Skanska Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
Project Engineer/ Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Skanska has great benefits and many talented individuals working within the organization. I have learned a lot while working for Skanska. There has been a lot of opportunity for exposure to new experiences.
Loved Skanska
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2016
The company focus seems to be on the employees well being.
It seems that every several years a new "Regime" (managers and employees from different companies come in and stir things up) steps in many good longtime employees find themselves ousted.

Layoffs are unfair especially to longterm employees and their families. I believe that there should be a some sort of monitoring process that looks into the reasons why a person is selected to be laid off to protect them from being "terminated" simply because they may be disliked.
Pros
Great place to work and learn.
Cons
People unfailry laid off
it was full time, and i was trying to make it into a career.
Third class mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 1, 2016
It was very hard work, long hours, and sometimes yelling at you just so you understand what someone is saying. However it was very enjoyable.
Pros
steady honest income
Cons
they will work you to death if get in to the company. lol
work focused
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
Come in get your work done. Management was great. Learned to be an independent worker with minimal supervision. nice job for the time.
Not bad
IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 11, 2016
Good people, great place to work at.

Need to develop a relationship with all employees to function as IT as you are one of their main contacts for all kinds of issues.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Alot of traveling to different jobsite / offices
Productive and great company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  greenbeltMarch 31, 2016
Hard working company that put quality work and safety first.Worked with a lot of great men and woman.Had to move on to w new job once the contract was up .Would love to work for them again.
Pros
benefits great
Cons
traveling
Best IT shop I've ever worked at
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2016
I work in the Charlotte IT office, and I love it. The management is focused on removing obstacles and helping the individual be more productive. Yes, there's more to be done than there's time for, but my director will not over commit the team for what can be accomplished. My only negative comment is that they're too slow to approve additions to staff when needed.

The new CIO just returned to this USA assignment from an international assignment with Skanska. He knows the company well and already has the influence to deal with our senior business partners. I expect that he will position IT better as a strategic partner for the company.

The benefits are great, and they spend money on employee appreciation events and social gatherings.

I've worked at many IT shops all over Charlotte, in the retail, banking and utilities industries, and I am happier here than I've been anywhere else. I have the freedom to do my job in the best way I know how, and my contributions are appreciated.

It's a small IT shop in a large company with the benefits of both. When I see coworkers leave, I have to assume they just don't know how good they've got it here.
Pros
Leadership's values & culture, work/life balance, feeling appreciated, benefits
Cons
Too slow adding headcount when needed
IC/Skanska Midwest
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2016
Management lacks training to move forward with the expectations of goals for the future. The Evansville office is run by nepotism and unqualified leadership to be a successful part of Skanska. Until this changes, IC/Skanska civil Midwest will continue on a path of zero growth and depleting revenue.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Incompetent Management
Kind of just thrown in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple TXJanuary 20, 2016
Not much to do. Not much guidance. Co Workers were nice. Did not really know management. Office no longer exists. Overall it worked out ok.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
No management
Long-term job stability
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 27, 2015
Skanska has a long-term job stability; many people never leave the company or industry, and if they do, they always find a way back. My personal experience with management in the West Coast branch was unfair, belittling and intimidating. Not all branches are molded this way - East Coast branch was a great experience.

Department lacked structure and motivation to improve morale, efficiencies and stability. Office environment was bland.

Good benefits, cost of living raises every year.
Pros
Office located near Lake Merritt
Cons
Distance, no structure, did not cater to input
Great place to wok and learn.
Environmental Safety and Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 19, 2015
Great place to wok and learn. I was an EHS intern for the summer and learned valuable experience to pair with my education.
Worked very hard at my job
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2015
Skanska is a good company. I have worked with some great people within the organization. The project that i have been working on employed with ALL CRANE RENTAL OF FLORIDA at Tampa International Airport has been the best group of people I have worked with in my career. The management that Skanska has at TIA is awsome
Construction company with multiple simultaneous projects
Validation and Commissioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 28, 2015
Many daily deliveries, testing activities, commissioning activities and documentation for the multiple simultaneous projects while being understaffed made working in the quality team a demanding one but supportive management and helpful superintendents made it enjoyable. Lunch with my co-workers & the building supers who worked daily under similar circumstances was highly enjoyable and a great stress reliever. Of course there were politics with it being a multi-national company but there was much less of it for those not in management roles. Having no prior experience in construction-related portions of my position, I learned about testing of new construction and utilized engineering drawings in a way my previous position did not entail. A big downside was that growing with the company in terms of promotion was extremely hard. Health benefits were very good & tuition reimbursement for graduate school was available, which was nice even though the yearly amount was a quarter of my previous position. I greatly enjoyed the trust placed in me by my manager, which made the job enjoyable even at the busiest times.
Pros
Supportive management & co-workers, learned a lot, had multiple projects across the world in case one project ended
Cons
Let go pharmaceutical group employees without proj eng exp, little room for promotion
Productive, safety priority, innovative
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work, learn, advance and excell. Benefits are generous and salaries are competitive. Many opportunities for work advancement - hard bid company.
Pros
advanced technology
Cons
Extremely large/beauracratic
Good Company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New OrleansAugust 25, 2015
Good Company slightly blindsided by the layoff. Had a good MEP project manager show me a lot. Great benefits and packages but poor severance pay.
Good Place to work
MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Riverside,CAJuly 30, 2015
Good experience of working different job sites.
Learning new trades. Supportive management and good co workers.
High on safety!
Great place, but zero work/life balance
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2015
Loved working at Skanska, and I really liked the people, but the workload was too much and there was too much travel involved. Additionally, the schedule was always too unpredictable and therefore too much working on weekends required.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work-life balance
Fun people to work with
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Coworkers were a blast, however, many (including myself) felt as if we were under paid for the amount of work we put forth daily.
Large Company, Lots to learn
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
My typical day at work includes auditing construction workers working hours and pay. I will occasionally assist in budgeting for large projects and their bids. I participate in large meetings with management to go over potential bids. I also work on the accounting side, accruals and journal entries... etc.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation, salary
Cons
Some long hours.
Friendly Environment
Regional Cell Phone Administrator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany NJMay 27, 2015
Mornings start off with a 5 minute stretch routine to get the blood flowing. No managers really micro-manage. Everyone knows what task need to b completed for the day. Smooth running office environment with friendly co-workers.
Pros
Company rather promote internally
Cons
No much growth in IT Department