Skill Sprout

Skill Sprout Employer Reviews

Exciting to be part of a growing company
Staff (Current Employee), IllinoisNovember 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Skill Sprout and the daily tasks and projects I am assigned to. The staff and directors are very easy to speak to, and I find that I get along with everyone very well. My management is consistent, they expect great results, but have been easy to work with and communicate to if there is an issue.
Great company thats working for a great cause!!!
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, potlucks
Skill Sprout is a great company to work for. The company is based around helping others, so I was grateful for the opportunity to join the team. Everyone I've worked with has been very friendly and accommodating. My transition here was very smooth and everyone made me feel right at home from day 1. I've been educated by the staff to learn a lot more about autism that I ever knew before. This has made working here much more comforting, knowing that even though I don't work directly with clients, helping the employees have everything run smoothly helps them stay focused on helping the children. My position has allowed me to travel to Skill Sprout's offices throughout Illinois to help with a variety of things. I can actually say that I love to come to work, because I know I am helping others make a huge impact on others lives.
Great place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee), Normal, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: supportive staff, cares about clients
I have enjoyed my job from day one, even in the stressful days, because I knew that I had great support from my coworkers. A lot of changes happen due to it being a younger company but we all work together to make the transitions as easy as we can. Ultimately, it is a great place and I admire the clinicians and the care they take with each client to make sure each client is getting what they need.
Flexible and Motivating
Lead Line Therapist (Current Employee), Normal, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: traveling opportunities, outreach, clients, co- workers, compensation
Cons: growing pains
Skill Sprout, while a new company, has been a great career facility for me. I joined Skill Sprout as a part time employee and was quickly hired to be full time. Skill Sprout notices, encourages, and provides many opportunities for growth within all the job titles they offer. Skill Sprout offers competitive pay and motivating opportunities to grow yourself professionally as well as personally. Skill Sprout is a great work environment with a lot of flexibility. This makes home life great for all of us who work at Skill Sprout.

Skill Sprout is an amazing company who is helping raising Autism Awareness by growing clients with Autism academically and with life skills. Skill Sprout has well trained, equipped, Board Certified staff to teach and provide incredible programming.

It is such a joy to be a part of a place that wants to better children with disabilities mental or physical!
Lots of opportunity
Employee (Current Employee), Washington, IL, USANovember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: can't think of any
I've worked here for almost three years now and I absolutely love it. There are so many opportunities for growth especially if you long term want to be with a company that is making a difference in the lives of so many children. People who have license/certification are able to work their way up fast and advance especially if they have leadership skills. I've loved being a part of this place and here it truly is a career -- it's not a boring job that you go to everyday. I love coming to work here.
Staff are rude
ABA Line Therapist (Former Employee), Washington, ILMay 9, 2014
The clients are really awesome. The staff are not as awesome. A bit snarky.
Training & Employee Protection Lacking
BCaBA (Former Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, clients, pay
Cons: job protection, lack of training, hours
While the clients, families, and co-workers are amazing to work with, this company is very unorganized. While interviewing, it is important to ask lots of questions if they offer full-time. They will often promise full-time, but do not bet on consistency with hours. If you don't meet your full-time status over the 90 day probationary period, you will not get your benefits, even if you requested more work and were not given any. And know that you can be fired at any time for no reason. There is little employee protection.

Training is also lacking. Do not be surprised if you are placed in the job and asked to perform at a certain expectation, with little or no training.
Awesome Internship Opportunity!!
Internship (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJune 27, 2013
Pros: great learning opportunities, friendly staff, flexibility
I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of my summer internship with Skill Sprout! They facilitate a wide variety of learning opportunities and provide interns with lots of valuable experience. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. Working for Skill Sprout has been an awesome internship opportunity!
Wonderful Place to Work!
Consultant (Current Employee), SpringfieldMay 1, 2013
Pros: great pay and hours!
I have worked with Skill Sprout for over 1 year, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. The management is kind and very supportive! The HR dept is very accommodating, and the co-workers are lots of fun! I'd highly recommend this company to anyone!!
Great place for dedicated workers!
Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, ILApril 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility, supportive team, progressive and innovative, full- and part-time positions
I have truly enjoyed my time at Skill Sprout. As the company has grown they have made many transitions and improvements, providing quality care for both their clients and staff. I feel that we have a solid team approach and an overall willingness to help and learn from each other as we all contribute to our main goal: helping families with specific needs. Skill Sprout has helped me advance from line therapist to consultant. They were understanding and flexible with me during my maternity leave and continue to offer support for my new family. I look forward to continuing my career with Skill Sprout!
Passion for Student Growth
Pre-Kindergarten Instructor (Current Employee), IllinoisApril 9, 2013
I have worked for Skill Sprout for 3 months and love every day of teaching! The HR department is extremely welcoming and quick to answer all of my questions. My Academy co-workers are highly passionate about seeing growth in student performance. Management is encouraging towards employees and dedicated to producing the best quality program for clients.
Flexible and fun job with incredible staff
Line Therapist (Current Employee), Normal, ILApril 3, 2013
I absolutely LOVE working for this company. Staff is very friendly and wants to get to know you. I feel very comfortable asking questions and being myself around everyone I work with. As a line therapist, they are very flexible with my busy schedule and help me out when needed. I am told on a daily basis how much they appreciate me and what I do. Staff meetings are fun and interesting. I have learned so much relating to my degree and feel like I have an advantage over other students in my major because of working at Skill Sprout. I would definitely recommend Skill Sprout to anyone and everyone in my community!
Great Chicagoland Team
Consultant (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 3, 2013
I have been working with Skill Sprout for 2 years, and have found my experience to be very positive. The team in the Chicagoland area is knowledgeable and supportive, and truly makes my day to day work experience a pleasure. The level of care that each therapist puts into providing services to our clients and families is immeasurable.
Great team of co-workers!
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Normal, ILApril 3, 2013
I work in one of Skill Sprouts newer locations. Everyday is new and keeps getting busier! The client load is building and families are getting the services they need. I don't work directly with children but even outside of therapy I have seen how the kids are progressing and reaching their goals, which is fun to see!
We have a great team of office staff and therapists that all work together to serve our clients. It's a great place to work!
Meeting the Family's Educational Needs
Academy Instructor (Current Employee), Central IllinoisApril 3, 2013
Pros: independence in teaching, growing with the children and their families, constantly learning new techniques
I have worked for Skill Sprout for almost 2 years in the Academy. I have had the wonderful experience of working with great families and children. I have the chance to impact the child's education in a positive way that leads to his/her educational growth and confidence. I have worked with several children's teachers to help the children reach their goals. I work with a very supportive, knowledgeable, and flexible staff. I feel we have a very strong team with a population of clients that is progressively growing and reaching their goals.
Outstanding Growth Opportunity with An Innovative Provider
Clinical Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 3, 2013
Pros: professional growth opportunities, family-friendly schedule, financially viable yet also community-minded for-profit company, progressive and inclusive, parents feel supported, located close to home in safe neighborhoods, minimal travel
Cons: relatively young company experiencing exponential growth over an incredibly short period of time
I have worked for Skill Sprout for approximately nine months, and I absolutely LOVE my job. In over 20 years of working in social services, I have never worked with such a dedicated, smart group of professionals. Yes, we have high expectations of one another, as do our clients, and that is partly what sets us apart. This company is providing critically needed services to amazing families, and I can honestly say that it is truly a privilege to be associated with Skill Sprout. Last spring, I set out to make some changes, career-wise, because my motto is "Stick with the winners" and the company where I was previously working was undergoing tremendous change (not for the better). I began searching via indeed.com, and I interviewed at a number of companies, and no place felt right until I found Skill Sprout. We have spirited, bright, dedicated therapists and educators, and our company provides some of the most effective, evidence-based methods for serving families with children with special needs. What's not to love?! I believe in what we do -- and so will you. Come grow with us!
Rewarding, Fulfilling Jo
Lead Line Therapist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 2, 2013
Pros: working with children, flexibility
Cons: changes within the company, occasional driving
With such a young company, Skill Sprout has a lot going for it. The staff that I work with is extremely helpful and can direct you to the person with the right answer. The BCBA's truly care about each client, and want to see them grow. Every day is something new, and it is great to not have the routine of a day to day job. With every job, there are some hard days, but seeing individuals grow is the most rewarding part of my day. If you are looking to grow within a company as well as flexibility, Skill Sprout is a great place to work.
Stay Far Away
BCBA (Former Employee), Central IllinoisMarch 22, 2013
This company has a lot of good ideas, but lacks solid leadership to accomplish its goals. The staff at the home office are rude and unprofessional, the "academy" is ran extremely poorly, and staff morale is low everywhere. Stay far away.
My experience
Line Therapist (Current Employee), Springfield, IL, USAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: working with kids
Cons: lots of change, but that's expected with young company
I have been working for Skill Sprout for quite some time now and I think they are a great company to work for and grow with. The company is young so they are still figuring out some of the best ways to do things, but this job is so rewarding. Working with children with autism and seeing them master their programs is awesome. I would definitely recommend working here if you are searching for a place where you can start part-time and eventually grow into a leadership role.
Working for Skill Sprout has been very rewarding!
Line Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisMarch 20, 2013
Pros: the team like work environment.
Cons: would like a clinic location but i hear we are getting one soon.
I absolutely love working for Skill Sprout! It has been very rewarding watching the company grow and knowing we are making an impact on these kids lives!

About Skill Sprout

Skill Sprout is here to provide educational, behavioral, and rehabilitative services and supports to individuals and families – Read more