Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

My first job
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76010November 16, 2017
This was my first job and, at the time, I really enjoyed it. I loved my team and my manager was amazing. She always checked up on my coworkers and I. As time passed, management changed and I moved up to a team lead and it slowly got less enjoyable and my managers didn't really care about checking up on everyone. SixFlags is very task oriented and labor intensive. The hardest part of my job was getting through the extreme Texas heat with limited water.
Six flags
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 16, 2017
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Obtains help by sounding alarms.
Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
Controls traffic by directing drivers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare
It was really fun to work there
Performer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 16, 2017
I want to go back again next year because I meet new people I got out of my comfort zone. People were really nice and helpful on what I could improve and what I shouldn't do
Pros
Free going in
Cons
Not really organized
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 16, 2017
Summer job. Very hot . No nhydration breaks. Fun meeting people. Good experience. Friendly supervisors and colleagues. Easy hiring process. Uniforms are expensive for a partimer.
Pros
Meeting many people
Cons
Need hydration breaks
Great Summer Job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 16, 2017
For a high school teenager's first job Six Flags over Georgia is highly recommended. It is a very open job that allows you to interact with customers from all over the world and provide a service unlike any other.
Pros
Free Tickets, Buddy Pass, Fun Enviroment
Cons
A fun place to work , kid friendly, and adult friendly
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 16, 2017
I loved working at six flags, great managers and great customers . With great discounts. I learned the importance of where to stand , which is really important if your a ride attendant and how to be patient with kids.
Productive and fun staff
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 15, 2017
The staff at six flags are nice people for the most part and they aren't usually a hassle. The scheduling is poor for security and they do not respect your availability. Otherwise it is a fair job
Pros
You +1 extra free park ticket everyday
Cons
scheduling does not respect your availability
sixflags
Whitewater Raft Guide (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 14, 2017
other than the managers my life at six flags was amazing i met new people almost everyday i loved it but some of the leads are very mean one leave ask me was i stupid to my face in i found that disrespectful
fun place to work
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 14, 2017
The Great Escape is a friendly park with many business benefits for your future life. there is a bunch of work experience and lots of chances for fun.
Pros
fun
cultural experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 14, 2017
High pasted and demanding, but i enjoyed every minute if it. I would recommend to anyone looking to gain a taste of the demanding work field. the experience to gain for this job is beneficial.
LIfe and time of a Guide at Six Flags California
Explorer Guide (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 13, 2017
I love the job of learning and sharing information about the animals, conservation and more. It is really fun talking to people from all over the world, young and old and the opportunity to open their eyes to the life of the animals and what part they can make in the future of the animals.
Pros
exciting meeting and talking to people
Cons
pay rate is a major obstacle
Boring Job
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 13, 2017
Had a lot of rules but a job that wasn't paying enough especially when you are determined on people's safety. Also barely worked hours because of how many people was work on the daily.
very fun and friendly work environment
Employee services human resources (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 11, 2017
The people were great, employees management and customers. The park itself is just a wonderful environment to work in. Fairly fast paced but staff makes the work fun.
Pros
free rides and great staff
Cons
low pay
Sixflags America
Park Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 11, 2017
was ok for most part you either came in for a morning shift or closing shift. I learned how to operate a trash compactor and a cardboard baler. Just an overall pleasent experience
Poor management wouldn't work there again.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 10, 2017
Management don't know how to run the place, and workers get overworked for little money, on top of that they import fresh minoritys from different countries to work for little pay and charge them for living spaces and many more.
Pros
Free entry if you like long lines?
Cons
Underpaid
Interesting
security and Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
it was fun and stayed busy most of the time, I met a lot of fun people and interesting people. Got to work all the hours I wanted and not to mention the 20+ miles I was walking
it was bad
Lead Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2017
the days were long sometimes from 9am to 12am and then back again at 9am. There were days that sometimes we wouldnt even have a break because someone did not show up and so our supervisor would come and let us know. One time i did disagree with him because my team could not go on a break and he wouldnt allow anyone to go so i was coached by his supervisor for speaking to him that way even though I disagreed with the way he wanted to do things on my ride.
Pros
free parks entries
Cons
long days, no days off, low pay, poor upermanagement
productive
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDNovember 8, 2017
the coworkers are friendly, management is friendly as well. meet new people constantly. learn cleanliness and responsibility. i just did not like that you can not have facial hair.
Retail cashier/ associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here. 30% off everything in the park, and cheap and tasty lunches/ dinners for us to eat in our massive break room. management is kind and understanding.
Fun not for Everyone
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJNovember 8, 2017
Personally, I enjoyed working at Six Flags. I made a lot of friends even though I did not plan to. It is definitely a fast paced company to work for. I was in ride operation just so you know my viewpoint. Six flags mostly seeks students that are still in high school. Managing positions are offered to older employees 21 and up. Working here is definitely not for everyone. Certain days can be brutal, and certain days are fun. Because Six Flags is big, so is the competitiveness. Watch out for other employees and stay friendly. The environment can be cut-throat. Just get get ready to deal with all kinds of people. Both coworkers and customers. Just stay friendly and nice.
Pros
Free Park Entries, Exercise, Friends.
Cons
Hot Temperature, Cut-Throat Competitiveness, low pay for part-timers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.