I am the mother I am today.
Pros
caring for a baby and teaching him new things
Cons
the family moved out of town and i lost contact
Very Productive Place To Find Sitter Jobs
Private Nanny (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2012
It is an online community where nannies and sitters go to find the perfect job. Pet Sitters as well! The management is very well taken care of, providing background and DMV background checks. It is an independent company. The job is very easy with experience. All of this job is enjoyable.
Pros
free service
Cons
have to navigate by self.
On call babysitter for families
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 7, 2012
As an on call babysitter, I would be contacted whenever a family needed a sitter. I would watch children from 5 to 10 hours. I would watch movies, bake cookies, play board games, go to the park, go swimming, bike riding, take them to their games, prepare food, bathe, read books, get them ready for bed, etc.
Children
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 16, 2014
I love working with children and this job allowed me to. I was able to cook, help with homework, picked kids up from school, played outside. I worked with kids from 6 months up to the age of 7.
Great site for Nannying
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2014
I loved all of the families I worked for through this company, and it was definitely something I greatly enjoyed!
Great place for sitters to find jobs.
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
I've been apart of this site for 2 years now and so far so good!
Versatile
Nanny (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 26, 2014
I love working with Sittercity, I meet many people and have many oportunities!!
great babysitting jobs
Nanny (Current Employee) –  staffordJanuary 26, 2013
they are really helpful with get your babysitting/nanny jobs.

4.2