Skidmore College Employee Reviews in United States

fun
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 6, 2016
great time and place to work and meet friends. typical work day was planned as you please... this section is not applicable at all this is simply to make it accept the word count.
Pros
good work space
Cons
could be a good place to work
E-Tech (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 18, 2016
One bad manager can make a good crew a bad one. Their management is horrible. They employess were good to work with and i enjoyed working there.
Summer culinary camp counselor at Skidmore College
Culinary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 1, 2015
An enjoyable summer job working with passionate children in a very nice facility. The camp consisted of a 6 week course which students could choose to do all 6 weeks or just one. Every week was had a different theme for a menu.
Great opportunity to lean team building, management & mentorship
Lead Student Researcher & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga SpringsAugust 11, 2015
Co-taught interdisciplinary seminar (Plagues & Humans) designed to encourage higher interdisciplinary thinking in first-year students.
Exciting and Stable place to work
Assistant Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Skidmore has been a wonderful place to work, the community environment and caring and attentive staff have been an amazing experience and career builder. With a multitude of events and varying rates of intensity the college community offers a vast majority of experiences and differing challenges and personal requirements.
Skidmore is a challenging environment to make in with staff and students alike.
Office Coordinator Media Services (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Skidmore involves managing student workers and interacting with both staff and students. I learned that media in college is very different than media in the public realm. I would have to "rate" both management and co-workers as average. The hardest part of the job is a lack of consistency emanating from the top down. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students.
Pros
relaxed and learning atmosphere.
Cons
working with faculty who think they are "above the law."
Backwards but take care of you
Campus Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 16, 2015
Many of the policies and procedures are backwards. Administration wants everyone taken care of but doesn't give all of the tools to do such, instead, takes care of the students in their eyes giving them money to do this that and the other.
Research-related experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 15, 2014
From my perspective, an individual would need great attention to details, organization skills, and patient to appropriately implement research-related objectives. Conducting per component of the research effectively would be the hardest part of laboratory-research related work. However, successful outcome of any positive work is always rewarding.
acdemic
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Students care about their grades and actively involve in students' activities.
Relaxed and friendly working environment
Skidmore Admissions Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 18, 2012
I interviewed prospective students and answered any questions they had about Skidmore by highlighting my own personal experiences. I completed write-ups on my own time and then put them in the filing tray where they were to be entered into the admissions database. I learned how to be more professional and how to evaluate prospective students through my training and by shadowing other admissions counselors. I felt very comfortable working at the Skidmore Admissions office surrounded by extremely warm and kind people, who I became quite close to. The hardest aspect of my job was not being able to answer a particular question from a prospective student. I referred them to other admissions counselors or asked the admissions tour guides for answers. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was completing write-ups for the prospective students I interviewed. I enjoy writing, so it was rewarding to be able to describe the academic and personal experiences of prospective students while at the same time providing my own recommendation whether to admit them or not.
Pros
relaxing atmosphere, able to complete write-ups on my own time
great
❸ Student teacher (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs nyDecember 11, 2014
It was a great workplace. Friendly hard working people all around
Productive work environment
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 3, 2014
I assisted the students with making appointments with the counselors. I emailed students with job and internship opportunities that i found. This job taught me efficiency, and improved my computer skills as well.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 28, 2014
A typical day of work was full of events. Including, but not limited to, arts and crafts, outdoor activities, and science projects. Co-workers and directors are fun and easy to work with. Hardest part of the job is keeping the energy up for all the children (and no nap time!).
Deals with conflicting interests of faculty staff and facilities/dining employees common to higher education
Assistant Director Benefits and Labor Relations (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 21, 2013
Extremely resistant to change
low wages
Pleasant work environment although some offices need updating
Pros
campus environment vacation holidays
Cons
resistant to change
A good place to work
Skidmore College Physics Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 6, 2014
Although I just interned there, the work environment was very stimulating and fun. The people are very knowledgable and helpful and are willing to help
Productive, great working environment, amazing staff and management
REUNION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs, new yorkAugust 17, 2012
-cleaning