Skill Sprout Employee Reviews in United States

Not A Good Career Choice
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2016
Skill Sprout should not be thought of as a place to build a career. If you don't have a job and need a paycheck until the next job comes along then by all means take the money. The children are great to work with but the company's ownership is a disaster. Basic resources that are found at other ABA companies are lacking and staff morale is terrible. The kids are the ones who end up suffering the most as the quality of their services decline.

It is a running joke that employees are regularly asked to post positive reviews to make the company look better because so many people get fed up and leave. The staff in the Chicago area are great to work with but most don't stay long. The few good leaders the company had quit or got pushed out.

The hours are terrible for part-time staff and employee benefits are lacking. We can't even get the direct deposit that has been promised for years. Employees are forced to use the few PTO hours they accrue so that the company can shutdown to save money. The employees always come last in every situation.

Avoid Skill Sprout unless you just need a temporary job where you can spend time working with great kids.
Pros
Kids and families
Cons
Owner, benefits, morale, lack of resources and proper training.
Be careful
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 8, 2015
I have been with this company for two years and all I see is lack of organization and an operational team with not clue. There have been lots of cuts in departments and staff recently and these employees were given no notice. Your job is not secure with this company. There is also a lack of benefits even for full time employees. The staff morale is very low in every office and several employees are openly looking for new jobs. Skill Sprout is based on a good premise, but its organizational structure and the way the company is ran is poor to say the least.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
no benefits, lack of employee protection, lack of organization, HR, operations, no supplies, not compensated well for gass, lots of driving, poor training model, CEO
Growing Company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2016
Company is going through some growing pains but overall is good to work at. I love my co-workers and the clients. Changes in policies have been frustrating at times but overall ok.
Pros
Co-Workers, Clients
Cons
Benefits could be improved, PTO policy
Great place if you want to grow
Operations (Current Employee) –  Central IllinoisAugust 20, 2015
I am a current team member and have been working at Skill Sprout for approximately 4 years. I have seen all sorts of changes, moves, growth, and celebrations. Skill Sprout is an amazing place to call home base while build a career and planning your future. Growth and advancement has shown to be very rapid internally.
Pros
Flexibility, promotion opportunities, expanding benefits and compensation packages
Social Skill Therapist
Social Skill Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, ILApril 12, 2016
I assess the needs of children with Autism and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Along with parents I create goals and objectives to meet these identified needs, I deliver therapy on a weekily basis to hlep client meet the goals.
Skill Sprout
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Skill Sprout is a fantastic team of dedicated individuals who make a huge impact in the special needs community. 10/10 would recommend employment with them.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
traveling
Flexible and Motivating
Lead Line Therapist (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 11, 2014
Skill Sprout, while a new company, has been a great career facility for me. I joined Skill Sprout as a part time employee and was quickly hired to be full time. Skill Sprout notices, encourages, and provides many opportunities for growth within all the job titles they offer. Skill Sprout offers competitive pay and motivating opportunities to grow yourself professionally as well as personally. Skill Sprout is a great work environment with a lot of flexibility. This makes home life great for all of us who work at Skill Sprout.

Skill Sprout is an amazing company who is helping raising Autism Awareness by growing clients with Autism academically and with life skills. Skill Sprout has well trained, equipped, Board Certified staff to teach and provide incredible programming.

It is such a joy to be a part of a place that wants to better children with disabilities mental or physical!
Pros
traveling opportunities, outreach, clients, co- workers, compensation
Cons
growing pains
Training & Employee Protection Lacking
BCaBA (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 17, 2014
While the clients, families, and co-workers are amazing to work with, this company is very unorganized. While interviewing, it is important to ask lots of questions if they offer full-time. They will often promise full-time, but do not bet on consistency with hours. If you don't meet your full-time status over the 90 day probationary period, you will not get your benefits, even if you requested more work and were not given any. And know that you can be fired at any time for no reason. There is little employee protection.

Training is also lacking. Do not be surprised if you are placed in the job and asked to perform at a certain expectation, with little or no training.
Pros
co-workers, clients, pay
Cons
job protection, lack of training, hours
Friendly environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 12, 2015
Every day I come to work I encounter friendly faces of people who want to make a difference in other people's lives. Everyone tries to work as a team to solve issues in order to keep the work environment stress free as much as possible.This company is giving me the opportunity to do what I enjoy. Skill Sprout is a growing company and the team is working hard to grow and satisfy employees as well as to provide the best possible care for our clients.
Amazing Opportunity to Work as an HR/ Marketing Intern
HR/ Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILApril 22, 2015
Did my Internship at Skill Sprout for 10 weeks and it was a very good learning experience and glimpse of how it's like to work in HR. I had different tasks to do each week/daily and more responsibilities throughout the internship. My supervisors were very helpful in guiding me through all of it and were easily approachable. They also gave me the chance to do my daily tasks and work on my skills independently with some guidance. I would say overall, I enjoyed coming in to Skill Sprout everyday knowing that I get to work with people that actually love what they do. The overall environment at Skill Sprout is very positive and enthusiastic. I would recommend the HR internship program with Skill Sprout for anyone who would like to experience or pursue this field!
Pros
Working with amazing people and get the HR/ Marketing experience
Cons
N/A
Lots of opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, IL, USANovember 11, 2014
I've worked here for almost three years now and I absolutely love it. There are so many opportunities for growth especially if you long term want to be with a company that is making a difference in the lives of so many children. People who have license/certification are able to work their way up fast and advance especially if they have leadership skills. I've loved being a part of this place and here it truly is a career -- it's not a boring job that you go to everyday. I love coming to work here.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
can't think of any
Not the best experience
Therapist (Current Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 21, 2014
HR here is not helpful. The training is lacking, and every time I need help, or have a question, I can't reach anyone. It's also completely ridiculous that this company shuts down for a week around Christmas and doesn't pay even full time employees! They make us use our own personal time if we want to be paid. I have Never heard of a company doing this. On a positive note, my job is very rewarding and I work with some great children and families.
Pros
kids and families
Cons
hr, benefits, lack of pay at christmas, hr lacks communication and training, never know when my mileage check will arrive
Horrible place to work
Line Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2013
This job may be good for administration or people working in the office as they have given their organization 5 star reviews on here. Worked with this organization for over a year, HR is horrible and not helpful. No compensation for gas. Client that I worked with did not live near me at all ( they have no knowledge of the Chicagoland area). They are worried more about the quantity over the quality of care that they are giving their clients. I had an awesome BCBA that I worked with that they ended up letting go because they were changing thing with the company, and ended up having a family cancel services because of all the changes and craziness that goes along with this organization.
Pros
working with kids and had a great bcba that i worked with.
Cons
not full time, no benefits, long drive and no compensation.
Great place for dedicated workers!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, ILApril 10, 2013
I have truly enjoyed my time at Skill Sprout. As the company has grown they have made many transitions and improvements, providing quality care for both their clients and staff. I feel that we have a solid team approach and an overall willingness to help and learn from each other as we all contribute to our main goal: helping families with specific needs. Skill Sprout has helped me advance from line therapist to consultant. They were understanding and flexible with me during my maternity leave and continue to offer support for my new family. I look forward to continuing my career with Skill Sprout!
Pros
flexibility, supportive team, progressive and innovative, full- and part-time positions
Great company thats working for a great cause!!!
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, ILNovember 12, 2014
Skill Sprout is a great company to work for. The company is based around helping others, so I was grateful for the opportunity to join the team. Everyone I've worked with has been very friendly and accommodating. My transition here was very smooth and everyone made me feel right at home from day 1. I've been educated by the staff to learn a lot more about autism that I ever knew before. This has made working here much more comforting, knowing that even though I don't work directly with clients, helping the employees have everything run smoothly helps them stay focused on helping the children. My position has allowed me to travel to Skill Sprout's offices throughout Illinois to help with a variety of things. I can actually say that I love to come to work, because I know I am helping others make a huge impact on others lives.
Pros
friendly staff, potlucks
A great place to work!
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, ILNovember 6, 2012
I've worked at Skill Sprout for almost 5 months now and I could not be happier with my job. Every day is different and there's always something going on. The management team is fantastic and their always there to help you in anyway they can. I love that all my coworkers are so willing to help out whoever needs help. We are definitely a team and do what we need to do to get the job done.
Passion for Student Growth
Pre-Kindergarten Instructor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 9, 2013
I have worked for Skill Sprout for 3 months and love every day of teaching! The HR department is extremely welcoming and quick to answer all of my questions. My Academy co-workers are highly passionate about seeing growth in student performance. Management is encouraging towards employees and dedicated to producing the best quality program for clients.
Love it!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Washington, Illinois, United StatesSeptember 21, 2012
I love working here!! You have to be up to working in an environment that is very fast pace and always busy. It is awesome to be a part of a company that is making a difference in the lives of children with autism and other disabilities. The people who work here are great people and the environment is great as well. Would highly recommend this place.
Pros
benefits for full-time
Wonderful Place to Work!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldMay 1, 2013
I have worked with Skill Sprout for over 1 year, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. The management is kind and very supportive! The HR dept is very accommodating, and the co-workers are lots of fun! I'd highly recommend this company to anyone!!
Pros
great pay and hours!
Rewarding, Fulfilling Jo
Lead Line Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 2, 2013
With such a young company, Skill Sprout has a lot going for it. The staff that I work with is extremely helpful and can direct you to the person with the right answer. The BCBA's truly care about each client, and want to see them grow. Every day is something new, and it is great to not have the routine of a day to day job. With every job, there are some hard days, but seeing individuals grow is the most rewarding part of my day. If you are looking to grow within a company as well as flexibility, Skill Sprout is a great place to work.
Pros
working with children, flexibility
Cons
changes within the company, occasional driving