Skechers Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic workplace
Floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Kittery, MEJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Skecher's because its like a family. You show up and everyone always has a smile on their face. You do your job, while having fun. I started working here in May and have been promoted already. My manager is talking about promoting me to part time assistant manager, and I would love that. I love everything about this job.
unorganized
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
the dm is unorganized and do not know the answers..................
A great place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Work was always busy and had the best managers and co workers. I learned a lot about the store itself.
Not for Everyone
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: product
Cons: operations, visual
The company delivers a fantastic assortment of footwear to consumers. It also possesses a variety of store types that provide a range of services for consumers.

The work environment is chaotic. Rarely are operational decisions tested being rolled out resulting in numerous field problems. Floor sets are executed before getting marketing supplies and sometimes product to support it.
Good place to work with an amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tacoma, WaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts, social interaction
Definitely the most well structured company I have worked for. I basically have to go in every day and sell shoes. I have to promote the product and up-sell as much as possible. When I am not doing that, I am cleaning and stocking. I have had some of my best experiences with management. My boss at my old Skechers in California was very professional. He taught me a lot about being a good sales person and it has really reflected upon my performances, as I have been among the best Associates since I have been with the company. The toughest part of the job is sometimes it's really slow, as I like to be productive. I really enjoy the atmosphere there. They encourage you to have fun and to showcase your interpersonal skills, which are some of my best assets.
Daily duties at Skechers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: great discounts and employees
A normal day: depending if you were the opening or closing manager.
Opening: Opening the store consisted of unlocking the doors and turning off the alarm. Once you were clocked in at your scheduled time, you would count the tills and petty cash, and writing out the planner for the day. All the people that were scheduled for the day get put on the daily planner according to the time they arrive, all the daily numbers and goals are set for the day as well we each are given a section to maintain throughout our shift. whether it is cleaning, filling the area, making displays, or customer service. As a manager you would send people to their breaks at their certain times; run the store as in customer service, register, moving product, visuals. Helping customers is a huge deal for this company, so we would constantly check on customers to make sure they are finding exactly what they were looking for. I was the first assistant in the store I worked in and all the management/ employees under the store manager and myself looked up to us everyday for help on certain situations and we answered all the questions they had.
Hardest part of the job was sometimes the customers. just about everyday the customers wouldn't treat the employees of the store very nicely. so as a manager would you have to do your best to take care of anything that the employee needed with a challenging customer.
Closing manager-
At the end of the night the manager on duty would count the tills and make the bank deposit once the store was closed and all customers were out of the store. after the deposit was made the manager would then go in the back and do the nightly paperwork and then once it is time to leave they would collect all the trash and set the alarm and leave.
I really enjoyed working with the great group of people that were in that store. I had good relationships with everyone I have worked with and still keep in contact with some of them.
Popular shoe store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MODecember 16, 2014
Job was very focused on sales. Learned some marketing skills.
great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 15, 2014
a typical day is light cleaning and organization. you learn to be patience and work fast.management is well organized and always on top of their staff making sure they provide great customer service.the co-workers are friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast pace. the most enjoyable part is the people you meet.
Overall friendly work enviorment
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2014
I learned that sometimes no matter how hard you work, and how much time and dedication you present, you can still be passed over for advancement opportunities by others who sometimes don't even work for the company currently.
growing company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: has insurance
Cons: salary. no training
lack of training and knowledge. insurance is too high. Will hirer and will just put them into a position.
Fun environment, seeing customer satisfaction.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 5, 2014
I loved working for the skechers for the simple enjoyment of seeing happy customers leave and return with family, friends and co-workers.
great
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 21, 2014
a typical day is just talking to customers and learning is how to sale becuase there is alot of other thing that can help you like emails that are send and lot of promotion. the hardest part is working in a walmart because sometime the manager wont work with you and can be difficult to sale if the manager is giving you a hard time
Amazing place to work
Store Mgr (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: every aspect of the company
Cons: n/a
Skechers is an Amazing place to work, Everyday was different.

A fun up-beat place to work. friendly staff and Mgt. customer service is #1 with this company. every aspect that I use Managing my store where I am now, I learned it here. training training training. All aspects of this company are so well rounded and a comfortable casual environment that's a plus.
Calm Job Little stress..
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
Start work at 6 when early shipments come in. Scan items and put products in shelves in order. Label items that had to go back and put in the storefront. Always communicate with other workers. Pulling items up and down the stairs is hard. A steady paycheck makes it easy when it is over.
Sales driven workplace with comfortable shoes.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction, good company.
Cons: part-time positions, inventory availability.
A typical day would include opening the store at scheduled time, doing and assigning tasks, engaging with customers, achieving sales goals and key product initiatives. I have learned that teamwork is important in that we are all working as a team to meet the needs of the company. Management oversees store to ensure best business practices. My co-workers are my team members. We all contribute to achieve success. The hardest part of my job not being able to control ordering certain products or materials. The most enjoyable part of the job is matching people to a comfortable shoe that will work for them.
Loved working in a growing work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: wages, company values
Cons: i wasn't able to reach my goal of becomming a store manager instead of just an assistant manager
I love working at Skechers for the simple reason that I learned more about running and managing a retail store. I learned my about payroll, scheduling, employee management, and how to operate more then one store at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go back and forth between stores and getting to travel to management skill meetings and meeting with different managers and executives from the company.
worse place to work at
Sales associate/Floor supervisor (Former Employee), second st san bernardino caNovember 5, 2014
this is the worse place i have ever worked at, let me start by saying the managers don't manage there people right they party with all there associates and they are not professional at all. everything is based in favoritism or who the manager likes better, so if you want to get hours then lets hope the manager likes you, the pay is really low and they are really inconsistence, they don't go by the book everybody just makes there own rules specially the managers. they just hire anybody like i mean anybody to be your manager not having any clue on what to do, so the associate ends up teaching the manager pathetic right? oh and they ask you to work off the clock as well.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Bend, WANovember 3, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no health insurance, low pay, unstable hours, limited hours
I enjoy helping customers and putting smiles on their faces. Co-workers are friendly and cooperative. Management is okay, but could be more respectful to both employees and customers. The hardest part of the job is shifting the entire wall for new products. The most enjoyable part of working at Skechers is the customer base.
Skechers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: go management
Cons: no benefits for part-time employers, shorter breaks, less wages.
Since I've work for Skechers in August of 2013, I'm not pleased with how the Part-Time Employers are not able to receive full benefits or is not allowed more hours to work. I get along well with my co-workers but I think the Corporation should be more considerate towards its' employers.
Great place
FLOOR LEADER (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 22, 2014
Great Place to work
Really cares about customers and Employees
Fair and Good Benefits