Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun at first, way too much stress for such little money.
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 30, 2014
This was my typical first job at 16 years old, and I hated every minute of it. Much too crowded and hectic. Everyone works 40 hour weeks but is considered part time and only gets paid minimum wage. Not my cup of tea.
Working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Largo, MDJuly 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount and paties
Cons: everything else!
The Job is okay. Keeps you busy but gets boring when not enough people are in the park and when it rains. The pay is good for a teenager in high school or someone just looking for extra cash in their pockets but nobody that wants to make a career out of it.
job
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2014
this job was very fun and I loved to be around the people. The only problem is that they didn't pay enough for people to travel all the way there.
Fun and Productive Work Place
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJJuly 24, 2014
This job involved meeting new people and working with a great team. A typical day involved operating a cash register, operating a computer, overseeing several employees, and providing excellent customer service.
fun, but pay not so well
Operations Seasonal Supervisor (Current Employee), Valencia, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun enviornment, people
Cons: pay, management
love my job
pay is horrible for what you do. Benefits are pathetic for seasonal employees.
fun job and love what i do.
if you like roller coasters than this is the perfect job
Productive and fun workplace.
Games and Attractions - Cashier (Former Employee), Largo, MDJuly 19, 2014
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at work started with getting the tills for the games or attractions.What I learned was about the opening and closing procedure of games and attractions. The management was excellence! I worked well with my co-workers and I did not hesitate to offer help if they needed any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the – more... guest had a great time at the park. – less
ride nights for employees
rides dept (Former Employee), ILJuly 18, 2014
observe ride
maintain clean ride area
help guests in need
promote deals in the park
great coworkers
maintain ride safety
Exciting workplace but could improve
Ride operator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fun workplace and great co-workers
Cons: i wish to not discuss the problems with six flags
This is a good beginner's job when you are sixteen and seventeen years of age but when you get to be in your twenties it just doesn't work. I have great people I work with and reward benefits when I am doing a great job. Unfortunately like all companies there could be some improvements.
A workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), GAJuly 17, 2014
Role call, get assigned location and/or Post, and respond to calls within the park
Productive and meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee), Valencia, caJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long day at work
Always looking for the best way to serve every customer. i learned to work in a team in other to get the day going and be more productive. i also got an award for superstar employee.
fun, roductie
Team Member (Housekeeping) (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 14, 2014
six flags was a fun place to work. had to get to if on metro, if missing one bus you would be an hour late
Fun and Exciting place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Mitchelleville, MarylandJuly 13, 2014
Excellent work if you enjoy being outside and interacting with people. Co-workers became friends and it is much like working with family.
Fun and productive environment
Amusement and Recreation Attendant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: watching visitors, especially children, have fun at the park.
Cons: working in the hot sun for hours
A typical day at work would be to sell tickets and collect fees from customers, direct patrons to rides, seats, or attractions, monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons, provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations, fasten safety devices – more... for patrons, or provide them with directions for fastening devices. There was good management at the park, managers made sure everything was going accordingly. I had amazing co-workers which made for great team work. The hardest part of the job was working in the hot sun for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job were watching visitors have fun and enjoy themselves. – less
Seasonal peak
Full Time In Parks Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Austell, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: seasonality
Cons: benefits and pay scale
Long tenured employees at the fulltime level
No work life/balance
Financially driven and customer focused
Really fun
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Agawam, MAJuly 9, 2014
Awesome job, great hours
great people
great rigidity
very family oriented
fun all day, litterally all day
games host (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free admission
Cons: long hours and low pay, uniforms and little job advancement
the hours at the park are long and the park is always busy, but its fun to play the games and fun to entertain the guess.
Hot and busy
Kiosk Sales/Fast (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 9, 2014
Customers are extremely rude, however management is appreciative.
good friends to work with, company policies can be hazy at times.
Rides Department Test Administrator (Current Employee), jackson njJuly 9, 2014
Responsibilities of a test administrator are to administer all test for the rides department and grade tests accordingly. As well as key in all passed and failed tests, training verification, safety samplings and guest service audits and file all certifications.
Responsibilities of a rides dispatcher are to allow clear communication between team members – more... at rides to their supervisors. As well as log all calls coming into and out of the office and log all ride break downs and inform all appropriate personnel of break down. – less
Nice working enviroment
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 8, 2014
enjoyed everyday of work i had at this establishment, nice hours although the pay could have been better.
Fun work environment. LP way too paranoid for a simple job.
Game Room Attendant, Host, Game Tech (Former Employee), Eureka, MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: employee lunches and sodas very reasonably priced.
Cons: weather, obnoxious customers, paranoid management.
I worked at the Axxes arcade at Six Flags during the 2013 season. About halfway through the season from our original group of five, when it went to only weekends, only my boss and I were there to run the place. Open to close Saturday, Sunday and Monday. During the next to last weekend of the season, the hours dropped, the weather started getting a lot – more... colder and my boss was getting crazy trying to hustle me out of there at as close to the closing time as possible.(Not to mention getting the money for change when the park opened and opening the other arcade, as well as closing the arcade and turning in change at the end of the day was adding an hour + onto my workday that I WASNT getting paid for.)

One evening at the end of my shift, I had two days left in the season to work and was getting about 11.5 hours a week. I was called and told to get out of there and clock out as fast as I could. I did as told taking my cash directly from my apron and putting it in the bank bag without counting it. (They said it was part of the cash handling policy. Other places I ALWAYS counted down my closing monies.) and closed the other arcade, and went to cash handling.

The next morning I get a call from my supervisor who was losing his mind. I was $40. dollars short! I told him to check the apron I wore the previous night. He told me LP already checked it, and I had to come in a half hour early to meet with them. (On my time, of course!) We hung up, and five minutes later he called back. LP had looked in the wrong apron, and the $40 WAS in the apron I wore the previous night. Just human error from being pressured to get out of there a few seconds early. Then I was told I would have to go through cash handling training. FOR WHAT? I had made thousands of transactions with no problem through the season with no problem. Now I have to be instructed on how to handle cash with two days left in the season? (Not to mention, on my time.) I decided I had enough, and the job crossed the line as to being worth it. I really wanted to finish the season, but I couldn't take any more of the intense stress my boss turned a relatively simple job into. I texted him and let him know I wouldn't be returning. And I had the toughest time getting my final check because he wanted to see me in person. At the time, seeing me in person would have been a very bad idea. That's why I took my uniform shirts and ID to HR. And he still tried to screw with my final pay. Corporate bullying at its finest. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Photos