Skechers Employee Reviews

Friendly atmosphere, hardworking management.
Stock Room Assitant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 10, 2013
Working the stockroom making sure area is clean recieving shipments daily for restock and to be placed on sales floor. Making sure stockroom was well organized product easily accessible, and numerically organized by style product. Management was very proficient Manager awarded best warehousemanager of the year. Coworkers very friendly easy to get along with hardworkers. Hardest part of the day would be a day where sales where slow and not much work to be done. Most enjoyable would be working with people that have good fun attitude worked well for team morale.
Pros
very flexible with hours, room for growth
Cons
days of slow sales
Good job if you wish to work if you need a flexible schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
It can be a good job for school, but upper management will consider the business needs before they consider yours. Favoritism is not allowed, but they do it anyway and it is the only you can move up. They do not give enough hours to support their needs, so they expect so much effort and sales from you. If you wish to keep this job, do not expect your sales to matter in this company, but your physical ability to getting things done. Consider this company as a last resort. I've seen so many managers, associates, district managers, and even regional managers come and go.
Pros
flexible, benefits
Cons
short breaks, low hours, favoritism
Great Company, Horrible Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2015
I worked there for almost a year. I loved working with the store manager. However once he started working at two locations, we were left with our two assistant managers who were rude to both employees and customers.Everyone else was nice though but they eventually started to leave to avoid dealing with the assistant managers. I would have stayed if there were nicer people in charge. Also for some reason there were no security cameras in our location which was odd because it is such a huge store. We found empty boxes at least twice a week.
Pros
Shoe discount, great customers, great store manager
Cons
Rude assistant managers, not a lot of hours to work
Worst experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2014
Wheni first started with skechers, it was a fun place to work. I got recruited by the best manager, had a wonderful experience with the staff and eveything went fine....until I got promoted. I got promoted to Assistant Manger to work as the Shape-Up promoter for the Kiosk at Century City. I had to work 12 hours with no break, If I left the kiosk to go to the bathroom, I got into trouble. I had to work the kiosk while it rained. Called the labor people of California and they said that Skechers had every right to treat their employees how they wanted. I was so upset. I did everything right and then still got the short end of the stick.
Cons
not a good company
You're not going anywhere..
Assistant manager responsible for all cash flow (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 2, 2015
It's a great place to work for a part time sales associate. But for an assistant manager or especially a store manager- forget it. The pay is terrible but they compensate for it at the beginning by promising monthly/ quarterly bonuses. After a year of working as a store manager, I have yet to see either one. Corporate gives you minimal hours to work with and has very high expectations for customer service, daily paperwork, transfers, ect.. They promise their best employees promotions but always end up hiring outside of the company when a position is open.
Pros
easy first job
Cons
terrible management job
Fast paced, fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 6, 2013
my job title was to be a sales associate. I was to great and help costumers in a friendly matter, also try and figure out exactly what shoe was good for them in style and comfortability. In which im great at with costumers. I also worked on the cash register, including working on transfers and ordering shoes we did not have for costumers. I'd usually close, in which my job was to clean and organize store, I'd also help manager close register. My co-workers were more than great we were like a family which made my job much easier. I loved this work place and the employees i had a chance to work with.
Pros
commission, co-workers
Cons
no cons
Don't work here
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2012
You sell shoes, it's a terrible job. This is one of the worst places I've ever worked. People are constantly fired for no other reason than someone doesn't like them. You can be the best at your job and fired because you "not the right fit" or you can be terrible and get a promotion because you and the store manager are friends outside of work. Corporate management is clueless as to how to run their stores and they constantly provide the public and employees with false product information. There is nothing good about working here, but if you're desperate and need a job quite, they will hire just about anyone.
Cons
everything
Great Company, Nice Benefits, Amazing Co-workers
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, INMay 29, 2015
Skechers is a great company to work for. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking. Helping customers, driving results, and employee development are my favorite things about this job. I absolutely love my co-workers, we work hard and have fun while doing it. The biggest challenge I face in my job, is working with a sometimes extremely limited amount of payroll hours.
Pros
great benefits package, Co-workers are great, overall great company, fast paced environment, ability to move up
Cons
Scheduling can be difficult with a limited amount of employees and payroll hours
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 24, 2014
This company is great. great management. I am learning a lot. makes me a good sales person. it helps me to be a good leader and a follower. and through the help of this company, i learned to be more goal oriented person and into details. makes me a people person and we respect and enjoy each other's company. we basically sell shoes. we are accountable for the company's integrity. i enjoyed working for this company because it contributes not only on my professional growth but with my personal growth as well. and everyday i am still learning a lot. customers are greatly satisfied with our customer service.
Pros
great management
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to work good environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 8, 2015
Awesome place to work, learned a lot that I will take with my forever on my journey in the work place. A typical of work for me at work was opening the store in the morning, counting the bank, and starting the registers. I've learned a lot about running a retail store and the process management of the retail store. The best part about the job was helping the customers get what the needed and wanted. The hardest part of the job was charge sends, I think there needs to be a better more efficient way to get the shoes for the customers when don't have them in store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Distance from my home
cool location, fun job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 4, 2014
A typical day would be greeting guests, sizing their feet and grabbing them all the shoes they wanna try on.
I learned how to speak to guests and listen to their needs.
The management team was a little off, we went through a period of time when we were going through a few managers in a short period of time.
My co-workers were a great group of people, easy to get along with and helped the day go by faster.
The hardest part of my job was sizing guests feet.
The most enjoyable was helping little kids pick out shoes and watching them get exciting when they found a pair they liked.
Pros
having fun at work
Cons
restocking the store
A great company to work for but it's not for everyone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2012
Skechers is a wonderful company and I truly believe in the product. However I feel as if they expect more out of you than what their willing to pay you for. Working there I never had a problem with the customers if anything it was with not being heard in corporate when there were things the store needed for example several stores including my own went with out bags to give the customers for months because they weren't getting shipped out and we had to hand customers shoe boxes with nothing to carry them in.
Pros
a lot of room for growth
Cons
no health care for part-time employees
Fast paced store with some great employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 26, 2014
Dealing with customers, employees and managing people has taught me a lot on how to speak to others in a more positive way while still maintaining a stern strong attitude.
We have a great management team with lots of experience on managing tasks and people.
The hardest part of this job is definitely the changing environment, every week something different happens and its challenging for sure, but never overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of being with Skechers has been the experience with customers, the satisfaction of helping people is the best part of all of it.
business day
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 28, 2014
count safe and registers and make records of money. open the doors to the customers, greet and customer service. this includes helping customers fins their size, or simply asking how there dat is going. our coworkers are making sure everything runs smooth and that customers are being taken care of in a timely matter. the hardest part of the job is not being able to help a customer if we do not ave what they are looking for simply because it is our job to satisfy them. what i enjoy most is being able to sell a product that i a, proud to work for and am able to sell to people all over the world.
Fast pace environment in retail shoe sales.
Sales and Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2012
Clock into work station. Complete shipment and new arrivals. Create space for newest shoe styles on sales floor. Organise stock in back room. Open the store, and greet customers. Service inquires and make recommendations for clients was the main objective. I learned time management skills. Co-workers were very helpful. The hardest aspect of the job was ensuring all shoe sizes were available on the sales floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clientele that loved our shoes.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
n/a, had to pursue college full time
Loved working in a growing work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2014
I love working at Skechers for the simple reason that I learned more about running and managing a retail store. I learned my about payroll, scheduling, employee management, and how to operate more then one store at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go back and forth between stores and getting to travel to management skill meetings and meeting with different managers and executives from the company.
Pros
wages, company values
Cons
i wasn't able to reach my goal of becomming a store manager instead of just an assistant manager
Wonderful experience and resume building skills
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 20, 2014
I started here as an associate and ended up leaving as Assistant. I would cashier, do payroll, write the schedule, and perform a number of other duties. All of the managers I worked with, even the District Manager were all so great to work with. My co-workers were a great plus to work with and are still friends of mine to this day. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. I loved every day that I was there and really can appreciate all that I have learned by working there.
Pros
great pay, great place to work.
Cons
no concept store in modesto.
what red-blooded woman doesn't like shoes,we all need em!!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAAugust 3, 2015
not a bad place to work.
co-workers were nice, and so was management.
lot of turn-over though, with both Associates and Management.
busy, fun, stressful days or nights.
what I learned; that those boxes of lefts and rights in the backroom, would never go away!! The customers always kept you on your toes! Best part of my day or night; was seeing both the child and parent happy and smiling. The hardest part of any day or night; store recovery.
Pros
fun upbeat people, customers, and place.
Cons
shoes, shoes, the descisons and store recovery!
Great coworkers and a very easy-going work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
Greet customers, ensure great rapport and thank customers to ensure return with a smile
Ensure visuals are picture perfect, maintained cleanliness throughout working shifts
Handled cash and transactions which included travelers check and money orders
Learned to work under pressure and operate a high volume store
Was part of the two top sales stores in the district
Recognized as a top seller using sales techniques that required up-selling and add-ons.
Chosen to lead new associates to develop required skills.
Can be productive at times and good work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day at skechers is customer service giving duties thru out the day to the crew...you always learn something new with workin with shoes....I enjoy working with my co-workers and as a team...the hardest part of the job is that sometimes we don't have leadership at my store since we don't have a store manager....the most enjoyable part of my job is loving what i do, no matter what job im at i put my all in everything I do to get the job dont to mu best ability.
Pros
the pay is good and the experience
Cons
the short breaks and the short hours