Skiff Medical Center

Skiff Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Nice co-workers but poor teamwork!
Stock Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJune 29, 2016
I work hard, do not get breaks except for lunch. I often have more work than be completed in one day and get asked to do more without getting help. I get paid very poorly, not getting to save anything, live paycheck by paycheck. Management does not listen to complaints and tell you just what you they think you want to hear. My position does not offer any advancement opportunities. I do love working with others outside of my department!
Small community hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJuly 6, 2014
typical day at work starts out getting reports of your patent you were assigned and group with your nurse who also was assigned the same patients to get more detailed report. After reports id start the vitals and then chart them into the computer and from there I go by answering call lights taking patients to the bathroom and reporting pain or other uncomfortable feeling the patients are feeling.
I worked over nights so I didn't work much with management
The hardest part of my job was the 12 hour shifts.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the thought of how much I am helping people
Pros
great job oppertuinty
Cons
short staffed
Fun place t work
Supervisor PT satellite clinics (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 21, 2014
Evaluate and treat patients with wide varieties of dx's and age ranges, day to day operation of department. I learned that every day is unique and every individual is, also. Co-workers are all around good people. Hardest part of the day remains the ever present evil of paper work. Most enjoyable part of the day, remains patient care., day,
Pros
patients
Cons
paper work
fun work place just to hot
any, cleanig,housekeeping, (Former Employee) –  Newton, IASeptember 13, 2013
press men's dress shirts, up 56 a day. lay 450 flat bar towels for Grinnell College, mangle linen for 1an12 hours, clean office, vacuum, Run the Business when owner is on vacation. hardest part of job is the heat. coworkers are awesome friends. Mondays missing my coworkers over the weekend.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
missing my ex work friends
Medical/Healthcare/Surgery
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 25, 2014
Skiff places high priority on making employees feel like a part of a large extended family. My specific department has a staff shortage, but also has a varied schedule. One week we might work overtime and the next we are sent home early due to low census.
local hospital
Cna (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 10, 2014
i worked over night my co workers were great at pitching and helping out the hardest part was always being under staffed and being very busy i enjoy what i do as a cna
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAApril 21, 2014
Great staff
Great staff to patient ratio
Up to date medical equipment

Want to know more about Skiff Medical Center?

Ask a question