Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: excellent hours, cheap lunches
Every day at work it was something new, a new co-worker, learning how to work a new ride, or just sharing something new with your co-workers. I learned that work doesn't always need to be serious it could be fun and still be safe. The co-workers were the best, around the same age as you, and they were always there to help out. The hardest part of the job was learning how to start up the rides when the park is opening and when the ride would break down. I enjoyed the whole job all together.
fair
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Agawam, MAAugust 28, 2015
It is a seasonal job. Perfect for a student that wants and needs to make some extra cash during the summer. It has many options for you to choose from and opportunities to move up in leadership as well. The downfall can be how rude and disgusting guests can be while they are at the park. It can make your day drag on. However, you can and do build friendships along the way that will stay with you, especially if you keep going back each season.
Good summer, and first job. Has scheduling issues
Games Associate (Former Employee), GurneeAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Cafateria, Good benefits
Cons: Bad scheduling
They care a lot about each employee, and try to keep everyone up to date. Only issue I had was they were bad with scheduling.
fun place to work
FOOD PREPARER (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAAugust 27, 2015
With a great diverse mix of employees, there was never a dull moment. Rushes were crazy and there was also never time to waste. there was always something for us to do. management was great as well.
Amazing experience and perfect for a summer job
Hostess (Current Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: Off season hours
While working at six flags I got to experience a fun workplace and excellent management. It gave me the skills I need for excellent customer service.
Not just coworkers, but friends.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free admission to park, discounts
Cons: long commutes everyday
Very productive job, and very fast-paced. It is overall a very fun environment. Very safe, and clean. I spend all day with my coworkers walking from store to store, so I got to know all my coworkers, and everyone got along well. I learned a lot from both my coworkers, and my bosses. They all encouraged me to become a better employee, and more outspoken. Management is very understanding of situations that came up with everyone's personal lives. They also try to accommodate us as best they can. Everything from installing a television for us in the break room, to buying 'Powerade' for us on hot summer days. The hardest part of my job would have to be making parent phone calls to the shoplifters we caught. I never knew what the parents' reactions would be like. Many were very mad and would refuse to verify information. Others would cry over the phone. I learned to keep a calm and steady voice, and to deescalate the situation so that I could get the message to them and make the process go after. The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. They all had their own story., own personalities, and spending all day together, we grew to become a lot more that just coworkers. That strengthened our team, because as Loss Prevention, we need to be very careful with everything we do, and we would all watch over each other.
Fun and fast paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAAugust 26, 2015
My co-workers and I made this job enjoyable. We made the most out of any situation. At this job I learned how to come out of my shell and hold a conversation fluidly. Typically, a day as a cashier included point-of-sale and stocking with cleaning as needed. The management was fair but sometimes it could be a mess. The most enjoyable part is being able to connect and communicate with the customers and co workers you encounter.
fun place
Games Lead (Former Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 26, 2015
it is fun to work there but it gets old and boring and people really bring there drama to work and gets like high school. But you get to meet new people all the time
Fun, loved working in customer service
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Loved dealing with the public
Cons: seasonal
log in, enter work stations some days I was a food vendor and some days ride operator, this job help me with the concept of "Team Work" always willing to adjust my schedule to make sure we were baseline covered. learned different areas of the Theme Park.
Its a fun place to work, but people will get on your nerves sometimes.
Ride Operator (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Get two people in free every month, have employee only events
Cons: They dont pay double time, some supervisors treat newer and young workers with less respect
My typical day at work is meeting lots of new people and its never the same. I have some good coworkers and some bad ones but i try to focus on the positive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry or confused people. The most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy and making friends with the nice coworkers.
Productive and exciting job
Cashier/cook (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Cooking and cleaning with many co workers.
Fast paced environment but easy to work in.
Management was really fair and gave raises when deserved.
Hard working and enjoyable atmosphere
Made sure work station was clean and orderly (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJAugust 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, wonderful co-workers
Cons: low pay, bad work conditions
There always was something to do and to get done here. I met hundreds of people throughout my experience here and learned how to communicate with customers especially when they have problems. My co-workers where great people to be around and they made the environment enjoyable for everyone.
Fun place to work and perform
Character Performer (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 22, 2015
I enjoyed working in the entertainment department and guest coming to see their favorite characters. Dancing and acting was the things I liked to do the most. cast members were fun as well.
Day at six flags
Food Service Host (Former Employee), Austell gaAugust 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch and interacting with customers all day
Cons: benefits
My shift started around 7 am and i usually closed. i worked at a food spot so we got the restaurant ready for business and prepared the food. We maintained the cleaniness of the restaurant all day and prepared fresh food all day. When i would be at the cash register i had to say the slogan to every customer and smile and ring them up. i also had to try and up sale on the souvenir item.
Fast paced environment with friendly co-workers.
Ride Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
The job was alright. It required you to be alert and attentive. My co-workers were extremely welcoming and nice to be around. The hardest part of the job is the constant exposure to the sun and staying hydrated. My favorite thing about my work was interacting with the guests. My only wish is that I would've liked to be trained on more rides. My job performance was always praised but the lack of advancement made me feel like my effort was not being adequately rewarded.
Great place to work and experience people from all cultures
Management (Current Employee), Eureka, MOAugust 17, 2015
I am a member of management so I work from 9am until 11pm on some days and most of the time I work 6 days a weeks. I either get a lot of hours or very few, there is no balance.As a part time job there is no benefits, we do get into the park for free, and have a few employee perk nights. With all jobs there are negatives, at six flags the positives outweigh the negatives. The employees are a joy to work with and the higher ups are very helpful if you need anything.
Fast-paced workplace
Food service worker (Former Employee), Arlington, TxAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free admission, discounts
My supervisor was very nice and helpful the first day. When it got very crowded, it could be overwhelming, but it was easy to handle.
Six Flags New England
Park services (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: free park entry, coupons
Cons: hot, slow management
On a typical day of work, it would first begin with walking to the 2-3 different bathrooms and cleaning each over and over again until the end of the day. Some days were different than others, such as when sweeping was assigned instead of cleaning bathrooms.
A day at work
Sr. Entertainment Supervisor (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJAugust 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grown and develop. Have learned a lot to further my talents and has forced me to think outside the box.
Amazing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 13, 2015
This place is amazing my top choice in having your first job in. The managers are amazing always so positive and happy to work there. The jobs are all so much fun. you would rarely have a bad day this job would most likely make your day if you were having a good one.