Skechers Employer Reviews

Fun environment, seeing customer satisfaction.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 5, 2014
I loved working for the skechers for the simple enjoyment of seeing happy customers leave and return with family, friends and co-workers.
great
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 21, 2014
a typical day is just talking to customers and learning is how to sale becuase there is alot of other thing that can help you like emails that are send and lot of promotion. the hardest part is working in a walmart because sometime the manager wont work with you and can be difficult to sale if the manager is giving you a hard time
Amazing place to work
Store Mgr (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: every aspect of the company
Cons: n/a
Skechers is an Amazing place to work, Everyday was different.

A fun up-beat place to work. friendly staff and Mgt. customer service is #1 with this company. every aspect that I use Managing my store where I am now, I learned it here. training training training. All aspects of this company are so well rounded and a comfortable casual environment that's a plus.
Calm Job Little stress..
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
Start work at 6 when early shipments come in. Scan items and put products in shelves in order. Label items that had to go back and put in the storefront. Always communicate with other workers. Pulling items up and down the stairs is hard. A steady paycheck makes it easy when it is over.
Sales driven workplace with comfortable shoes.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction, good company.
Cons: part-time positions, inventory availability.
A typical day would include opening the store at scheduled time, doing and assigning tasks, engaging with customers, achieving sales goals and key product initiatives. I have learned that teamwork is important in that we are all working as a team to meet the needs of the company. Management oversees store to ensure best business practices. My co-workers are my team members. We all contribute to achieve success. The hardest part of my job not being able to control ordering certain products or materials. The most enjoyable part of the job is matching people to a comfortable shoe that will work for them.
Loved working in a growing work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: wages, company values
Cons: i wasn't able to reach my goal of becomming a store manager instead of just an assistant manager
I love working at Skechers for the simple reason that I learned more about running and managing a retail store. I learned my about payroll, scheduling, employee management, and how to operate more then one store at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go back and forth between stores and getting to travel to management skill meetings and meeting with different managers and executives from the company.
worse place to work at
Sales associate/Floor supervisor (Former Employee), second st san bernardino caNovember 5, 2014
this is the worse place i have ever worked at, let me start by saying the managers don't manage there people right they party with all there associates and they are not professional at all. everything is based in favoritism or who the manager likes better, so if you want to get hours then lets hope the manager likes you, the pay is really low and they are really inconsistence, they don't go by the book everybody just makes there own rules specially the managers. they just hire anybody like i mean anybody to be your manager not having any clue on what to do, so the associate ends up teaching the manager pathetic right? oh and they ask you to work off the clock as well.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Bend, WANovember 3, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no health insurance, low pay, unstable hours, limited hours
I enjoy helping customers and putting smiles on their faces. Co-workers are friendly and cooperative. Management is okay, but could be more respectful to both employees and customers. The hardest part of the job is shifting the entire wall for new products. The most enjoyable part of working at Skechers is the customer base.
Skechers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: go management
Cons: no benefits for part-time employers, shorter breaks, less wages.
Since I've work for Skechers in August of 2013, I'm not pleased with how the Part-Time Employers are not able to receive full benefits or is not allowed more hours to work. I get along well with my co-workers but I think the Corporation should be more considerate towards its' employers.
Great place
FLOOR LEADER (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 22, 2014
Great Place to work
Really cares about customers and Employees
Fair and Good Benefits
Great Atmosphere
Sales-Associate (Former Employee), Houston, Texas.October 13, 2014
All the employees got along. At Skechers i was able to develop my skills on selling.
Great Company to Work For
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Commerce, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great discount on product
Cons: can not work more than 25 hours if you are not full-time
Always a fun environment. Sometimes may get a customer or two that are hard to please but other than that definitely enjoy the people I work with and the whole atmosphere. You have to be able to work at a fast pace. Only thing I dont like is at the store I work in the only person who qualifies to work full-time is the Store manager.
Fast paced enviroment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), USASeptember 28, 2014
Both good and bad. Fast paced environment, keeps you busy and active. However, the company is always changing directives and merchandising which can at times be challenging to maintain.
Fun, stressful, poor corporate Managment
Anything they could squeeze out of me (Former Employee), Central ValleySeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great managers and employees(if there still)
Cons: very poor corporate managment
Before I had a applied the rumors through out the mall on skechers is they have a VERY HIGH turn over rate. After I looked past this I applied and slowly was hired. I quickly came to realize the rumors were TRUE!! There were only 9 people including managers working. In a mall like the woodbury commons customer service is priority, but corporate management did not see if that way. They would put stress on their Untrained managers which then came down on us all because of lack of employees. Nobody applies here and many people who work there will detour you from applying just as a saving grace. If this place was beefed up with staff and corporate would get their head out of there butts, it could actually be enjoyable to work. On the other hand they don't pay very well compared to the ever growing stores around it in woodbury. My tip is wait till they figure out what they are doing, but the turn over rate should stop you in your tracks apply else where you will make more and have less stress then what skechers corporate Managment will give you here!
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: nothing
sales associate, being able to be really talkative with customers and co-workers. did fundraisers, the only hardest part of the job would not being able to speak another language
Productive place well organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: dirty enviroment during back to school hectic
A typical day was helping people with shoes . Co workers were well spoken and jobs went by fast . hardest part was pleasing little kids.
Always a productive day and a learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CASeptember 3, 2014
Helping costumer, helping with their needs and always learning new things.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fresno CASeptember 3, 2014
There is always a lot to do and it gets overwhelming sometimes but the management is great at making sure you get help when needed. They are very clear about what their expectations are for the day. All the other employees are very nice and helpful. I love working with customers and helping them find a product that they love. It is hard to get all of my tasks done when the store gets busy, but everyone is really great about helping each other out.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2014
Always ensure that you are shifting for the new product coming in, making sure that everything is followed closely with policy and procedure, strong customer service.
I learned a lot of product knowledge over Skechers shoes, which made my job a lot easier when dealing with customers.
Recently changed the way they order shoes that are not available in the store for the customers that is a lot easier than the old way,
I loved working in skechers
Part time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ElizabethAugust 26, 2014
Pros: team work, nice environment
Cons: work weekends, no paid vacation days, no paid sick days, work with rude customers
I learned a lot I started as a sale associate and worked my way up to an assistant manager. Learned how to to treat customers, how to work with others, how to deal with money, how push product out the door(selling), how to deal with associates if they are not doing whats needed. Management was great learned a lot from my manager If I had a question she was there to answer it.

About Skechers

Skechers' top executive Robert Greenberg knows how to land on his feet. The founder of 1980s icon L.A. Gear heads Skechers USA, – Read more

Skechers Salaries