Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,261 reviews matching the search
Great "Starter" Job...
Rides Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
When I started it was a wonderful job. Once I started I got promoted to team lead. Then shortly after I was told I was going to get promoted again. Months after months it didn't happen. Then i was moved around to another side during the end of the season, I went on vacation after alerting them i would be gone and they secretly put me on for 3 days which i couldn't come or didn't know about and they terminated me for not showing up. It's a sketchy company to work for.
Cool Fun place to work in the Summer
Six Flags America (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Go in early in the Morning at 9 A.M. and maybe work all day until closing or maybe 6 P.M. I really do enjoy working there with my friends and the people that i have met. My workshop was kinda small but it was a good small space everything was right there where you needed. My enjoyable part of working at Six Flags was if you got off early you would be able to come back and spend some time in the park it was really fun. It wasn't really a hard part about working there at Six Flags America unless it was really cold outside or raining but everything was good.
Pros
Pay for Lunch
Cons
One hour breaks
They had a lot of events for workers, and they really train people well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I was a cashier at Six Flags. I scanned items, bagged things, and know how to use computer cashier system. At the end of the night, we have to stock. Each team member has their own section. In this job, I know what team work means; when we are stocking, other team members need to help someone who is not finish with their section. It was great working there because of the people, events, and great benefits.
Pros
Cheap lunches, good hours
Cons
45 minutes drive from Palmdals
Productive and very fun work place although it is in a high volume of people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 5, 2017
A very fun day at work, everyday. You don't feel like you are working.

I enjoy meeting a lot of different people everyday.

The culture of the management and my fellow workmates itself is really good, very friendly, very accommodating.

The hardest part of the job is by obeying and implementing the house rules.

The most enjoyable part is, I made a lot of friends and I found my second home in there. Its really nice to see different faces, happy faces everyday. Everyday spread of positivity.
Pros
Free access to the theme park and bring a friend promo applies
Cons
Short breaks, seasonal operations only; most advisable for interns
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Working for Six Flags Hurricane Harbor was the best time of my life. Management was great and we got along well. Coworkers were always happy and very welcoming. Lifeguarding was the best and most fun job I've ever had. I would highly recommend going for your lifeguarding license with Hurricane Harbor. You will have the best experience of your life. I've met some of my best friends working there. We're like one big happy family.
Pros
Awesome breaks, Wi-fi in the break area
Cons
standing up for 8 hours a day
Decent place to work
Ride Operator/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2017
The pay is 9.00 bucks an hour, above minimum but not exactly great. You get training on site and a test soon after. The people go over a bunch of stuff on the test, but not all of it. You get food from the park at the cafeteria, though a bunch of it is decent at best (try ordering the specials). It also has a pool table, which is GREAT. One final warning, while you get in free to every Six Flags park, you might get called in the night before your day off a lot.
Pros
Pool table, nice coworkers
Cons
Could get called in too often
Productive Coworkers and Managers made it great.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day would be clocking in and walking to a place where the cashiers get their money and drawers. Then I will go to the location that I was working at that day most of the time it was my main location but if it was not open I would go where they needed me in the park. I then would set up my drawer and go to my P.O.S. register and take guests orders. If my manager had enough cashiers then they would let me prep the food and or make the food. At the end of the day all of workers would close up and clean the location we were working at and would do the proper cashier paper work and go to the place where we got the money and drawers.
Pros
Coworkers and Managers were nice and great to work with
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun in the beginning, but...
Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Working at Six Flags can be a love-hate relationship. You either love what you do and who you work with or hate everything about it. When I turned 18, Six Flags Over GA Fright fest was my first job. I loved it. You meet great people there and your peers tend to be pretty nice. However, you will come across supervisors and managers with nasty attitudes. The employees in Employee Services Offices are the main ones who have the worst attitudes. Always be in dress code so you dont have to walk back up that long hill to change or something. Make the best of your experience should you choose to work there.
Great place to work and enjoyable times spent at six flags.
Bartender/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Six flags/hurricane harbor were the greatest times working. Its fun working for six flags, but not if you want a real career. What i mean is you dont move up that fast and you only work weekends. The only time you work full time is during summer. Six flags is the job you want while in school cause the hours are flexible.
Pros
20% discount, 4 tickets for every season, you can get a friend in for free
Cons
You have more than 50 points your terminated.
Not for everyone
Hostess/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 2, 2017
This job is really meant for a younger crowd that needs experience at work. A typical day was really hot and crowded. I learned time punctuation. The management could sometimes be younger than you or your age which isn't the best situations. The co workers are fun and make coming to work easier. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers or ones who wouldn't cooperate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships you build with your co-workers.
I would never do this job EVER again!
HOSTESS/RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJanuary 7, 2017
Six Flags is an alright environment, depending on the day. Holidays, and concert days were nightmares. The temperature outside really decides on how well your day will go. Co-workers were not the best, most not very reliable. Leads were the same way, most of them very rude. Management isn't any better. Didn't do a whole lot, especially on days we really needed help. And seemed to always get yelled at if numbers were not good. Management was also very lazy, would ask for a day off or something and basically beat us around the bush about it. I think the best part of the whole job was the employee benefits...example, free entrance to the parks, and discounts. I would never go back, nor recommend working for this company.
Awesome place to start working
Guest Relations Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
They are an awesome company to work for. I have never had any problems working for Six Flags. I started working for Six Flags as an adults so the benefits were okay but for a younger person or teen, in which these jobs are typically aimed at, they give a wonderful foundation to grow and advance as career-minded individual. The company does a lot for their employees.
benefits
Cons
Disgruntled guests
Pretty good place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2016
Working for six flags had a lot of ups for me. It was an easy job, I just scanned season passes in the front and helped people register their new passes. At times you had to deal with a lot of angry people and deal with being called names, and the frustration of customers who have been waiting in line all day. If you don't mind the normal everyday jerk, then its perfect work. Plus you get good perks such as going to the park for free, and bringing in friends for free too.
Fun Place to Work At
Supervisor - Culinary Services (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 29, 2016
A typical day was very busy. I was a bartender and I loved every bit of it. Being able to serve people that loved to enjoy a game, eat and drink was amazing. I would come in to work ready to have fun with talking to the guest.
I learned a lot in this job and I wanted to be a full-time here. I learned how to manage a young group of people who understood my motives at that job.
Management was ok. Some good and some bad.
My co-workers were awesome. We were able to get work done while having fun.
Hardest part was lifting kegs.
Most enjoyable part was seeing the people I worked with and seeing the people I served.
Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Great place for high schoolers and college students.
Depending on which department you go to, there is alot to learn from as team building and custmor service.
If you love working in a family setting Six Flags is the place for you.
The hardest part about this job would have to be the fact that it is a seasonal job and most of the hours will be during the summer time.
Pros
Team Member events after work
Cons
Working in the Heat
Fast pace environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Food ServiceDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work for if you are wanting a fun fast pace environment. The pay is not the best if you are trying to support your family due to the job being part-time work. Managers put unrealistic expectations on employees and offer minimum help. They preach a friendly environment but upper management seems to forget the friendly part. They is nice management, but most come off as rude.
Cons
Staffing gets low as the season ends
Definitely a job for the youngsters
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CADecember 19, 2016
I was definitely over qualified and underpaid. By the time I got to my second season there I thought I would at least have say in what shift I got; not at all. Most of the time I felt my mature coworkers and I were often doing most of the work. Mealtimes often felt too short. In the winter I did prefer working the hot cocoa stands, oddly enough was usually warmer there than in my unit. They never had the proper cleaning and sanitizing stuff which left a lot of dishes still greasy.
Pros
Free Family Passes
Cons
Wages too small for an adult with bills and responsibilities
extremely fun rigging entertainment shows
theme park show rigger (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Got to make up things as we went along. Installing shows and making things "work" under pressure here was very interesting and fun. Interacting with the whale and dolphins daily and them getting to know me personally was some both wonderful and sad at the same time.
There really was no difficult thing about doing these kids of shows. It was all pretty much enjoyable and fun. Yes, hard work, but the shows I built were fantastic, if I must say so myself.
Sometimes management would put unattainable deadlines in place but I was the one making the decisions about the safety and well being of the shows so it did not bother me as much as it did the production people.
Pros
building the BEST shows ever
Cons
seeing dolphins and whales in captivity
Very Unorganized
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 18, 2016
You would think Six Flags be your ideal first job,right? WRONG! When you first start working, you have to buy your own uniform, a clear backpack, and depending on what season, other items like jackets. While this shouldn't be a problem, it is. Instead of taking it our of your first check you have to come out your pockets with the money! If i dont have a job, how will i have money? Your schedule is always fluctuating, you never know when you'll actually get off. The management is rude and they sit all day and just look for people to fire rather than being helpful. It was just an overall mess and left a horrible taste in my mouth. However, you do build lifelong friendships.
Pros
Cheaper lunch, free park admission
Cons
EVERYTHING
Extremely fun atmosphere
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJDecember 17, 2016
I loved being with so many new people each day. Many people save all year for a day at the theme/water park so its so important to make their day memorable. Assisting customers and assuring they find exactly what they are looking for was key. I was a manager of a retail store and several small carts throughout the parks. Making sure each was stocked with all popular items and beverages was essential. Making sure the store was neat and organized and stock removed from stock room. Also following all rules for workers breaks and lunches.
Pros
Free Season Pass to theme/water park
Cons
lots of hours and long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.