Six Flags, Inc.
1,212 reviews

Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

very fun workplace
Safety First Attendant (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: free six flags tickets
Cons: can get really hot
Six Flags was a very fun place to work at. You get to meet all types of different people to meet in all ages.I had a free pass for anybody i wanted to take to six flags and everybody want to visit six flags.
Fun Place to Work
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMay 27, 2015
I had a good experience working here. I was in the Season Pass office (cheers to me for choosing the department indoors during the Texas Summers!) and it wasn't bad. Very hectic at times, and some people can be difficult, but overall a good experience.
Six Flags
Guests coordinator (Former Employee), Largo, MDMay 27, 2015
Stayed short time for a better evaluation.
Team was great and day to day work was fine.
Direct management was good and park in good conditions.
Busy workplace accommodating a demanding crowd
Cashier (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, got a lot of hours
Cons: The customers getting mad at me when I say, "We're out of it.."
My typical work day always consisted of going to cash control to pick up my till bag. Then I would proceed to my lead and would be assigned a concessions stand to work there for the entire shift. Usually I had to close down stands at the end of the day since most of my shifts ended when the park closed. I learned a lot about customer service. It takes a lot of energy to accommodate hundreds of customers throughout the day, and if something doesn't go right, they would be agitated and mad. So it is important to be 100% accurate and efficient on everything when working in any environment. The management made sure the leads would help out the other employees as quickly as possible and did a great job training me when I first started. My co-workers were very friendly and were just like me starting out on my first time, so it helped me relate to them a little better. I made a lot of friends during my time there. The hardest part of the job is working in hot temperatures helping thousands of people while making sure the concessions stands are fully stocked of everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers, because they made my time there fun.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: noithing was free
Cons: long brwaks
cleaning the park and the bathrooms. i love working at six flags it was my first job still in high i learned alot got to meet new people !
Most fun I've ever had at a JOB.
Merchandising and Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Wonderful employee discounts, paid weekly, quick promotions, great learning experience
Cons: No benefits if you're not on salary, make you wear extra clothing to cover tattoos
A typical day at SFOG would include opening up store locations and pretty much making sure everything goes as planned until the park is closed. I've learned that multitasking is a key skill in that work environment; and being able to delegate responsibilities effectively can help with the work load. Management is always a support system when you need them be. Any issues or concerns that you may have, they are quick to find a resolution. The co-workers are usually always younger and extremely motivated, so they're tons of fun to work with. Carrying the right attitude and knowing how to interact with all sorts of people can be a wonderful tool in getting co-workers to pitch in for you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather, the uniforms aren't the most comfortable when it comes to how hot it can get at an open theme park. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the park is completed closed and all the co-workers come in to help with setting up locations. It's almost like a family setting. We have so much fun together while managing to remain productive and reach our goals.
awesome place
Paramedic (Current Employee), austell,gaMay 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: bad weather
work is work and I work hard at work, but this job is very fun and the people that I meet are so appreciate of my job. With six flags they encourage us to ride the rides while we are at work, for safety reason, we can tell if the rides are smooth ride are they are rough, which means that if we are not enjoying the ride, them maybe the guest aren.t either.
Fun Job To Have.
Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 24, 2015
I Loved Working Here For The Reason That You Get To Meet Alot Of Different Cultures And Also For Your Lunch You Can Go And Ride A Rollercoaster.
Always changing enviroment
Water Attendant (Former Employee), Agawam, MAMay 23, 2015
Pros: really great management and people
Cons: long hours in the sun
The entire experience at six flags was a lot of fun. I met a lot of friends there as well as interesting people. It was a great place that exposed me to a lot of sun as well as a lot of fun.
did not like
Games Host (Former Employee), gurnee ilMay 22, 2015
Pros: noooooooo
Cons: everything
the co workers were ok but supervisors showed favoritism and were not respectful. they also over worked and forgot lunch breaks a lot. do not work there ever.
Opperating rides and insuring customer safety
Ride Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: free admition to six flags and discounts for everything
Cons: short break, no sitting, extreme heat, little pay
Every day I worked here I would go in, prepare for work and go to my assigned ride for the day. Occasionally I'd get a few people who would be too big or too small to ride the rides and have to go through the same conversation over and over again with different people. Having to do that and keep your cool when they blow up at you takes a lot of patience and control to be as polite as possible.

My management took very good care in the company and their employees they were in charge of, they were friendly and easy going, easy to communicate and get along with. My co-workers were just the same, like a big family you didn't have to live with working together.

The hardest part of the job for me was to tell the larger people that they were too big to get on the ride I was operating, their expressions of embarrassment or anger were upsetting having to deal with it eery day. On the plus side the people who did get to ride were thrilled and satisfied when they left the ride, occasionally getting the group of teenagers or young adults who were always so thrilled to be there.
fun exciting place work with decent benefits
ticket sales (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 21, 2015
Six Flags is a job where people work to make extra cash or make it of a career filled with decent benefits and long lasting relationships its not ideal place for most people to do but it helps if the ideal individual is going from paycheck to paycheck
Fun Place to Get Started
Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
While it may not be the ideal place to have a career. It is certainly the right place to learn ideal skills to eventually find that career opportunity. In the chance you do get lucky enough to have a career with this company, consider yourself lucky! Most likely you will be applying elsewhere and looking to move across the company to find where your skill sets fit.
excitment amusement parks
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Agawam, MAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work at six flags was just knowing the rules being in a clean safe work place remembering the guide lines and make sure your customers are safe and comfortable

I learned that people also count on you to feel safe and also to have fun so you have to be on your p's and q's.

The hardest part of the job was being serious so many children trying to having fun you enjoy it so maybe there was no hard part

loved the job.
A good first job THAT'S IT !
Hostess (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 20, 2015
Pros: 40 hours almost guaranteed
Cons: Working conditions ( i.e outside)
A good first job but as far as a long term thing I personally wouldn't suggest it, but overall I had a pleasant experience.
Great workplace Love everything!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good discount on merchandise, free admission in park, free admission to concert.
Cons: Hot outside, Random checkpoints
Six Flags was a great working experience I love almost everything about the job other than the random security checkpoint days. The boss would normally always go out there way to compensate you for example "donut day" "buy water for you" and you build bonds with people there I love working at the Wave Pool or Slides.
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of greeting the customers, and prepping food. This was a great1st job I loved the environment management and my coworkers.
Trainer/ Ride Operator (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 18, 2015
• Providing World Class Service to Guest
• Instructing other Team Members how to operate rides as well as teaching them to follow Safety Code
Typical High school job
Game Attendant (Former Employee), Eureka, MOMay 18, 2015
Everyone that works there are all around the same age, so it isn't a very professional environment, and it's full of drama. It is a fun environment none the less.
very fun
cashier (Former Employee), upper marlboro marylandMay 18, 2015
I learned how to better my skills
management was very great to the employees
there really was no hard part the job the job was very fun and exciting
I loved working with employees and customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Six Flags, Inc.

For millions of people, Six Flags is the standard-bearer for theme park thrills. The company is the #2 amusement park operator – Read more

Six Flags, Inc. Salaries

$7.75 per hour

Six Flags, Inc. Photos

Robin poses with a fan outside the Justice League Store at Six Flags Over Texas
Fiesta Texas Thunderbeach Speedway
End of the season with our WE SURVIED life guard shirts on