Six Flags, Inc.
1,162 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Alright
Hostess (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2015
Not a bad job for a busy college student. Only working weekends when it wasn't busy was pretty great. Would recommend it if you have a busy schedule.
fun but strick
LEAD, SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN (Current Employee), valencia, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: free admissions intto the park
Cons: no benifits other than tickets, managment
magic mountain is a fun place to work because of fellow employees, but the management at the park is horrible. they go by favoritism and who knows who. advancement is hard and far between. it is my first job and I cant imagine a better one but it is time to move on, my co-workers made the job the fun experience it is but the drama is something I can not continue with which has to have been the hardest part. the most enjoyable is getting to meet new people and get cultured, I enjoy the work and the interactions with the guest and employees.
Great workplace with friendly coworkers/staff.
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Clocking in system made break times shorter
Learned how to juggle multiple tasks, work in a high stress environment, manage multiple callers on phone. The hardest part of the job was sometimes reaching out to a fellow supervisor when a guest had an issue that required higher authority due to high volume of guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the crew I worked with. They made it really enjoyable for me and made me very comfortable; it was easy to approach them when I needed help with anything.
Extremely Fun Workplace
Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Huge discounts throughout the park, Interaction with guests
Cons: Uniform, Standing in the heat
I would arrive to work at least 15 minutes early to go change into my work uniform. Then I would go clock in. From there I would have to walk all the way to the front of the park. When I start in the morning, we would all line up and grab a scanner and say the pledge and begin to start letting people into the park. My afternoon shift consisted of me just coming in and releasing someone. We had one manager that always seemed like something was bothering her. But all the other manager were really nice and cheerful. I met a couple of friends working at Six Flags. Everyone was so cool. Some of us would even come up to the park on our off days. The hardest part about this job was the heat in the summer. It was unbearable in most cases. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with guests.
Caterer (Former Employee), Austell, GAApril 11, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
it was okay until the 4th of July when i was working and when i was leaving work waiting on the Bus to go home from work something Worried happen
Strict workplace with limited benefits, but fun and productive
Team Member (Former Employee), Austell, GAApril 11, 2015
In a typical day at I work, I would fulfill the duties of cash handling and registering, food prepping and janitorial work as well. Time management and pace are two techniques I've learned at Six Flags. With a constantly busy and demanding park, you have no choice but to work as quick as possible. This is the hardest, but one of the most engaging part of the job. Sometimes, if it gets really busy with no intentions of slowing down any time soon if at all, you can kiss your break(s) goodbye! On the bright side, the most enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers. It's amazing how different and cool the people I met on this job were. If only I could have worked at Six Flags longer, who knows the relationships and connections I could have formed!
Lots of walking and cleaning up
Park Service Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: Free tickets, and easy to move up
Cons: Short breaks and no employee meals
A work day at the park is full of walking around and cleaning up the park, while watching over team members and making sure they complete work done correctly and assisting them with whatever they need help with. The hardest part is constantly walking around during the day in the sun.
Had fun
Décor Crew Member - Off Season Entertainment Tech (Former Employee), Arlington, TexasApril 11, 2015
Had fun at the job. You can easily get any job at Six Flags. its very fast paced. if you want to develop customer sevice skills, six flags is the start.
Great Job
Games Supervisor (Current Employee), Austell, GAApril 10, 2015
I worked here for 4 years and I loved it. Every year it gets better and better. It does have its bad sides to it but overall its a great place to work.
Different
Associate Lead (Former Employee), Eureka, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly Enviroment
Cons: Barely days off
This was my first job and it was very different for me with working people of different kinds of cultures and ages. But I learned a lot and it showed me that I was very good with communication skills. I could not agree with the management since they wouldn't let us go home when we were off, even when our parents would call for us. Along with the benefits we had always had a catch to them. The co workers were mainly around my age and were very friendly and hard working as well.
Awesome!
Hostess / shift lead in trainning (catering) (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free day passes, free parking, great management
A typical day at a theme park was like living in a dream, rides, laughter and endless fun.
I learned so much from this job, I learned I could accomplish anything with a little work and some effort, i also learned what a great team and great management looked like! My co-workers were amazing, all different ages and different backgrounds so diverse but we all worked together. For me the hardest part of the job was leaving every day. The most enjoyable part was being able to come to work and being able to love what I did. I was never more proud to wear a uniform and come to work like I was when I worked there. I honestly wish I could go back.
A good job for someone in school
Security Officer (Former Employee), Agawam, MAApril 7, 2015
This was a summer job I had and a part time job while I was in high school. The advancement was there if I wished to continue this, but sought a more fulfilling path.
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Supervisor/Front Gate (Former Employee), Agawam, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: takes up your summer
At Six Flags there is no typical day at work its always different. Ive learned to talk to guest and defuse situations. The fun part of the job is it was always different and you can learn something new every day.
Energetic and Busy area
Maintenance Foreman (Current Employee), Queensbury, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: I enjoy minimal overtime, park benefits (passes), vacation time
Cons: management, no communication, long hours (80 a week sometimes)
My job at Six Flags has taught me an incredible amount of information in the past 15 years, and for that I am grateful. I was promoted to Foreman in 2011/2012 and now am responsible for a crew of 4 men on a daily basis. This time of year (April and May) we begin set up of the rides- cleaning, setting up, troubleshooting, safety inspections, etc. During the off season we work on all of the equipment for rehab purposes. Management is very poor where I work, and it is ultimately the reason I seek a new place of employment. I see no room for further advancement, because of the management- despite my years spent at this park and this disappoints me. I really enjoy the men I work with and will have a very hard time leaving my current team, but I also have a wife and 2 children at home that I need to think of as well. It's because of them at home that I choose to seek a new employment.
Overall challenging place to work with a lot of growth
Internal Loss Prevention Lead Investigator (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 6, 2015
I make a list of employees who should be investigated. Myself and my team investigate employees to ensure we have enough evidence to prove they are creating a loss to the company. We conduct an investigative interview with the employee to coincide with the evidence that we found. After the interview, we write a report on the employee and send it to Human Resources to decide the outcome of the employee. This place challenges me to improve and the management provides great feedback. The company allows many chances to move up in the company. It is a company i enjoy working for.
Great Place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2015
Honestly if I were to ever go back to Atlanta I would work there. I loved being surrounded by people having fun.

1:A typical day at work moves pretty fast and easy. Greeting customers and making transactions usually with a joke or a smile added.

2:I learned a lot of patience and understanding whenever a customer had a complaint.

3:Management is laid back but when it came to rush our or really busy summers , we were all on accord as a team.

4:I am a goofy guy so I always had co-workers laughing which made stressful days a little easier to handle for all of us.

5:The hardest part of the job would have to be the hot sun because after a while of being out , you get pretty dehydrated.

6:The Best part of the job is seeing the smiles on everyone's face. watching them enjoy themselves put a smile on my face.
A stepping stone to get into the working world.
Games Lead (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAApril 2, 2015
This was a great first job. Got work experience and had a lot of fun working at Six Flags. My co-workers there became very good friends which was the best part of working here.
Harris Teeter
Cash Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Largo, MDMarch 29, 2015
Harris Teeter was all about Customer Service. Customer Service was their number one goal. There all customer how you wanted to be treated. Harris Teeter was an awesome place to work.
Fun environment, overworked and under paid
Team Member (Former Employee), Mitchellville, MDMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, discounted tickets to park, free park events for team members
Cons: Over worked ans under paid
It is fun to work at the park to be in its environment but you will be over worked and left outside standing in the blazing sun for hours without water or food. Managers will forget to give you breaks. But there are a lot of free events for team members.
job type
Games Operator/ Host (Former Employee), valencia caMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free park entry
Cons: still had to pay for expensive park food
it was okay not the best pay for what was required;; only perk was being able to enter the park and bring one friend;;seasonal with very little hours to offer

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Photos