Skechers Employee Reviews

great workplace.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 11, 2017
Face paced at times.Generally a great place to wokk. Room for upward mobility. Great work environment and very welcoming. A great place to learn how to run a business.
Pros
great discount
Cons
peak hrs limited breaks
management scared of upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2017
expectations for a minimum wage job are way to high, wanting employees to work overnight even though they did not sign up for that. Horrible place to work at, work ethic of mangers is ridiculous.
simple and easy
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 8, 2017
typical day at work is stocking, organizing, driving unit sales. sometimes things get repetitive at work which is sometimes a negative, but my co workers are great people and the job isn't to difficult.
Pros
great co workers, job difficulty isnt hard
Cons
pay, gets boring
Good work enviroment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work was floating around in between morning shipment, wallpapering the sales floor, straightening displays and apparel, exchanges, customer service, register and some mod duties.

Learned customer service and how to run a store.

Loved the management and atmosphere, cool laid back environment but it was deff fast paced and you had to keep the store up to par.

hardest part of job I would say is moving things around and someone coming in and say your doing it wrong, getting many projects done by short time ( we were a new store, and no one was trained properly till months after opening )

enjoyed meeting and helping different type of people, having projects to do and spending so much but seeing how great it was after finishing!
Pros
Friendly co enviroment, learned lots of work related skills, growth
Cons
part-time, even though i worked fulltime... distance for pay
Good starter job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 6, 2017
Low stress, clean work environment aside from putting on customers shoes, use plenty of sanitizer. Small commission pay decent hours. Customers tend to be easy to deal with.
Productive place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 3, 2017
Steady / Calm place to work at. A lot of customer service. Money handling, Inventory , and stocking. Managed the store made sure everything was flowing well.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
It was the average retail job. Mostly customer service and stocking of items. We had training every so often and halfway through my time there they started selling apparel in addition to shoes.
Fun at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I cleaned bathrooms and assisted customers.
I did inventory and shipment packages.
hardest thing about the job was my manager. I learned a lot about the retail business.
Pros
10 min breaks
Cons
no benefeits
It was great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great experience and you gain great knowledge out of it. You get to meet amazing people and the vibes they have are just great.
skechers
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 18, 2017
One of the best place to start in retail. for the fact that teaches you quite a bit about everything from customer service, operations, and how to jungle 5 different task at one time
Choose a good location
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2017
The job itself is a lot to learn, but once you know the stuff it's very easy. Making commission was very helpful to paychecks but it's very easy for coworkers to steal your sales and the commission on it. There's a lot of room for advancement, however my location had terrible management and if they didn't like you then you had the worst hours and would never stand a chance of being promoted. I was also the lowest paid but most experienced out of all my coworkers, being there for almost two years. Working with such a terrible management put a bad taste in my mouth for Skechers overall, so I'd personally never work there again.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad management, Commission always stolen by managers.
first time job
sales (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 16, 2017
This was my first job! The people I worked with were great and management was very understanding. great place to start out your working career. Loved it
Great company to work for always ahead of the rest
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day of work is finding out what are your goals and plan how it will be done. You will have enough associates to accomplished this but be very organised because is only enough associates. Customers service is always priority but task must be done too.
Pros
great discounts on shoes and outstanding benefits.
Cons
I cannot say their was any.
Pretty good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Room for advancement, friendly environment, and structural. You need patients to work with the types of customers you get. You need to be ready to help every customer that walks through the doors. You're constantly cleaning the sales floor and rearranging product for shipment. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Opporunities to advance
Cons
Lower income
Great company to work for. Fun and friendly environment.
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Great company. Good pay and easy to move up in position. Management is friendly and professional. Fun and friendly environment. Great brand and great quality products.
Cons
No visible piercings or tattoos.
Great work environment to work In and friendly coworkers
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
One of the most well managed companies I've seen and worked for. Staff is very friendly and strong believers in what they market and sell. Easy to move up in the company if mind is put to the goal that is set.
Honest and Hardworking staff full of productivity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2017
A typical day is taking advantage of customer service and also exploiting sales to our customers. I learned how to operate their registers, therefore I can constantly keep selling our products. Our management are hard-working and trustworthy, as well with the rest of the staff who opens their-selves with potential and kindness. The hardest part of the job is getting customers to become elites, but I enjoy greeting people and service their interest.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible managment unplesant work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 10, 2017
managers lack of professionalism make skechers an unbearable place to work. Terrible scheduling and inconsistency in giving schedules on time make keeping a job work/life balance impossible.
Pros
no pros
Cons
always badgered about work even on breaks
Dramatic workplace,
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Lake Ozark, MOFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of putting away stock and helping the customers. I had a lot of issues with employees starting problems or trying to sabotage my work. Overall was not impressed with management and employee work ethic.
Public and fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  34th st. Manhattan, 10001January 26, 2017
I learned a lot from Skechers. It was worth it. Now I know what my priorities are and what to value. It's made me more career minded and professional.
Pros
Salary plus commission based, diverse staff
Cons
Difficult to get a well deserved promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval