SK Food Group Employee Reviews

What a joke.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2017
The management are all related somehow and play favoritism to the T. Also if they find out you are looking for another job they will call that place and give you a bad name. Too many upper management trying to run the production floor and tell you they have experience in everything but don't show it or try to belittle your experience. If you like to be micromamages then SK is the place for you. Don't expect to have a home life or any success unless you date a manager or above.
very poor
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 22, 2017
This company has a very high turn around rate and uses ,high percentage of temporary personnel. they pay temporary employees h igher than they do permanant employees. it has very low moral.
theres pros and cons of it
sanitaion (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
great job management just needs to increase there skills when dealing with employees. and also proper training in each positionis a must. other than that i worked wit a great group of hard workers
Productive place
Packaging Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2017
Quick-pace job, packaging Food for starbucks, new company just opened two or 3 months ago, good pay rate, in a cold enviroment, work around positive people.
Executive Managers are not on the same page
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2017
Culture is very passive aggressive. There are constant gossip corners that speak for an associates work rather than the work. It is difficult to trust anyone on any team since everyone spends time defending what they do instead of management trying to understand what we do.
good company to work at
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2017
Good company clean spot friendly co-workers. Nice pay good hour lots of work. Good learning experience. Something different every day you come to work
Pros
lots of work
Cons
current night manager. cold 11 blow cooler
Slave house
Packer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 10, 2017
Management was garbage, Lots of dating between supervisors and regular employees, poor pay, benefits were awesome. Shifts were never consistent. Awful place of employment unless you really need a job.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
food runner
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 29, 2017
I was a food runner and work in the producen line worked moring shifts. I used to bring the eggs and ham slices to the work areas near the line, as a I worked on the line making the sandwiths and other foods
A learning experiance
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2017
It was hard place to work their is no communication. The management changed four times in the eight months that I was there. The culture is very diverse some employee it was impossible to communicate with. When the letter came out about possible lay offs it stated that supervisor would be assigned a different position. I learned a lot about the proper food handling. I enjoyed working with most of my employees.
Highly spanish speaking workforce
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 28, 2017
Hardest part of this job was communicating with staff. Huge language barriers in the workforce. Expectations across departments were not set. Very hard to manage and train staff.
The hardest part of the job is the COLD!!!@
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
U actually like working here, I work 3rd shift in Sanitation. My nights go by fast and the people I work with are very coo and easy to get along with. I love my job.
Pros
Paid holidays & 401k
Cons
Point system sucks, 6 points an your outta there!!!
Good pay ..machines break down often resulting in short shifts
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2017
People were decent ...work was easy ...machines broke down a lot so we were sent home early often ... management was very understanding in any situation
Pros
Very flexible breaks, good pay. Easy work
Cons
Machines break down often, short shifts
a day in the life of sk food group
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  3301 toy rd groveport,oh 43125January 22, 2017
a typical day at my job is challenging and boring i learned how to manage my time and work faster. i work with all kinds of people that are very respectful and i love working with the people i work with. i love working at a fast rate and learning new things.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, early break
Worst job I've ever had
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno NevadaJanuary 19, 2017
It wasn't very low paying job with very long hours but people didn't speak much English and treated you very poorly not a job I would recommend to anyone
Pros
They were always hiring
Cons
The workplace wasn't very good
Awesome and easy job
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Loved the packing the Department, management was pretty awesome.The breaks are too short.I loved the diverse culture of employees.The hours
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Very cold
Very cold workplace.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 17, 2016
The workplace is very cold. Most of the employees are friendly, they want a paycheck but do not want to work for it. Employees are mostly Fillipinos and Mexicans. Leads are Fillipinos and Mexican. There is a lot of favoritism to their own people and friends. The very productive employees never receive recognition and the pay rate is the same for the new people and those with 4+ years. This job has a lot of workplace injuries due to its the repetitive duties and they usually try to get you to quit by threatening termination.
Pros
free coffee, slow folks allowed
Cons
cold, favoritism, slow people in a fast paced environment
cold working environment
Production Worker/ Lead Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Cold working environment. Upper management is not employee friendly nor do they reward good performance. management wants maximum output with low regard to quality
Pros
free health care for employees
Cons
high employee turnover rate
Sk Food Group
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at work was good. Production was able to met and the people there are fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the was being able to go home and warm up.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Cold
line work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 12, 2016
the work was mundane and easy sk is a very good place to work if you speak Spanish or like to be quiet at work the majority of the employees are non English speakers
great work experience
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 7, 2016
i was a quality Assurance Technician at SK food group, my day would normally consist of checking product making sure all packages are equiped for shipment, keeping track of all records and product reports enforcing GMP's and following all SOP guidelines and Assuring others did so as well i learned a lot from this company in forms of quality, my co workers were fair, some nicer than others, although i did not agree so much with upper management and some of the decisions that were being made, some people felt as if they didn't have to respect anyone below their pay grade, the hardest part of this job was dealing with critical situations, while making decisions not only for the best interest of the company and policy, but to attempt to meet others needs and expectations as well, while performing hourly duties, such as data collecting, data entry, checking all critical control points such as product temperature before it runs through the nitrogen tunnel, and after nitrogen tunnel, as well as testing metal detectors on hourly basis, all while working with my QA team to monitor lower level warehouse associates, on there performance and coach them on more Quality efficient techniques. the most enjoyable part of this job was being in a position of power, and setting an example on how this great power should be properly excuted, with responsibilty and patience and understanding, Having this position really showed me what it means to be a leader.
Pros
working in a fully energetic enviorment surrounded with positive attitudes
Cons
working extremely long hours, with no time off