Skechers

Skechers Employee Reviews

Fast paced and motivating environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Commission
Absolutely, one of my favorite jobs ever. To excel in Skechers, you learn to be apart of a team because everyone needs help at some point, no matter how talented you are. While being a part of a fast paced sales floor, you also learn to take pride in your paycheck after each pay cycle due to the sales commission. Through each customer experience, you get to learn what features for each product benefits particular problem areas each customer might have like bunions, slip resistant, light weight for exercises, etc. Management gives the highest performers recognition which pushes everyone to continue progressing as sales people and team players. The hardest part of the job was language barriers, which was a minor hurdle. The most enjoyable part is getting to see your units per transactions, average dollar sale, and daily revenue for the store after each shift. The ability to see the numbers up close, allows you to figure out what you need to work on within yourself.
Productive yet unsafe working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Retail experience, lunch breaks
Cons: Inappropriate customers, bad management
Even though I was only there a short period of time, I adapted to the environment very easily. I realized that selling items and signing up customers for the rewards card came very easy. The reason I quit after about a month is because it became unsafe for me to work there. Customers were always out of line and management ignored it. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inappropriate customers. What I found enjoyable was actually selling the shoes because I was very good at it. Management didn't seem to care that I am a student and was taking my finals at one point by keeping me there until past midnight on some days.
retail management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Leeds, ALMay 13, 2015
Pros: free pair of shoes when hired
Cons: unrealistic expectations from management about how the public perceives the company itself
pay is absurdly low for job level

difficulty bringing on new hires due to lack of hours and starting pay being minimum wage
Good learning experience.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Beachwood, Ohio.April 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts on merchandise. Commission.
My typical day at work be selling product and making sure we are hitting on daily goals, encourage other employees to increase sells and be devoted to our product. Since I was in management, I got to learn a lot of new skills that I can carry into other companies. Working with customers and finding them the perfect shoe was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kittery, MEApril 23, 2015
The people I worked with were very nice, but there has been a view times that theft has accured. My manager was very flexible with time off and schedules.
Worklife
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2015
Provide prompt customer service. Process incoming shipments and transfers from other stores. Handle cash and credit transactions. Responsible for opening/closing store, deposits, and inventory.
Great coworkers and a very easy-going work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
Greet customers, ensure great rapport and thank customers to ensure return with a smile
Ensure visuals are picture perfect, maintained cleanliness throughout working shifts
Handled cash and transactions which included travelers check and money orders
Learned to work under pressure and operate a high volume store
Was part of the two top sales stores in the district
Recognized as a top seller using sales techniques that required up-selling and add-ons.
Chosen to lead new associates to develop required skills.
Worst job EVER
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts on shoes
Cons: The people in the higher power do not know what they're doing.
Terrible company to work for; the worst i've ever worked for. They do not take care of their employees. Unreasonable expectations for the staff at hand. Very unorthodox. Regional/Corporate are VERY judgmental in all the wrong areas.
Garbage Dump
Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 2, 2015
This is undoubtedly the worst job I have had to date. Corporate is fine, the actual corporation is a well run organization. That being said this particular satellite is horrid.
You're not going anywhere..
Assistant manager responsible for all cash flow (Current Employee), Brandon, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: easy first job
Cons: terrible management job
It's a great place to work for a part time sales associate. But for an assistant manager or especially a store manager- forget it. The pay is terrible but they compensate for it at the beginning by promising monthly/ quarterly bonuses. After a year of working as a store manager, I have yet to see either one. Corporate gives you minimal hours to work with and has very high expectations for customer service, daily paperwork, transfers, ect.. They promise their best employees promotions but always end up hiring outside of the company when a position is open.
Productive, busy, and fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 24, 2015
Typical days are very busy. I've learned better communication skills, I moved up to a floor manager. Co workers are very helpful with anything. I enjoy the job in general. Nothing was to hard.
Job was very repetitive, but you dealt w/ different people everyday
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: met wonderful friends there
Cons: not much room for advancement
on a typical day I Answered multiline phone system, instant chat mail, and email correspondence with customers
Performed data entry; collected payments and processed refunds
didnt work out
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), outlet mallMarch 18, 2015
Not the type environment you think it will be. you don't have the full support of upper management one would hope for. The company itself has great vision. But the lack of support and growth is very obvious.
Fast and fun paced
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 17, 2015
Working for Sketchers Footware was a very educational experience. I was always eager to promote the new products; there was a product for the whole family.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Working in retail I learned that a happy Customer is a returning customer. Helping people everyday makes me feel like a better person. Seeing the smile on someone's face because excellent customer service was provided is what gets me through the day. No customer should leave anywhere unsatisfied and that is why I make sure that every customer I come in contact with as soon as they come through the door feels welcomed and happy to be in the environment. That is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
A great company to work for. I loved my time working there. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in finding employment, as well as shopping there.
Work it
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great discount, easy sales
Cons: lots of bending and on knees stocking.
Great place to work, but you have to put in the time. Wish there was more product knowledge given to the warehouse stores.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clinton TownshipFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: commissions/bonuses
Cons: not enough hours/pay per hour
At Skechers, I managed the staff and helped hire/train new employees. I was responsible for making sure we met our sales goal on a daily basis. And ensured visual/marketing updates were done on time. This was a fun place to work for and the commission was an added bonus but it was only 25 hours a week.
Good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Worked part time as a sales associate. Sold shoes to different types of people. Located in downtown so it was close by to everything.
Great Place to learn and progress.
Floor Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Skechers is a great place to grow and improve your customer service skills. The daily interaction with customers, most foreign is fun. Management is ok they are helpful and push for our success.

1 2 3 4 5

About Skechers

Skechers' top executive Robert Greenberg knows how to land on his feet. The founder of 1980s icon L.A. Gear heads Skechers USA, – Read more

Skechers Salaries