Skechers Employee Reviews

Great benefits
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 26, 2017
They have great benefits. Health care, vacation time, sick day, personal day and some holidays are time in a half if you work them. Ive worked in shoes before working at skechers and I have wealth of knowledge on the workings and technology goes into it and I know how to recognize the different types and there functions. I went through some serious training when I worked at Nike which benefited me. Skechers has NO training for management your kicked in and its sink or swim. Theres no support from the DM your brushed off to call someone else or figure out the problem on your own. They give you low payroll, along with massive shipments and want the store to be pristine. On a good note if your able to get the payroll, sling shoe, get it to that pristine level and make sales its very rewarding.
Productive and Understanding place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at Skechers was busy. It helped make the day go by really fast. There was always something to do or that needed to be done. I loved that because it kept me on my feet and the day did not feel as if it was dragging on. The customers were very nice and the employees really cared about going the extra mile for the person they were helping.
Pros
It was at a Mall so a lot of food places were nearby.
Cons
Would get out sometimes at 2 or 3 am.
Great atmosphere to work in. Great people.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2017
Everyday is different from the next from handing customers questions or complaints to moving shoes and boxes from one place to another. Everyone is friendly and usually always helpful. Some customers might give you a hard time which is never easy but there are always those great and understanding customers who make going into work all worth it.
Pros
monthly discounts
Cons
hard to handle customers
fun company to work for with immediate interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 19, 2017
As a sales associate I got to interact with customers. I quickly learned that providing a person with great customer service can be rewarding for both parties the customer and the sales associate.
Pros
interaction with people
Growth with the company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 18, 2017
A lot of growth with the company is possible. Good company to work for. Need to fit in and you can have growth with the company. Shoes are actually comfortable. Is a fun company to work for.
Fun and family friendly
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2017
Great product and great company values. Fun environment. Lots of room for growth. Great prices for all types of customers and age ranges. Big focus and selling and customer service
Pros
free shoes for employees
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 15, 2017
A typical day at work consist of me going straight into work and beginning on boxes. Everyone there is extremely nice and friendly. Learned a lot on trying to be patient but overall its a fun environment to be around.
Face to face with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 11, 2017
I enjoyed going to work everyday and trying to sell customers shoes. I would help them pick out the shoes they wanted and if we didn't have their size on the floor i did everything i could to try and find the size they needed.
Pros
Dealing with the customers
great workplace.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 11, 2017
Face paced at times.Generally a great place to wokk. Room for upward mobility. Great work environment and very welcoming. A great place to learn how to run a business.
Pros
great discount
Cons
peak hrs limited breaks
management scared of upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2017
expectations for a minimum wage job are way to high, wanting employees to work overnight even though they did not sign up for that. Horrible place to work at, work ethic of mangers is ridiculous.
simple and easy
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 8, 2017
typical day at work is stocking, organizing, driving unit sales. sometimes things get repetitive at work which is sometimes a negative, but my co workers are great people and the job isn't to difficult.
Pros
great co workers, job difficulty isnt hard
Cons
pay, gets boring
Good work enviroment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work was floating around in between morning shipment, wallpapering the sales floor, straightening displays and apparel, exchanges, customer service, register and some mod duties.

Learned customer service and how to run a store.

Loved the management and atmosphere, cool laid back environment but it was deff fast paced and you had to keep the store up to par.

hardest part of job I would say is moving things around and someone coming in and say your doing it wrong, getting many projects done by short time ( we were a new store, and no one was trained properly till months after opening )

enjoyed meeting and helping different type of people, having projects to do and spending so much but seeing how great it was after finishing!
Pros
Friendly co enviroment, learned lots of work related skills, growth
Cons
part-time, even though i worked fulltime... distance for pay
Good starter job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 6, 2017
Low stress, clean work environment aside from putting on customers shoes, use plenty of sanitizer. Small commission pay decent hours. Customers tend to be easy to deal with.
Productive place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 3, 2017
Steady / Calm place to work at. A lot of customer service. Money handling, Inventory , and stocking. Managed the store made sure everything was flowing well.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
It was the average retail job. Mostly customer service and stocking of items. We had training every so often and halfway through my time there they started selling apparel in addition to shoes.
Fun at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I cleaned bathrooms and assisted customers.
I did inventory and shipment packages.
hardest thing about the job was my manager. I learned a lot about the retail business.
Pros
10 min breaks
Cons
no benefeits
It was great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great experience and you gain great knowledge out of it. You get to meet amazing people and the vibes they have are just great.
skechers
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 18, 2017
One of the best place to start in retail. for the fact that teaches you quite a bit about everything from customer service, operations, and how to jungle 5 different task at one time
Choose a good location
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2017
The job itself is a lot to learn, but once you know the stuff it's very easy. Making commission was very helpful to paychecks but it's very easy for coworkers to steal your sales and the commission on it. There's a lot of room for advancement, however my location had terrible management and if they didn't like you then you had the worst hours and would never stand a chance of being promoted. I was also the lowest paid but most experienced out of all my coworkers, being there for almost two years. Working with such a terrible management put a bad taste in my mouth for Skechers overall, so I'd personally never work there again.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad management, Commission always stolen by managers.
first time job
sales (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 16, 2017
This was my first job! The people I worked with were great and management was very understanding. great place to start out your working career. Loved it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.