SKF Employee Reviews

I like working here
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 8, 2017
great place to work. good management and the benefits are not that bad considering the economy. Also the pay rate is better than most places in the area.
Easy place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Very easy job, lots of walking, bit of lifting. Managers were fun and easy to work with. I loved working here. Hours were great, Had free lunch for making quota, had birthday party's for long time employees, they had a little retirement party for a lady that had been there for 35 years.
Very structured and fair.
Warehouse Manager / Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2016
The things I liked most about SKF was their willingness to invest into employees. We were always very busy, never seemed to have enough time. Management team was great and we all seemed to know what the GOAL was at all times. The hardest part of the job was change. The people were great it was like a family. My favorite thing about my job at SKF was being able to improve many processes.
Pros
Great benifts. Great employee empowerment.
Cons
Change from a family to a huge global company.
Temp work
Windows migration technician (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PASeptember 10, 2016
I was only there temporarily and enjoyed my time there. The people were nice and the company was average. I worked for a temp agency and the pay was low and then they lowered it two weeks in.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
pay rate changed 2 weeks in
Horrible work ethics
Slave (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2016
The North Charleston facility is a joke. Blatant racism and discrimination. Underpaid employees manufacturing expensive bearings. Not the place for people of color. Favoritism at an all time high which leads to low moral. They add all kinds of unnecessary processes to hike the price of the bearings.
Pros
Cons
Racist, underpaid, low moral. Shady management.
Challenging work, good benefits
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIJuly 22, 2015
Good schedule and benefits. Decent pay rate and good training available. Poor communication and very poorly managed company from the top down.
Pros
Good benefits and training
Cons
Poor management and communication, harsh work conditions
Customer Service Lansdale
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAApril 22, 2016
Very understaffed at the amount of work per people, very hard to giff proper service and managers are trained to spin that issue that you have to do more, and turn a blind eye to how much workload is humanly possible. Managers and directors are smiling actors
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
sneaky managers
it was a great place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2015
typical day at work 8 to 10 hr shift I worked for this company for 14 yrs.I started off making injectors for lubrication assembly line to tester later moved to another department where I assemble pump tubes -grease guns assembled everything that pumped grease and oil.went to shipping department worked ups line as a processor picked and packed in warehouse.mamagement and coworkers were great people.
SKF is a great place to work and it has taken me on a journey few have experienced.
Business Excellence Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Torrington CTNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work would start with a walk through the manufacturing and say good mornign to all employees. Then there would be the daily follow up meeting with the management to review the important KPIs. Then there will be a short review of the business development efforts and a deep dive into the the level of service quality to the customers. After that, I will see the production management to ensure stability and ask whether they need support in amy way. Before lunch I would attend to emails after having made sure the operations are running smooth.
After lunch there would be various improvement meetings on a variety of topics such as safety, kaizen, quality, finance etc.
The hardest part of the job is to find time to respond to all demands with correct priority. The most enjoyable part is to experience the business and the organization develop as a result of hard and focused work.
Pros
Having a high degree of freedom, empowerment, and a feeling that management is putting trust in your efforts and judgements
Cons
Juggling all tasks with the correct priority
Great company but horrible leadership
Warranty Technician (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 14, 2014
The opportunities are all there. The jobs are all there. The bit and pieces to create a great working environment are all there. Yet this company views the employee as a number and constantly puts focus on the bottom line above all, which is to be expected but not to the point of denying full time positions to temporary employees for years at a time or forcing early retirement upon senior members of the organization. The glass ceiling is very apparent, and it holds back some of the best potential individuals, resulting in most new hires leaving in the first few years to pursue better.
Diverse company with opportunities for advancement
Sr Cust Service Rep / System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IL - Corporate officeMarch 25, 2012
During my 24 years at SKF, (formerly known as Chicago Rawhide), I was able to take training courses and further my education through SKF, allowing me to advance.
Pros
training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, advancement, excellent benefit package.
Cons
travel
Work and helping employees
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 28, 2015
Learned a lot about people and different cultures, different cases every day. Hardest part was to please all management, but enjoyed and loved the challenge.
Had ups and downs
Lead Press Mold (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KSOctober 26, 2015
This company was a good place. they treated the employees right. Very understanding, pay wasn't bad for the work load, family/ friend work environment.
Pros
Get to do alot of diffrent things and move up quick.
Cons
Forced overtime sometime no days off
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of veiw.
Condition Monitoring Engineer (Current Employee) –  INNovember 12, 2014
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of view.i learn lots from here.i advised to fresh engineers to join this company for make their future better. you will find good opportunities in your career.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
SKF is a great company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 11, 2013
They offer great health and dental bennefits. Great vacation and any overtime you would like to have.
Pros
great team work, and great management
It's a good company
Director of Technical Services - China (Former Employee) –  ChinaFebruary 16, 2015
SKF has a good management team at the corporate level but doesn't integrate acquisitions well. Co-workers were resistant to change in China.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Vision and Strategy is inconsistent across the corporation.
A good company but management left a little to be desired
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PADecember 20, 2013
I was never quite sure what I needed to do in this position to really succeed. Everything would seemingly go well, then there would be a management review and a lot of criticism would come out.
A long drive to work
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJanuary 8, 2013
A work day at SKF was first finding out what station you were going to work at that day. Second learning the new station in within that day. I pretty much learned the job fast. Their were some good supervisor and bad ones. I like working with co-workers they help time fly by. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after job was completed. The best part of the job was the long ride home.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
distance to job site
Decent environment
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 25, 2014
Easy work, somewhat monotonous, same thing day after day.
Good management. Employees vary
Pros
Weekends off and good pay
Cons
Lack of training, people dont listen, first shift gets every good order.
Great Company
Staffmark Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Park, KYJune 4, 2012
Great company, not the best pay unless you have worked there for years. Hours are great! Chances of advancement seem to be slim.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SKF. Our community is ready to answer.