Six Flags, Inc.
1,203 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

did not like
Games Host (Former Employee), gurnee ilMay 22, 2015
Pros: noooooooo
Cons: everything
the co workers were ok but supervisors showed favoritism and were not respectful. they also over worked and forgot lunch breaks a lot. do not work there ever.
Opperating rides and insuring customer safety
Ride Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: free admition to six flags and discounts for everything
Cons: short break, no sitting, extreme heat, little pay
Every day I worked here I would go in, prepare for work and go to my assigned ride for the day. Occasionally I'd get a few people who would be too big or too small to ride the rides and have to go through the same conversation over and over again with different people. Having to do that and keep your cool when they blow up at you takes a lot of patience and control to be as polite as possible.

My management took very good care in the company and their employees they were in charge of, they were friendly and easy going, easy to communicate and get along with. My co-workers were just the same, like a big family you didn't have to live with working together.

The hardest part of the job for me was to tell the larger people that they were too big to get on the ride I was operating, their expressions of embarrassment or anger were upsetting having to deal with it eery day. On the plus side the people who did get to ride were thrilled and satisfied when they left the ride, occasionally getting the group of teenagers or young adults who were always so thrilled to be there.
fun exciting place work with decent benefits
ticket sales (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 21, 2015
Six Flags is a job where people work to make extra cash or make it of a career filled with decent benefits and long lasting relationships its not ideal place for most people to do but it helps if the ideal individual is going from paycheck to paycheck
Fun Place to Get Started
Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
While it may not be the ideal place to have a career. It is certainly the right place to learn ideal skills to eventually find that career opportunity. In the chance you do get lucky enough to have a career with this company, consider yourself lucky! Most likely you will be applying elsewhere and looking to move across the company to find where your skill sets fit.
excitment amusement parks
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Agawam, MAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work at six flags was just knowing the rules being in a clean safe work place remembering the guide lines and make sure your customers are safe and comfortable

I learned that people also count on you to feel safe and also to have fun so you have to be on your p's and q's.

The hardest part of the job was being serious so many children trying to having fun you enjoy it so maybe there was no hard part

loved the job.
A good first job THAT'S IT !
Hostess (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 20, 2015
Pros: 40 hours almost guaranteed
Cons: Working conditions ( i.e outside)
A good first job but as far as a long term thing I personally wouldn't suggest it, but overall I had a pleasant experience.
Great workplace Love everything!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good discount on merchandise, free admission in park, free admission to concert.
Cons: Hot outside, Random checkpoints
Six Flags was a great working experience I love almost everything about the job other than the random security checkpoint days. The boss would normally always go out there way to compensate you for example "donut day" "buy water for you" and you build bonds with people there I love working at the Wave Pool or Slides.
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of greeting the customers, and prepping food. This was a great1st job I loved the environment management and my coworkers.
Trainer/ Ride Operator (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 18, 2015
• Providing World Class Service to Guest
• Instructing other Team Members how to operate rides as well as teaching them to follow Safety Code
Typical High school job
Game Attendant (Former Employee), Eureka, MOMay 18, 2015
Everyone that works there are all around the same age, so it isn't a very professional environment, and it's full of drama. It is a fun environment none the less.
very fun
cashier (Former Employee), upper marlboro marylandMay 18, 2015
I learned how to better my skills
management was very great to the employees
there really was no hard part the job the job was very fun and exciting
I loved working with employees and customers
Enjoyable employees
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: $1.00 meals for lunch
Cons: Transpertation
Working at Six Flags was very fast pace, and the reason why I liked working there was because of the employees and customers. I do not agree with the rules that are applied to the workers.
good first job
Food Service representative (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 16, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management communication
for someone who has never worked before it's a good "first job" but I wouldn't want to go back there again. the coworkers were fun and I made some great friends, but the management was poor as well as the communication between the supervisors and HR people. the pay was good, but the hours were long and hot.
Fun place to work, but low pay
In-Charge/Ride Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMay 13, 2015
Pros: Lovely incentives (tickets for giving great service), fun workplace
Cons: LOW pay
I LOVED being a ride operator. Engaging with the guests was awesome, day by day. They're there to have fun, and you should have fun, too. I acquired management skills as an in-charge (I had to train and certify other ride attendants and keep track of their breaks, and respond to guest inquiries and concerns). Six Flags takes guest satisfaction seriously. If you lose your position here, it's because you do not live to their expectations in regards to hospitality, because that's number one.
My only real complaint is the low pay, but advancement isn't an impossible venture, you just have to want it.
Alright for starting out.
Team Member (Former Employee), Arlington, TexasMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free Admission, Discounts on shopping, fun environment
Cons: The heat, no insurance, seeing all the rides and not being able to ride them yet.
I'd start out normally by listening to the heads and then get to my post and take tickets.
I learned the basics of customer service and handling angry customers.

My co-workers were mainly teenagers with a few older folks who'd been there a while. Everyone was extremely friendly. There was also employee gatherings that I attended with a few co-workers I had made friends with. I enjoyed my time there.

The hardest part of the job was probably the heat. And summer was when most people came since we were open everyday.

The most enjoyable part was seeing people happy to come in. I love seeing kids and family's come through the gates with as little problems as possible.
it was fun
lead (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 12, 2015
it was a fun experience overall. I learned that if you show responsibility they move you up in position very quickly but you get a very small pay raise if anything. I was a ride operator and had to oversee up to 6 other people at once.
Friendly, Fast, Fun, Service
Food Service (Former Employee), Austell,GAMay 12, 2015
Pros: discounts, free park visits, work incentive program
Cons: management
The hustle and bustle of food service here was both fun and exciting. There was never a dull moment. I enjoyed working here mainly because of the customers and my coworkers. There was a very laid back, friendship vibe here.

I had a few managers that were immature but overall the experience was fun. The most enjoyable part was that on days off, one could gain free access to the park as well as the work incentives. I disliked the long closing hours.
Interesting place to work at and meet different types of people
Season Pass ID Photographer/ Front Gate (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJMay 11, 2015
Pros: Having a free pass and buddy pass to the park
Cons: Work was seasonal
I worked well with my co-workers. Everyone worked together to process season passes as quickly as possible so that the guests could enjoy their day at the park. I also enjoyed interacting with the guests, using my organizational and communication skills to deal with any issues. If there were any problems, management was quick to help work out a solution. Management was also very accomodating in regards to my hours as I was also an on-line student while I worked there.
productive
sales executive (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 11, 2015
the most enjoyable part of my job is greeting the customers, serving them making sure they're all taken care of with a smile on their face as they leave
Productive and fun.
Team Member / Lead (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Short breaks
Interacting with many people and having fun. Co-workers were fun got along with all of them. Enjoyable part was meeting new people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Salaries

$7.75 per hour

Six Flags, Inc. Photos

Robin poses with a fan outside the Justice League Store at Six Flags Over Texas
Fiesta Texas Thunderbeach Speedway
End of the season with our WE SURVIED life guard shirts on