Situs Companies Employee Reviews

Strong Environment to Gain CRE Knowledge and Experience
- (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: volume and exposure to cre
Cons: benefits
Situs is a consulting firm that provides a variety of commercial real estate services including staffing the underwriting platforms for CMBS lenders.
HIgh turnover and constant departmental changes
Former Analyst (Former Employee), Robbins, NCDecember 18, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: all the rest
The only thing for sure at this place of business is that tomorrow you may or may not have a job. They would transfer you around on a whim. Their bar was raised weekly. Constant layoffs. I was told regularly that the reason for the location in Robbins was so they could pay really low wages. That was a real incentive booster. Lots of favoritism. As long as you are a company cheerleader, you can sit in your cubicle and play Candy Crush all day without getting any real work done.
The company sponsored lots of "fun" office activities during work hours which were great, but employees were pressured to participate even if you had a heavy workload. It was stressful. Most employees were surprisingly unfriendly for such a small town, especially management. I guess they know people won't be there long enough to get to know.....
Fun environment
Associate, Real Estate Consulting (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2013
Great place to learn all there is to know about real estate. There is significant autonomy as well as support to help form a strong base of real estate knowledge.
Needs improvement
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the environment and having a nice size cubicle to do the work.
Cons: the attitudes of some of the departments.
A typical day was handling issue of commericial real estate clients. Situs had a serious complaint from their clients. The clients were not getting their problems handled. My responsibility was to contact client and get the problems handled. At first the clients were very upset about not receiving resolution to their accounts. So being insulted/cursed out was a daily part of the job for a little while. Once I handle their account most of the time I received an apology and thank you. Working with my co-workers was a joy. We worked as a team to help each other with the handling of the accounts when we had no idea how to begin to handle. My whole team was new including my manager who was employed after me. The hardest part of the job was waiting on other departments to do their part in resolving the problem such as escrow issues. The enjoyable part of the job was being productive and alleviating the many problems, getting a smooth flow of business.
Poor business culture with focus on profitability and high productivity
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: high stress, low reward
Company sets unrealistic goals and expectations combine with poor compensation for performance. High turnover rate yields to poor culture environment.