Six Flags, Inc.
1,252 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fun workplace
Retail Department Team Member (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 3, 2015
Working around people having fun in the theme park makes the job fun. There are some cons though, such as the heat, bugs, and low pay rate.
fun and friendly place.
Sales (Former Employee), Douglasville GAJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work was serving others food/drinks and keeping my work space clean. I learned how to manage money better and to be friendly to all my costumers even when there not happy. My co-works were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was the walking around in the hot sun. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving and helping others.
Clean and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJune 30, 2015
They taught me how to deal with multiple customers at once without being discourteous. The park is very clean and the work environment is very friendly.
Fun workplace, team members are awesome, friendly, and welcoming
Rides Operator (Former Employee), vallejo, caJune 30, 2015
Pros: free soda, discounted luches in breakroom, big breakrooms
Cons: hot outside, dealing with moody customers
Show up, check in and receive time receipt. Proceed to meeting place where you will get ride keys and clickers. Go back to ride and do safety runs on the ride to make sure it is working correctly. Clean and sanitize ride. Open ride when tasks are completed and check list (for opening or closing ride) is signed by manager. Say spiel and check height requirement. Allow adults and babies to ride only if acceptable in safety booklet. Clean ride when no passengers are present.
Co-workers are very friendly and proceed to help ensure your success. Hardest part of the job as being outside in the hot sun. Dealing with rude customers and parents can be a drag. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the expression on people's faces when they love the ride and seeing them come back. The "thank you's" and occasion hugs were also appreciated and make working at Six Flags such an enjoyable job.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Team Member (Current Employee), Township of Jackson, NJJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great work culture, fun perks
Cons: Limited benefits, non competitive wages
Six Flags is a great place to work for seasonal jobs. You learn a lot about customer service and time management. The best part of the job are that the people you work with day in and day out. You become a family and it is what drives everyone to come back season after season.
Awesome summer job
Lead Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJJune 25, 2015
6 Flags is a great summer job if thats all you need. For people like myself with children its hard to maintain that job because its not a legit all year round job.
Good, but wouldn't go back
Ride attendant (Former Employee), Austell, gaJune 25, 2015
Pros: Employee park benefits
Cons: not enough breaks
This is the only job that would hire me at first. Very good first job. Enjoyed getting into the park for free and the free ticket. They also had nights where only employees could ride in a certain section of the park for a couple hours. Only thing I hated other than the minimum wage pay was that you only get one break (30 minutes or 1 hour) and travel time was apart of it. No matter where your worked in the park, you'd have to use your 30 to walk to the break room. For me my break would end up being about 10-15 minutes because i had to walk so far.
Productive and fun workplace withgreat supervisors
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Largo, MDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Free park admission
Cons: Hours
Working at Six Flags America was a great experience for me. I learned how to operate rides and how rides operate.I also learned to work quickly yet efficiently. Working at an amusement part shows you how to work patiently with people of different races and orientation. This was both a great job and experience.
Typical Work Day
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free park admission for you and a guest as long as your employed there, up to 6 guest tickets, discounts on merchandise and food
Cons: Hot, can be very stressful especially on holidays, decent pay
A typical day for a six flags lifeguard would be clocking in, getting to your assigned pool area to set up, and begin scanning your water until your shift end. Children can be difficult if they are disobedient and can cause problems for the safety of others. Can get VERY hot as the umbrellas can not shade you from the sun if your post is opposite of where the sun is in the sky, making it harder to watch your pool. Most of the co-workers are friendly and always lively especially before and after work. After the water park closes, lifeguards will always clean up the water park along with the normal cleaning crew to expedite the process, with exceptions on Fridays.
Great Environment
Entertainer (Former Employee), Austell, GAJune 22, 2015
Working at Six Flags was my first job. Was very interesting and fun worked directly with the entertainment department. And was a great experience
Energetic workplace
sales team member (Former Employee), Arlington,TXJune 20, 2015
It's fast paced at during the day and dies a bit nearing closing time.
Sometimes it may seem a lot because one employee is assigned to a store for them to manage on their own.
Great people to work with
Lead/Games & Attraction (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: free entrance, parking, discount
Cons: favoritism, no advanced opportunity
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people to I work with.
The hardest part of the job is the favoritism among the management with other employees which they get promoted.
Enjoyable work with numerous customers selling goods and snacks.
sales associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: $1 dollar lunches, friendly people
Cons: no flexible hours really, supervisors could be less snobby and rude.
The work was heavy and definitely not what I expected, but the people who work there made up for it. Ultimately my school hours conflicted with my work schedule.
Its good for a first job for a teen.
Superman Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free entry for employees at the amusement park
Cons: Poor management
I would recommend this job for a teen. Like a summer job but nothing that could support a the normal cost of living for an adult.
Slow but fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: Guests
Cons: Management
Never busy during the week and some stores rarely received any activity from customers. However the guests are very entertaining
great learning experiance in a tough invorment
Lead- Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: got to enter for free bring guests and had huge employee discounts
Cons: no holidays
food service alcohol control and maintenance. learned to work as a team as well as by myself. management was sexy, coworkers were young and sometimes unable to achieve daily tasks. most enjoyable were the people who come to six flags to have a good time.
Fun everyday
Bust Boy (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Seasonal, only one break
Cleaning tables in the food department.
Its a really big park, there's something new everyday
We call our customers "Guess"
Have a Six Flags day!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: too hot and long hours on feet
Cons: No health insurance
love working here. great place for family fun and a summer job. Great place to work if between the ages 15-19.worked form 9 am to 9 am on most days. always busy here.
Great starter job
Games Lead (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great first job
Cons: Games Management team needs some work.
I started here. Six Flags really brought me out of my shell and made my transition into the working world much smoother.

Unfortunately, my department was on a steady decline (and from what I hear, is still declining almost 3 years later). Games management needs a LOT of help and interference from HR.
Amusement Park
Security Officer (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJune 15, 2015
A great Place to work, always changing experience, the park restaurants. Rides and games are always good place to meet new people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Salaries

$7.50 per hour

Six Flags, Inc. Photos

Robin poses with a fan outside the Justice League Store at Six Flags Over Texas
Fiesta Texas Thunderbeach Speedway
End of the season with our WE SURVIED life guard shirts on