Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,632 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 27, 2016
It's an okay job. You get 45 minute breaks. The supervisors are helpful. Your team members help you with anything you need. If you are confused about anything you can ask anyone there and they will help you.
fun work place, very productive
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2016
Come in to work operate two rides on a 12 hour shift and go home.
It was fun working with so many different people, six flags has foreign workers
Pros
discount on food
Cons
So hots, sun damage
fun place
cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 27, 2016
cook food and get the cash ready for the day and from there i talk to the guest around the park and laugh and joke with my co-workers
Pros
free tickets
Cons
not long enough breaks
Productive and fun workplace with various rides and games.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 26, 2016
Tasked with managing all the cash transactions in my workplace that I was assigned. Balance the daily account at the end of each day and check the daily cash balance. Provide interaction with the customers that come to the counter and solve all their cash related inquiries. Must check for the price of products and any discounts or offers. Maintain store cleanliness and show excellent customer service.
Pros
Free entry
Cons
Hot weather, low pay
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 25, 2016
Great company to work for, awesome variance of situations and people to work with. Not too far of a drive to get there also.
very positive
Park Services Supervisor Six Flags New England (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 22, 2016
fun workplace environment. my co-workers were very understanding,hard working individuals.for someone just starting out a good stepping stone learning lifes lessons.
Pros
many new friends made.
Team effort throughout the day in the parking lot
Parking lot officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2016
Always working as a team in decreasing car break-ins, assisting guests, and conducting traffic during peak days of the season
Pros
Co-workers and supervisors always staying poitive
Cons
Very hot with sometimes no A/C in the security trucks
friendly and productive
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 22, 2016
the coworkers at six flags are very outgoing and friendly.the management is very nice and helpful. most enjoyable thing at this job is working and meeting new and different types of people. the hardest part about the job would have to be keeping up the cleaning
Family place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 20, 2016
I worked in Culinary services. I helped prepare the nachos and made popcorn and slurpies. I also worked the cash register and we had to make sure to up sell sport bottles. We had to work face paced becauses it was nearly always packed
Pros
Ride Night
Cons
The distance
Fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 19, 2016
Direct traffic and make sure everyone safe. Check middle. Greet the guest as enteting. Walk around the park to make sure the park is safe with no fights or missing children.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hot weathet
Productive and Fun!!
Games Host (Current Employee) –  Magic MountainJuly 19, 2016
typical day: operate 4 games, 2 breaks: 15min. 1 lunch: 45min
What I learned: how to perform fast clean friendly safe service
management: really get involved
co-workers: awesome
hardest part: remembering how much to drop to keep till even.
most enjoyable: the people
Pros
The People, Lunches
Cons
Strict polices, Fast paced at times, be good with money
Fun Place
Corporate Alliance Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
Corporate Alliance Internship programs is a good way to gain experience with speaking with different levels of management
Pros
Six Flags
Cons
Dresscode
As a team member i was taught and given many opportunities to further my work ethic.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 19, 2016
Gave me a realization of how work ethic and attire should be. Working there gave me the ideal world meaning of work in general.
Pros
All year free entry to any Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor park, insurance they provide along with eighteen percent off any at&t network plan.
Cons
Being in the heat dealing with angry customers on daily basis.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Lead of Ride Operations (Former Employee) –  vallejo CaJuly 18, 2016
Six flags was my first job at the age of 17.Being in a leadership role at a young age helped me gain a lot of expierences.The co-workers help make working long everyday bareable.
productive, fast paced, and very friendly work environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 18, 2016
the job was very fast paced, required a lot of customer attention as well as team effort with your fellow employees to keep the place well maintained, stocked, and clean at all times. the supervisors and management was very professional at all times keeping the stores and people running efficiently at all times. the hardest part of the job was when it gets really busy, but it was also the most fun getting to talk and assist and help all the different people you come across.
Pros
very friendly staff
Cons
hours weren't guaranteed
Busy but friendly workplace
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2016
Would get to work early in the after noon, leave late at night. Very friendly place to work at, everyone even customers great you with smiles! All areas kept to themselves honestly, but most were friendly.
Fun and exciting to work with
Rides Operation (Former Employee) –  Jackson, NJJuly 17, 2016
Working in Six Flags especially in a fast pace coaster is very tiring job and its really crucial because the safety of guest depends in your hands. I learned a lot in United States, I learned how to work with other people, I learned how equal they are when it comes to work like even if your a girl or boy you should have to do what your supervisors told you to do. I worked with different internationals like Jamaicans, Chinese, Thai's, Syberians, and of course Americans and they have different culture as I am but still I learned how to mingle with them. The hardest part of my job is when the guest got angry and saying things that is not good to hear in front of many people. Second is going up 230 feet at the lift to have a safety checks every morning. But above all I really enjoyed working with different people and I enjoyed working in Six Flags because I had so much experience to keep and to apply on my coming work place.
Fun
Membership Call Center Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2016
Great Place to work always fun and exciting i would recommend it to other people to apply and enjoy it. Six Flags offers great benefits and pay. Great for young kids as a first job
Day at six flags
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 15, 2016
VERY VERY HOT!! But besides that very fun place to work. Its a day full of entertainment and fun. You see and meet ALOT of people from all over the world that come to TX for vacation.
It's a very Busy Envoirment place of employment. I enjoy staying busy and the coworkers were plesant to work with as a team.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 13, 2016
it was truly the most fun place to work at. I just had a hard time with my health at the time and transportation. I even enjoyed the walking around a lot. It just was hart to keep up with my illness and the walking and swelling.
Pros
the free season pass and buddy pass
Cons
the walking constently and less working