Skechers Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJuly 5, 2015
cheap company doesn't invest in employees and didnt really give you a chance to grow district managers are rude and enjoyed my store but the company is still trying to come back from the shape up lawsuit.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
pay raise
Really good staff and a high level of support and sales drive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 22, 2016
A great stepping-stone for sales related jobs. Learning how to address the customer accordingly and targeting sales to the them.
Pros
Great teamwork and feeling of belonging
Cons
Lots of memorization and fast paced environment.
Fast growing company with career growth potential
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 6, 2015
Skechers is a great place to work and is becoming a leader in the footwear industry. Although the company has been around for 24+ years it is growing extremely fast and is an exciting environment to work in and to further your career. The most enjoyable part of the job is expanding departments and learning/ taking on additional tasks to keep up with demand.

Overall, this is a great company if you are in stores working in the field or working in corporate Manhattan Beach, CA. Personally, I have family on the east coast and am looking to relocate to an east coast office with another mid-large size retailer.
Pros
Great bonus incentives
Cons
Far from popular residences
Great Company, Horrible Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2015
I worked there for almost a year. I loved working with the store manager. However once he started working at two locations, we were left with our two assistant managers who were rude to both employees and customers.Everyone else was nice though but they eventually started to leave to avoid dealing with the assistant managers. I would have stayed if there were nicer people in charge. Also for some reason there were no security cameras in our location which was odd because it is such a huge store. We found empty boxes at least twice a week.
Pros
Shoe discount, great customers, great store manager
Cons
Rude assistant managers, not a lot of hours to work
great environment with energetic coworkers. Most memorable job
Sales Associate/ product specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809May 20, 2016
Overall even though I was there for just a little over a year, it wasn't a hostile and distressing workplace. Managers were always maintaining the floor while keeping good positive relations with employees to create positive atmosphere. As of what i know i didn't have any enemies since i always was always ready to help and listen to simple request from co-workers. Within a year i was highly requested by the managers to potentially be a floor lead if i chose to head towards that route. Myself and only another co-worker were both offered the position amongst all the other sales associates. Our work productivity, ethics and readiness to assist co-workers and maintain the store was noticed. The only challenge of the job that caused me to leave was the need for higher pay to maintain house bills and school payment was a challenge on a minimum wage part-time job. Furthermore, as business excessively slowed down in the mall, taking the floor supervisor job still wouldn't be sufficient to maintain my expenses. If the mall traffic had not slowed down I would have stayed. I'm a kinesthetic person and not so much the type of person who can sit still in one area, like a cubicle, for hours. I need to use my hands and be active. The other job I enjoyed for the quality of work is my 3 year server job; which was active, hands on, customer service interactive, busy work, and quick thinking.
Pros
positive atmosphere, hands-on, always active, co-workers
Cons
slow business
Floor Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 20, 2016
The only reason I gave management a 2 because the Store Manager was lazy but the Assistant Manager was great.

Pay rate for me was good.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 9, 2016
Great place to start your experience in retail.
Loved the shoes.
Very warming staff.
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people while doing your job.
sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2016
lack of communication.most enjoyable part was hourly and comission.management took all the hours and they wouldnt give any to the associates
Pros
k
Cons
k
Good first job
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2016
Mcodnalds is a special place to work especially if its your first job, its a good starting place to get started and to work your way up
sdkjfnsifbgsjgnosghosdfuhosdfihodsifjodsifjods
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I do not wish to answer these questions at this time. Thank you so much for your time.eljwejfnwofjnwoefinewofneoifnweofnoewifofewin
Boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2016
Not much was required at this location. The Beverly Center sees many foreign tourists that love the brand. Most of the time they come in, ask for a few pairs in a size and are on their merry way.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Working for this company was fun at first and very interactive. Over time it became extremely slow and managers would often take out their short comings on employees.
Oppurtunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 7, 2015
Skechers is a great company to build career skills. Skechers recognizes & rewards talent. Skechers constantly builds my work ethic.
Pros
Commision, Work Environment, Networking, Management
Cons
Training
High Paced, High Energy, Great People and Well Rewarding Company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2015
Great opportunities and awesome people.
From the Head of the Company to Directors and the Regional Team.
Everyone from DM to Store Manager and Associates. Doesn't matter what position you go into there is always growth opportunities and the company recognizes their hard working staff. Great Benefits and awesome work environment.

A++++++
Skechers USA Outlet
Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Although the pay is OK, they are very disorganized and tend to cut many more hours than promised. On the contrary, I was able to work with other and understand the concept of keeping customers happy.
Cons
No hours
job summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 18, 2016
customer service
working in a big box warehouse
shipment
charge sends
online orders
paper work for week and month
didnt know how to well balance work and home life some weeks i would work 6 days in a row it was a very unhealthy work environment
Fun place to work at
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 15, 2015
A really good company to work with. Fun place to work at. Provide good benefits. Recommend applying there for others. gives you good teaching method on how to talk to costumers and build trust with them
Good place to work for, poor management
European Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 4, 2015
Great company. Good pay. Management is poor and upper management does not take action when supervisors are not treating team fairly. Hard to move around depending on who your supervisor is.
Great place to start
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 4, 2016
I love my time at Skechers. I've been able to grow into a different kind of manager, to make me more productive and proficient during my tenure. There were some great employees that I was able to train and develop.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Changing Schedules, working through holidays
great place to work for
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 6, 2016
They take care of their employees but it comes with a high workload.
Good hours and better pay then other retail stores. guaranteed lunch is a plus as well.
Pros
nice pay, good training
Cons
high workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.