Skechers Employee Reviews

Fast environment work place
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 23, 2017
Have to give the customers excellent customer service.
Getting things ready for shipment days one of the most hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is training the New Hires.
Benefits
Cons
Training
Professional Fast Peace Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
• Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and consulting employees.
• Oversee store operational requirements, shrinkage control, scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Achieves financial objective by setting monthly and annual sales plan; payroll control; analyzing sales penetration by department; and creating a customer service oriented culture.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2017
Sketchers was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They hours were great. For the most part it was a fast paced store and I enjoyed that because I liked to stay busy. Everyone was very flexible and reliable.
Pros
Great hours, and great employees.
Cons
Getting days off was a little hard
Patience is Key
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJJuly 12, 2017
Working at the warehouse building where everything was BOGO, it was important to be patient with customers attempting to walk out with unpaid goods as well as constantly fixing box arrangements on a normal basis due to kids.

I learned different types of shoes while worker for skechers.

Management at the time I worked there was inconsistent and poor.

The hardest part of working at skechers had to be the shortage of hours available on top of the minimum wage payment.

The most enjoyable part of working there was the face to face time assisting others.
Fun
Sales Associate/Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2017
I enjoy helping people, and working at Skechers gives me the opportunity to show my people skills. I strive to provide world-class service while building customer loyalty.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Create payroll, manage a sales team, staff an entire store
First Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJJuly 10, 2017
Typical day at work would be creating and following flow charts for products that were appealing and brought in foot traffic, adjust an allocate the right hours to stay within payroll for the week staff entire stores
Looking for an opportunity with a stable company where advancements are possible in the future.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 10, 2017
Normally at sketchers we have small town customers that come in frequently, we all have a close bond with our customers, we take our customers seriously and try in every way possible to make sure they walk out of the store with what they came for. I learned to take things In steps, to stay at a steady pace. So your able to do things right the first time without having to repeat the process. While that takes longer to accomplish you task. I respect all of my fellow managers while they take there jobs seriously as i do. While i do love my job i still need a more advanced pay to live off of and a more steady and promising work schedule. I would like to be employeed at a stable company where i can advance in the future.
Pros
Working closely with customers, online orders, working with positive management
Cons
Low pay, Less hours, No benefits
Good PT work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282July 9, 2017
Working in retail is never easy. I learned how to detail with difficult customers and I learned how not to take bad days home with me (face it, you can't help everyone). The company is growing and constantly advancing employees.
abandon hope in retail
Visual Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
its retail it sucks. don't even do it for the summer, cant really say anything else hate that i have to leave a review. get a better job and quick. anything retail sucks
Fun place to meet new people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 7, 2017
Great customer service. Been there for a year and I absolutely love it. When working with a great team of people who has great customer service and supports you and your dreams you know you have found home and working at skechers is amazing every single day.
First real job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
I worked here for 3 years during high school. It was a great place to work for what I needed. I got compensated fairly for my job. I moved up from sales associate to assistant manager fairly quickly.
Productive and a fun place to work in.
Sales Associate Queens Blvd, NY (Former Employee) –  Queens BlvdJuly 6, 2017
The manager always works with you to create your own schedule. Hardest part of the job was climbing ladders in a small stock room. Manager would cut your hours throughout the week if business was too slow.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Manager would cut your hours if it was too slow.
Great job experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2017
This was my first job and it helped me become better as a person. They gave me the skills i needed to achieve what i wanted. I am very thankful for them teaching me how to become a better person.the people i work with will always have a part in my life. I had a great boss. The only down part was the district Manager. She was very tough on everyone but i think she did it so they can get better and stronger. Over all i had a great experience working with amazing people.
Pros
communicating with costumers, creating new friends, get experience for life, learn resposibillity
Pretty fun job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 5, 2017
I just started but I really like it so far. Great atmosphere, management is good, and the hours are alright. The hours can be long though and breaks are short.
Pros
Management, coworkers, discount
Cons
Short Breaks, strict dress code
Engaging team of people
Floor Supervisor/ Stockroom Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2017
Work culture if fast paced but easy to follow.
This job at times is very remedial but management gives the job some spunk by teaching associates and leads the ways of the company goals.
Fun Place
1st Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
Skechers is an amazing company to work for, most of the people that work enjoy their job. Its more of a self serve company with is great for meaningful interactions with customers
Do not work here! Rude customers only come here
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 2, 2017
When i first started working here it was cool. however it is the citadel and you get many foreigners that come and by shoes. the people are very rude and they smell.
Pros
some managers are chill
Cons
customers with odor, low pay wage, small break room, tedious cleaning tasks, pact mall, no parking
laid back with a up beat feel
Second Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 2, 2017
open drawers, do numbers for the day reflecting from lyd, dusting,turn on music and tvs, get change for the day , numbers board, sometimes conference call, help customers make sure displays are put back the way they are , if closing , close drawers, prepare deposit , paperwork , pretty opposite of mornings duties and lock up
Pros
laid back no dress code just dress clean cut or fashion forward
Cons
shipment, stockroom
Management was Poor
2ND ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  AlbertvilleJune 29, 2017
Management use to be good then there was a management change and the new manager is over bearing and rude, the work is unenjoyable and I would never work here again.
Skechers Corporate
Director of Retail Planning & Allocations (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 27, 2017
Skechers is a demanding work environment. Salaried employees were expected to work approximately 60 hours a week, which was not hard to do with all the changes in direction from the department president. The top Management would demand changes and then when executed would blame the lower management for making changes. The hardest part of the job was being able to do the right thing while the Department President would yell in meetings. I know when leaving an employee was asked to over ship by the president which they did because they didn't know how to tell the President no. They were later documented for following the presidents direction and over shipping and the department president denied telling them to do so. The best part of working here was the higher pay and the staff normally working together to get things done correctly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Tough Work Environment