Skechers Employee Reviews

Productive, Innovative, Competitive workforce
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day would be completing a list of task that needed to be completed before the close of business that would have been left by the store manager. Once a task is completed the task would be crossed off the list, for any task that is not completed one must make sure that the list if left in a visible place for the next manager coming in. Co-workers were encouraged by management to ask questions on anything they are unsure about. Although the new store manager of the store has made thing very uncomfortable in the store and the work environment is not the same fun, motivating, exciting work force that it use to be. Although things have changed most of us use each other to boast/prop each other up.
Pros
Breaks are enforced
Cons
No health benefits unless you are full-time, but only three positions are full time Store Managers, and the 1st Assistant Managers everyone else is part-time.
Great Environment and People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PADecember 3, 2015
Personally, I love working at Skechers, it is probably my favorite of all the jobs I've had. I love my coworkers and my manager is great, also possibly the best manager I've ever worked for, or at the very least a close second. We have a great team and I truly like and enjoy working with all of my coworkers as well - it is a great job college job, or even a potential career with opportunities to move up.

That being said, although I do love Skechers and it has been a great place for me to work while in school, now that I am done out of school I am looking for something full-time where I can start my career and use the skills that I worked and studied so hard in college to gain.
Pros
regular breaks and raises, will promote you quickly if you're a hard worker and good with people.
Cons
pay, although not bad for a college job, you don't really start to make enough to make a career of it until you're a store manager or higher, luckily, you can get promoted and work your way up very quickly if you are a good worker and a people person.
Flexible learning enviorment
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 14, 2015
A day at Skechers is very to the book. You are there to sell Skechers products and to know the products information. Cleaning is important to make sure store looks good at all times. Its a very fast past work place but very simple once you know the product. Management handles flexible hours and co-workers are very welcoming.
Pros
You get to pick a pair of skechers which is complentary by the company.
Cons
No benefits as a second assistant but thats expected at part time.
It is a horrible place to work with no regional or HR Support
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2016
The regional manager of Texas has no regards for business and does nothing to support his districts. He constantly finds was to eliminate all of his store managers if he doesn't get along with them. The HR manager, which is stationed in Georgia but oversees Texas is the worst HR manager. She would rather protect associates that don't do anything then protect the management team. They don't give fair warning to eliminating employees and want all managers to just work in the back because they don't want them to get commission. The best part of working was my own staff, but if you plan on working in Texas, the regional manager is a joke, and the HR manager, is a bigger joke. If you want to do just operations, and have no say, then this job is for you!!!!
Pros
Store Staff
Cons
Upper Executives
Good job if you wish to work if you need a flexible schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
It can be a good job for school, but upper management will consider the business needs before they consider yours. Favoritism is not allowed, but they do it anyway and it is the only you can move up. They do not give enough hours to support their needs, so they expect so much effort and sales from you. If you wish to keep this job, do not expect your sales to matter in this company, but your physical ability to getting things done. Consider this company as a last resort. I've seen so many managers, associates, district managers, and even regional managers come and go.
Pros
flexible, benefits
Cons
short breaks, low hours, favoritism
10 years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 3, 2016
Promotions from within are few and far between. Company provides tools to be successful, but upper management always has a different idea or method of execution, so it's difficult to know which one is the right one. DM will say one thing, then RSM will come in and say it's incorrect, tell you to do it another way, then HIS/HER boss will come in and say something completely different. There is no middle ground. Upper management does not communicate effectively with each other.
Pros
1st pair free, 50% off 3 pairs a month, Store managers get invited to Los Angeles once a year for a conference which is fun and exciting.
Cons
Micro-managing nightmare, hour cuts, expectations are sometimes unrealistic.
Great if your new to the workforce in general. That's it.
Kids Lead. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2016
Skechers is great if you are a beginner and you are new to how a job works. Like for kids straight out of high school. Other than that it's not really good for anything. I have had so so much trouble with district managers, and HR. They don't listen to anything or anyone. They promote the people that look the best and kiss up the most, which is totally unfair to the others that actually work. They are a company that would rather brush things under the rug, than clean up the mess.
Pros
Discount on shoes, chill environment, most of my fellow coworkers.
Cons
Management, hours, corporate, HR
Good place to work.
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 6, 2016
I started working for Skechers about 2-3 months ago. I like working there. The days we are busy, it is very demanding and fast paced. On the days it's slow, its slow, but it gives you a chance to recover the store and get the final details finished. Day to day, being a Floor, I do:
-customer service
-price changes
-shifting
-stock/back stock
-shoe fittings
-climb ladders to get products down
Pros
meet a lot of different people
Cons
a lot of shoes and product knowledge, and easily get written up
Outstanding place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 10, 2016
Skechers USA is an amazing place to work. The atmosphere was always positive and filled with energy.

I was a part of the management team, I made sure to get along with all of my employees by giving them the correct and proper training based -upon there needs .

The job did require a lot of manual labor, Your required to lift boxes up to 85lbs. Also when it comes to floor moves and rearranging the sales floor and back stock room .

The most enjoyable part of the job was the all the different customers and employees I was able to work with on a day to day basis.
Cons
job security
Lots of nepotism, easy work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAJune 17, 2016
Like the title says, Skechers is an easy place at which to work. The only problem with my particular location is the management. They have an extremely bizarre way of running things. My philosophy is and has always been customers first. They're are the lifeline of not only Skechers but every business. The philosophy at my particular store is: customers second, store maintenance first.

It doesn't take a genius to realize these guys are squandering a prime opportunity to sell some high-quality footwear. You can have the best products and most dedicated employees in the world, but the store as a whole is run by idiots, it won't make a difference. The company location will only go so far. And Skechers is not a top contender to begin with. We have to fight and claw for market share against Saucony, Brooks, Asics, New Balance and others.
Pros
Easy work, consistent hours, (mostly) friendly co-workers
Cons
Micro-management, constant deflection, level of gossip and immaturity is really middle school, poor leaders
Positve and Energtic workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  42nd & 5th aveSeptember 16, 2016
Sketchers is actually one of my best jobs experiences. The environment and energy was always positive, staffs are always helpful as well. Working at Sketchers taught me how to work as a team and multitask. But the hardest part of the job I would say is when we're sold out on an item the costumer really wants and to go back to them and break the news. But the best part of working there is the boned your able to have with your costumer and how comfortable they are around you.
Pros
staffs are very energtic and positive energy
Cons
not enough hours
Do More with less is the key phase used to all!!
Multi unit manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 23, 2016
As a seasoned manager with this company I can tell you that this is not the place you want to be. The do more with less mantra is repeated always. Even when your running a successful store with great comps in all metrics it is never enough. While HR preaches a "culture" management and corporate partners never follow its own guidelines. Even with multiple reports to HR on DM's abuse of authority, HR turns a blind eye and allows. The stores are run on bare bones salary and it takes a toll on staff and management.
Cons
No work life balance
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
Typical day consisted of opening store, walking floor for product that needed filling, ordering low inventory product, assisting customers & maintaining clean sales floor, planning associates duties for the day.

I learned the array of foot problems for majority of the public has and then what to suggest for their particular need.

Upper Management was very helpful but store Manager was a bit lacking in planning upcoming events and procrastinated essential duties.

Co-workers were up-beat and friendly

Hardest part of the job was getting my Store Manager to do essential duties on time. I was left to take over a lot of the Store Manager duties on top of my own due to procrastination on their part then explaining why it wasn't finished in a timely manner to my District Manager.

Most enjoyable part was engaging with a different array of people on a daily basis. Making personal connections with customers and creating repeat customers.
Pros
Meeting different people, making friends and repeat customers.
Cons
Can be very slow, young associates that are not driven, Mostly part-time positions
Exciting fun experience with amazing co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
When you work for Skechers all your co-workers and managers become your family. you are always able to rely on someone if in need of help. Everyone is always there for each other to improve the success of the store. Working for skechers was the funnest experience at any job I have ever had. Skechers always gives you the opportunity to work at many locations which allows you to improve on your costumer service and retail skills.
Pros
Most amazing Co-Workers
Hi welcome to Skechers
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 3, 2016
At first I was just an associate, with the passion and drive to move forward. Sales were fun, you could play of your coworkers with some friendly competition. Advanced quickly. Management always there. Shipment might have been the hardest but I enjoyed it. What I liked the most was helping the customer find what is was that she wanted. Or close to what she needed.
Pros
Family atmospher, great leaning experiance in retail
Cons
some of the customers
Great Company, Nice Benefits, Amazing Co-workers
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, INMay 29, 2015
Skechers is a great company to work for. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking. Helping customers, driving results, and employee development are my favorite things about this job. I absolutely love my co-workers, we work hard and have fun while doing it. The biggest challenge I face in my job, is working with a sometimes extremely limited amount of payroll hours.
Pros
great benefits package, Co-workers are great, overall great company, fast paced environment, ability to move up
Cons
Scheduling can be difficult with a limited amount of employees and payroll hours
It was a great learning experience for me
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
Getting and overview from a manager(shift change), bringing out product, filling out paperwork, cleaning. Management was easy,,, i listen to every associate and make sure they understand what i expect. Hardest part was keeping up with all the visual changes without the right number of employees to help and the most enjoyable part was being and team and putting a smile on customers faces .
Good Job with Strong Staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at Skechers you never have a down minute. You constantly learn new things everyday are able to better your self in the world of retail. The best part of the job is being able to talk to the customers and hear their stories from around the world; even though it seems like it may look like just a shoe store you will gain more life experience than imaginable by working there.
Pros
Commission
Fast paced and motivating environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Absolutely, one of my favorite jobs ever. To excel in Skechers, you learn to be apart of a team because everyone needs help at some point, no matter how talented you are. While being a part of a fast paced sales floor, you also learn to take pride in your paycheck after each pay cycle due to the sales commission. Through each customer experience, you get to learn what features for each product benefits particular problem areas each customer might have like bunions, slip resistant, light weight for exercises, etc. Management gives the highest performers recognition which pushes everyone to continue progressing as sales people and team players. The hardest part of the job was language barriers, which was a minor hurdle. The most enjoyable part is getting to see your units per transactions, average dollar sale, and daily revenue for the store after each shift. The ability to see the numbers up close, allows you to figure out what you need to work on within yourself.
Pros
Commission
Wonderful place to work!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 1, 2016
I couldn't be more happier with my job. My pay is great and my job environment is wonderful. I love working with people. There are always opportunities to move up in the company. It really is a great company they do a lot of partnerships with other organizations like, Sunrise Day Camp Association, for children with cancer and Best Friends Associations, for Animal Shelters. A very generous company.