Skidmore College Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 17, 2017
I had a great time working at Skidmore College. My coworkers there were very nice and helped me develop as a person. I learned many valuable skills. The owners are great.
great place to work but was only a part time job that I held while I was a student at the College
Captain, Men's golf team (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 11, 2017
Skidmore College was a great place to work with a great work culture and great management but was only a temporary job during winter and summer breaks from classes.
Pros
great people to work with and work for, Enjoyed meeting and talking to a lot of new people about their interest in attending the college
Cons
temporary/seasonal job
My Skidmore Review
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 9, 2017
housekeeping at skid more college was pretty nice day to day each day went and cleaned for 8 hours an area assigned to you, so every day you would clean as much as possible so the next day after the area was used you could clean it back to *normal*. The atmosphere was younger college students so nothing to scary around. Most employees where nice to work with and you get to know each other as you spend 5 days a week 8 hours a day with them. I also believe that the pay and benefits are fair for the amount of work that is asked. I would recommend to a friend.
Great place strict managment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 9, 2017
Some managment is good some is bad its depneds what shift
Over nights sucks and kevin can suck di*k other than that ots a cool place too work depends on where you get put
Pros
Pay
Cons
Some shifts overnight
Well organized management
German Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 31, 2017
I had very little face to face communication with a lot of my supervisors but they had great communication through email. I learned a lot about organization and playing to peoples strengths while remaining patient about weaknesses.
Pros
Good learning experiences
Cons
Beautiful Campus and wonderful faculty and students
Office Coordinator to Department of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 16, 2017
This takes me back a bit but I would unlock my office and see if any of the professors asked me to make copies or create spreadsheets today or if I needed to prepare a room for video, then the students would arrive asking for professors and I kept schedules for all 12 of them for Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work.
I handled the department's accounts receivable/payable, renew many subscriptions for professors, ordered office supplies and equipment and made changes to catalog within the department concerning classes. I would arrange travel for professors and or student trips and then the daily copies, faxes, and working on both PC and Mac platforms to accommodate all professors and students. I was fortunate to have the IT department teach me anything new I needed to know and then some, I also enrolled in courses myself to learn how to update the department website. Take a walk across campus to collect the mail then distribute.
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Some professors were more needy than others
Comfortable and exciting work atmosphere
Research Designer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 10, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job: many opportunities for advancement. State of the art equipment and technology. Great coworker relationships, which improves work environment.
Great Management
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 14, 2017
It was always a busy day when working at Skidmore College. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees everyday and never really having downtime
It was a great school that helped me obtain many skills
Skidmore Crew Team (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 8, 2017
During my time at Skidmore I developed stronger communication skills and an incredible work ethic. I became a self advocate as well allowing me to achieve an overall gap of 3.84.
A great place to work and learn!
Contributing Writer / Communications Dept. (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 7, 2017
Great school, provided a ton of opportunities for my own career growth. There were also numerous employment oppourtunities which I garnered there. I would highly recommend this institution.
It was a fun job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2017
This was just a summer position but it had potential to become a full time job. The pay was good and I really had a fun time working. The work it self wasn't that hard just cleaning.
Pros
It was fun
Cons
Didn't last long
I loved working at Skidmore College.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2017
Throughout my time at Skidmore, I worked in many different positions at the college. This allowed me to gain various skills and experiences. The staff was very kind and welcoming.
Offered a great education
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 23, 2017
Skidmore College is a great higher learning institution for anybody interested in a liberal arts education. I am now equipped with the skills and work ethic to attend professional school or enter the workforce.
Great job for on campus living.
Student Supervisor, Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 22, 2017
Great opportunity for a student who is already living on campus and wants to get some extra money. Chefs were great to work with, as well as the other students.
caring, organized, professional
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 14, 2017
Organized, neat and professional atmosphere. The faculty and staff are welcoming in nature and strive to promote success. I am honored to have worked with such a lovely group of individuals over the years.
great school
Business coach (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 4, 2017
great school that offers amazing and countless opportunities i had a great experience and time while at skidmore college adn would reccomend it to anyone
Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2017
I have help a wide range of jobs at Skidmore, including working as a Physics lab assistant, Mathematics Grader, private and group tutor, and dining hall supervisor.
An OK 2 week summer position
Summer Reunion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Your duties for this job are menial and resemble what most people would consider "grunt work." Although being able to help run Alumni Weekend is fun and meeting new people is exciting, the people running the show are rude to employees and don't give direction appropriately.
Pros
Meet new people, drive a golf cart
Cons
Dead end job, not allowed to accept tips, rude superiors
could be a good place to work
E-Tech (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 18, 2016
One bad manager can make a good crew a bad one. Their management is horrible. They employess were good to work with and i enjoyed working there.
fun
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 6, 2016
great time and place to work and meet friends. typical work day was planned as you please... this section is not applicable at all this is simply to make it accept the word count.
Pros
good work space