Six Flags, Inc.
1,136 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. Employer Reviews

work
Lead (Former Employee), Largo, MDMarch 25, 2015
every day it was trouble especially with the heat outside.the guest lie to get their way and compliance about the kids that work their.starts off fun but ends up like good coworkers are great and have good bondsevery day it was trouble especially with the heat outside.the guest lie to get their way and compliance about the kids that work their.starts off fun but ends up like good coworkers are great and have good bonds
Best Highschool Job you can have
Foods/Service (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: hard working atmosphere and good attitude
Cons: really only our "guests" its a theme park and we are the gears that help it keep turning.
They always need people and you can find yourself a job their. Not something you will stay in but you will be happy that you use to work their.
A typical day
UNITED STATES Season Pass Processor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, plenty of hours at the start of season, quality cafeteria food
Cons: distance from home, lack of hours near the end of the season
A typical day working at Great America in the Season Pass division involved; clocking in early, preparing the station for guests’ arrival, assisting guests through the process of receiving their season pass as well as answer any park related questions that may arise.
Great Summer Job For Teens
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: needed experience
Cons: very busy and hot
Six Flags was a great first job for me. I encountered a lot of different situations and a lot of upset people due to the prices and strict no refund policy. I learned so much about my self and how to use a register and somewhat complicated programs for searching guests and etc. However, I was not impressed with the management. A lot of these people were very slow, took their time when lines were hours long. And quite a few of them had extremely rude ways of dealing with guests. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use all the programs and deal with the contradicting info and employee policy from different managers.
A good job if you plan to work your way up
Team Member (Former Employee), Austell, GAMarch 16, 2015
Its good as first job or if you want to work with a company that allows you to move up into management. Depending on what your specific job you may have to deal with anger customers.
Great Stepping Stone Job
Stage Technician (Current Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 16, 2015
Six Flags provides a lot of opportunity to learn new skills. Most jobs are seasonal so even though I normally can get 40 hours a week, there are slow times with no guarantee of hours.
Fun Benefit in free entry to the park but bad work condition
Gym Attendant (Former Employee), Mitchellville, MDMarch 11, 2015
Fun place to enjoy your day off work but bad management, hours is not flexible, without a car the commute from public transportation is not enough time you have to have a car for this job to go back and forth to work but good hours and bad pay. Overall this job not the worst but its not close to good either
great place to have a fun time with family
Host/ food prep (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: far drive
it was great and got to meet alot of new people and how things worked. but after awhile i noticed things that people got away with just because they been there for awhile
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: long standing hours
its a great place to work and have fun at the same time. learned to work with a large group of coworkers. loved helping out customers with their problems and concerns,
good for teens
Ride Operator (Former Employee), valencia caMarch 10, 2015
not too much to say. its a good place fro teens to start out in the workforce. good management. working with students to work around schedules
Ride Operator (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work
Ok place to work at
Guest Services, Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free season pass
Cons: short breaks and very long hours with no warning
Very busy can be fun, long hours, hard on the body to stand in one position for all the long hours even though you have to, not enough breaks. Not all management & co-workers are friendly, I enjoyed talking and helping out the guest.
Great atomosphere
Ride Attendant, Ride Operator (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJMarch 8, 2015
Pros: discounted prices
Cons: short breaks
This was a wonderful place to work, everyone was always happy and cheerful and full of life that made working there very tolerable.
Its good!
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 5, 2015
Not as cooperate as most places. Good place to work. Most positions are seasonal and offer low compensation,. There is room for advancement and you don't have to be here for 5000 years for these positions to open up.
Six Flags America
Supervisor in Training (Former Employee), Largo, MDMarch 3, 2015
This has to be one of the best places to work if you like being around people all the time and in a fun environment. While working here I really felt appreciated by management and always looked forward to going to work the next day.
Fun place to work and very flexible scheduling.
Wardrobe Technician/Attendant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great park admission discounts and perks.
Cons: short breaks.
Six Flags was a very fun and interesting place to work. Co-workers were friendly and helpful, and the work was challenging. I enjoyed meeting new people all the time and making new friends.
Great place to work! You get to have a smile on your face and make people happy allday.
Partnership Services Represent (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: discounts in the park, free tickets, great people to work with.
Cons: the only real con would be weather. it can sometimes be to cold, hot, raining but mother nature is mother nature and it's just something we have to deal with.
I enjoy working at Six Flags Over Texas. I get to talk and survey guest to see what we are doing right and what changes they would like to see. I also work in promotion where I get to hand out featured samples of products as guest leaving the park at night and it always put a smile on their face getting something free when they leave. It's a win, win for both parties. The people I work with are great, my co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with and if at anytime something comes up that I need management there is always someone around I came go to. The hardest park of the job is telling a guest that I do not have an estimated time that a ride will be closed. I reassure them that the only reason we close a ride is for absolute safety for all guest and assure them that once any concern are addressed by our team of engineers that the ride will reopen.
Great place to start off.
Auditor (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free entrance to park, free entrance for 1 friend, discounts with food.
Cons: not enough hours, limited amount of work
This is a great company to work for if it is your first job. You clock in, go to work, get a break, have a lunch, go back to work, and you're done. The hardest part is dealing with unconsolable guest but the best part is putting smiles on their faces as well.
fun place to work
Team member (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free park admission, lots of friends.
Cons: pay, no overtime.
work with people from different cultures and background. learn how to be professional and deal with many guest from different cultures and background. hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. but its fun
very fun and a growing expierence
Retail (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 23, 2015
helping customers with merchandize and directions around the park. I learned a lot about a big company and how to be a team. management is amazing and very helpful. co-workers are there for the same reasons you are, so they are great to work with. the hardest part of the job is to learn where everything is in the huge park. the best part of working there would be after you have learned the park map, helping people get to where they need to be.

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Photos