Skidmore College Employee Reviews

Great Management
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 14, 2017
It was always a busy day when working at Skidmore College. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees everyday and never really having downtime
It was a great school that helped me obtain many skills
Skidmore Crew Team (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 8, 2017
During my time at Skidmore I developed stronger communication skills and an incredible work ethic. I became a self advocate as well allowing me to achieve an overall gap of 3.84.
A great place to work and learn!
Contributing Writer / Communications Dept. (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 7, 2017
Great school, provided a ton of opportunities for my own career growth. There were also numerous employment oppourtunities which I garnered there. I would highly recommend this institution.
It was a fun job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2017
This was just a summer position but it had potential to become a full time job. The pay was good and I really had a fun time working. The work it self wasn't that hard just cleaning.
Pros
It was fun
Cons
Didn't last long
I loved working at Skidmore College.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2017
Throughout my time at Skidmore, I worked in many different positions at the college. This allowed me to gain various skills and experiences. The staff was very kind and welcoming.
Offered a great education
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 23, 2017
Skidmore College is a great higher learning institution for anybody interested in a liberal arts education. I am now equipped with the skills and work ethic to attend professional school or enter the workforce.
Great job for on campus living.
Student Supervisor, Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 22, 2017
Great opportunity for a student who is already living on campus and wants to get some extra money. Chefs were great to work with, as well as the other students.
caring, organized, professional
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 14, 2017
Organized, neat and professional atmosphere. The faculty and staff are welcoming in nature and strive to promote success. I am honored to have worked with such a lovely group of individuals over the years.
great school
Business coach (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 4, 2017
great school that offers amazing and countless opportunities i had a great experience and time while at skidmore college adn would reccomend it to anyone
Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2017
I have help a wide range of jobs at Skidmore, including working as a Physics lab assistant, Mathematics Grader, private and group tutor, and dining hall supervisor.
An OK 2 week summer position
Summer Reunion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Your duties for this job are menial and resemble what most people would consider "grunt work." Although being able to help run Alumni Weekend is fun and meeting new people is exciting, the people running the show are rude to employees and don't give direction appropriately.
Pros
Meet new people, drive a golf cart
Cons
Dead end job, not allowed to accept tips, rude superiors
could be a good place to work
E-Tech (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 18, 2016
One bad manager can make a good crew a bad one. Their management is horrible. They employess were good to work with and i enjoyed working there.
fun
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 6, 2016
great time and place to work and meet friends. typical work day was planned as you please... this section is not applicable at all this is simply to make it accept the word count.
Pros
good work space
Summer culinary camp counselor at Skidmore College
Culinary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 1, 2015
An enjoyable summer job working with passionate children in a very nice facility. The camp consisted of a 6 week course which students could choose to do all 6 weeks or just one. Every week was had a different theme for a menu.
Great opportunity to lean team building, management & mentorship
Lead Student Researcher & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga SpringsAugust 11, 2015
Co-taught interdisciplinary seminar (Plagues & Humans) designed to encourage higher interdisciplinary thinking in first-year students.
Backwards but take care of you
Campus Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 16, 2015
Many of the policies and procedures are backwards. Administration wants everyone taken care of but doesn't give all of the tools to do such, instead, takes care of the students in their eyes giving them money to do this that and the other.
Exciting and Stable place to work
Assistant Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Skidmore has been a wonderful place to work, the community environment and caring and attentive staff have been an amazing experience and career builder. With a multitude of events and varying rates of intensity the college community offers a vast majority of experiences and differing challenges and personal requirements.
acdemic
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Students care about their grades and actively involve in students' activities.
great
❸ Student teacher (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs nyDecember 11, 2014
It was a great workplace. Friendly hard working people all around
Productive work environment
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 3, 2014
I assisted the students with making appointments with the counselors. I emailed students with job and internship opportunities that i found. This job taught me efficiency, and improved my computer skills as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skidmore College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4