Six Flags, Inc.
1,076 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun
Team Member (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free admission
Cons: hot
Job was alright. Job was kind of boring but the atmosphere was great.
Productive fast paced fun workplace
Admission Supervisor (Former Employee), MDJanuary 23, 2015
Six Flags is great for a first job and gaining customer service skills
The job is a good starter job for anyone.
Culinary Department Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free entry to the park
Cons: company has overall lack of good structure for many situations.
This is a job fit for first time job seekers. The hours are flexible, the staff are friendly, and the tasks are adjusted to the correct age groups for everyone to be able to do their job. Issues do come up however, customers can become difficult to handle, which is where I step in. When a customer needs help, has a concern, questions, or has any complaints I lead, emphasize, apologize and direct them. I resolve the issues my team are incapable of resolving on their own. Everyday it is my job to prepare the work station, I organize the inventory, I file paperwork on a daily basis, I assign and instruct my team daily tasks for them to accomplish. It is my job to guide not only my team, but other employees I see throughout the day. Even if the employee is not in my department, it is my job to instruct them, or help them if I see something is wrong. There is so much that goes on in one day that people get frustrated. The weather is hot, the ride lines are long, people get hungry waiting for their food. Mainly it's my job to be a leader. I keep my team happy and I make sure that the day runs smoothly.
7 days a week a hour before opening to a hour after closing low pay not benefits if seasonal
Seasonal Elephant Trainer (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: low cost lunch
Cons: bad hours pay and just about every thing else
low pay with bad hours under staffed all ways no benefits poor management
Very social workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: bad management
This was a very welcoming work environment i loved the people.
Fun place to work
Games Operator (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good part-time job for the summer
Cons: really low pay
What do you expect? I worked at an amusement park, in the Games section, no less. I learned more about Customer Service and money management. Co-workers were fun and funny people. This wasn't hard for me, but I'm sure for others, the hardest part was standing on your feet all day/night, especially in the sun.

And again, it's an amusement park. It's always enjoyable.
Not a very fun job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: nothing.
Cons: hard to get promoted, always focused on playing favorites. not what a work environment should be about.
It's horrible. Horrible hours. Horrible management.. Everything about this job is just horrible. What's the point of havine time off request sheets, if no one ever gets the days requested off. Even with a month or two notice ahead of time. Plan on getting promoted? Forget about it. Unless you always volunteer to go out and spend your own money on food for management. It's a joke.
good first job for teeagers
Park Services (Former Employee), Austell, GAJanuary 20, 2015
it is a good summer job but they hours and pay rate is limited, as is the advancement for the older adult is limited. they fail to reward their hardest and dependable and dedicated workers
Student Council
Lead (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2015
learned how to lead leadership role for my classmates and the school body
Good first Job.
Cashier and Food Prep (Former Employee), Agawam, MAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free tickets
Cons: no free food on break, treat their employee badly
Fellow employees were pretty funny/nice. Some of the managers were pretty good at their jobs and tried their best to make work fun.
Provided adequate room for advancement
Team Member (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: accolades
Cons: inadequate training
At White Water, you can receive accolades for every job well done. You went through on the job training however if you felt that you were not adequately trained, your co-workers and supervisors would help with cross-training. Other than that the managers are kind and accommodating and work with any schedules.
A fun, friendly, and productive work day.
Ride (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount, and passes
Cons: n/a
At typical day at Six Flags involves fun, all day everyday. I learned how to operate majority of the rides in the park. The management is wonderful, everyone is friendly and works together.
Good for youre first job ever
Food Service Host (Former Employee), BowieJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 35% off items in park
Cons: you dont get paid enough for what you do
This job is awful unless you're about 14 years old , how ever they're benefits are okay
High Paced
Ride Host (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Very Friendly, Good teamwork, Opportunity for advancement.
Seasonal Employment
Facilities Maintenance Washdown (Former Employee), Agawam, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: mostly up front about rules and job duties
Cons: unequal enforcement of rules, no pay change for duties that increased responsibility example operator in charge of ride crew
Seasonal employment found rules to be quite rigid and inflexible.
Must be willing to work most weekends
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2015
This job does not allow someone to have a proper work and life balance. One must work most Saturdays and Sundays and you do not receive comp time or additional pay for the additional hours worked over your forty hour work-week.
A fun working environment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: discount launches and talking to new and fun people
I loved working at Six Flags the co-workers are nice and friendly, the management were wonderful people. A typical day for me would be clocking in at 9:00 AM go to the Six Flags bank to get my till and to sign for the money. Then all the front gate cashiers would meet up in booth 1 for a meet to discuss what is going on for the day. Then we get a signed a booth to work. I walk into my booth I sit down and count the money to make sure that the bank gave me the right amount. Then I sort out the money in the register put in my code on the register then at 10:00 AM I open the curtains and start to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was cashiering and meeting new people and helping them out the best way possible.
enjoyed
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: enjoyed
Cons: no cons
new owners took profit sharing away from employees like me.
fun
Ride Operator / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), jackson nj 08527January 10, 2015
Pros: great place to work, benefits
Cons: in the heat almost allday and night only summer job till october
fun to do easy to do and great workers to work manages will have patience with you to take and learn the training of your destination and will let you take your test again if for anything you failed
Great job while in school
Performer/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Eureka, MOJanuary 10, 2015
The work environment is great for those while attending all levels of education. The pay is what it needs to be, however, the work atmosphere and coworkers can make it worth your time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills.┬áThe company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Photos