Skechers

Skechers Employer Reviews

Job was very repetitive, but you dealt w/ different people everyday
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: met wonderful friends there
Cons: not much room for advancement
on a typical day I Answered multiline phone system, instant chat mail, and email correspondence with customers
Performed data entry; collected payments and processed refunds
didnt work out
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), outlet mallMarch 18, 2015
Not the type environment you think it will be. you don't have the full support of upper management one would hope for. The company itself has great vision. But the lack of support and growth is very obvious.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Working in retail I learned that a happy Customer is a returning customer. Helping people everyday makes me feel like a better person. Seeing the smile on someone's face because excellent customer service was provided is what gets me through the day. No customer should leave anywhere unsatisfied and that is why I make sure that every customer I come in contact with as soon as they come through the door feels welcomed and happy to be in the environment. That is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
A great company to work for. I loved my time working there. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in finding employment, as well as shopping there.
Work it
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great discount, easy sales
Cons: lots of bending and on knees stocking.
Great place to work, but you have to put in the time. Wish there was more product knowledge given to the warehouse stores.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clinton TownshipFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: commissions/bonuses
Cons: not enough hours/pay per hour
At Skechers, I managed the staff and helped hire/train new employees. I was responsible for making sure we met our sales goal on a daily basis. And ensured visual/marketing updates were done on time. This was a fun place to work for and the commission was an added bonus but it was only 25 hours a week.
Good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Worked part time as a sales associate. Sold shoes to different types of people. Located in downtown so it was close by to everything.
Great Place to learn and progress.
Floor Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Skechers is a great place to grow and improve your customer service skills. The daily interaction with customers, most foreign is fun. Management is ok they are helpful and push for our success.
Positive working environment
Supervisor & Lead Sales (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Working for Skechers USA has taught me valuable life long customer service skills that can be utilized for future job positions. This Skechers location was constantly busy due to being located in a popular shopping mall, so we were trained to work in a fast paced environment and making sure every customer leaves satisfied. Managers showed professional work ethics, fairness, and other employees were there to assist in any difficult situations. Every employee under management had specific job responsibilities, but store goals were met by every employee working together as a team.
The most enjoyable part of working for Skechers was having a positive work force that made sure every customers' desires were fulfilled and letting customers know that they were welcomed anytime in our store.
it was a great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), west palm beachJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great brand
Cons: no training from corporate
great company to work for treats all managers very well , learned plenty from working with my initial district manager he taught me allot about day to day job responsibilities and how to master them.
Fun and energetic workplace
Floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Kittery, MEJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Skecher's because its like a family. You show up and everyone always has a smile on their face. You do your job, while having fun. I started working here in May and have been promoted already. My manager is talking about promoting me to part time assistant manager, and I would love that. I love everything about this job.
unorganized
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
the dm is unorganized and do not know the answers..................
A great place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Work was always busy and had the best managers and co workers. I learned a lot about the store itself.
Not for Everyone
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: product
Cons: operations, visual
The company delivers a fantastic assortment of footwear to consumers. It also possesses a variety of store types that provide a range of services for consumers.

The work environment is chaotic. Rarely are operational decisions tested being rolled out resulting in numerous field problems. Floor sets are executed before getting marketing supplies and sometimes product to support it.
Good place to work with an amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tacoma, WaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts, social interaction
Definitely the most well structured company I have worked for. I basically have to go in every day and sell shoes. I have to promote the product and up-sell as much as possible. When I am not doing that, I am cleaning and stocking. I have had some of my best experiences with management. My boss at my old Skechers in California was very professional. He taught me a lot about being a good sales person and it has really reflected upon my performances, as I have been among the best Associates since I have been with the company. The toughest part of the job is sometimes it's really slow, as I like to be productive. I really enjoy the atmosphere there. They encourage you to have fun and to showcase your interpersonal skills, which are some of my best assets.
Daily duties at Skechers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: great discounts and employees
A normal day: depending if you were the opening or closing manager.
Opening: Opening the store consisted of unlocking the doors and turning off the alarm. Once you were clocked in at your scheduled time, you would count the tills and petty cash, and writing out the planner for the day. All the people that were scheduled for the day get put on the daily planner according to the time they arrive, all the daily numbers and goals are set for the day as well we each are given a section to maintain throughout our shift. whether it is cleaning, filling the area, making displays, or customer service. As a manager you would send people to their breaks at their certain times; run the store as in customer service, register, moving product, visuals. Helping customers is a huge deal for this company, so we would constantly check on customers to make sure they are finding exactly what they were looking for. I was the first assistant in the store I worked in and all the management/ employees under the store manager and myself looked up to us everyday for help on certain situations and we answered all the questions they had.
Hardest part of the job was sometimes the customers. just about everyday the customers wouldn't treat the employees of the store very nicely. so as a manager would you have to do your best to take care of anything that the employee needed with a challenging customer.
Closing manager-
At the end of the night the manager on duty would count the tills and make the bank deposit once the store was closed and all customers were out of the store. after the deposit was made the manager would then go in the back and do the nightly paperwork and then once it is time to leave they would collect all the trash and set the alarm and leave.
I really enjoyed working with the great group of people that were in that store. I had good relationships with everyone I have worked with and still keep in contact with some of them.
Popular shoe store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MODecember 16, 2014
Job was very focused on sales. Learned some marketing skills.
great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 15, 2014
a typical day is light cleaning and organization. you learn to be patience and work fast.management is well organized and always on top of their staff making sure they provide great customer service.the co-workers are friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast pace. the most enjoyable part is the people you meet.
Overall friendly work enviorment
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2014
I learned that sometimes no matter how hard you work, and how much time and dedication you present, you can still be passed over for advancement opportunities by others who sometimes don't even work for the company currently.
growing company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: has insurance
Cons: salary. no training
lack of training and knowledge. insurance is too high. Will hirer and will just put them into a position.

1 2 3 4 5

About Skechers

Skechers' top executive Robert Greenberg knows how to land on his feet. The founder of 1980s icon L.A. Gear heads Skechers USA, – Read more

Skechers Salaries