Skilled Wound Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I can't stop recommending Skilled Wound Care to my colleagues.
Physician provider (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAOctober 6, 2017
I'm a physician provider and have worked at this company for one year. I have worked in various medical fields and I have never felt like part of a family, until joining SWC. I have full control of my schedule and I am finally able to enjoy a balanced work/lifestyle. The compensation is fair and I make as much as I want, based on my goals. They never pressure you into working more than you desire. The company is very ethically and their sole goal is to improve patient's lives by eradicating pressure injuries.This is a long term career and I am very happy I have found a place at SWC.
Pros
flexible, excellent company support, ethical, relaxed work environment
Cons
variable driving hours based on provider preferences
Look closely
Full Time Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA to Riverside Co, CASeptember 6, 2017
-inadequate training for inexperienced medical provider
-no travel allowance pay
-long hours for greater pay
-no pay for writing reports
-forced independent contractor tax status
Pros
Patients
Full Time Physician Assistant
Full Time Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
I am a full time physician assistant, and I have been with SWC for a little under 3 years. I have really loved the job and the day to day rounds. I do drive to nursing facilities and see patients who are mostly elderly with wounds. I have a lot of autonomy seeing the wounds and performing bedside procedure like debridement. As a PA I enjoy being out on the field, making my own decisions, and getting to work alongside nurses. My day starts early to drive and beat traffic. I round at a number of facilities with nurses. Then I come home early in the day at around 3 or 4 ish. I do document at night for about 2 hours on the EMR System.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Friendly Company, A lot of Support
Cons
Documentation, but they are available to help you
worst job I ever had
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2017
If you like running around town to 5-6 different skilled SNF's a day, making less than 30 dollars an hour with no benefits not even mileage allowence take this job. They do little to no field training and then expect you to do procedures which you are absolutely not trained well enough to do. Don't put your license at risk and get paid bad for it. I worked here for 2 months and that was enough.
Pros
learn something aobut wound care
Cons
everything
Very progressive company with great leadership
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Great support for questions and new issues encountered in the field. Co-workers are primarily retired surgeons, who are all very helpful!!. I have learned a myriad about wounds and the treatment thereof!
Great work enviroment
Full Time Wound Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2013
Wound debridement, Tx recommendation and recorded using EMR
Pros
good money and working relationship at the facilities
Cons
time consuming reports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skilled Wound Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7