Skidmore College Employee Review

View all Skidmore College reviews

Relaxed and friendly working environment
Skidmore Admissions Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 18, 2012
I interviewed prospective students and answered any questions they had about Skidmore by highlighting my own personal experiences. I completed write-ups on my own time and then put them in the filing tray where they were to be entered into the admissions database. I learned how to be more professional and how to evaluate prospective students through my training and by shadowing other admissions counselors. I felt very comfortable working at the Skidmore Admissions office surrounded by extremely warm and kind people, who I became quite close to. The hardest aspect of my job was not being able to answer a particular question from a prospective student. I referred them to other admissions counselors or asked the admissions tour guides for answers. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was completing write-ups for the prospective students I interviewed. I enjoy writing, so it was rewarding to be able to describe the academic and personal experiences of prospective students while at the same time providing my own recommendation whether to admit them or not.
Pros
relaxing atmosphere, able to complete write-ups on my own time

Other Skidmore College Employee Reviews

Great Job
Peer Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Working as a peer academic was great. I was able to help my peers with their issues relating to my subject but also was able to help with broader issues.
Great while in college
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Skidmore was a great college to work for. They did their best to make sure that all employees were happy and well informed. They scheduled employees fairly. Each employee went through various trainings to make sure that they were educated and professional.