SKF Employee Reviews

Toxic
tool die maker (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Very poor management at branch level. You are a target if you whistleblow. Management needs better controlled by upper management. Very hard to move up from within. No confidentiality. Also lots of favoritism. Depending who you are depends on what you can do and how management treats you. Back stabbing atmoshphere and you walk on egg shells. You are not coached or assisted. Manager will not tell you that you made mistakes he will write them down then when he gets several he will call you to office tell you what you did and write you up. Very poor leadership.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no leadership, management weak, co-workers back stab you
work enverment
Warehouse Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  salt lake city utahFebruary 7, 2018
Good benefits but very cutthroat with poor leadership and a lot of Drama. seem like if you wasn't one of the favorites no matter how many years you was there you would be pushed out the door. other than Benefits not much good I can say other than a lot of overtime.
benefits
Cons
management
Factory job
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Spent first part of the contract working on the assembly line, which was not part of the job description. Safety wasn't really addressed, the heat treatment area wasn't contained and the equipment was old and we were expected to fix something we knew nothing about, with instructions in Swedish.
Work Place Was fun
Machine Operator/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 22, 2018
it was nice to work there everyone was nice and caring, I learned a lot working there. the managers were great and so was the employees we also had fun while we were working
Amazing Company
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Great company to work for! They provide great hours with a relaxed management style. All managers are very helpful and encouraging instead of always down your throat. Excellent benefits with plenty of PTO, plus they offer pension still.
No Loyalty or Respect for Employees
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Hobart, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Let me first say that not everything was bad.
Good insurance and pay was above average for the area.
However, management were cutthroat with each other translating to a stressful environment for the workforce.
Senior employees were mostly denied advancement.
We were just numbers to be dealt with at whim.
Pros
Insurance, payscale
Good workplace
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, OklahomaJanuary 10, 2018
Career level manufacturing jobs, with little advancement opportunity.
They take good care of their employees, and have great healthcare options. Better than most manufacturing facilities.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Some excessive overtime
Global and Local - An Interesting Mix
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Prior to 2011, our company was known as Lincoln Industrial - a locally-owned and managed lubrication systems company. SKF - a Sweden-based bearing systems company, was looking to complement their portfolio with lubrication products, and purchased Lincoln in 2011.

Integrating the practices and culture of a European-based company into one that had been "blue collar Americana" for 100 years was quite an undertaking, and in some areas, there is still occasional culture-clash. (Policies that work for European entities do not always make sense for the US, different corporate culture, selling practices, etc. - sometimes it's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.)

Overall I feel there is a good work environment here, everyone seems very supportive and helpful. The facility is very nice, just built in 2015, and has lots of open space and natural light.
Pros
Outstanding benefits for full-time employees, nice new facility
Cons
Very close to airport, can get a bit noisy, not a lot of extra parking
Great place to work!
Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 2, 2018
I interned at SKF at the Hanover, PA plant for 2 summers. I loved pretty much everyone I worked with. The management team was great, and always willing to do what they could for me if I had a question or concern. The guys on the floor were also excellent for the most part. I established good relationships with both the guys on the floor and in the office. It was a great place to work, and the pay if great too.
Pros
Good management, Large company, Good pay
Cons
Benifits could be better
Good company but...
Reliability Services (Current Employee) –  AfricaDecember 26, 2017
Good company to work with, high level of engineering and very good products. However it'snot true everywhere, it's highly depends on the product line and the location.
Pros
Products, technical level
Cons
Depends on location and areas.
too long to remember
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 14, 2017
I have not been here in almost 10 years and don't know how it is now. It would not be fair for me to evaluate a company that could have changed over the years
Great culture, great people
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2017
A really great place to work. A strong emphasis on continued improvement and lean manufacturing. Great benefits! I don't really have anything bad to say about my time at SKF.
Pros
Great people
SKF is a very secure place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 30, 2017
Great training programs. Nice work environment. Very professional atmosphere. Excellent opportunities to work with the community.
Assisted the controller, payroll, human resources, training. Team leader for sustainability. On the safety committee.
Pros
Secutity
Cons
Very large company, hard to change processes.
SKF Salt Lake City
Human Resources / Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2017
SKF in Salt Lake City is a manufacturer of hydraulic seals for heavy equipment. They offer a competitive wage for staff positions, and excellent benefits including high number of PTO days, low cost contributions for health and dental. On the downside, the Salt Lake City location reports into the Austria location for manufacturing, and Philadelphia for sales. So there can be communication challenges for coordinating activities.
Pros
High number of PTO days, low cost contributions for health and dental
Cons
Long hours, slow communication
Challenging
Quality Control Supervisor for the Automotive Div. (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA; Crossville, TN; Glasgow, KYNovember 6, 2017
It is the automotive business. Feast and famine. Comprehensive plans for each product to insure 100% quality to the customer. If something was the object of a complaint it was then required to do a complete cause and corrective actions report almost immediately.
Also immediately activated were our containment protocol. Occasionally intense. I loved it.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pressure
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 25, 2017
Depending on which division and manager you work for is whether you like your job position or not. Overall this is a good place to
work. They have great benefits but, a terrible Human Resource department.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible HR department
busy and fast paced
Food prep, baked, made sandwiches (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 17, 2017
This was a Ford project that had inspection on hubs for ford f-150 trucks, parts came in from Mexico and Spain and had to be inspected and shipped back to ford plants in the united states. Great job I wish it wasn't temporary.
It was a great place until they moved to Mexico.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hobart, OKOctober 11, 2017
Fast paced productive environment with constant changes and new processes. Our day was full of checks , measurements, and audits. We had to prioritize our duties and manage our time well. Management was always helpful and supportive in making sure we had the tools and materials to do our work accurately and efficiently. This plant was a world class production facility that expected the highest quality product. The hardest part for my department was staying on top of all of the quality checks and implementing new procedures and policies at the same time. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with and the sense of family that was created in our department.
Pros
Great benefits and pay for this area.
Cons
Hours were sometimes very long but we were paid well for it.
A Company I wished I had never left.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GA 30542October 2, 2017
I made a gross mistake and left for a few dollars more. I would give anything to take that back.
This is the best Company I have every worked for. The people are the best, the Management are the best, it was like a big family here.
Great benefits, no hassle work day, great food and actually friends made over lunch.
This is where you need to get on if you get a chance.
Pros
Cons
It is oily and you do smell like oil at the end of shift
A great company to work for and to get the opportunity to excel in your job , if you work hard .
District Sales & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAOctober 1, 2017
Working for SKF for 35 years was very stressful ; however , due to me being a workaholic and doing well , it was very rewarding . I loved the traveling in 8 states with very enjoyable customer base .

The majority of our management was very straight and forward and they usually listened to what I had to say .

The consumer base were tough sometimes ; but , after I made my point they usually rewarded me with orders or services .
Pros
A lot of traveling .
Cons
Usually 60 to 70 hours per week that includes home computer work to do the job right .